Community Forum

X1 box on but no picture

New Poster

X1 box on but no picture

So randomly when I turn on my tv there will be no picture or sound my tv just says no signal. I have to get up and physically press power on the STB and turn it off then back on and it comes right up. Any idea why this is happening? It is not a power save issue
Expert

Re: X1 box on but no picture

@Veiga87 wrote:
So randomly when I turn on my tv there will be no picture or sound my tv just says no signal. I have to get up and physically press power on the STB and turn it off then back on and it comes right up. Any idea why this is happening? It is not a power save issue

From the way you described it, the cable missed the handshake with the television when both were  first turned on. Cycling the box off and back on created a new "handshake" that opened the HDMI port on the box. That would make me think your particular box needs a coding change for the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

OK so what everyone is saying I can not watch Hulu on my smart TV if I have company? Because I do not see the app
Official Employee

If you’re referring to not seeing Hulu on your smart tv, have you downloaded it to your smart tv through the proper access?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@Ladyluck2448 wrote:
OK so what everyone is saying I can not watch Hulu on my smart TV if I have company? Because I do not see the app

That may depend on the brand of "smart" television you happen to own. My Samsung television has the "Hulu" app if I wished to down-load it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.