Community Forum

X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

New Poster

X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

New install.  When set to surround it will change back to stereo as soon as you exit the audio setting option.  I am using the optical output.

Is this a bug in all of the X1 boxes or is my box defective?

Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

On my X1 box with my surround system turned on I flipped between stereo and surrrround and the X1 box stays in surround sound but shows stereo. If you try this you will hear it too. This is a known bug in the current software. So after you set it for surround sound it will stay in suround sound but show stereo on the menu.

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have the same issue.  After getting my new box I tried all the ideas I had seen people post with no luck.  After several tries with Xfinity I was finally connected with one of their advanced techs who confirmed this is a known issue that will require a firmware update.  I was not given any date for the release of the firmware update, but I was told this a couple weeks ago. I have been checking for updates regularly but so far none have shown up. 

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Thank you for confirming the bug.  I also found that after I selected 'surround' the box stayed in that mode but the screen went back to stereo.  The biggest problem I have found is the lack of knowledge by the Comcast techs and phone support people.

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

i did what was suggested, but I am not getting true surround sound from my audio system.  Does anyone know if it is working for them when the setup shows stereo after you have selected surround sound?  Thanks in advance for any help.

I too agree that the support people on the phones are very lacking in their knowledge of this product.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

The latest update has fixed the menu problem.  Now it says surround and also provides it.  No more problem.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Did your box update itself? Do you have a firmware version number?

 

I am having the same issue where the box won't save the setting for the audio setting stereo/surround. I just checked and there is no update for my box yet.

 

The box is an XG1-P and I just got it a couple of weeks ago.

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

In the settings Menu where you select the audio signal and TV resolution the last item is 'update your software'.  Just clidk update and it will download the lates softrware version.  Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago (Washington DC area).

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have a new install from the first week in August and still have this problem connected to my Onkyo receiver. The box constantly reverts back to Stereo. I went to the software update and it said I have the current version.
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Different areas of the country may have newer upgrades.  Yours will eventually be made available.  For now just select surround.  It will work since the only error is the menu indicator.  The box goes to surround just the menu indication is incorrect.

 

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I agree that different areas are probably getting the update at different times and our area is notoriously late on getting any changes in technology or upgrades.  I do not agree that surround sound is working even if the box is saying stereo.  I do not get any rear speaker sound while watching TV with the X1 box.  Worked fine before getting the new box and works when I play DVDs directly to my home theatre system. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

How are you coupling the surround sound?  HDMI or optical cable.  When they installed my box they used the coax cable which I used on my old Motorola box and plugged it into the right stereo jack.  Another possibility is you have a defective box.  I also read that some people were having trouble getting surround through the HDMI.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have the same problem. I have a X1 box, XG1-P and I can't get surround sound. My old box had surround sound through the HDMI by using the secret menu(pressing Menu/OK on the remote as soon as you turn the box off) I set it to surround in the menu and it goes back to stereo. So I tried connecting the box through the Digital Optical Out and setting it to surround. It once again went back to stereo BUT it did make the audio come out through my surround sound speakers. The problem is I only have one Optical In on my receiver and I need it for my other stuff setup on it. This means the X1 box has surround but not using HDMI like most other devices. Most electronics with HDMI use Audio Return Channel (ARC) which lets surround sound (5.1 and above) work through HDMI. I'm going to have to wait till this bug is fixed or get a receiver with more then one Digital Optical In (receivers are expensive!!!)

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

You can get a multi input optical adapter and hook both signals up.  Since you will only be using one of your audio inuts at a time this should work fine.  Check on ebay.  Much cheaper than a new receiver.

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

My X1 Box is connected to my Yamaha Home Theatre Receiver via optic cable.  I got my receiver before HDMI was available.  I get full surround sound when I hook my DVD player directly to my receiver via optic cable so it would appear that all my components are working which points to the X1 Box as the issue.  An Xfinity tech did confirm that it was a firmware problem a few months ago after I made a few calls to them.  It took an "advanced tech" to know anything about this problem (the normal call center was clueless). 

