Community Forum

X1 Voice Remote - Voice part doesn't work well

New Poster

Re: X1 Voice Not working, Screen doesnt show "listening"

Just got mine today worked for like an hour and mines down to
New Poster

This same exact thing just happened to me we just got this thing on Saturday and now two days later it's not working ... I hope they fix it fast
New Poster

Just got my remotes today, at first the tv showed "listening" but nothing would happen. Now "listening" doesn't even appear.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem with mine.  I don't know for sure but after seeing that you are having the same problem I'm wondering if its not an xfinity problem.  Hopefully later or tomorrow it will work.  I know I'm  not much help but at least I know I'm not the only one having this issue.

New Poster

X1 Voice command remote not working

I have the new voice command remote on all three TV's in my home. Today the voice command feature on all three TV's stopped working. When I hold down the button and talk into the remote I dont even get the mic on the screen showing up and nothing happens. I have tried to re-pair the remotes with the tv and still not working. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Regular Visitor

Me too. It appears to be a Comcast problem.

Frequent Visitor

I've had mine a couple months now, but this is the first time I've had a problem...exactly as the original poster described it. Doesn't even say "Listening" anymore. Smiley Sad  Nobody's found anything out yet?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Voice command remote not working

Comcast issue - they will have to fix it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Oh wow, so its a comcast issue. ahaha Im actually thankful to say that its hopefully not my devices and equipment. Thankyou all for the replies this helped me feel a little better about the problem, I was thinking I was the only one, strength in number right!, lets hope it gets fixed soon, its a great feature.

New Poster

Same with mine. Worked yesterday now a brick

New Poster

Voice remote not working

I just set up my new Xfinity voice remote.  The buttons work but it does not take my voice commands???

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Voice remote not working

If you bothered to look through the most recent topics, you'd see that there are plenty of people also reporting the same issue.

New Poster

X11 Remote Voice Control not working at all

i used to press the mic it would work now i press it nothing

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X11 Remote Voice Control not working at all

Yes there are plenty of other topics on this already....please read topics before jumping to the new topic button...

Gold Problem Solver

Looks like the voice command server is down again. It happened once before.

pauly, I am curious... did you have to happen to look at this forum before you posted this? Did you happen to notice how many other people have already commented on this is the past couple hours?

pauly18 wrote:

i used to press the mic it would work now i press it nothing

Contributor

Interesting, just happened to us today - the voice remote stopped working.  Reset the remote and the X1 box, put new batteries in the remote.  Only works about 10% of the time and when it does it is very, very slow.  Didn't know there was a "server".  Would be nice if Xfinity put out some notifcation there si a problem on their end so we wouldn't have to waste time doing PD.

As for other forums, I googled "Xfinity X1 Voice Remote not working" and not only didn't I come up with a lot of hits, none of them addressed a solution or that the problem could be on Xfinity's end.

Got this X1 box a month ago and looks like the customers are debugging it.

Retired Techie.

Expert

same here remote voice not working. the smartphone app X1 Remote voice does work normally and very fast. words appear on screen.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Voice Remote not working, "Listening" mic not shown on screen

there was a wide spread voice control issue yesterday.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks John but that doesnt answer my question

New Poster

Re: X1 Voice Remote - Voice part doesn't work well

I'm having the same issue. My  voice remote works maybe one out of twenty times. I've rebooted and reprogrammed the remote more than ten times. It's really getting annoying.

@John3758 wrote:

New Poster

Voice command stopped working

my voice command stopped working on my xfinity

New Poster

Voice control remote not working.

I've program the remote several times and it still doesn't work. It says Press and hold microphone button and speak but when I do so, nothing happens. Do I have a bad remote or what? Also, it worked for a few minutes when I first hooked it up. Now it's hit or miss.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Voice command stopped working

There appears to be another voice command outage.

@rmjake wrote:

my voice command stopped working on my xfinity

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Voice control remote not working.

There appears to be another voice command outage.

@edubbya11 wrote:

I've program the remote several times and it still doesn't work. It says Press and hold microphone button and speak but when I do so, nothing happens. Do I have a bad remote or what? Also, it worked for a few minutes when I first hooked it up. Now it's hit or miss.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I tried the various suggestions, and it worked once or twice aftering rebooting and pairing the remote and box. But, the voice commands part of the remote always stops working. Does Xfinity have a solution to this annoying problem? Thanks.

Regular Contributor

X1 needs an outage dashboard for key features. It would save time, and "gigabytes" of storage dedicated to duplicate forum posts!
New Poster

Xfinity Voice Remote

We had our Xfinity cable/internet installed a few weeks ago. We received the new Xfinity voice-control remote. So far, it has worked great - we hold down the "microphone" button, speak the command (i.e., "ESPN"), release the microphone button, and it takes us where we want to go. We haven't had any issues.

