Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Hi Terri,

The next time you have an issue while deleting a recording, before it disappears from your Recordings list, would you mind sending me a private message with then program details (title, date it was recorded).

Thank you!

Gwen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Terri,

The next time you have an issue while deleting a recording, before it disappears from your Recordings list, would you mind sending me a private message with then program details (title, date it was recorded).

Thank you!

Gwen

Gwen, I would be very happy to do that. Had two last night that would not go away. I will start keeping a log.  I assume you are aware that many have reported this happening over and over. The only way to get them to go bye bye is to restart ( I don't like to do that unless there is a freeze or something really bad) or wait until the next morning .

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

@msp718 wrote:

I am having similar problem with box in bedroom. I have had nothing but headaches since upgrading to X1 DVR in living room and companion box in bedroom. Bedroom box stopped working after tech was here on Sunday. He did something and Comcast telling me the signal is strong between the boxes when the check. Next step is to switch out to a sepearate box that doesn't communicate with DVR. I was told to go by a Comcast location and pick up a box, problem is they all close by 5 p.m. or 6 p.m.  Tech coming again on Saturday morning - third week in a row I've had to have someone come out. Really sorry I upgraded even though I really like the system when it works, which hasn't been very often. I've only had it a month.

You need to make sure the tech disconnects and tests your cables by sending a signal across them to check for noise.

I had issues for almost 2 years and the techs would just show up and look at their iPad and say "everything is fine, see, it's green". 

And that apparenetly proves absolutely nothing.

After about the 12th visit, someone finally tested my cables directly and they apparently found a lot of "noise" and rewired most of the house.

Things are much better, if not completely resolved.  They may be as resolved as the platform allows.

I would give the same advice to sotokai and mmcfee1...

Regular Contributor

"As good as the system allows"  is a true statement. I went through the same rigmarole a year or so ago and virtually all cabling in my house and associated connectors have been replaced as well as Comcast fixing issues in our neighborhood cable infrastructure.  It seemed for a while (about 3 weeks) that my problems were solved but NOOOOOO ! Ghost deletes, box resetting on it's own, Channel available with subscription, unable to tune to channel, Connecting to your X1 experience, slow laggy response, box freezes and the hits just keep on coming.

The problem is "As good as the system allows" doesn't cut it in my book and I'm tired of waiting for Comcast to figure out how to make the system work the way it is supposed to.

If my Information technology department kept producing the bug ridden product like X1 is, we'd all have been looking for new jobs and it would have happened a long time before two years had passed.

I guess Comcast thinks every day is April fools day and the customers are all fools.Foghorn.png

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

"As good as the system allows"  is a true statement. I went through the same rigmarole a year or so ago and virtually all cabling in my house and associated connectors have been replaced as well as Comcast fixing issues in our neighborhood cable infrastructure.  It seemed for a while (about 3 weeks) that my problems were solved but NOOOOOO ! Ghost deletes, box resetting on it's own, Channel available with subscription, unable to tune to channel, Connecting to your X1 experience, slow laggy response, box freezes and the hits just keep on coming.

The problem is "As good as the system allows" doesn't cut it in my book and I'm tired of waiting for Comcast to figure out how to make the system work the way it is supposed to.

If my Information technology department kept producing the bug ridden product like X1 is, we'd all have been looking for new jobs and it would have happened a long time before two years had passed.

I guess Comcast thinks every day is April fools day and the customers are all fools.Foghorn.png

Preach Foghorn Leghorn and AMEN

Contributor

Wow, more nonsense posts in the X1 Technical Issues thread. Again, if you two want to chat, do it in a PM. Subscribers to the thread don't need to see it.

Regular Contributor

I have been checking the "Preferred Guide View" setting in Comcast labs for a couple of weeks and the setting seems to be holding for my Preferred view "Movies". This is a feature I like because the old guide kept defaulting to "Grid View" which I seldom used as I use the mini guide (right arrow) exclusively. One feature I don't like is the mini guide defaulting to the channel a recording was made on when you are viewing  a DVR'd program while on another channel. However, if you press the right arrow quickly two times it will show the channel you are currently on if the the mini guide hasn't been allowed to list the DVR'd channel yet.