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I did the same test as another user - put on a blu-Ray DVD and played that to confirm my surround sound was indeed working. I also used the receivers built in test to confirm sound was coming through all the speakers.

Switched the receiver back to use the audio from the optical output from the X1 box but only get stereo output. The X1 box will not save the setting for surround and it doesn't play surround sound.

No update is available for the box. I have tried to select the update function for the box but it says no update is available.
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Install 2 days ago having the same issue, 2 channel audio, no center channel or rear speaker sound, audio menu won't save the change to surround no matter what I do.  

 

Wish I would have found this before I wasted the last 2 hours on the phone with the "special" X-1 tech support explaining to them there is a difference between a stereo output and surround output.  The tech actually told me that box is "new, very advanced, and not capable of doing surround sound".  Are you kidding me?????  

 

When I asked to talk to someone else I was told no one could help me, had to be a problem with my TV.  I explained my blue ray player is inputing the exact same way (HDMI with ARC back to the reciever) the tech just kept telling me it's a problem with my TV setup and the box doesn't do surround sound.  I'm convinced the tech had no idea what I was talking about and told me my only option was to file a complaint which I did.  

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Not that we need it re-confirmed but I can re-confirm that this is not just an issue with it displaying wrong in the menu.  Tonight's situation:

 

Was watching ESPNHD and noticed that my reciever wasn't displaying Dolby Digital.  I went into the Audio settings and it said "Surround."  I switched it back to "Stereo" and nothing happened.  Then I switched it back to "Surround" my receiver clicked into Dolby Digital and the sound came through my speakers correctly (and proven by the display on the front of the reciever which flashed and changed).  

 

So not only did it somehow flip back to Stereo at some point over the last few days, it was still displaying Surround despite outputting Stereo.  Flipping it twice was the only resolution to get it back to Surround.

 

Frustrating.

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Has this been resolved?! I'm still getting no surround sound. Perfectly fine 5.1 via Apple TV, Xbox 360, etc. This is awful and unacceptable.
New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Still NOT fixed.  I keep watching for firmware updates, but so far nothing.  This does suck!

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I "upgraded" to the X1 box two days ago and Comcast informed me today, that the X1 box is not compatible with AV receivers.  I normally run all my devices (Blu-Ray player, Xbox, AppleTv, etc), into my Yamaha receiver with HDMI cables.  I then run one HDMI cable from my receiver to my TV.  This allows me to use only one input setting on my TV and control pretty much everything from my Yamaha remote.  According to Comcast, I cannot do this with the X1 box.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I like the X1 features, but this change is a bit annoying...

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

While I still have the audio bug, I still run my boxes through my AV Receiver and control it via Harmony remotes.  My home theater has an X1 DVR running through a Denon receiver while my family room has an X1 (non-DVR) box running through an Onkyo receiver.  Except the annoying issue of losing surround sound, it works fine.  What are they saying is not compatible?

Contributor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I'm having the same issue, HDMI hooked up to my tv with my receiver connected to ARC. Surround sound worked fine on my Motorola 3416 but not on this, my receiver does not say it's getting 5.1 when I change it to surround, I've tried changing back to stereo and then to surround like some suggested but that doesn't work either. After this and realizing that the second box can't pause or rewind live TV I think I'm just going to switch back.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I also have an Onkyo receiver - starting this week - I have NO audio at all - any ideas?  sometimes it magically comes on after about 5-10 minutes - but now nothing after 15 minutes  - coax to x1 box - hdmi to receiver - out to tv- this is very discouraging

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Hello,

 

I have X1 AnyRoom - 1 DVR, 2 terminals. All 3 boxes are connected via HDMI to their respective home theater systems. Surround sound works for live TV on all boxes. However, only the main DVR unit will do 5.1 surround sound on recordings, where the 2 terminals play in stereo when viewing a recording from the AnyRoom DVR.

 

I previously had the Motorola DCX AnyRoom system (same quantity of boxes) and the terminals would do 5.1 surround sound on the AnyRoom recordings.

