Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Expert

Re: RDK-03032 Error Every Night

@Mattrparisi wrote:
For the last two weeks, my box has been restarting on its own, or the picture freezes up. My internet will randomly go offline as well. In some cases when I hit guide on the remote, I'll get a RDK-03032 error. I'll reset the box, it will work for a bit, and then go back down. Any idea on how I can fix this? Been in the same house for a year, and outside of the occasional outages, nothing like this has happened.

Thanks!!

the same code would appear if you completely disconnected the cable at the box where it comes into your home. Are you in an apartment/condo by chance?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Apartment, and have been at the same one for a year this month. Never had this issue, until recently. Difficult to work with Comcast over the phone as it seems it starts working when I finally get connected to someone. They want to send a tech out, but want to charge me $39 to do so. I'm hoping there's something I can do before someone has to come out here.
Gold Problem Solver

Because both your cable and Internet are going out, that means there is a problem with your global connection to the Comcast network. It could be within your house but it might not be.

I think you really need the tech visit. Depending upon where the problem is found to be, they may or may not charge you.
Official Employee

@Mattrparisi wrote:
For the last two weeks, my box has been restarting on its own, or the picture freezes up. My internet will randomly go offline as well. In some cases when I hit guide on the remote, I'll get a RDK-03032 error. I'll reset the box, it will work for a bit, and then go back down. Any idea on how I can fix this? Been in the same house for a year, and outside of the occasional outages, nothing like this has happened.

Thanks!!

Signal levels to both your modem and your X1 box are way out of spec, and would be behind the issues you're having. If you get the Service Protection Plan and keep it for 60 days, you won't be charged for a service call if it's an interior cable issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

X1 network channels Pixelated

I live in a small condo building and this pixelation issue has been going on intermittently since April. There are about 10 other units experiencing the same problem. It also impacts the internet speed and causes dropped calls. Comcast has been out here on a weekly basis and says everything is fine. Last week a guy came out and said everything looked fine when my neighbors Internet was completely down. Such a joke!!! How does one get someone high up in a management position to oversee that this gets fixed properly? The president of our condo association is amazing but he can only take so much of random red shirts showing up at all hours unannounced with no appointments. 

No one wants to pay for service that doesn't work, especially when it's clear that the problem is on their end. There's jitter on the lines and the RF signals are low. Any suggestions before our building switches cable providers? 

Regular Visitor

What's weird is it typically happens at night.  I work from home during the day, and haven't had any issues with the internet going out.  However, when trying to use the internet or watch tv at night, that's when I start experiencing problems.  I just checked my signal strength using the diagnostics for both the cable box, and the modem, and all seem to be in a good spot.  What I'm worried about is scheduling an appointment for a tech to come out; the signal shows good strength, tech leaves, and issue starts happening again.  However, doesn't look like I have a choice.

X1 Box

Downstream Power: -8.9

Downstream SNR: 37.1

Upstream Power: 54.0

Modem

Downstream Power: -7

Downstream SNR: 36

Upstream Power: 54

Gold Problem Solver

Actually those numbers are pretty poor especially the upstream.

You need the tech visit...
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 network channels Pixelated

Changing providers may not be a solution. Any incoming provider will run into the same problems. They will be dealing with the same wires unless someone changes them.

At this point it sure sounds like the president of your condo association could be the roadblock. You need to apply more pressure there.

X1 service is extremely signal sensitive. However this is probably a sign of things to come. Property manager/owners better get ready for this. If X1 doesn't work in your building this may only get worse.

@sperling3920 wrote:

I live in a small condo building and this pixelation issue has been going on intermittently since April. There are about 10 other units experiencing the same problem. It also impacts the internet speed and causes dropped calls. Comcast has been out here on a weekly basis and says everything is fine. Last week a guy came out and said everything looked fine when my neighbors Internet was completely down. Such a joke!!! How does one get someone high up in a management position to oversee that this gets fixed properly? The president of our condo association is amazing but he can only take so much of random red shirts showing up at all hours unannounced with no appointments. 

No one wants to pay for service that doesn't work, especially when it's clear that the problem is on their end. There's jitter on the lines and the RF signals are low. Any suggestions before our building switches cable providers? 

