Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

@Monty10 wrote:

I have gotten the RDK-03033 error code every morning this week. Seems to be an issue at 3:30 A.M. when the box automatically reboots. After that I get the error. Have to shut down and power up at least 3 or 4 times before it finally works. This is getting SOOOOO frustrating. There is no way I can afford to have someone come out and check this out. Need help.

are you watching at the time on the DVR or a companion (non-DVR)? when the DVR finished rebooting did the 03003 error go away? were you watching live TV or recordings? The XG2 companion has its own tuners and will not be affected by the DVR going down other than for playing back a recording from that DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

I have had a recurring problem on this.  Can't change the channel and get an error message saying problem with X1 platform.  Have made repeated calls and temporary fixes, but problem comes back.  Am frustrated and do not know who to contact.  Am thinking of contacting President of Comcast.  Any ideas.

Official Employee

Re: error RDK-03003

You’ve had a couple of outages, the last couple of days.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Ever since the very cold weather last week, we've been getting extended periods of "X1 Platform unavailable" messages ... usually (but not always) in the evening.

Furthermore when we try using the X1 platform through the Internet at those times, the X1 playback 'hangs' at random times for more than a couple of seconds.

At the same times, the Internet responses have been more inconsistent than usual (but not dropping out).

There have been no changes to the internal house wiring.

Would this be likely to be a sign of an issue with the signal coming into the house, or that perhaps the splitter is failing?  I haven't checked with neighbors yet to see if they have similar issues (there are no above-ground wires in the neighborhood).

Silver Problem Solver

Call 1800comcast, insist to speak to an agent and have them run the "Einstein test".  If that doesn't help, schedule a tech visit.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Would this be likely to be a sign of an issue with the signal coming into the house, or that perhaps the splitter is failing? I haven't checked with neighbors yet to see if they have similar issues (there are no above-ground wires in the neighborhood).

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Is it possible for you to run some remote diagnostics on my levels?

I have never had much success with the performance of the platform, but the frequency of freezes and pixelization has increased significantly in the last month.

I've also lost the ability to rewind into the buffer on my non-DVR boxes the majority of the time.  Sometimes even getting a message that "this action is not supported" or something like that.

New Poster

Got a non-DVR X1 box a week ago and almost every afternoon when I turn my system on I get an error message that the TV can't find the source... I make sure it's tuned to the cable box then I get a screen that days the box isn't powered up but the remote won't turn it on so I have to unplug the box, wait a minute, plug it back in and after the powering up screens are done, it works fine for the rest of the night. .. this is getting annoying!
Regular Contributor

wrote:
Got a non-DVR X1 box a week ago and almost every afternoon when I turn my system on I get an error message that the TV can't find the source... I make sure it's tuned to the cable box then I get a screen that days the box isn't powered up but the remote won't turn it on so I have to unplug the box, wait a minute, plug it back in and after the powering up screens are done, it works fine for the rest of the night. .. this is getting annoying!

Pretty sure you have an energy saver setting on that is turning it off each night, you can change it in the settings to stay on continually.

Regular Contributor

Agree with tctc, sounds like you either have the power saver on, which I think is on by default, or under Labs you have HDMI Link enabled, which turns off the box when the TV is turned off (if TV supports CEC or many other things different manufacturers call it). I turn that on several of my companion boxes. It takes longer to resume, but I've never had to power cycle it,  sometimes just have to hit the Xfinity button a few times to wake it up.

Silver Problem Solver

@Kbkobe wrote:

My XG2 will turn off if I have HDMI link on.  (My TV is connected to my XG2 by and HDMI cable).

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

Anyone know if there is an easy solution for this, a voice command perhaps?

I wanted to go to Last Watched to find program that had scrolled off to the left of the list, but scrolling past the left just takes you to the right.

My solution was to one at a time - last, D button, Clear Just this channel, over and over until the program I wanted to find showed up in the list.

If there is no easier way, it would be great if you could just keep scrolling left, since clearly they data is still there...

Regular Contributor

Anyone experience this bug?

Several times now I have gone to a recording I want to watch and there's no option to Watch. 

