Community Forum

X1 box on but no picture

New Poster

X1 box on but no picture

Recently my X1 box has been acting up. When I turn my TV on, there is no picture. I’m on the correct input and all cords are connected properly. If I power off the box and then turn it back on, I get a picture. I have switched HDMI cords which has not fixed the problem. I even have unplugged and refreshed my box to no avail. This seems to be an intermittent problem that I can’t recreate. It just seems to happen. It also happens to my cable box at work too. Is this happening to anyone else?
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1 box on but no picture

@cliffberkshire wrote:
Recently my X1 box has been acting up. When I turn my TV on, there is no picture. I’m on the correct input and all cords are connected properly. If I power off the box and then turn it back on, I get a picture. I have switched HDMI cords which has not fixed the problem. I even have unplugged and refreshed my box to no avail. This seems to be an intermittent problem that I can’t recreate. It just seems to happen. It also happens to my cable box at work too. Is this happening to anyone else?

does the sound continue playing when the picture is off? what model of set top box is on that TV? do you have the power save feature turned on? screen saver setting?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

There is no sound at all. The TV shows “no signal.” The box is Model # AX013ANM. I originally thought it was the power saver, but I shut it off and the problem continues. The screen saver is set for 10 minutes.
Highlighted
Expert

@cliffberkshire wrote:
There is no sound at all. The TV shows “no signal.” The box is Model # AX013ANM. I originally thought it was the power saver, but I shut it off and the problem continues. The screen saver is set for 10 minutes.

is the power 'light' LED off (power save)? if you use the TV's remote and check which input HDMI connector is currently selected does it show the DVR? did you try moving the DVR to a different HDMI slot on your TV? is there a receiver or sound bar between the set top box and the TV?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The blue power light stays on. In fact, the green activity light will flash anytime I press buttons on the DVR remote, as if it still works. I have tried both HDMI connections and both are having the problems. There is a sound sound system, but it is not in between the DVR and TV.
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!