Regular Contributor

The people who have ATT in my bldg have flawless service. It's not the wiring in our bldg. The president of our association lives next door to me and is a close friend. We both have been working to get results. Unfortunately, the problem is on Comcasts' end, not ours. Other people in the area have the same issue but Comcast won't do anything until enough people call in re the same problem. Only then will they flag it as an area wide problem. 

I have the number to top tier tech but calling that number continues the hamster wheel. They have done audits, sent supervisors out, line people etc. I think there's a much bigger issue than Comcast doesn't want to deal with....regardless, I need to find someone who can take over this and be in charge of sending out the correct people to get the job done. Too many days/hours have been spent on dealing with Comcast. 

Silver Problem Solver

The wiring for ATT is not the same that X1 requires.  You are probably affected by a poor wiring installation.

The coax to my home was affected by squirrels dining on the insulation.  Comcast replaced the coax.

It is more difficult to troubleshoot wiring issues in an apartment complex.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Comcast needs to determine that and thus far hasn't been able to do so. It's very frustrating! They all drop the ball and pass it on to someone else.
Silver Problem Solver

@sperling3920 wrote:
Comcast needs to determine that and thus far hasn't been able to do so. It's very frustrating! They all drop the ball and pass it on to someone else.

It seems different Comcast markets have different levels of service.  I am in the Houston market and there is a pretty large Comcast presence here.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Chicago is a huge market! If you live in the burbs, your service will be terrific. The city is a  different story. My family has great service in addition to techs that are knowledgeable in the suburbs. 
New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I have had the same issues since switching my service to Comcast. Everything worked fine the first couple of months and now over the past two weeks I have had nothing but issues. I am constantly receiving error messages. My service will work for a couple of hours and then I am back to error messages. I have tried all the troubleshooting they provide and it NEVER works. Not one time has doing what they suggest worked. It will just randomly start working again on its own. Then it's out again. I am extremely frustrated to say the least. I know when it is going to mess up because the first sign is my X1 remote messing up. Either the voice activation quits working OR if I click (pause, ff, play) or anything it doesn't work. My picture eventually freezes and then it all goes out. As of now I have been out for 12 hours. No help on the horizon. Calling gets me no where, to have someone come out will take DAYS and I run the risk of being charged a fee for them coming to fix their own mess up. I am extremely upset that I am trapped in a conctract with this company because were it not for that I would drop them and go back to Direct TV which I NEVER had these types of issues with. They lured the family with their new service and now I realize the mistake that was made. If anyone has any real suggestions that might fix these problems (i.e., error message RKD-03003 or RDK-03036) please let me know. All wires have been checked and my service was installed mere months ago so all is new and all hookups are tight and secure. Thank you!

Admin1

Mattrparisi -- Following up on your tech visit. Was the tech able to assist with your issue? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Hello Jinx83,

I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues - Bogus X1 again !

Well, I wondered how long it would be before X1 did something that would cause me to post on this forum again and sure enough, it did.

I just lost about 5 recording from my DVR that I didn't delete, including a rare Bonanza episode "Hoss and the Leprechauns" that I have saved for almost 2 years. Four letter explicatives hardly serve to express the the irritation I feel about this untrustworthy X1 system. I don't expect a recording to disappear unless I delete it myself.  This is the second time something like this has happened. Recordings just gone the next day for no reason.

Grrrrrr !

Regular Contributor

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Well, I wondered how long it would be before X1 did something that would cause me to post on this forum again and sure enough, it did.

I just lost about 5 recording from my DVR that I didn't delete, including a rare Bonanza episode "Hoss and the Leprechauns" that I have saved for almost 2 years. Four letter explicatives hardly serve to express the the irritation I feel about this untrustworthy X1 system. I don't expect a recording to disappear unless I delete it myself.  This is the second time something like this has happened. Recordings just gone the next day for no reason.

Grrrrrr !

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you posted the exact opposite referring to the same "rare" episode that you were trying to delete? http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2614191/highlight/true#M84776

Regular Contributor

Hello BeowolfJones,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have provided steps to recover deleted recordings from your X1 DVR.