 

A bit of a pain, because one terminal box is hooked up to a large projection screen and not having 5.1 for recorded movies is ... unpleasant Smiley Happy

 

Please advise, thank you.

 

Doug

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


dougkinzinger wrote:

Hello,

 

I have X1 AnyRoom - 1 DVR, 2 terminals. All 3 boxes are connected via HDMI to their respective home theater systems. Surround sound works for live TV on all boxes. However, only the main DVR unit will do 5.1 surround sound on recordings, where the 2 terminals play in stereo when viewing a recording from the AnyRoom DVR.

 

I previously had the Motorola DCX AnyRoom system (same quantity of boxes) and the terminals would do 5.1 surround sound on the AnyRoom recordings.

 

A bit of a pain, because one terminal box is hooked up to a large projection screen and not having 5.1 for recorded movies is ... unpleasant Smiley Happy

 

Please advise, thank you.

 

Doug


I have the same problem with my 3 networked X1 DVRs.  They will play live programming in 5.1 surround and they'll play their own recordings in 5.1 surround but they won't play recordings from another DVR in 5.1.

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Hey man, I have the exact same issue.  The stereo function worked fine, but then all of a sudden the audio cut out.  Haven't been able to run it through my Pioneer receiver ever since. 

I'm curious if you've figured out a solution to this yet???

 

Also, just so you know I only have 2 pre-installed ceiling surround speakers built in to my living room that sit right over my couch.  What do you think the best way to hook up these speakers are?  I have a wall mount outlet that only has 2 speaker connections "Surround" left and right. 

 

Thoughts?

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have a similar issue through HDMI to my receiver. I'm in the Chicago area.

 

While the menu says surround, the X1 box reverts back to stereo, and the receiver converts to Pro Logic.

 

When I go to the X1 menu and change it to stereo, then back to surround, I get 5.1 surround, but it never lasts. Serious pain.

 

I'll check for a firmware update, but until it's fixed, whenever watching a movie or sports event etc., I just make the switch and hope it will last for the duration of the movie (which it usually does).

 

Anyone have this same issue?

 

- Dan

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have the same issue.  X1 DVR connected to Denon AVR-2311CI receiver via HDMI, using the receiver as my video/audio switcher.  Audio reverts to Pro-Logic until I toggle the setting in the device settings.  Stays Dolby Digital until the next time the AVR gets powered on.  I will try a newer HDMI cable for grins today, but this was not an issue with DirecTV DVR I just replaced with X1, not my Apple TV, X360, or BluRay player, which all use the same cables.  I'm fairly certain this is just buggy X1 code in the HDMI driver stack.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have an onkyo receiver - i also thought the surround sound was better on the old dvr - now i have x1 - it does come out of all speakers but not as clear and bold - is dolby direct - a better setting than pro logic?  i actiually have a 7.2 setup that seems to only work good with blu ray disks - never with x1 - any suggestion for the best set up for x1 is appreciated

New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Known issue with their most sophisticated cable box. Video is fine. Audio locks out selecting Surround, and the tech confirmed to me that it's a known bug. They need to fix this. How Comcast could have broughts this out with such fanfare while ignoring the fact that most users have home theater set-ups including Surround Sound 5.1 or better is insane. Did they not test this? They HAD to test this, right? And all it takes is a change in coding to make it work. Come on, Comcast, get on the stick. Do your job. Deliver audio that you seemed to promise when you made such a big splash about the video capabilities of the system. Ugh!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


applehazar wrote:

I have an onkyo receiver - i also thought the surround sound was better on the old dvr - now i have x1 - it does come out of all speakers but not as clear and bold - is dolby direct - a better setting than pro logic?  i actiually have a 7.2 setup that seems to only work good with blu ray disks - never with x1 - any suggestion for the best set up for x1 is appreciated


Unfortunately, we don't know which X1 DVR you have.  AFAICT, there is an Arris and a Pace.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Pace. Can anyone tell me how to get surround sound? The old regular dvr box was excellent with my onxyo on PLIIx movie setting. The pace x1 box outputs very little on side speakers and nothing on rear
Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


applehazar wrote:
Pace. Can anyone tell me how to get surround sound? The old regular dvr box was excellent with my onxyo on PLIIx movie setting. The pace x1 box outputs very little on side speakers and nothing on rear

Hi applehazar,

 

I suggest that you start a new thread to diagnose your particular issue.  Asking on this old thread will be confusing.

