Community Forum

X1 box keeps freezing

dougjwest
Regular Visitor

X1 box keeps freezing

TV with X1 remote box consistently freezes during real-time broadcast programming and is especially annoying during live news events or sports.  This does not happen with streaming programs or DVR recordings and I can still stream on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

The wifi signal to my home network is excellent.  My main TV with the X1 box does not have this problem.  I have refreshed, restarted, rebooted, and unplugged everything with no improvement.
It started happening a couple of weeks ago, and it would happen every once in a while, now it happens every 3 minutes.

Please help!

ComcastStephani
Official Employee

Re: X1 box keeps freezing

Hello, @dougjwest! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our forums regarding your X1 box issues. I'd be super frustrated having it freeze during live programs. We want to ensure you're able to full enjoy your programs and help stop it from freezing going forward. Can you please send over a Private Message with your first and last name and your address, so I may further review with you? Thank you! 

How to send a Private Message: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/sendmessage 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
dougjwest
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 box keeps freezing

I was finally able to figure out how to send you a private message.
Hope to hear from you soon, as the issue is still ongoing.
Thank you for your help.