Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 cable box/DVR flashing, clicking, reboot failed

Contributor

X1 cable box/DVR flashing, clicking, reboot failed

I'm not at home to give the model number, I'm sorry, but we have had this particular X1 box for a year, perhaps 18 months.  Last night the box turned off and when we tried to turn it back on it just kept flashing.  No response to touching the power button, no response to unplugging, etc.  

For the last 2 weeks our Internet and Cable have been down on and off, several outages.  But no power outages.  The Internet and cable issue had finally been fixed and then this.

We left it unplugged all night, tried again this morning and the same thing.  Constant flashing lights and a clicking sound.  No error when you turn the TV on, just a black screen.

Technical support said after we did the unplug/re-plug that there seemed to be an issue now with the signal getting to the box, though they couldn't say why.  Just baffled that this happened so suddenly.

I'm guessing only a technician will be able to sort this out, but has anyone else had this problem?  My HOPE is we simply need a new box, just not sure why this seemed to "blow" all of a sudden.  Does this sound like the box somehow got fried?  Something else?  Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

New Poster

Re: X1 cable box/DVR flashing, clicking, reboot failed

I had similar issue.  It said reboot for awhile.  Now does not even have a light on.  I tried unplugging and pugging in.  It seems to be dead but I can hear the fan running.  I think comcast must have done a repogram over night and messed the box up with a update.  Hope they send new update overnight and fix it.   Otherwise I think I need a new box.

Expert

@rockerrockstar wrote:

I had similar issue.  It said reboot for awhile.  Now does not even have a light on.  I tried unplugging and pugging in.  It seems to be dead but I can hear the fan running.  I think comcast must have done a repogram over night and messed the box up with a update.  Hope they send new update overnight and fix it.   Otherwise I think I need a new box.

swap out today

Official Employee

MPEARCE, I don’t show you having an X1 dvr but your modem is way out of spec. Remove/reduce any extra splitters to get help back into spec
Official Employee

Hello, were you two ale to get your issue resolve? 

New Poster

I got a new box at comcast store.  Exchanged X1 box for new one.  Solved issue.