 

Just start a new thread and describe your setup completely, especially with device models you are using and how they are connected to each other.  For example, I have a Pace X1 STB connected to my Onkyo TX-NR709 receiver by HDMI which in turn is connected to my Sony KDL52EX700 by another HDMI cable.  My X1 output resolution is set to "1080p60" and audio mode is "Surround".  I have no audio problems with any X1 source (my receiver is set to THX Cinema).

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


BellevueBob wrote:

applehazar wrote:
Pace. Can anyone tell me how to get surround sound? The old regular dvr box was excellent with my onxyo on PLIIx movie setting. The pace x1 box outputs very little on side speakers and nothing on rear

Hi applehazar,

 

I suggest that you start a new thread to diagnose your particular issue.  Asking on this old thread will be confusing.

 

Just start a new thread and describe your setup completely, especially with device models you are using and how they are connected to each other.  For example, I have a Pace X1 STB connected to my Onkyo TX-NR709 receiver by HDMI which in turn is connected to my Sony KDL52EX700 by another HDMI cable.  My X1 output resolution is set to "1080p60" and audio mode is "Surround".  I have no audio problems with any X1 source (my receiver is set to THX Cinema).


That's a "me too".  I have the TX-NR609.  No audio problems, except with X1 sources.  Some cable channels cut in and out, but infrequently.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I am having the same problem. I have and Onkyo reciever. I used to have the X1 anyroom box direct HDMI to that and HDMI for video to my TV. Now, due to HDMI on the Onkyo failing. I have HDMI from the X1 AnyRoom box to the TV and optical out to the Onkyo Reciever.

 

I am not getting 5.1 output, I put it on Surround and then it will just go back to Stereo. My Onkyo is just showing stereo coming it. It's incredibly annoying. I am also having audio syncing issues with the video on my recorded programs on the X1 Anyroom, but not on live TV or on my main DVR.

 

Hopefully this will be addressed soon. If they claim the X1 Anyroom really doesn't support 5.1 surround, I would cancel.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I would really like to know comcast response to ths - what a mess

Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


Delapotato wrote:

I am having the same problem. I have and Onkyo reciever. I used to have the X1 anyroom box direct HDMI to that and HDMI for video to my TV. Now, due to HDMI on the Onkyo failing. I have HDMI from the X1 AnyRoom box to the TV and optical out to the Onkyo Reciever.

 

I am not getting 5.1 output, I put it on Surround and then it will just go back to Stereo. My Onkyo is just showing stereo coming it. It's incredibly annoying. I am also having audio syncing issues with the video on my recorded programs on the X1 Anyroom, but not on live TV or on my main DVR.

 

Hopefully this will be addressed soon. If they claim the X1 Anyroom really doesn't support 5.1 surround, I would cancel.

 


As I said, it would be best if you also start a new thread so you can get help specific to your problem.  In your case, what you mean by "HDMI on the Onkyo failing".  Have you tried a new proper high speed cable?  Also, although you are connecting an optical cable from your TV back to the receiver, your TV may not be passing a "clean" signal.  That's certainly not a Comcast issue, but it might be if your X1 box settings are incorrect.

 

Again, rather than having us guess, post a new message and describe everything.  Give model numbers of all your equipment, how they are connected, and the settings on your X1 box.  You will get much better help that way. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


Delapotato wrote:

 

I am not getting 5.1 output, I put it on Surround and then it will just go back to Stereo. My Onkyo is just showing stereo coming it. It's incredibly annoying. I am also having audio syncing issues with the video on my recorded programs on the X1 Anyroom, but not on live TV or on my main DVR.

