Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Contributor

X1 DVR issue

I have shows scheduled to be recorded. None of the shows show as recording on my main X1 DVR. But when I check on the secondary box I can see it being recorded.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Alex

Contributor

Re: X1 DVR issue

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

I have shows scheduled to be recorded. None of the shows show as recording on my main X1 DVR. But when I check on the secondary box I can see it being recorded.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Alex

I was able to fix the issue by powering down the DVR (no reboot) and restarting.

Regular Contributor

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, unfortunately every release of new box software or back - end server software or all the above may or may not fix the myriad problems that we as customers have had foisted on us by Comcast's X1 design paradigm. I have commented many times that the choice to distribute the software across the set top box and back end servers was a bad idea. The slow/no response episodes everyone has been complaining about for years are the result of this design approach.  Any time the box requires a response or program segment located on the servers and fails to get the required action to work you get slow/no response from the box or in some cases the box appears to lock up. In frustration we users keep pressing buttons on the remote while we yell "Come on (supply your own expletives)".

I used distributed processing to great effect some years ago using Unix boxes, the mainframe and PC workstations but even a totally fiber optic network has a data limit.

Comcast programmers or the people in charge or both haven't ever successfully  worked out the bugs in their design scheme even though they have had a couple of years to do so.

I don't care if the problem is not enough servers or whatever. I expect the system to work properly and that is not something that is up for debate.

As I found more than once, sometimes you have to ditch a particular approach to solving a programming design issue and start all over from scratch. Comcast can't seem to stabilize X1 and only proceeds to provide us with monthly patches (STB versions, XRE versions) which we seem to be condemned  to suffer like Sisyphus rolling a bolder up a hill only to have it roll down and start all over again.

I would gladly put up with a slower box start up if all the functions the box needed were loaded and then the box worked properly and reliably like the old pre X1 boxes did.

Remember when you only rebooted your old pre - X1 box maybe once or twice a year ?  So it only recorded two shows at a time, but it had buffer recording, showed when a recording was interrupted by listing two recordings and never gave you this "would you like to view the next segment ?" nonsense then won't let you view the next part of your recording sometimes. The buffer let you record a show after the start and got the whole thing. Now we have to second guess what we want to record because we can only get the recording from when we press the button. This is not an improvement and adding more tuners doesn't remotely come close to making me feel mollified about the buffer recording loss. At one time or another I have had almost every funtion the box is capable of, refuse to launch or lock up the box forcing a reboot.

(Connecting to your X1 Tv experience)  Sometime this century please ! OOPs ! you missed ten minutes of the Superbowl, So Sorry !

If you had a PC that malfunctioned as much as X1 does you would get a new PC or a  better OS to run it.

X1 is a TV operating system and it runs like a real early version of DOS. ( Track 0 bad, disk unusable) (DVR service unavailable,  we are Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah). (Windows has encountered a fault in Kernel32.exe at EF0A:FB2C)  (Somethings not quite right call Comcast and mention RDK XXXX-XX) Yeah, Right.

Contributor

I am getting error 03095 when trying to access any OnDemand video.

Less than a week with Comcast and I have already encountered so many issues.

Alex

Contributor

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

Just tried on the secondary DVR and was able to play the OnDemand video. But the main X1 DVR does not. I keep getting error XRE-03095.

Expert

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

Just tried on the secondary DVR and was able to play the OnDemand video. But the main X1 DVR does not. I keep getting error XRE-03095.

call 877-896-8678 and let them check out your entitlements on that main DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@CCAndrew wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Thanks Andrew! Love these additions as well as all the ones you listed in the prior post about 1.60

@CCAndrew wrote:

February 9, the Sports App for XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System was updated to include extras for NBA, NCAAB and NASCAR events. With these extras enhancements, customers can now view stats such as past winners, top scorers (NBA and NCAA, track conditions (NASCAR) and more.

@scjohnson312 wrote:
Anything new in 1.60 Rustyben?