The only menu items listed are Options  Cancel  Remind  Other Times  More Info

After some experimentation I discovered that Sync DVR brings back the options to Watch  Delete   Cancel

It seems to be somehow related to the can't delete a recording bug, since recordings that had limited menu items don't delete properly later either.

Maybe that's a clue to debugging the delete issue...

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

Several times now I have gone to a recording I want to watch and there's no option to Watch. 

After some experimentation I discovered that Sync DVR brings back the options to Watch  Delete   Cancel

It seems to be somehow related to the can't delete a recording bug, since recordings that had limited menu items don't delete properly later either.

Maybe you have hit on something that may be related to the inability to delete a program. Its hard to believe they still have not figured out how to debug that function. Some days we can't delete anything and getting tired of syncing the dvr to get rid of them or having to wait overnight.

Expert

@tctc wrote:

when that happens hit up button to get rid of 'menu' and then press the play button on your remote.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Yep, The old delete problem is still around. Blame the cloud. It's nebulous.

Most Valued Poster

Really can’t believe they didn’t fix ghost recordings yet.
Regular Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:

I keep thinking they aren't fixing things and are dropping capabilities because there is a pending X2 launch, or some similar good news.

I sometimes get an optimistic streak...

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Yep, The old delete problem is still around. Blame the cloud. It's nebulous.

I am going to assume your tongue is deeply planted in your cheek and  you know that I love your style but meanwhile......Back on terra firma I am terrified of height so keep my head out of the cloud and just want to see something  delete when I tell it to. Its incredulous that they have not fixed this uber annoying bug.

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:

I keep thinking they aren't fixing things and are dropping capabilities because there is a pending X2 launch, or some similar good news.

I sometimes get an optimistic streak...

Put the Kool Aid down.....lol

Most Valued Poster

Anybody elses 30 second skip not sticking?

My kitchen xiD kinda reset today. Notification settings all reset, 30 sec skip reset to 5 min.

Now a 30 second skip wont stick.
Regular Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:
Anybody elses 30 second skip not sticking?

My kitchen xiD kinda reset today. Notification settings all reset, 30 sec skip reset to 5 min.

Now a 30 second skip wont stick.

Mine randomly resets every once in a while.  I haven't been able to reset it without restarting the box, but it will work after that.

Frequent Visitor

they never fixed X-1 yet, now unleash another piece of possible new and improved, never had problems before I got x-1 

Frequent Visitor

Never had problems before, then got x-1 and nothing but problems, box out, freeze up, for over 3 years , call and nothing happened so why try, now X-2 haha, what a waste of time, should not have launched X-1 with the problems kept saying there are bugs,  as far as I am concerned, Failure is not an Option, they faile miserably on X-! now companion, wonder how bad that will be 

Frequent Visitor

What to expect from third with X1

I am a 20+ year Comcast customer (actually began with Adelphia before the buyout/merger).  In both  October 2016 and April 2017, I tried the X1 platform and returned it because I felt I lost more useful features than I gained...at least from my personal viewing habits.  I fully admit to being averse to change, so I can write-off some of my experience to that.  Since I can see the writing on the wall that my current HD-DVR boxes will soon be phased out, I am wondering if anyone could tell me if any of my issues have been resolved/improved before I give X1 another try. The one item that bugged me the most was the apparent removal of the zoom button, which I found to be a a great feature for sports to check it a player was in-bounds/out of bound, out or safe at 1B etc.  My son loves it.  I was stunned that is was removed.

Here are a few of the issues I experienced last time:

1. No channel indicator on STB and clock very hard to read (regardless of brightness setting)

2. Guide covers the entire screen (ie. no small window with current show).  I discovered I could press B, but why the extra step every time?