 


 

Another poster reported a Comcast Tech said the reason the "Surround/Stereo" selection won't stick in the X1's audio selection is because the box detects the next device in line from the HDMI out.  In your case it's detecting the TV which is a stereo device, not a surround sound device, so it switches back to the "Stereo" setting.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

In my case, the next device is my Denon AVR, not my TV.  The X1 box will send it a Dolby Digital signal after I toggle the setting, but doesn't remember it the next time.  I only have HDMI, excellent quality cables.  

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


DougPentek wrote:

In my case, the next device is my Denon AVR, not my TV.  The X1 box will send it a Dolby Digital signal after I toggle the setting, but doesn't remember it the next time.  I only have HDMI, excellent quality cables.  


I have HDMI to my TV and optical audio cable to my receiver.  I always get surround sound to my receiver - but the audio setting stays at "Stereo" on the X1 because the HDMI is connected to my TV.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

That is what my Pace box did when I had it. It said it was in STEREO but in fact in was outputting 5.1 SURROUND audio.

 

The Arris X1 DVR box functions properly in this regard. It stays in SURROUND mode when selected. It outputs DD 5.1 when set to SURROUND and STEREO when set to STEREO.

 


manamok wrote:

DougPentek wrote:

In my case, the next device is my Denon AVR, not my TV.  The X1 box will send it a Dolby Digital signal after I toggle the setting, but doesn't remember it the next time.  I only have HDMI, excellent quality cables.  


I have HDMI to my TV and optical audio cable to my receiver.  I always get surround sound to my receiver - but the audio setting stays at "Stereo" on the X1 because the HDMI is connected to my TV.




Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


RickGr4 wrote:

That is what my Pace box did when I had it. It said it was in STEREO but in fact in was outputting 5.1 SURROUND audio.

 

The Arris X1 DVR box functions properly in this regard. It stays in SURROUND mode when selected. It outputs DD 5.1 when set to SURROUND and STEREO when set to STEREO.

 


I wonder if having 3 Arris boxes rather than 3 Pace boxes would eliminate my surround/stereo conflicts when listening to recordings on one box that were recorded on a different box.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I think it would be worth a try... if you can come up with 3 Arris DVR's.

 

I my opinion and taking different markets into consideration, I believe the Arris box to be better in many aspects. It's not way better in any one area, it's a little better in many areas. Knowing what I know now, I would do what ever it took to get my hands on one. I wish there was Arris made Companion boxes. I'd bet they would solve this issue.

 


manamok wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

That is what my Pace box did when I had it. It said it was in STEREO but in fact in was outputting 5.1 SURROUND audio.

 

The Arris X1 DVR box functions properly in this regard. It stays in SURROUND mode when selected. It outputs DD 5.1 when set to SURROUND and STEREO when set to STEREO.

 


I wonder if having 3 Arris boxes rather than 3 Pace boxes would eliminate my surround/stereo conflicts when listening to recordings on one box that were recorded on a different box.



Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound


RickGr4 wrote:

I think it would be worth a try... if you can come up with 3 Arris DVR's.

 

I my opinion and taking different markets into consideration, I believe the Arris box to be better in many aspects. It's not way better in any one area, it's a little better in many areas. Knowing what I know now, I would do what ever it took to get my hands on one. I wish there was Arris made Companion boxes. I'd bet they would solve this issue.

 


manamok wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

That is what my Pace box did when I had it. It said it was in STEREO but in fact in was outputting 5.1 SURROUND audio.

 

The Arris X1 DVR box functions properly in this regard. It stays in SURROUND mode when selected. It outputs DD 5.1 when set to SURROUND and STEREO when set to STEREO.

 


I wonder if having 3 Arris boxes rather than 3 Pace boxes would eliminate my surround/stereo conflicts when listening to recordings on one box that were recorded on a different box.

Can't hurt to ask. 

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Agreed. That's how I got mine...

 


manamok wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

I think it would be worth a try... if you can come up with 3 Arris DVR's.