1. Press the xfinity button on the remote control.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Saved
  3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Recordings then arrow down to Recently Deleted.
  4. Use the arrow buttons to select the deleted program to recover and press OK
  5. Select Recover and press OK to restore the program. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

Regular Contributor

Hello Wolverine062,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have provided steps to recover deleted recordings from your X1 DVR.

3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Recordings then arrow down to Recently Deleted.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKimberly wrote:

Hello Wolverine062,

The recordings were NOT LISTED in deleted recordings so your instructions are not usable and I know how to do this already.

To restate, the recordings that disappeared were NOT DELETED by me at any time. They just disappeared  from the current recordings list.

This morning all the deleted recordings were restored, how I don't know as I had no intervention in their return.  This smacks of someone on the Comcast end doing the restore and for that I am grateful but it is still very strange that they disappeared in the first place. Was this some cloud issue ? A fumblefinger by some tech ? (accessing the wrong account).

In another vein:

I have noticed that some recordings I DID DELETE but didn't fall off the current recordings list, appeared in deleted recordings and if I permanently deleted them they disappeared from the current recordings list as well. Close, but still no cigar on the Ghost delete recording problem which is a separate issue from the above problem.

Anyway, I'm glad the recordings are back but would really like to know how this can happen in the first place. Now I am not as unhappy a a donut in a cop factory.

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@ComcastKimberly wrote:

Hello Wolverine062,

The recordings were NOT LISTED in deleted recordings so your instructions are not usable and I know how to do this already.

To restate, the recordings that disappeared were NOT DELETED by me at any time. They just disappeared  from the current recordings list.

This morning all the deleted recordings were restored, how I don't know as I had no intervention in their return.  This smacks of someone on the Comcast end doing the restore and for that I am grateful but it is still very strange that they disappeared in the first place. Was this some cloud issue ? A fumblefinger by some tech ? (accessing the wrong account).

In another vein:

I have noticed that some recordings I DID DELETE but didn't fall off the current recordings list, appeared in deleted recordings and if I permanently deleted them they disappeared from the current recordings list as well. Close, but still no cigar on the Ghost delete recording problem which is a separate issue from the above problem.

Anyway, I'm glad the recordings are back but would really like to know how this can happen in the first place. Now I am not as unhappy a a donut in a cop factory.

I confirm that the ghosted listing (dvr service is not available) is still happening that started in November 2015.

2.4p6s2 7/1/16 / 1.65.11 07/15 fond 7/20/16

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee
Official Employee
Contributor

@Wolverine062 wrote:

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you posted the exact opposite referring to the same "rare" episode that you were trying to delete? http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2614191/highlight/true#M84776

Nice catch, Wolverine!! You definitely have the reading comprehension and retention part down a heck of a lot better than ComcastKimberly. Smiley Wink

Most Valued Poster

Re: MLB Extra Innings HD Channel(s) help...

Thank you to whoever actually FINALLY passed my issue along to InDemand who tripped the channel back for me. Its finally fixed after 4 months of tech visits, box swaps, chats, and l phone calls.
Most Valued Poster

Thank you !!
Admin1

adammusic22 -- I spoke with iNDemand who looked into this issue. They said the issue was that channel was stuck in blackout at the headend. They get that changed which would correct your issue. Can you see if that channel is working now? 

Most Valued Poster

Yes i spoke with InDemand today. She fixed it. Finally ! So happy. Thank you so much !

Admin1

sperling3920 -- Apologies for the continual service issues. I've alerted your local Tech Ops leadership to this. They will work to dispatch the right tech to see what we need to do to get this resolved. 

Most Valued Poster

ComcastZach,

We have terrible pixelation and sound/picture cutting in and out. Not too often but when it happens its really bad and we can't even follow a story line or the news or a talk show....live or recorded.  I want to call for a tech to come out but the problem will never rear its ugly head while a tech is in the house...I can guarantee it. What does a tech do to diagnose this problem?