Mini Info Panel: Cast & Crew details added to the Mini Info Panel, which appears when users press the Info button on the remote while watching a program.
Appearing in Row: Role indicator added, so users can quickly find out a person's role (e.g., actor, director) in a TV series or movie.
X1 Tips: Action bar added to some X1 Tips, so users can jump directly to the setting or feature referenced.
Troubleshooting: Ability to send a link via text message to download the XFINITY My Account app.
Kids Zone: Ability to shuffle through related DVR recordings.
Search: On Demand networks added to channel collections.

in zip 71115 the HBO channel collection has been removed it seems. the ondemand hbo has its own entry. just one network issue?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

call 877-896-8678 and let them check out your entitlements on that main DVR.

Sorry for the cross post. Thanks for the help. I finally decided to reboot the DVR to see if it would resolve before calling and fair enough it did not fix the issue.

Most Valued Poster

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

==============

The good news is that Comcast has a help page called 'find and troubleshoot error code' http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/common-x1-error-codes where you type in the error code and the error message and its supposed to give you information. The bad news is that it won't allow you to type the code or the message in the box. I got on chat and told them and the agent immediately wanted my serial number, blah blah blah so the could reset the server or send out a tech. OMG! I just wanted to know what the code meant.No matter how I tried to explain that I just wanted to know what the code and message really mean the agent insisted on getting all my box info and I decided to stop the chat. The code I was looking for has to do with programs not going away once deleted. I told her that this was a widely discussed issue on the forum and NOT my box but we went round and round. My goodness I just wanted to know why I could not type in the code on the webpage

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

The good news is that Comcast has a help page called 'find and troubleshoot error code' http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/common-x1-error-codes where you type in the error code and the error message and its supposed to give you information. The bad news is that it won't allow you to type the code or the message in the box. I got on chat and told them and the agent immediately wanted my serial number, blah blah blah so the could reset the server or send out a tech. OMG! I just wanted to know what the code meant.No matter how I tried to explain that I just wanted to know what the code and message really mean the agent insisted on getting all my box info and I decided to stop the chat. The code I was looking for has to do with programs not going away once deleted. I told her that this was a widely discussed issue on the forum and NOT my box but we went round and round. My goodness I just wanted to know why I could not type in the code on the webpage

XRE-03095 can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-error-code-xre-03095/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Contributor

@geek46 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

XRE-03095 can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-error-code-xre-03095/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Thanks, but the link above has NO help in it. A link that takes back to this forum and one other that asks you to contact the support. Just to reiterate, the issue was resolved on my side by rebooting the box.

In my young week of utilization of Comcast I have encountered few issues, and everytime a reboot resolved it. Seems that the software needs some stabilization work.

Valued Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

1.61.04 2/17/2016 and fw 2.2p7s1 on mx011an

new problem not seen before. 

an episode recorded during prime time and was interrupted (reboot due to 120 VAC dropping for a moment. the show continued recording about 5 minuts later as is normal and was in two segments. When I watched to the approx 3 minute point, not one but 2 windows popped up at same time, the first was the 'would you like to see the next segment (yes/no) and instantly 'you appear to have finished watching this recording would you like to delete it". I had two episodes at the time, and after answering 'no' i then got the would you like to see the next episode (yes/no). by the time I answered that 2nd popup, the timer for the 'next segment' had expired. So I tried again got same messages. I then marked it as unwatched still same problem. I had to really work to answer the questions quickly before the next segment view disappeared. 

help!

Hi Rustyben,

Would you happen to have the name of the program and the day on which it recorded?

Thanks!

Gwen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Hey TeriB !