I would like interrupted recordings to show in two listing like the old pre - X1 system.  This worked much better than what we have now. But DVR wise - what doesn't ?

Frequent Visitor

The Reminders feature hasn't worked for me once today.  I tried with 3 different programs at different times.  Nothing popped up.

It worked intermittenly when I tested it last weekend.

Anyone else?  If this is working for anyone, is there any way to toggle through multiple reminders at the same start time?  For example, if I set reminders for a baseball game and a basketball game both starting at 8PM, what happens when 8PM hits?  On the old cable box (pre-X1) the pop-up showed Reminder (1 of 2) and you could press the down arrow to scroll to #2.  Then pressing OK would tune to the channel for reminder #2.  Last weekend when I tried this, I only saw the option to "Tune now" or "Dismiss" on the first reminder.  I would see the second reminder if I dismissed the first.  However, if I tuned to the first one, there was no way to ever see that I had set 2 reminders at that time.  The "feature" doesn't work nearly as well as the old cable box.

Expert

@RedComputer wrote:

The Reminders feature hasn't worked for me once today.  I tried with 3 different programs at different times.  Nothing popped up.

It worked intermittenly when I tested it last weekend.

Anyone else?  If this is working for anyone, is there any way to toggle through multiple reminders at the same start time?  For example, if I set reminders for a baseball game and a basketball game both starting at 8PM, what happens when 8PM hits?  On the old cable box (pre-X1) the pop-up showed Reminder (1 of 2) and you could press the down arrow to scroll to #2.  Then pressing OK would tune to the channel for reminder #2.  Last weekend when I tried this, I only saw the option to "Tune now" or "Dismiss" on the first reminder.  I would see the second reminder if I dismissed the first.  However, if I tuned to the first one, there was no way to ever see that I had set 2 reminders at that time.  The "feature" doesn't work nearly as well as the old cable box.

It is in comcast labs beta. report any issues with the x1 support at 877-896-8678.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Connecting to live TV nightmare

OK so sadly my ex one boxes of started jumping out on me. I will go to bed one night and then the next night when I wake up after the updates come through and it re-boats I will get the RDK-03002 error message. If I try and reboot and then it hangs on the connecting to live TV screen. So I have had 5 Comcast technicians out for the past two weeks to bring me a new box and it works for one night but then again when the reboot goes through the updates get downloaded I wake up the next morning with that same error message.

Literally every single day this is happening in they cannot figure out how to keep my TV running.
Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Connecting to live TV nightmare

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@MisterEGas wrote:

Wow, more nonsense posts in the X1 Technical Issues thread. Again, if you two want to chat, do it in a PM. Subscribers to the thread don't need to see it.

May I suggest that you 'lighten up' a bit. Those of us who have been on these forums for a long time and have helped each other solve problems when Comcast didn't or couldn't appreciate a little levity now and then. Its refreshing.

Admin1

Hi DigitalGENOcyde -- Apologies for the continual issues with your X1 box. I'm contacting your local area and some high level techs to see what else we can do to get this resolved. They'll contact you and let you know what our next plan of action is. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same problem, very annoying!!! I keep resetting the box and it works for several hours. Tonight it won't let me get to settings to reset the box.
Regular Contributor

OK so I am on the 18th day of this issue and have no X one box as they refused to work for me due to they cannot connect to live TV. Yesterday they brought out my fourth and fifth boxes and with the fifth box they actually tried a different account for the box because they want to rule out everything else. So with somebody else's account information the boxes continue to work even after rebooting. I'm not sure what it is with in my account that would cause it not to work.
Admin1

Are you confirming that everything is in working order now? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Admin1

Hi Theresa64524 -- I reviewed your account and am showing some signal issues. These issues could be what is causing your issues. It is recommended to have a tech out to resolve those issues. I can have one scheduled for you if you'd like to go this route. 

New Poster

That would be great, thank you!

Admin1

What days/times work best for you to have someone come out? I can get that scheduled for you. 

Regular Contributor

I've actually had seven different people come out to my apartment already including technicians and a supervisor - still none them can figure it out. They install new boxes which work at first until they get rebooted and then they stop working.
Admin1

DigitalGENOcyde -- What is the current status of your boxes? Are they working or are they still broken? 

