Community Forum

X1 Volume suddenly way low

New Poster

X1 Volume suddenly way low

I have seen many posts about the volumne on X1 suddenly being very low. We have to turn it up about 2-3 times as high as we used to to be able to hear it at a normal volumne. Can anything be done to fix this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low


@ac765816 wrote:

I have seen many posts about the volumne on X1 suddenly being very low. We have to turn it up about 2-3 times as high as we used to to be able to hear it at a normal volumne. Can anything be done to fix this?


Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low

It is Motorola MX011ANM.  Its not listed on the link you left so I am not sure if that helps.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low


@ac765816 wrote:

It is Motorola MX011ANM.  Its not listed on the link you left so I am not sure if that helps.


I googled and didn't find anything to help (Why would anyone buy an X1 box on ebay when they come with the X1 service?)

 

Is it possible for you to take yours to your nearest Xfinity Store and get a free swap?  You can keep everything else, but be sure to use the new power supply; they are subject to failure.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low

This was not from EBay this was the box that was given to use by Comcast. The nearest service center is 45 minutes away from me. Thats why I was hoping someone on here had an idea to fix it. As well I have seen many who have said that exchanging the box itself did nothing to fix the sound issue. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low


@ac765816 wrote:

This was not from EBay this was the box that was given to use by Comcast. The nearest service center is 45 minutes away from me. Thats why I was hoping someone on here had an idea to fix it. As well I have seen many who have said that exchanging the box itself did nothing to fix the sound issue. 


(My apolgies; I wasn't referring to you; I was just commenting on finding X1 boxes on ebay.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low

Just today as August 7, 2019; only this channel AHC (San Mateo County, South San Francisco) is very very way low.  Please fix it.  Thank you so much.

Official Employee

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low

LauraUrrutia779, thanks for letting us know about those volume issues. There could be an issue with the frequency that channel is on, so let's explore that. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Volume suddenly way low

adding.... sound level if normal on other channels is probably the channel transmission itself. call the station and ask the engineer to check the audio level. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!