I think it's sad that we even have to bother with RDK codes in the first place. I never even knew what one was in the old (read worked properly) pre-X1 system. It is way past time Comcast fixed the X1 product or rolled out a replacement system that works properly and makes the customers happy. Even if you find out what a particular RDK code means it is not likely to be of any use to you. Can anyone honestly say X1  is an improvement over pre-X1 ? It has many bells and whistles but is prone to so many stability and usability issues that they completely negate any benefits the new features provide. X1 is like an old Blue Volkswagen beetle I had that my Ex-wife called "The Blue Bunion". You could count on  it malfunctioning when you needed it most.  When the car dealer offered me $300 as I traded it in for a PInto, I cringed as the mechanic drove it away expecting it to blow up before I closed the deal.

The last couple of months have been really frustrating with "Channel available with subscription" messages and "DVR service Unavailable" and ... and... and...

Enough Already. Fix the product or give us one that works. If you can't fix it in two years then  it's time to consider alternatives. The ultimate goal is to allow the users to watch TV or recorded TV. What should be simple has been turned into a complicated nightmare. I expect that I will eventually have one of the box/software failures during one of the smarmy X1 commercials. This, at least, would show a certain kind of symmetry.

(I just heard a "Change the way you experience TV with X1 from Xfinity commerical while I was typing)

Made my day.

Regular Contributor

Was out of town for a couple days, I assume there was a new update while I was gone, because I now have...

Another new bug - After watching an episode where I have multiple episodes recorded on the DVR, at the end when the system asks if I want to watch the next episode and I select yes, it hangs.  Nothing happens and no inputs of any kind will cause anything to happen.

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Hey TeriB !

I think it's sad that we even have to bother with RDK codes in the first place. I never even knew what one was in the old (read worked properly) pre-X1 system. It is way past time Comcast fixed the X1 product or rolled out a replacement system that works properly and makes the customers happy. Even if you find out what a particular RDK code means it is not likely to be of any use to you. Can anyone honestly say X1  is an improvement over pre-X1 ? It has many bells and whistles but is prone to so many stability and usability issues that they completely negate any benefits the new features provide. X1 is like an old Blue Volkswagen beetle I had that my Ex-wife called "The Blue Bunion". You could count on  it malfunctioning when you needed it most.  When the car dealer offered me $300 as I traded it in for a PInto, I cringed as the mechanic drove it away expecting it to blow up before I closed the deal.

The last couple of months have been really frustrating with "Channel available with subscription" messages and "DVR service Unavailable" and ... and... and...

Enough Already. Fix the product or give us one that works. If you can't fix it in two years then  it's time to consider alternatives. The ultimate goal is to allow the users to watch TV or recorded TV. What should be simple has been turned into a complicated nightmare. I expect that I will eventually have one of the box/software failures during one of the smarmy X1 commercials. This, at least, would show a certain kind of symmetry.

(I just heard a "Change the way you experience TV with X1 from Xfinity commerical while I was typing)

====

We are getting more and more DVR not available messages even when the DVR is working fine EXCEPT for the delete issue which is worse and worse. You are spot on that they are into too many bells and whistles and the basic features and stability are going downhill fast and they just don't care to address let alone fix them.

Made my day.

Expert

@ComcastGwen wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

new problem not seen before. 

an episode recorded during prime time and was interrupted (reboot due to 120 VAC dropping for a moment. the show continued recording about 5 minuts later as is normal and was in two segments. When I watched to the approx 3 minute point, not one but 2 windows popped up at same time, the first was the 'would you like to see the next segment (yes/no) and instantly 'you appear to have finished watching this recording would you like to delete it". I had two episodes at the time, and after answering 'no' i then got the would you like to see the next episode (yes/no). by the time I answered that 2nd popup, the timer for the 'next segment' had expired. So I tried again got same messages. I then marked it as unwatched still same problem. I had to really work to answer the questions quickly before the next segment view disappeared. 

help!

Hi Rustyben,

Would you happen to have the name of the program and the day on which it recorded?

Thanks!

Gwen

no, sorry. I know why the recording was interrupted. I'm reporting the new issue that the system is asking to delete since watched in error. this is no different than accidently hitting record while watching a recorded show and getting the regular prompts asking just this episode or all episodes.

