Community Forum

X1 - Why can't you record a series on repeats instead of new and repeat? It changes the time.

New Poster

X1 - Why can't you record a series on repeats instead of new and repeat? It changes the time.

New to the x1 service for just about 2 days.  We have been trying to set certain series to record in the middle of the night so that we can watch them on the weekends as during the week we watch other things during prime time.   It's impossible and ridiculous.  I can only select to record "this episode only" in the middle of the night. If I select the series and select "new only" or "new and repeats" it sets the recording for prime time. And we'll run into conflicts. as we have more than one person watching tv during prime time and can't set all our recordings to prime time.   Why on earth can you not set a series recording on repeats only?

Expert

Re: X1 - Why can't you record a series on repeats instead of new and repeat? It changes the time.

@tyershooz wrote:

New to the x1 service for just about 2 days.  We have been trying to set certain series to record in the middle of the night so that we can watch them on the weekends as during the week we watch other things during prime time.   It's impossible and ridiculous.  I can only select to record "this episode only" in the middle of the night. If I select the series and select "new only" or "new and repeats" it sets the recording for prime time. And we'll run into conflicts. as we have more than one person watching tv during prime time and can't set all our recordings to prime time.   Why on earth can you not set a series recording on repeats only?

x1 DVRs have 6 tuners. what equipment is installed (set top boxes) in your home. you may have an opportunity to not change price but fix lack of tuners.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - Why can't you record a series on repeats instead of new and repeat? It changes the time.

Probably because even if you could select "repeats only," it probably wouldn't do what you wanted it to do. The system would find the repeat, but notice that the particular episode is airing in an earlier time slot and record it at that time. If the show that you want is always on at the same time of night, you may have to set up a manual recording.

The only service I have seen that can do anything near what you are suggesting is U-Verse, and even then, it was along the lines of, "Record this show whenever it is on at (for example) 1 AM."

New Poster

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

Probably because even if you could select "repeats only," it probably wouldn't do what you wanted it to do. The system would find the repeat, but notice that the particular episode is airing in an earlier time slot and record it at that time. If the show that you want is always on at the same time of night, you may have to set up a manual recording.

The only service I have seen that can do anything near what you are suggesting is U-Verse, and even then, it was along the lines of, "Record this show whenever it is on at (for example) 1 AM."

Thank you.  We had Uverse before xfinity and were used do doing things that way.  It made sense.  I could set a series recording for 2 AM  for example, and not interfere with what we watch or record during waking hours.  Appreciate the reply.

New Poster

We have the black box with the blue light at the corner.  Two like that, one is bigger than the other.  I assume that means that we can record/watch up to 6 shows at the same time.  Thank you for your reply.