Community Forum

X1 and URC Codesets (MX-800)

Regular Visitor

X1 and URC Codesets (MX-800)

Hi - I found a relevant thread that is about 3 years old and I cannot reply to it so I've started a new one. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-and-URC-MX-800-Remote/td-p/1914587 Does anybody know the difference between URC Codeset 195 and URC Codeset 202 for controlling an Xfinity X1 box (i have the Pace PX001ANM) with a URC MX-800 remote? My understanding is that 195 is "IR only" and 202 is "RF". Well, my intended use is to control the X1 box (with the box in IR mode) from a different room of the house, using the MX-800. Does this mean I need to use codeset 202? The problem is, I do not have the live update version of the MX Editor software. I have gotten ahold of an .MXD file for Codeset 195. I am hoping that will work but I'm confused. Even though the MX-800 uses RF (via MRF Base station), the signals stored in the remote and accepted by the component are IR signals. Therefore I am not understanding what the difference is in the code sets. Bottom line, will 195 work for my situation (again, with the MX-800 in the basement and the X1 box in the family room, going through the MRF100 base station). I know there are some Gold Problem Solvers on this forum who have experience with the remote & codesets in question so I am hoping one of you knowledgeable folks will kindly provide some guidance. Thanks so much.
Expert

Re: X1 and URC Codesets (MX-800)

I've never heard any mention of a remote that will link via rf (zigbee) to a Comcast set top box. I presume the older non-X1 would be the lower code set and the later one would be for the later one. so many functions for X1 are moving to voice control (go forward 3 minutes, for example) that an IR only control would not be able to perform. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks I'm sorry if my OP wasn't clear. The remote will not operate the X1 box in RF mode. Instead the remote (in my basement) will communicate with an RF base station in my family room which in turn converts the signal back to IR and blasts it at all my home theater components including the X1 box. This setup works fine with all my other components.

The X1 box has both RF and IR capabilities. It can do both simultaneously so when I'm in the family room (most of the time) I'll use the xr11 voice remote. But when in the basement we'll use the mx-800. All the programming it stores are IR commands; it just uses RF as a means to go thru the walls.

Based on research I have done, including in this forum, I know that for URC remotes there are three "XMP" codesets that work with X1 boxes. 195 is "IR only", 202 is RF, and 203 is IP. My question was on 195 vs 202 - it's not clear to me if my mx-800 can use 195 or I must use 202. I only have access to the 195 code set hence my question.

The thread I linked to in my OP has more detail and RickGr seemed to have some knowledge on the difference so maybe he will see this post but if anybody knows the answer I'd appreciate the knowledge. Thanks.
Expert

the only non-X1 remote method that has ever been discussed is IR. can't help beyond that. if you can take the actual other-brand remote and operate it directly at the set top box then you know the issue is your extender. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.