Community Forum

X1 after nightly update Samsung Plasma TV only displays Blue Screen after 10-15 seconds of flashing

Regular Visitor

X1 after nightly update Samsung Plasma TV only displays Blue Screen after 10-15 seconds of flashing

Hello, Looking to get some help here. After one of the Nightly updates my Samsung TV will no longer display via HDMI from my X1 box.My Samsung Plasma TV only displays Blue Screen after 10-15 seconds of flashing.

Here is my equipment:

X1 Box : MOTO MX011ANM

TV: Samsung 50" Plasma HPS5053X

Here is what I have tried:

-Change HDMI Cables

-Try HDMI Port 2

-Factory Reset TV

-ReFresh and Reboot X1 Box

-I have tried "exit exit exit 720" to ensure that X1 box is feeding 720P signal

-X1 Box will send SD signal over COAX and composite cable outputs.

-Samsung BluRay player and WDTV Live Hub both work on HDMI1 and HDMI2 ports with no issues. Only X1 Box will not work on HDMI1 and HDMI2.

Thanks -Dave

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 after nightly update Samsung Plasma TV only displays Blue Screen after 10-15 seconds of flash

Sounds like the box is bad.
Expert

Re: X1 after nightly update Samsung Plasma TV only displays Blue Screen after 10-15 seconds of flash

DaveSP wrote:

Hello, Looking to get some help here. After one of the Nightly updates my Samsung TV will no longer display via HDMI from my X1 box.My Samsung Plasma TV only displays Blue Screen after 10-15 seconds of flashing.

Here is my equipment:

X1 Box : MOTO MX011ANM

TV: Samsung 50" Plasma HPS5053X

Here is what I have tried:

-Change HDMI Cables

-Try HDMI Port 2

-Factory Reset TV

-ReFresh and Reboot X1 Box

-I have tried "exit exit exit 720" to ensure that X1 box is feeding 720P signal

-X1 Box will send SD signal over COAX and composite cable outputs.

-Samsung BluRay player and WDTV Live Hub both work on HDMI1 and HDMI2 ports with no issues. Only X1 Box will not work on HDMI1 and HDMI2.

Thanks -Dave

did you mean to mark your issue resolved/fixed? do you have another X1 set top box that you could temporarily relocate to that TV to see if a different set top box would work? if it is a companion, the DVR would need to be on an outlet and fully booted.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem.  So yesterday I got a new box, and it is even worse.

With the first box, it would eventually show picture after turning box on/off a few times, and would always work if I power cycled by unplugging.

With this new box it only shows blue or black screen, and doesn't even work with a power cycle.

Expert

Xfini wrote:

I have the same problem.  So yesterday I got a new box, and it is even worse.

With the first box, it would eventually show picture after turning box on/off a few times, and would always work if I power cycled by unplugging.

With this new box it only shows blue or black screen, and doesn't even work with a power cycle.

find the TV's remote and select input and find the HDMI# that connects to your X1. select it. is your X1 back on the screen?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!