Regular Contributor

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Made my day.

Yes, X1 has definitely changed the way I experience TV.  Used to be able to just watch TV with no problems.

Expert

ok the new firmware fixed a lot of stuck windows but of course it broke something else (or am i the only one?).

when you have 2 episodes (like mine was modern family) and select the lowest episode number and finish it, delete it, you get a popover window asking if you want to play the next episode. if you answer yes, you get a new box that will NOT dismiss 'sorry, we're having some trouble. This program is not available to watch at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. XRE-22 VOD 7002 (note!!! Video on Demand??)

standard cycle into and out of power save removes it but geez why does one bug when patched give you another bug?

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

ok the new firmware fixed a lot of stuck windows but of course it broke something else (or am i the only one?).

when you have 2 episodes (like mine was modern family) and select the lowest episode number and finish it, delete it, you get a popover window asking if you want to play the next episode. if you answer yes, you get a new box that will NOT dismiss 'sorry, we're having some trouble. This program is not available to watch at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. XRE-22 VOD 7002 (note!!! Video on Demand??)

standard cycle into and out of power save removes it but geez why does one bug when patched give you another bug?

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I believe the answer is that Comcast has several different groups of programmers working on various parts of the X1 product. The problem with this is what Strother Martin said to Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke", "What we have here is a failure to communicate" ! The other scenario is that the programmers are just a bunch of incompetent boobs, working in a test tube environment sequestered from any contact or knowledge of the real outside world.

I can tell you that a failure to communicate is too often the problem in large organizations. I had a major project stalled for months because the department the software was for kept changing the rules and dribbling out the requirements, piece by piece while time kept passing. Some of the requirements for the software that were finally revealed were bombshells in that they required a complete rewrite of the design concept and the programming to support it. "Oh, by the way, can you make it do this ?" BOOM ! start all over from the beginning.

All we as users can see is the results of X1 programming and the endless software upgrades/downgrades/patches that don't ever reach a state of being a reliable, stable product. Comcast needs to find someone with enough ability to pull this mess into a coherent piece of software routines that work in harmony and produce the desired result.

1. It works all the time

2. It makes the users happy

3. It is a actual improvement on the old pre-X1 system.

This all seems like a no-brainer but as we all know X1  works like  no-brainers programmed it. We just get more Whack -a-Mole fixes that seem to be in endless supply.

If a good bullet-proof set of programs is like a solid block of Cheddar cheese then the X1 system is the Swiss cheese of program suites. 

Regular Contributor

And I think the moral of this story is that X1 is still in beta. Anyway, it feels like every other beta release that I have participated in, only I didn't have to pay for those.
Most Valued Poster

@CoreyD wrote:
And I think the moral of this story is that X1 is still in beta. Anyway, it feels like every other beta release that I have participated in, only I didn't have to pay for those.

OMG....LONGEST beta in history!  I don't mind being a guinea pig but to pay????

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

I want to make sure I understand something about this release. Is the popup window asking if I want to play the next episode supposed to work from the recordings list? I am making that assumption because if it were On Demand there would be no deleting of an episode by the user. I ask this because I have the new release and have never ever been asked if I wan to play the next epidsode so what I am missing?

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

I want to make sure I understand something about this release. Is the popup window asking if I want to play the next episode supposed to work from the recordings list? I am making that assumption because if it were On Demand there would be no deleting of an episode by the user. I ask this because I have the new release and have never ever been asked if I wan to play the next epidsode so what I am missing?

There is a setting somewhere, I just cant remember where, to turn on and off the next episode prompt.

Most Valued Poster

@CoreyD wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

There is a setting somewhere, I just cant remember where, to turn on and off the next episode prompt.

I think I remember seeing that settting so I will look for it...thanks!

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

I think I remember seeing that settting so I will look for it...thanks!

Comcast Labs - Autoplay next episode.

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

xre 1.62.01 fixed this problem.