New Poster

Any time tomorrow or Thursday works.

Admin1

Got a time scheduled. I'll private message you the day and time. 

Regular Contributor

The current status is that my extra boxes still are not working they left me with some DTA box and I am waiting for a callback. I was hopeful that perhaps my account could be canceled out and rebuilt or something since it does seem to be an account issue but they say it's not that simple.
Admin1

Following up on this. Your issue was escalated to get some resolution with. The ticket says that everything is in working order now. Can you confirm that everything has been resolved? 

Regular Visitor

This is my exact problem. I don't have working Comcast tv more often than I have it. If I'm lucky, I literally get one day a week of working tv. I reboot, it gets stuck on "connecting to live... " then sits on a "something's not quite right" screen. You bet something's not right - it's not right that Comcast charges me an arm and a leg to have no tv! After reading what these other folks have written, I don't want a technician to come to the house with new boxes if it means having 10 more technicians come after him with 10 more new boxes. What is Comcast doing about this obviously widespread problem?

New Poster

XRE-00260 Error Code

Main Modem and Box setup and working properly. 

Keep running into a loop of "Sorry, we're having some trouble . Weve run into a problem that may be fixed by restarting your set-top box. Please wait a few minutes then press OK to restart."

Ive restarted all 3 boxes (Middle with modem is working properly with TV- having problems with the smaller boxes)  - Contacted technical support and they've refreshed signals,etc still to no avail. 

Technicians are coming out on Thursday, but I'd figured Id inquire with some comcast Gurus, especially after not finding any info from google. 

Is it possible I have two bad boxes? 

Expert

Re: XRE-00260 Error Code

@CROSSCURT wrote:

Keep running into a loop of "Sorry, we're having some trouble . Weve run into a problem that may be fixed by restarting your set-top box. Please wait a few minutes then press OK to restart."

Ive restarted all 3 boxes (Middle with modem is working properly with TV- having problems with the smaller boxes)  - Contacted technical support and they've refreshed signals,etc still to no avail. 

Technicians are coming out on Thursday, but I'd figured Id inquire with some comcast Gurus, especially after not finding any info from google. 

If this was a self-install, it is quite possble that the wiring/connectors are not allowing a clean enough signal for those 2 boxs to communicate to the X1 network....  keep the appointment with the Techs so that this is fixed and you begin to enjoy the x1 platform on all of your boxes.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XRE-00260 Error Code

I think Ray the Geek is right. Keep that appointment.

I looked at the X1 installation guide and did not find an explantion for XRE-00260 but similar error codes suggest your X1 boxes are not talking to each other properly (obviously).

Two fairly easy things you can check. All X1 boxes must be installed after any RF amps you may have. You cannot have some X1 boxes installed before an amp and some boxes installed after. Also, you need to have a MoCA POE filter installed at the very point where cable signal enters your house. Without a MoCA POE filter (2.5 inch long cylindrically shaped silver device) your neighbors X1 boxes can interfere with yours and vice versa...

Bad boxes are certainly possible but it's rare.

@CROSSCURT wrote:

New Poster

Not sure if you are talking to me regarding the service visit but so far so good. The guy said they had the wrong filter on the outside of my house.

Admin1

Theresa64524 -- That question was directed to DigitalGENOcyde but thank you for letting me know your service is back in working order now. 

Admin1

Rhen -- The health check on your account is showing multiple signal issues. Exchanging boxes would not resolve your issue. You would need a tech out to correct the signal issues on your service lines. As with the others, I can schedule a tech for you. 

Regular Contributor

Sorry for the late response, but yes my issue has been resolved. The only way that they could do so and have my box continue to work was to delete my old account and create a new account for me. Something within my account information was corrupting the boxes.
Admin1

I see. Odd circumstance but glad to hear that a resolution was finally reached. 

Regular Visitor

I called Comcast yesterday because I was without tv for over 24 hours. Again. Naturally, the "boost" from the customer service person did nothing. I told her my schedule is currently in flux and I can't make an appointment for a technician to come out. However, I suspect the problem is outside my house. A few weeks back I noticed a Comcast van parked a couple doors down from me. My problems started right around that time. I think someone messed up my service while helping someone else. I asked the customer care woman if she could send someone out to climb the lightpole in the alley and check on things outside. She said she scheduled this, but didn't tell me for when, so I don't know if a technician will actually come out or not.

