Community Forum

X1 UI question

New Poster

X1 UI question

Hello! I have a question about the X1 UI. I'm switching over to Xfinity (Dish guy with Hopper) and Ive been watching the videos online of the system. I haven't use the system personally (still in transit). I noticed that when you fast forward and then hit play there is a large icon in the center of the screen that fades. Same thing for when you use the jump button. I watch a ton of College Football and I use the 30 second jump button to move from play to play. It allows me to watch more games. My hopper had an icon in the top right that wasn't distracting. Is there anyway that I'll be able to turn off the UI icons that fade in the center of the screen or move them to another area of the screen? Thanks!
Official Employee

Re: X1 UI question

Sorry there isn’t an option for either
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the quick response. If you could poke the DEV team and put in a feature request them to make it a settings switch in some future update that would be great. There are some power users who use those types of features for sports. The typical user might not care. Those fading icons were the main reason I didn't go to youtubeTV for sports. Thanks!
Expert

@matthew1982 wrote:
Hello! I have a question about the X1 UI. I'm switching over to Xfinity (Dish guy with Hopper) and Ive been watching the videos online of the system. I haven't use the system personally (still in transit). I noticed that when you fast forward and then hit play there is a large icon in the center of the screen that fades. Same thing for when you use the jump button. I watch a ton of College Football and I use the 30 second jump button to move from play to play. It allows me to watch more games. My hopper had an icon in the top right that wasn't distracting. Is there anyway that I'll be able to turn off the UI icons that fade in the center of the screen or move them to another area of the screen? Thanks!

press the up button to quickly dismiss the screen icon

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!