3. No HD Zoom button on the remote.  Pressing HD zoom on my current remote results in Normal, Stretch, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2.  Great feature to zoom on replays in sports

4. No frame-by-frame slow motion (currently I can press pause, then >> to see it in frame by frame slo-mo)

5. Simply entering a channel number and waiting a moment does not change the channel.  Instead I have to click OK before it will change the channel.  Yes, I know it's just one extra click, but the less clicks the better in my book! :-)

6. FF/Rewind was extremely choppy.  Hitting Play from Pause does not always resume from the paused spot.

7. Guide colors were very tough to read.  The previous blue background was much better.

8. Message about Sports App C was always appearing at the top right for a while.  Just plain annoying.

9. Giant Play/Pause/FF/RWD buttons on the screen that lingered too long.

10. The Favorites feature seemed to have changed.  Currently, after creating my favorites list, I can just click the Fav button on the remote and it will immediately change the channel to one of my favorite channels.  Press Fav again and it will change the channel to the next favorite, etc. etc., basically allowing me to channel surf my favorites with the press of one button.  I seem to recall the X1 did not have that same feature.  Instead, even after assigning my Favorites list, I had to press several buttons before I could move to the next favorite channel. In other words, I could not channel surf my favorites with the push of one button.

Anyway, if anyone can offer insight as to whether those items have been fixed or changed for the better, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

You're not going to be happy.

1. Clock is ok, but still no channel. On the new 4K box no clock even lol.

2. They even got rid of pressing B.

3. Nope.

4. Nope.

5. Nope.

6. This seems fine to me. Depending on how fast it is going, hitting play will reqind back some. I personally hit the reply button instead of play when i'm ready to kick out of FF.

7. It's ok with me, and they added a readability feature, which I think just makes things bigger.

8. Still comes up sometimes, but does not annoy me.

9. Yep still there.

10. Don't use favorites, but I don't think it works the way you want.

Frequent Visitor

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  I'll pass on X1 again and hope they continue to support the legacy box for a while longer.  From reading the posts, besides my basic issues, it does seem that Comcast has released quite a buggy product....and this coming from a 20+ Comcast customer, not a Comcast basher.. 

Silver Problem Solver

@steely4283 wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  I'll pass on X1 again and hope they continue to support the legacy box for a while longer.  From reading the posts, besides my basic issues, it does seem that Comcast has released quite a buggy product....and this coming from a 20+ Comcast customer, not a Comcast basher.. 

20+ users out of an estimate of 20 million X1 users?

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@steely4283 wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

RobertWy........Not trying to speak for him/her but  believe he/she  meant a 20+ year customer of Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver

My bad.

Frequent Visitor

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@steely4283 wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

RobertWy........Not trying to speak for him/her but  believe he/she  meant a 20+ year customer of Comcast.

TerriB: Thanks!  Yes, my typo.  I left out the word "year", so it should have read 20+ year Comcast customer. 

New Poster

intermittently lose tv video signal. Can't be the TV because when we divert through our Roku, there are no problems.

Go days and it's fine, then just bounces in and out.

Silver Problem Solver

@reiblynn wrote:

intermittently lose tv video signal. Can't be the TV because when we divert through our Roku, there are no problems.

Try talking to support 1800comcast

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@reiblynn wrote:

Sorry but when a call is placed to support for technical help they tell you to unplug the box, reset the modem, check your cables and then when that doesn't work because you probably already did that before calling they want to send a tech.  Even when you explain all the diagnostic steps you have already taken they insist on having you do it all again. Getting past first tier support is very difficult.

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@reiblynn wrote:

Sorry but when a call is placed to support for technical help they tell you to unplug the box, reset the modem, check your cables and then when that doesn't work because you probably already did that before calling they want to send a tech.  Even when you explain all the diagnostic steps you have already taken they insist on having you do it all again. Getting past first tier support is very difficult.

Ask them to run an Einstein test.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@reiblynn wrote:

Ask them to run an Einstein test.

Robert...I will remember that but to tell the truth I am not sure the typical first tier cust svc rep would even know what means? I sure don't....lol.

Most Valued Poster

Please for the love of god make it so when i say “Baltimore Orioles”, or any sports team name, into the remote, it goes to the listings page & not the pointless statistics page with the option to launch into the sports app.

We have to say “”sports team” LISTINGS” which isnt the natural default voice command everyone uses.