Me and my big mouth....its doing it while I type this

Thanks

Problem Solver

Hi TerriB,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing with the service. The pixelation and service cutting in and out is a indication of weak signal or no signal. May I ask if you checked all the cable connections in the home and made sure all are tight? The technician will run diagnostics to determine the cause of the issue and fix the issue. 

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastElena wrote:

Hi TerriB,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing with the service. The pixelation and service cutting in and out is a indication of weak signal or no signal. May I ask if you checked all the cable connections in the home and made sure all are tight? The technician will run diagnostics to determine the cause of the issue and fix the issue. 

Yes all the connections are fine. Have had Comcast for a very very long time and X1 since 2014. This pixelation started about a year ago and comes and goes. I guess its time to call for a tech to come out....thanks!

Problem Solver

TerriB,

I have sent you a Private Message to further assist you.

Admin1

Following up on this. Was the tech able to help with your issue? 

Most Valued Poster

My Orioles games still pixelate every game. Multiple techs have been here. Signals are perfect. Could it be a MASN + Comcast backend issue?
Problem Solver

Hi adammusic22,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing. May I ask if you experience pixelation on Orioles games only or on multiple shows and channels? 

Most Valued Poster

All Standard Definition games via MLB Extra Innings channels.

The two HD channels are good. But we mainly watch Orioles games. They arent always MASN though. But like 95% of games we watch scramble.
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

Try unplugging set box power cord and coax cable for 30 seconds them plug them both back in and box might reset.
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

In my case that would not have fixed the problem. I don't know if you are from Comcast or not but that was not how my issue was fixed nor was it the cause of the problem. Thanks anyway
Expert

anyone with issues on this thread tried streaming or playback with app/web site of the cloud DVR copy of a recording? is the streaming version also bad?

New Poster

Some HD channels not working

I have the HD digital economy in US area code xxxxx. I have been tinkering with this for months now. Have made many calls and had a tech come to repair my signal but I am still unable to recieve Comedy Central, AMC and one or two others in HD. In standard they come in just fine but in HD they prompt either a subscription or 508 error. The channel guide given to me by my local office says these channela are supported but... I dont have them. Please help.

Most Valued Poster

Its not just MASN. Watching Orioles game on WGN via Extra Innings. Scrambled like 5 times during this game.

No scrambling on any other channels or shows. Strictly Extra Innings
Frequent Visitor

Top inch of the picture on NBC HD channel is blank

My equipment is an Arris AX103AN box and a Samsung PN64F8500 TV, connected via HDMI.  The problem started within the last couple of weeks.  It is like I have a blank, 1 inch thick, horizontal bar across the entire top of the picture.  It only occurs on this channel.

Any ideas about what could be going on?

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Some HD channels not working

Hi Tristanfarris, I have refreshed your entitlements, could you please retest and let me know if you are now receiving those channels in HD?

Thank you

Most Valued Poster

@adammusic22 wrote:
Its not just MASN. Watching Orioles game on WGN via Extra Innings. Scrambled like 5 times during this game.

No scrambling on any other channels or shows. Strictly Extra Innings

I get pixelation on almost every network I watch and ABC is one of the worst

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues - reception issues with a few channels using X1 platform

reception issues with a few channels using X1 platform

Frequent Visitor

did you ever get your connectivity issues addressed.  I too have issues and question if they can support what we pay for.

New Poster

Message channel not available

After an electrical outage last night, I cannot get the tv to post anything other than channel not available.  It is not recognizing the remote.  I have reste the gateway once. 

Help!  It's the Olympics! 

New Poster

RDK-03004 Error Message, Tried usual troubleshooting

I am getting the RDK-03004 Error Message.

Main X1 Box in Living Room (No Splitters)

Secondary X1 Box in Master Bedroom

Netgear Modem & Apple Airport Express in office

All devices are connected to seperate coax outlets. I started having a problem with the secondary box a month ago. I went to comcast and got a replacement for the BEDROOM X1 Box and it is still giving me the same error message. 

I have done usual power cycles and restarts, the main x1 box works on the bedroom coax outlet. The modem also works on the bedroom outlet. AND the bedroom box works on the living room outlet. But when i switch the cable boxes back to there assigned rooms, the bedroom box give code again. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance