Community Forum

X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

@applehazar wrote:

i found that i need to change from surrond to stereo back to surround every time i turn on my tv - it seems to enable surround sound with my onxyo system - this is stupid but it seesm to work - xfinity??? are you lsitening???

I have my TV connected by HDMI to my Onkyo TX-NR626.  I have my X1 DVR (not a companion RNG150) connected to my Onkyo by HDMI.  My X1 DVR is set to Surround in Settings.

I have Receiver Native Version 2.0.0.  

Surround stays on all the time because I have 2.0.0.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem. X1 and Comcast calls were useless. They confirmed they have the same problem but have no solution. I solved it last night by unplugging the HDMI cable from the X1 box but left the optical audio cable in with the X1 box and receiver on. My A/V receiver immediately switched to Dolby Digital from stereo. When I plugged the HDMI cable back in (going from X1 box to TV) the signal stayed in Dolby Digital. Confirmed this worked on several channels. I'm not powering the X1 box off because if you do it then gets "confused" again between the Stereo HDMI connection to the TV and switches the output back to Stereo. Friggin ridiculous but it's a solution........

Gold Problem Solver

Please read this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Audio-How-does-it-work-and-what-should-I-expect/td-p/2400405

Carefully read message #393. If you have the original Pace DVR (XG1-P with green power light) you are gonna want to swap it out.

This has been discussed so many times and in so much depth and detail there is no reason to get into it again...

@darthbubbamille wrote:

I have the same problem. X1 and Comcast calls were useless. They confirmed they have the same problem but have no solution. I solved it last night by unplugging the HDMI cable from the X1 box but left the optical audio cable in with the X1 box and receiver on. My A/V receiver immediately switched to Dolby Digital from stereo. When I plugged the HDMI cable back in (going from X1 box to TV) the signal stayed in Dolby Digital. Confirmed this worked on several channels. I'm not powering the X1 box off because if you do it then gets "confused" again between the Stereo HDMI connection to the TV and switches the output back to Stereo. Friggin ridiculous but it's a solution........

New Poster

This not true check your receiver it defaults to prologic don't give wrong info to people if you are not sure 

New Poster

Also many xfinity boxes hold the settings on surround and work just fine I have seen many of them because I am audio video integrator if it is on stereo IT IS STEREO 

Regular Contributor

Rick. Like the previous post   My local Comcast office  Ann Arbor. Will not swap out green boxes.  They refuse 

Gold Problem Solver

That's interesting. Within the past 2.5 years (since I got X1) I have visited four different Comcast locations in the Twin Cities area and they have always done exactly what I asked them to do.

I would not accept that answer and I would simply go to a different office.

Hopefully you folks are aware that the audio on the HDMI output and the audio coming from the digital audio output are somewhat independent. Suggest you read my post #393 in this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Audio-How-does-it-work-and-what-should-I-expect/td-p/2400405/page...

@applehazar wrote:

Rick. Like the previous post   My local Comcast office  Ann Arbor. Will not swap out green boxes.  They refuse 

Expert

@applehazar wrote:

my local office also refused to swap out my green and blue pace ver 1 DVRs. I contacted billing to complain and they arranged to send the replacements to me on a DIY. that was many months ago and she stated that no pace ver 1 DVRs were being used as replacement DVRs now.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

So Comcast. Since I pay monthly for these 2 green boxes what are you going to do for me? You have my account info
Silver Problem Solver

You can go to a Comcast store and swap out boxes at no charge.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I woudl swap them but as I said Ann Arbor refuses to - they say they dont stock any and only the repair peole can get them and they mostly only have green - not sure the next move. 

New Poster

how is your box connected to the receiver? hdmi out from box to reciever hdmi in, then receiver hdmi out to tv hdmi in?