Add a statistic section for stats in the team listing main page.
New Poster

delays when switching between channels

New to Comcast X1. I noticed the split second delay when switching between channels. The screen first goes black and then the channel logo would appear with three little rotating dots before thethe programming from the new channel is displayed. Is this normal? It reminds me of statellite TV from 1990s when every channel is loaded as you switch to it. Thanks!

Most Valued Poster

anybody elses voice remotes not working. all of them. sufficient batteries. multiples boxes. bug in recent update?

Regular Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:

anybody elses voice remotes not working. all of them. sufficient batteries. multiples boxes. bug in recent update?

Mine voice remote works.

I have lost the buffer on satellite boxes after watching something from the DVR.  That has always been the case with On Demand, but not buffering during DVR playback is relatively new to me.  Might have started at the same time as the "re-tune"/buffer start at first command after turning the TV on / no buffer with TV off change and I just didn't notice until now.  Seems they're doing everything possible to save bandwidth.

I can understand not having every single box buffering 24 hours a day.  But once you start using a box the buffer should continue even during DVR playback.

Most Valued Poster

@adammusic22 wrote:

Its stil working here in Northern Virginia Comcast territory.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

NBC HD stations pixelating!

Twice in the past week, both NBC HD stations have been pixelating.  Several days ago, the problem went away when I did a system refresh, but I don't know if that fixed the problem or if it was just a coincidence.  Today it happenned again, and system refresh didn't do any good.  Early this morning I noticed that the volume was so low during the program (any program) that I had to jack it up full to hear anything.  The commercials however had normal volume.   I called Comcast,and after doing their standard diagnostic steps, they concluded that it was in their system not my dvr.  Later in the day, the volume returned to normal and the pixelation lessed, but was still there.  I called Comcast again, but was told that my ticket was escalated and they couldn't give me status.  They also couldn't tell me if any other customers called in with this issue.  Both answers were very frustrating.

I am in Metro-Atlanta and the problems are on the NBC HD channels of 806 and 1011.  Does anyone else have or know about this problem?

Most Valued Poster

Re: NBC HD stations pixelating!

@ThomT wrote:

Twice in the past week, both NBC HD stations have been pixelating.  Several days ago, the problem went away when I did a system refresh, but I don't know if that fixed the problem or if it was just a coincidence.  Today it happenned again, and system refresh didn't do any good.  Early this morning I noticed that the volume was so low during the program (any program) that I had to jack it up full to hear anything.  The commercials however had normal volume.   I called Comcast,and after doing their standard diagnostic steps, they concluded that it was in their system not my dvr.  Later in the day, the volume returned to normal and the pixelation lessed, but was still there.  I called Comcast again, but was told that my ticket was escalated and they couldn't give me status.  They also couldn't tell me if any other customers called in with this issue.  Both answers were very frustrating.

I am in Metro-Atlanta and the problems are on the NBC HD channels of 806 and 1011.  Does anyone else have or know about this problem?

===

I am in Metro Wash DC area and have had volume and pixelation problems from time to time on several  major networks for years on SD and HD but never with cabe networks or premium.  NBC and ABC are the worst here but there is no pattern to it.

Expert

@adammusic22 wrote:

what is the remote's LED action when you press the voice microphone button? normal beeping or a failure 'notice on the TV?

Most Valued Poster

That dull beep. No notification popped up on tv.

Its working now.
New Poster

Hello everyone. I have a XRE-00250 (this device needs to be activated before we can continue. ) I have had comcast send a million signals. Got new boxes after 6 months of not having service since I was in a different state. They have added the box etc. What can I do ? I cant get back to the activation screen. Someone please help me !!!!
15239119956945641198113417475036.jpg
Official Employee

At the end of the day it will probably need to get swapped out

New Poster

four months later and still goesdown almost every day. 

Silver Problem Solver

@mitchwebb wrote:

four months later and still goesdown almost every day. 

Can you be more specific so we can try to help?

New Poster

I'm having the exact same problem.  I just switched out my box yesterday (boy what a mistake).  I was told there was a defect with the box I picked up yesterday and to return to the store and get another one.  well, guess what the second box is doing the same thing.