New Poster

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

I have the same issue, I have had the new whole home X1 DVR for almost 2 years and have never had a single issue with the satellite box in my bedroom communicating with the main X1 DVR in the living room. I was just gone out of town for the weekend and when my service had been accidentally disconnected because a past due to my bill being 3 weeks overdue. I got online paid the past due amount and everything instantly turned back on, Internet, all 4 DTA's in my house, the main X1 DVR is working fine and even the satellite dvr box in my bedroom is working. The problem is the box in my bedroom is now no longer communicating the main X1 DVR, again I can watch tv in my bedroom but when I attempt to view and select recorded programs they are no longer showing me those programs saved on the main X1 DVR in my room on my satellite box. I have restarted both boxes multiple times, I have tried to re sync the main DVR, I have tried everything. I am a former Comcast install/repair technician so I am not a moron on how these things are suppose to work. 

Silver Problem Solver

@d_blough wrote:

I have the same issue, I have had the new whole home X1 DVR for almost 2 years and have never had a single issue with the satellite box in my bedroom communicating with the main X1 DVR in the living room. I was just gone out of town for the weekend and when my service had been accidentally disconnected because a past due to my bill being 3 weeks overdue. I got online paid the past due amount and everything instantly turned back on, Internet, all 4 DTA's in my house, the main X1 DVR is working fine and even the satellite dvr box in my bedroom is working. The problem is the box in my bedroom is now no longer communicating the main X1 DVR, again I can watch tv in my bedroom but when I attempt to view and select recorded programs they are no longer showing me those programs saved on the main X1 DVR in my room on my satellite box. I have restarted both boxes multiple times, I have tried to re sync the main DVR, I have tried everything. I am a former Comcast install/repair technician so I am not a moron on how these things are suppose to work. 

I am vague on your setup.  You have four DTA's and one DVR and what is the model of your satellite?

It sounds like all the boxes are not provsioned to your account.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I'm having the SAME problem with the X1 mini box - I picked up two and neither will connect with any cable in the house.  Reconnected the old boxes with no issue

Sound like having a tech come out is a waste of time

Silver Problem Solver

As it's been said countless times already, X1 has different signal/connection requirements. If you can't get it working, then call Comcast and have them schedule a tech. I have no clue where you are getting the impression that scheduling a tech will be a guaranteed waste of time.

New Poster

John, perhaps I missed it in a previous message,but have those that have posted up a similar problem followed up to say that they were resolved with a visit?

I picked up the boxes because I thought it would be enjoyable to watch all channels in all rooms.... But so far, 2 hours wasted on the phone with tech support and the thought of having to pay and wait for a home visit is more hassle than I had anticipated.

Diamond Problem Solver

@d_blough wrote:

I would call back and ensure the Anyroom DVR rate codes were added back on and activated as well.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

@Imperial_RN wrote:
John, perhaps I missed it in a previous message,but have those that have posted up a similar problem followed up to say that they were resolved with a visit?

I picked up the boxes because I thought it would be enjoyable to watch all channels in all rooms.... But so far, 2 hours wasted on the phone with tech support and the thought of having to pay and wait for a home visit is more hassle than I had anticipated.

Imperial_rn, can you give a little background on how your cable is configured? Splitters, amps, etc, possibly saving time on a truck roll.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem.  X1 worked great and then I see trucks in the neighborhood and then my service to X1 started to get slow and then today it will not even connect.  It is frustrating to have it work 12 hours earlier and they tell you to check your cable connections.  Is there an outage map?  I try not to bag on Comcast/Xfinity but we pay a lot of money monthly for the service to work or at least let us know if there are outages.

