Community Forum

X1 box showing Si St message

New Poster

X1 box showing Si St message

Where the time usually shows, it shows Si St. What does that mean? The TV turns on and seems to be ok.

Expert

Re: X1 box showing Si St message

@Jstreff wrote:

Where the time usually shows, it shows Si St. What does that mean? The TV turns on and seems to be ok.

temporarily put the box on the coax connected to your gateway/modem. does it boot to a clock normally there? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @Jstreff

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. We apologize for the experience you're having. Are you still receiving the SiSt error code on your cable box? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

It went away on its own—still don't understand what the message means.
Official Employee

Thanks for reporting that it went away, Jstreff. This error code can indicate a few different service degradation scenarios. If this comes back, please reach out and we would be happy to help troubleshoot your X1 box. We appreciate you creating the post. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Jstreff. Your thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if your issues creeps back up, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.