Regular Contributor

I have 1.62.01 and I still have the "play the next episode" bug.

Who do I have to pay to get this fixed?  (ha...)

Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

what bug is this?

Regular Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

what bug is this?

When an episode in a series ends, if you say yes when it asks you if you want to play the next episode, it just hangs the whole system.

(Probably related to the autoplay next episode rollout, but that's just a guess.)

Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

what bug is this?

When an episode in a series ends, if you say yes when it asks you if you want to play the next episode, it just hangs the whole system.

(Probably related to the autoplay next episode rollout, but that's just a guess.)

that sounds frustrating. would love to hear andrew's input on that or another comcast rep!

Regular Contributor

That bug is probably an STB bug and that's why the new XRE version doesn't fix it.
Diamond Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

what bug is this?

Send a PM to ComcastNeal with what you are seeing.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@CoreyD wrote:
That bug is probably an STB bug and that's why the new XRE version doesn't fix it.

that bug doesn't hit in the situation where the 2nd to be viewed asset is still being recorded. go figure. 

the 'ghost' deleted item still showing and displaying when selected "your DVR service is not available right now. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and should have your recordings ready soon' with no error message. ... is stll there too (multiple DVRs issue maybe?

Regular Contributor

@CoreyD wrote:

I don't really know what that means, but it makes sense, since I can see my STB timestamp is from Feb 3, and that's right about when it started happening.

That and the "pressing play when paused does nothing until you press it twice" bug both started around the same time.

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

that bug doesn't hit in the situation where the 2nd to be viewed asset is still being recorded. go figure. 

the 'ghost' deleted item still showing and displaying when selected "your DVR service is not available right now. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and should have your recordings ready soon' with no error message. ... is stll there too (multiple DVRs issue maybe?

I have had the ghost delete much less frequently lately, but still have it.  And only have one DVR.

Expert

@tctc wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

I don't really know what that means, but it makes sense, since I can see my STB timestamp is from Feb 3, and that's right about when it started happening.

That and the "pressing play when paused does nothing until you press it twice" bug both started around the same time.

i don't have that issue with XRE 1.62.01 and firmware 2.2p7s1 on arris equipment (3 DVRs)

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

I have had the ghost delete much less frequently lately, but still have it.  And only have one DVR.

One DVR and same ghost delete still alive and kicking. Thanks for posting the entire error message! Its a misleading error message because when the message displays the DVR service  is working just fine other than trying to delete a program. They need to change the darn message to only relate to the deletion issue.

Most Valued Poster

I don't understand how with 1.62 some see the 'next episode' bug fixed and others do not? Its either fixed or its not.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

I don't understand how with 1.62 some see the 'next episode' bug fixed and others do not? Its either fixed or its not.

I do.  Like I said, that bug is probably in the STB firmware and not the XRE ui software.  I believe that one of Comcast's biggest problems is that they have multiple box models out there and they are having a hard time getting the firmware to play nice across the board.  They should have a dedicated firmware version for each model, but I don't know if that's what they're doing.

Most Valued Poster

@CoreyD wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I do.  Like I said, that bug is probably in the STB firmware and not the XRE ui software.  I believe that one of Comcast's biggest problems is that they have multiple box models out there and they are having a hard time getting the firmware to play nice across the board.  They should have a dedicated firmware version for each model, but I don't know if that's what they're doing.

I agree with you  and having different models makes it so hard to help each other (since we sem to do a lot of that vs Comcast helping us) when we have problems due to the STB model. Can't rely on any update to the software because what works for some doesn't work for all and NOT just on this particular issue.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

One of my X1 boxes keeps restarting itself every five minutes. I have tried all the standard troublshooting stratigies and nothing works. I have two other secondary boxes, though neither of them is suffering from this problem. I have also switched the location of the box throughout my house and it still restarts. Is there anything that I can do to fix this or should the box just be replaced?

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Just a user here.  I would give up and replace it.  I have replaced several of mine for newer boxes and I only returned the box, keeping all the cables and remotes.  The replacements came packaged with everything.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

X1 Box: Should I output at 720p or 1080p?