 

I my opinion and taking different markets into consideration, I believe the Arris box to be better in many aspects. It's not way better in any one area, it's a little better in many areas. Knowing what I know now, I would do what ever it took to get my hands on one. I wish there was Arris made Companion boxes. I'd bet they would solve this issue.

 


manamok wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

That is what my Pace box did when I had it. It said it was in STEREO but in fact in was outputting 5.1 SURROUND audio.

 

The Arris X1 DVR box functions properly in this regard. It stays in SURROUND mode when selected. It outputs DD 5.1 when set to SURROUND and STEREO when set to STEREO.

 


I wonder if having 3 Arris boxes rather than 3 Pace boxes would eliminate my surround/stereo conflicts when listening to recordings on one box that were recorded on a different box.

Can't hurt to ask. 

 




Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have optical direct from the x1 box to receiver, so the sound source is direct. I was getting 5.1 with the old box
New Poster

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

New to X! this week.   I have xfinity x1 XG1-P box,  sony 1040 AVR, and Samsung UNxxF8000 TV.   I cannot get surround sound to come through the new Xfinity box and it worked fine with my old Motorola box.  The sony 1040 can display what signal is coming through and it says PCM (stereo) rather than Dolby(surround).

 

My TV is connected to AVR by HDMI cable (ARC)

 

I tried:

- HDMI from cable box direct to TV -- cannot get surround sound selection to stick on Cable box menu so no surround at all

- HDMI from cable box to AVR - I can get surround to stick on Cable box, but it resets to stereo so many times (when I turn AVR on/off etc), it is not even worth it

- Optical cable from cable box to AVR -- cannot get surround selection to stick on Cable box menu  so no surround sound at all

 

This worked in exact same setup with my older Xfinity cable box, so I am going to give this a few more days and switch back to the older comcast box as surround sound is a big part of movie  and sport experience

 

The Xfinity X1 box (San Francisco area) cannot deliver sound sound consistently through an AVR it looks like and the sad part is this bug seems to have a one year life on this forum so  I am no optimistic it will be fixed.    I am sure the xfinity box is the issue as it worked in past with old box, and works inconsistenly per three options above.  It appears the box tries to detect surround capability which does not make sense as there are so many setups and user should just be able to control it.

 

Mark

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the wacky world of X1 audio problems. There is currently three or four threads running on this. What you are saying is far from new. However what you might find that in the case of the Pace X1 box it may indicate it is stuck in STEREO but in fact it is outputting DD 5.1. Are you saying your AV receiver isn't switching into DD 5.1 and you have confirmed that?

 


mpbu wrote:

New to X! this week.   I have xfinity x1 XG1-P box,  sony 1040 AVR, and Samsung UNxxF8000 TV.   I cannot get surround sound to come through the new Xfinity box and it worked fine with my old Motorola box.  The sony 1040 can display what signal is coming through and it says PCM (stereo) rather than Dolby(surround).

 

My TV is connected to AVR by HDMI cable (ARC)

 

I tried:

- HDMI from cable box direct to TV -- cannot get surround sound selection to stick on Cable box menu so no surround at all

- HDMI from cable box to AVR - I can get surround to stick on Cable box, but it resets to stereo so many times (when I turn AVR on/off etc), it is not even worth it

- Optical cable from cable box to AVR -- cannot get surround selection to stick on Cable box menu  so no surround sound at all

 

This worked in exact same setup with my older Xfinity cable box, so I am going to give this a few more days and switch back to the older comcast box as surround sound is a big part of movie  and sport experience

 

The Xfinity X1 box (San Francisco area) cannot deliver sound sound consistently through an AVR it looks like and the sad part is this bug seems to have a one year life on this forum so  I am no optimistic it will be fixed.    I am sure the xfinity box is the issue as it worked in past with old box, and works inconsistenly per three options above.  It appears the box tries to detect surround capability which does not make sense as there are so many setups and user should just be able to control it.

 

Mark




Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 box settings, audio, surround sound

I have the same problem with no surround sound from the satellite boxes when viewing a recording from the main dvr box.  I wonder if this will work differently when you have cloud based recordings.