New Poster

I just got the DVR and the X1 mini cable box. The DVR works fine, the X1 mini won't connect (I tried several times). Based on what was said in this forum about MOCA and the Amplifier (the amplifier also installed in my home many years ago), what's about if I turn-off the Amplifier (by unplugging it), will my mini box connect? please advise,

Diamond Problem Solver

I just got the DVR and the X1 mini cable box. The DVR works fine, the X1 mini won't connect (I tried several times). Based on what was said in this forum about MOCA and the Amplifier (the amplifier also installed in my home many years ago), what's about if I turn-off the Amplifier (by unplugging it), will my mini box connect? please advise,

Unplugging it will the signal to everything coming out of the amp. You can either:
1. Bypass the amp altogether and put a different configuration in
2. Get the proper amp installed
3. Try it with the amp you have but ensuring your X1 boxes are on the same side of the amp ( i.e. Not having the DVR before the amp and the secondary box after the amp)

Expert

@bstboy wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem.  X1 worked great and then I see trucks in the neighborhood and then my service to X1 started to get slow and then today it will not even connect.  It is frustrating to have it work 12 hours earlier and they tell you to check your cable connections.  Is there an outage map?  I try not to bag on Comcast/Xfinity but we pay a lot of money monthly for the service to work or at least let us know if there are outages.

There is no "OUTAGE" map within COMcast/Xfinity... there "IS" www.downdetector.com for many providers and others.....

There is also an APP for your mobile device to see if you are affected by an outage and it's name is MyAccount.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Expert

@jcanain wrote:

I just got the DVR and the X1 mini cable box. The DVR works fine, the X1 mini won't connect (I tried several times). Based on what was said in this forum about MOCA and the Amplifier (the amplifier also installed in my home many years ago), what's about if I turn-off the Amplifier (by unplugging it), will my mini box connect? please advise,

if the 'mini' is an xi3 or xiD return and swap for the (same price) Xg2 (it doesn't use the tuner on the DVR.

Frequent Visitor

Noticed the X1 box was lagging a bit, so I did the exit button, down button, press 2 for the menu to check signal strength.

this is what I came up with:

downstream received power: -12.9dBmV

(I have another coax cable that is routed behind the walls that gave me a number like-14.5 - can't remember exactly - that cable is 50ft long, the cable with -12.9 value is 15ft)

downstream SNR: 36.7 TenthdB

Upstream Power: 51.5 TenthdBmV

Is there anything wrong with these numbers? I live in a 3 apartment home - we're on the 2nd floor. There is a 3 way splitter in the basement - Antronix -3.5, -7, & -7 outputs (my apartment is plugged into one of the -7 outputs).

I have an extreme splitter kicking around that is -5.5 on all 3 outputs - will that help?

Can I buy anything to hook to the source, before it goes into the splitter? or an amplified splitter? I'm sure the coax that is in the wall running to the basement is pretty darn old too, not sure what would be involved snaking some newer stuff up, but I will certainly try - what kind of coax should I be looking for?

Gold Problem Solver

Sorry but those numbers are rather poor and could be causing you a bunch of problems. Removing splitters could certainly help but you might want to consider having Comcast send a tech out to install an X1 spec splitter amplifier (if it is needed).

@jrobie1121 wrote:

Noticed the X1 box was lagging a bit, so I did the exit button, down button, press 2 for the menu to check signal strength.

this is what I came up with:

downstream received power: -12.9dBmV

(I have another coax cable that is routed behind the walls that gave me a number like-14.5 - can't remember exactly - that cable is 50ft long, the cable with -12.9 value is 15ft)

downstream SNR: 36.7 TenthdB

Upstream Power: 51.5 TenthdBmV

Is there anything wrong with these numbers? I live in a 3 apartment home - we're on the 2nd floor. There is a 3 way splitter in the basement - Antronix -3.5, -7, & -7 outputs (my apartment is plugged into one of the -7 outputs).

I have an extreme splitter kicking around that is -5.5 on all 3 outputs - will that help?

Can I buy anything to hook to the source, before it goes into the splitter? or an amplified splitter? I'm sure the coax that is in the wall running to the basement is pretty darn old too, not sure what would be involved snaking some newer stuff up, but I will certainly try - what kind of coax should I be looking for?

Frequent Visitor

I can't remove splitters, theres three apartments, so the one in the basement has to be there. In my apartment I have a 3 way splitter off the wall - 1 to cable box, 1 to cable modem, 1 to bedroom in TV. Those numbers are with the splitter installed. I haven't tried to do it straight from the wall to cable box.

How much does it cost for the X1 tech to come out and do that service?