Hi there,

I am not the greatest at understanding HDTV upscaling and etc... I have a pretty decent VIZIO smart TV (49in?) with decent HD capabilities, but I currently do not subscribe to HD channels.

I just recently swapped out my old motorola box for the new fancy pants X1 box (it is pretty legit, I might add).

However, I recently got the "this resolution not supported" message while flipping on my TV. I did some reading up and what I have gotten out of it is that I need to switch my output resolution from 720 to 1080? Well, I did that, still got the message. Turned the box off to back on, and the message disappears - thus, it is intermittent. I can't tell what looks better, keeping it at 720 or 1080.

My question is, since I do not have HD channels, what do I need to swtich my output to on my X1 Box for best picture with my SD channels? I almost feel like it looks fuzzier with 1080 output. Either way, I need whats best without getting that "unsupported resolution" message.

Any Help/Explanation? I'm a bit of a DIY gal, I'd rather find answers than just have someone do it for me.

Thanks

RT

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Box: Should I output at 720p or 1080p?

If you do not have HD, set the resolution at 480i.

Gold Problem Solver

Sorry but I cannot imagine why you would not be willing to pay for HD channels.

HD is the norm. SD is a dinosuar. Ultra HD is coming soon and will be the norm by the end of this year.

Unless you are willing to pay for HD channels you may need to get used to "fuzzy" picture quality.

@rubietuesdayt wrote:

Hi there,

I am not the greatest at understanding HDTV upscaling and etc... I have a pretty decent VIZIO smart TV (49in?) with decent HD capabilities, but I currently do not subscribe to HD channels.

I just recently swapped out my old motorola box for the new fancy pants X1 box (it is pretty legit, I might add).

However, I recently got the "this resolution not supported" message while flipping on my TV. I did some reading up and what I have gotten out of it is that I need to switch my output resolution from 720 to 1080? Well, I did that, still got the message. Turned the box off to back on, and the message disappears - thus, it is intermittent. I can't tell what looks better, keeping it at 720 or 1080.

My question is, since I do not have HD channels, what do I need to swtich my output to on my X1 Box for best picture with my SD channels? I almost feel like it looks fuzzier with 1080 output. Either way, I need whats best without getting that "unsupported resolution" message.

Any Help/Explanation? I'm a bit of a DIY gal, I'd rather find answers than just have someone do it for me.

Thanks

RT

Gold Problem Solver

How do you have your TV and X1 box connected? What source are you using on your TV that allows you to see the image coming from your X1 box???

@rubietuesdayt wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks

RT

Frequent Visitor

Rick,

I am a struggling college student that will cut out any expenses necessary - hopefully that clears up your lack of "understanding" as to why I do not get HD channels... Guess I am watching "dinosaur" TV.

Also, the picture is not fuzzy. I simply want the best picture possible given my options.

To answer your question, my X1 box is hooked up via HDMI cord.

RT

Gold Problem Solver

Please provide the exact model number of your TV so I can look up the spec sheet on it.

Also, what "source" are you selecting on your TV in order to see a picture. Do you know for sure that you are viewing the HDMI connection (which should be the best picture).

If you are using an HDMI coneection and your TV is correctly set to that source you may be getting the best picture you are going to get. Most of today's HDTV sets just don't look very good on SD channels...

@rubietuesdayt wrote:

Rick,

I am a struggling college student that will cut out any expenses necessary - hopefully that clears up your lack of "understanding" as to why I do not get HD channels... Guess I am watching "dinosaur" TV.

Also, the picture is not fuzzy. I simply want the best picture possible given my options.

To answer your question, my X1 box is hooked up via HDMI cord.

RT

Frequent Visitor

My model is a 48" Vizio E480i-B2

I am using my source as the HDMI source, cable input to the X1 box, output to tv using a cable splitter that also goes to the modem.