Until now! Now, we hold down the microphone button, we speak, but nothing shows up on the screen, nor does it direct us where we want to go. The microphone button makes the little sound when we push it, so I don't think it's a battery issue, but we don't know what to do.

Help please!

Gold Problem Solver

Just like yesterday, there appears to be another voice command outage.

@phaedrus692 wrote:

I am having the same problem. I tried the various suggestions, and it worked once or twice aftering rebooting and pairing the remote and box. But, the voice commands part of the remote always stops working. Does Xfinity have a solution to this annoying problem? Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Voice command stopped working

Ours starting acting up yesterday as well.  Worked with a chat support agent for a while, and in the end she set up an appointment for a tech to come out......which makes no sense to me if this is system wide.  

New Poster

8/11/2015

Guess I'm also in the same boat mates.

Been having the same issues for 2 days now. Did everything typed on this thread and to no avail.  This is really frustrating.  Though I've grown accustomed to the traditional button in the channels. It is nice to just say "DR.WHO" and immediately the show comes up. Wish COMCAST would do an UPDATE for these mishaps.  We are paying a premium for the privilege so to speak. 

Silver Problem Solver

@mellymel1982 wrote:

I just set up my new Xfinity voice remote.  The buttons work but it does not take my voice commands???

The voice command server is down.  Your voice commands will start working when Comcast fixes the isssue.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Voice Remote

How many needless new threads will get started today???

@asorge3 wrote:

We had our Xfinity cable/internet installed a few weeks ago. We received the new Xfinity voice-control remote. So far, it has worked great - we hold down the "microphone" button, speak the command (i.e., "ESPN"), release the microphone button, and it takes us where we want to go. We haven't had any issues.

Until now! Now, we hold down the microphone button, we speak, but nothing shows up on the screen, nor does it direct us where we want to go. The microphone button makes the little sound when we push it, so I don't think it's a battery issue, but we don't know what to do.

Help please!

New Poster

I'm currently experiencing the same issue. No 'listening' indication on screen. I hold the mic button down, and speak as we have been for a few weeks now, and the light pulses blue and then turns red. Nothing ever happens.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here and I am NOT happy!  I just got the X1 system today and activated it this afternoon.  Everything worked great for a few hours, now absolutely NO voice command functions work!  I was going to impress my dinner company tonight with all the wonderful things this remote could do and instead I just looked foolish!  Seriously, is there any way to fix this?????????????????????????????????????

Frequent Visitor

Apparently there is a widespread voice outage today, too!  Same problem as above: All settings are correct, remote is paired with receiver and absolutely no voice command is working!  I just set up my X1 system today and the remote worked fine for about an hour and now it has no voice function at all!  NOT happy!!!!

New Poster

X1 voice command not working

Got the x1 Xfinity system today and the voice control is not working. It works for the technician and my wife but when I arrived home and no longer works. I reset and paired remote with device and TV and still to no avail. I am looking forward to a quick resolve the situation. It appears by the forums that this is a widespread problem today please help.
New Poster

Re: I have a new voice remote not taking voice commands

down in maryland

New Poster

Sure would be nice if the screen would say "SORRY, SERVER IS DOWN" instead of us having to Re-Boot, Re-Pair, change batteries, and then finally find this in a forum....goodness gracious...

New Poster

Been down for a few days, wish they would have bugs worked out before they release to general public!
New Poster

I am having the same issue. What part of the country are you from? im in Pa.

Frequent Visitor

Tried all of the suggestions but voice command no longer works for me.

Frequent Visitor

Approved solution does not work for me. problem is 2 days old for me.

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Voice Remote

Apparently hundreds. The moderator needs to start deleting duplicates. Maybe folks will get the message
Silver Problem Solver

@RickGr4 wrote:

Yep. Smiley Sad

New Poster

So, does that affect everyone?

New Poster

My voice commands stopped working and I live in Wash St.

@hackinit wrote:

I am having the same issue. What part of the country are you from? im in Pa.

Contributor

Voice Remote Function Gone

Just hit the microphone button on my voice remote twice in sucessation by mistake.  Now the "Listening" display doesn't show on the TV and the box does not respond to my voice commands. What the heck!

The remote still controls the devices but no voice control.

If I hit the mic button twice again I get the band on the TV that instructs me to hold the mic button while speaking.

New Poster

My voice remote suddenly will not take voice commands all of the sudden. Anyone else having this problem?
New Poster

I did a factory reset to the remote and paired it again and still nothing. It lights blue when I press button and hold to talk then when I finish speaking it does nothing then a red light blinks
New Poster

Re: X1 voice command not working

We are having the same issue today as well.  The voice command had been working perfectly until now.  We are new to xfinity as well and so far there has been one problem after another in the past couple of weeks.  I hope the technicians are looking into this.