Community Forum

X1 box PXD01ANI Needs reset every 2 house

Regular Visitor

X1 box PXD01ANI Needs reset every 2 house

So on this box PXD01ANI the sound goes in and out and a green flash goes accross the screen. When I reset the box it works normal for about 2 or 3 house then it does it again. It needs to be reset every day when the tv is turned on. I have moved it around to several other location in the house (I have 6 boxes) and it does it everywhere so I am pretty sure it is not a signal strength problem. What is frustrating is this is about the 5th box that I have returned and each has done this. Every time I return the box I get another rebuilt box and they all have similar problems. How do I get a new one rather than a rebuilt or remanufactured box? It seams quality control on comcast equipment is a problem. Any ideas and what the next step should be? Thanks for any help and advice.

Expert

Re: X1 box PXD01ANI Needs reset every 2 house

I don't know how to get a new box. Most are refurbished.

The problem is that the box can get damaged from shipping out to the service centers. I would just get the box exchanged again. It works better doing at the service center where you can ask if they happen to have  new box, or newer model.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 box PXD01ANI Needs reset every 2 house

Request an XG2, that box you keep swapping is dependent on a good, clean signal from the main box for it to work properly. It may not be signal strength but but how clean the communication between equipment.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!