Community Forum

X1 and new 4k box delivered -- picture is terrible

Regular Contributor

Re: xg1v4 bad pix

Update, seems my new 2018 sony oled has a processor problem, all devices look bad in 4k mode, got a new sony coming, as far as the 2018 lg oled 2 key settings were taken out & that's why it didn't look as good as previous models.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi!

Please tell me what settings were taken out of the 2018 LG oled ??

I went from a 2017 Sony 55" XBR55X900F (non-oled) to a

2017 LG 55" 55oled55B7 (within the last month). stutter and judder not much better.

and I was thinking of up-ing it to the 2018 model for the processor??? What settings were taken out?

politics:

just personal opinions, experiences: 

As far a pic problems, I have had my big dissapointment with comcast.

The local "upper people" let me down and finally told me they don't see anything wrong looking at my picture.

just maybe, on that visit that they examined my picture, it was the wrong time of day so picture was not that bad.

They did come several times to their credit and change lots of wiring and equipment.

I feel like I was their guinea pig. They said there is nothing else they can do.

I guess my "node's" performance is what they expect, so they say there is nothing wrong.

Even Sony, after being pushed for an answser, after they logged into my tv, many phonecalls,

and even my emailing them several videos of my tv picture,

they said tv is working fine and

customer's expectations are too high for the content being viewed.

There are times, evenings?, where the judder and stutter are so bad on some channels that I do not want to watch what is coming over Comcast. See rtings.com and consumer reports, etc., for tv settings.

(also search rtings.com, consumer reports, other audio/video sources, the internet, etc. I'm not alone.)

Again, all just my opinion, but I think it will just be time until the cable companies and the tv manufacturers decide to give-in and match technowledges...

Regular Contributor

Edge enhancer,vert & horz sharpness, advanced resolution( i think, don't remember).I used xpert pix mode.In my opinion should keep the sony 2018 900f, no shadow detail or lip sync issues with better color resolution & upscale.I had a 2015 lg oled for 2 days & returned due to very poor video processing & got a sony 850c, got a 2016 lg oled the next year with much better video processing but poor shadow detail & lip sync.Next year bought a 2017 lg oled with better shadow detail but still lip sync problems but wanted a sony oled but didn't like the kick stand.Come 2018 & gave lg another chance since they boost A9 processor will match sony x1 extreme, not a chance returned the lg & got the new a8f sony with a much better pix other than that little glitch with 4k content, other than that anything in 1080p,720p, 1080i & 480 look great.Sony has shipped my replacement.Dont have any pix problems with my comcast connection.

New Poster

Re: X1 and new 4k box delivered -- picture is terrible

I have a Sony OLED tv and have enjoyed a beautiful picture from my 'legacy' Comcast cable box for quite some time now. Unfortunately the box recently and mysteriously decided not to function so I switched over to the 'X1' system. Sorry to say I find it to be quite inferior in every way. Picture quality is noticeably worse, as well as audio. Watching tv used to be a nice, relaxing experience at the end of the day. The X1 system makes even simple things like switching channels into a chore that takes upwards of 4 or 5 seconds to accomplish. No 'Favorite' button on the remote, and no compatibility with legacy remotes? And the power switch on the remote won't even turn off the box, I guess that's frowned upon. How very disappointing. TV watching is no longer fun or relaxing. I'm paying $140 per month for this and it is now an unpleasant experience. Maybe I'll just turn it off permanently.  

Regular Contributor

Assuming this is not a bogus post, 1st thing go to settings & start at the top & pick what preferences & video resolution best for you, favorites is their & everything you have posted.The x1 platform is way better than legacy & much more.Comcast labs is a good place to look for new stuff.By default set top boxes are not set up for best experience when new.

Regular Contributor

Update, figured out why the xg1v4 or any device with the HDMI set at 2160(4K) pix lost detail.The sony xtreme X1 processor up scales so well that any upscaled 4k source is in conflict with the sony chip set.Any remastered 4k content from any source has very little pix improvements vs 1080p content anyway thus best to keep the 4k g1 box or streaming device set at HDMI output to 1080p.Any mastered in 4k content will automatically will be viewed providing the settings are correct.The Xi5 ip box gives an excellent pix hooked to my 2018 sony oled.

New Poster

if it Makes you feel better I am living your life exactly, except with a Samsung x90, and x9.  

Expert

Year old post being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!