Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 and Internet Intermittent issues

New Poster

X1 and Internet Intermittent issues

During the past month or so I have been having intermittent issues with internet connectivcity as well as TV giving RDK-03003/03004 codes. Sometimes everything will be fine for 24 hours then something can stop working for 2 hours and then start working on its own again. Just last night everything was working fine and this morning when I got up the TV was giving the 03003 code and the internet was down. I checked levels last week on the TV and the downstream was power was about -15 to -11 so I did some research and add a PPC Evo 1-5. Once I did that the downstream numbers showed within range however I'm still getting internmittent issues. Cable run goes from outside into the PPC splitter then from there to another spliter which goes to the X1 box and modem(MB8600).

Here are my current numbers from this morning:

Down Power: -4.6

DSNR: 40.8

UpPower: 24.2

Any advice is greatly appreicated. 

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: X1 and Internet Intermittent issues

@FRDRICE wrote:

During the past month or so I have been having intermittent issues with internet connectivcity as well as TV giving RDK-03003/03004 codes. Sometimes everything will be fine for 24 hours then something can stop working for 2 hours and then start working on its own again. Just last night everything was working fine and this morning when I got up the TV was giving the 03003 code and the internet was down. I checked levels last week on the TV and the downstream was power was about -15 to -11 so I did some research and add a PPC Evo 1-5. Once I did that the downstream numbers showed within range however I'm still getting internmittent issues. Cable run goes from outside into the PPC splitter then from there to another spliter which goes to the X1 box and modem(MB8600).

You need a tech ONSITE to make the necessary corrections to your cable installation/wiring.  

All Replies
Expert

@FRDRICE wrote:

You need a tech ONSITE to make the necessary corrections to your cable installation/wiring.  

New Poster

I had a feeling that would be needed however didn't want to take time off work if it was something I could fix.

Thanks!