Community Forum

X1 box on but no picture

New Poster

X1 box on but no picture

[Note:  I am having a very similar problem as the user who posted under the same Subject name but the Comcast employee (ComcastShane) took the thread private so I do not know if any solution was found.]

I have recently switched to Comcast.  My receiver is my switch for all HDMI media so the X1 (like all my other devices) is hooked to my receiver.  The problem occurs when I shut down my system (my remote shuts down the TV, receiver, and presumably the X1 although it is hard to tell since there is no discernable change in the X1 appearance) and then I later come back to watch TV and turn everything back on.  The TV is either blank or frequently says no HDMI sgnal.  The receiver and the TV are all on the correct HMDI inputs.  All my other HDMI devcies (blu-ray, AppleTV, XBox) work fine when I follow this same process and the picture is there shortly aftering turning them on.   

To answer a question asked in the similar thread -- the blue power light on the X1 stays on. In fact, the green activity light will flash anytime I press buttons on the DVR remote, as if it still works.  Just nothing on the TV.

New Poster

Re: X1 box on but no picture

I have been having the same problem intermitting!  I was told once by the Comcast tech it was my HDMI cable, he said it should be on HDMI2 source and also he replaced my cable.  Again the problem is back, I was then told it was my Samsung Curve TV is the problem (TV is 3 years old).  Still no solution!!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@robbienkathy wrote:

I have been having the same problem intermitting!  I was told once by the Comcast tech it was my HDMI cable, he said it should be on HDMI2 source and also he replaced my cable.  Again the problem is back, I was then told it was my Samsung Curve TV is the problem (TV is 3 years old).  Still no solution!!

One possibility:

You may want to call 800-Comcast and select TV. ask the agent to run the internal troubleshooting guide (einstein) and let it test your line.

Another option: try a System Refresh.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have had Comcast out to our house 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  

Expert

if this is for the new xg1v4 (no clock) DVR set top box it is a known problem. easy fix is to use tV remote to change input to another HDMI live port then back to DVR. no reboot necessary.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!