Community Forum

X1 Voice Remote - Voice part doesn't work well

Gold Problem Solver

Re: I have a new voice remote not taking voice commands

There is an voice command outage just like yesterday. Did you happen to notice all the other threads currently running in this topic???

@Fpjr wrote:
I did a factory reset to the remote and paired it again and still nothing. It lights blue when I press button and hold to talk then when I finish speaking it does nothing then a red light blinks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 voice command not working

There is an voice command outage just like yesterday. Did you happen to notice all the other threads currently running in this topic???

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Voice Remote Function Gone

New Poster

Yes but the dates were from May/June next to them so I was under impression they were old. New to this forum stuff.
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here... no voice remote. Elgin, IL.  

New Poster

Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated.
New Poster

Re: Voice Remote Function Gone

I just spent an hour on the phone with xfinity tech support about this issue. He even scheduled a technician to come out to see if there is something wrong with the equipment. Sheesh. The techs should know if there's an outage.

Frequent Visitor

XR11 Remote Voice Command Service Outage?

The voice command feature on my XR11 remote is no longer working. It's been mentioned in other posts that this may be due to a service outage but I can't find that information officially posted anywhere.

Can anyone officially confirm the service is experiencing an outage?

For future reference, where are the system outage alerts posted?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Remote Voice Command Service Outage?

If you click on My Account at the top of the page, you can check for outages, but AFAIK, that just shows full service outages.

Usually if there's lots of people posting about the same thing at the same time it's an outage, not really sure why that's confusing and in need of yet another topic on the same thing.

New Poster

Re: XR11 Remote Voice Command Service Outage?

That's weird. Just noticed this happening too and saw you posted about it 10 minutes ago. I'd like to get an update as well.

New Poster

XR11 remote lost voice

Does anyone know what to do when your XR11 remote loses its voice recognition? Please help. Thank you

New Poster

Re: XR11 remote lost voice

Hi, 

It's not just you. It's a wide-spread voice control outage. Evidently this happened yesterday too. Guess we just have to wait for comcast to fix it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Voice Not working, Screen doesnt show "listening"

Same issue here in SouthWest Florida. Voice control stopped working. It s NOT the remote. Tried a second remote with exact same result. Am guessing it's a software issue that came with new update. We shall see!

Frequent Visitor

Re: X11 Remote Voice Control not working at all

No voice command on either X11 remote or iPhone app.

New Poster

Amazing!!  I spent about 15 minutes waiting and 10 minutes with support and she NEVER mentioned THEY were the problem not my remote! A tech is scheduled to call me tomorrow, wonder what they will say?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X11 Remote Voice Control not working at all

Comcast has said here that there is an outage in the voice service.  It happened a day or two ago and came back, so just wait.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast said it was an issue on their end.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

+1 voice commands not working and pressing voice command button does nothing.

Who is performing quality control on these updates?
New Poster

Mine is out too. Repaired several times. I really like the X1 platform but it still suffers from many glitches
New Poster

Meant re-paired :-)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Voice command remote not working

Comcast said they were aware of the issue.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Voice control remote not working.

@edubbya11 wrote:

So, does that affect everyone?

We have no way to know because Comcast hasn't said who is affected.

New Poster

I spent an HOUR on the phone with a tech. He actually scheduled someone to come to my house on Sunday! Obviously even the techs don't know it's a comcast issue. 

Silver Problem Solver

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:
+1 voice commands not working and pressing voice command button does nothing.

Who is performing quality control on these updates?

It could also be an issue with a server being down.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast is aware of the issue.  My guess is there is a Comcast server down somewhere.

New Poster

We've had ours for weeks, same thing as the first person. I have done the factory reset, unpaired, repaired...same thing.  Guess we will wait on Comcast

New Poster

X1 voice not working. What is the solution?

New Poster

My XR11 remote voice commands stopped working. I speak it turns blue then a second later it flashes red... help

Contributor

Re: X1 Voice Remote - Voice part doesn't work well

I installed X1 today and Voice Commands won't work here either. Remote setup for voice pairing went like it should but it won't work. Push the voice button and Blue light comes on and remote beeps but X1 will not respond to commands at all.

New Poster

Also no voice remote here in California.. on the xr11 or on the X1 Remote app, but everything else seems to be functioning. Cat Frustrated

New Poster

Not to sound entitled or anything... but I legitimately have no idea what my channel numbers are anymore so outages like these are REALLY frustrating.  Get on it, Xfinicast

Oh well, guess I'll go enjoy my super fast internet instead ^.^

Silver Problem Solver

I hardly ever use my voice control, so I didn't even know there was a Comcast outage.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast modeerators acknowledged there is/was an outage of voice control

Silver Problem Solver

@jbjphillipowens wrote:

Wait for Comcast to repair it.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@RobertWy wrote:

@jbjphillipowens wrote:

Wait for Comcast to repair it.

Hi everyone,

We have indeed had another Voice remote/Voice guidance issue last night. From what I understand, the issue should be resolved as of this morning. Please let me know of any furthe problems.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

I can confirm it's fixed here.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Problem fixed here also. Sorry that I wasted an hour last night with Comcast tech rep who did not know that server was down and concluded that my X11 remote needed to be replaced.

Frequent Visitor

Mine's still not working.  Anything I should do to make it work again...re-pair, reset, reboot???? Thank you! 

Never mind.  I just tried the voice function and, after holding in the button for about 15 seconds and getting several voice pop-ups on the screen, it started working agian.  I hope it continues to work! Thank you, everyone. ☺

Official Employee

@gathome wrote:

Mine's still not working.  Anything I should do to make it work again...re-pair, reset, reboot???? Thank you!

I would try just rebooting the box for now, or I can do that for you remotely. Let me know if that works.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  It seems to be working now.  ☺

Contributor

Re: X1 voice command not working

RickGr4, sure after I posted.  There should be a way that Comcast lets us know they have a problem before people start resetting their remote and re-pairing with their box and putting new batteries in and rebooting their device etc, etc, etc.

Their own techs don't even know what is going on.  Geeze.

Gold Problem Solver

The number and amount of duplicate and repeat threads and posts was RIDICULOUS. It dilutes and degrades the entire forum. I actively participate in three other forums. What happened here in this forum over the past couple days would not be tolerated elsewhere.

Yes Comcast should have a way of being more proactive. But they don't just like many other large companies. In my mind that does not excuse the extreme lack of forum etiquette demonstrated in this particular forum over the past couple days.

RickGr4, sure after I posted.  There should be a way that Comcast lets us know they have a problem before people start resetting their remote and re-pairing with their box and putting new batteries in and rebooting their device etc, etc, etc.

Their own techs don't even know what is going on.  Geeze.

Frequent Visitor

Worked well for a little while today and now working when it feels like it, I guess??? Getting delays in listening notice, getting "I didn't get that" about 15 seconds after I say something and also getting "listening" on the screen when I'm not pushing the button.  Any ideas to fix?  Thanks!!! 

Regular Visitor

voice remote

Has anyone received the new voice remote?

Regular Contributor

And it's broken again. Not working here after a reboot.

I've got somethings not quite right voice commands unavailable a few times.

New Poster

Not working here either guess it is a system issue.

New Poster

Re: voice remote

Yes I have it but it's not working.

Frequent Visitor

It worked this AM but not this PM. Guess the Comcast server is down again.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast is working on the issue. No ETA.

Regular Contributor

If you had scanned this forum, you could have answered your own question.

@senlarrs wrote:

Has anyone received the new voice remote?