Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

 


@TerriB wrote:

@Ryancrice wrote:

_

Cross posting from another thread to in here for hopefully more exposure.  Strange issue with Vertical image placement:

 

nYMVyx4

 

If you look at the image there is a black bar at the top, but also about 2 rows of pixels above that.  The pixels above the black bar actually belong to the bottom of the image.  So the Vertical placment on screen is incorrect.  Output does not matter (720,1080), Zoom is not set.  Cable and input on TV/Receiver does not matter.  Another forum member is experiencing the same issue (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Channels-are-not-all-at-the-same-screen-position/td-p/2690566).  This is random, and not always the same channel or programming.  Restarting the box does not help.  Some programs work fine OnDemand but on DVR have the issue.  Exact same program.  Sometimes one channel is fine, other times the same channel has the issue.

 

Any ideas?  Issue is only present in video, not in screen savers or menus.


When I first turn on my tv I get a line of pixels at the top of the screen that kind of blinks but it goes away rather quickly. I decided I was not to mention it on the forums and then I saw your post. With all the X1 issues I have am not going to worry over this one unless it gets bigger or stays longer...lol.


My black bar and line of pixels remains throughout, it never changes or goes away unfortunately, so it detracts from the viewing experience Smiley Sad

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

What TV are you using? (Make, model)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues



it is easy to clear (just put in power save mode for a second or two) and the ghost listings go away. with fw 2.2p5 and xre server 1.60.04 2/2/2016 new problem: intermittent full loss of communication and status with other DVRs in home. Same reset fixed it wish I had checked the MoCA table before resetting it. To me it looked like the box had lost MoCA mesh connection.


 

the problem with stuck popover windows still happens. I was watching a recorded asset and pressed record button instead of fast forward. stupidly, the menu asks if i want to record just this episode (while watching the episode days later) and would not dismiss. used the same powersave on/off to reset the screen. wonder if anyone is even working on the problem. 2.2p5s3 and 1.60.04 (2/2/2016) still.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I had it yesterday.  Same versions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@RobertWy wrote:

I had it yesterday.  Same versions.


Hi.  We have a fix in hand for the "stuck info bar" issue and you'll see that update soon.  Thanks for reporting it!


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

X1 is a very independable service,  I continue to get situations with the picture freezing and then have tp reboot at least twice to get it back.  Each reboot takes a long time and most times once does not do it.  The features are grat when the service works in a dependable way.

 

I am lookin at the " something's nto guite right " screen now  For sure since I have no service.

 

I have also had comcast try to upgrade the modem a couple of times nut in each case when the tech arrives, they say I am better off to stay as is sins it is working and there habve been problems with the new modem

 

What a way to almost do business   Oh for FIOS

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

My suggestion is to schedule a Comcast tech visit.

 

1-877-896-8678

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

1.60.05 2/10/2016 and 2.2p5s3

 

the consecutive show recording bug (2nd one records an hour early - i'm in central zone) bug is still present Had been a while since it happened thought it was squashed.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


1.60.05 2/10 and fw 2.2p7s1

 

still have ghost listing of a recorded asset after deletion (intermittent). no joy on that issue with new xre and new firmware.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

HELP!!!!! I have the X1 system and my second box won't connect. Everything is wired up correctly
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Tylerj232 wrote:
HELP!!!!! I have the X1 system and my second box won't connect. Everything is wired up correctly

1.  Are you sure the cable outlet is LIVE?

2.  WHat is rthe model # of the box not connecting?

3.  Can you swap locations to see if the outlet is live and you are able to activate the box?


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Tylerj232 wrote:
HELP!!!!! I have the X1 system and my second box won't connect. Everything is wired up correctly

There was a Comcast outage earlier today.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

What happened to the shuffle feature? The shuffle feature for on demand and recorded programs alike disappeared about a week ago and has not reappeared. It has also gone missing from the Comcast labs menu. This is a problem for me. Call me a horrible parent but every once and a while, I need Disney Junior to entertain the kids for me. Shuffle play facilitated this and no, the Playlist feature does not fill this void. Please tell the childless geek who removed this feature to put it back... for my sanity. That is all.
Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Hi.  We have removed the need to turn on or off in Comcast Labs menus.  It is now only appear on music artists pages, and in Kids Zone.  If you'd like to use it for your kids, please enter Kids Zone and you'll see the feature there!  Thanks!


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Thanks for the info.
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Why am I now being prompted to enter the parental control pin to access the sports app?
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Rustyben wrote:

1.60.05 2/10 and fw 2.2p7s1

 

still have ghost listing of a recorded asset after deletion (intermittent). no joy on that issue with new xre and new firmware.


add to that issue still have the intermittent scheduled consecutive programs recorded on same channel record the earlier show two times (both have one minute added to end). I previously researched this issue using my 3 DVRs and it was recorded on a previous check on any two of the DVRs not one particular DVR (tested by unplugging one DVR and seeing if the recording(s) disappeared from the other STB's asset listings.

 

edit: cloud DVR has the correct recordings.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Another new bug.

When paused, pressing play does nothing at all a significant portion of the time.  2nd press resumes play.

(This is in addition to the, "when paused, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow" bug.)

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues


Did some testing and I can't verify this issue. Workin fine here in the Twin Cities...



@tctc wrote:

Another new bug.

When paused, pressing play does nothing at all a significant portion of the time.  2nd press resumes play.

(This is in addition to the, "when paused, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow" bug.)





Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Rick,

 

What software/firmware were you using when testing?  I used the "C" button and I didn't get a prompt.

 

1.60.05 and 2.2p7s1

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@tctc wrote:

Another new bug.

When paused, pressing play does nothing at all a significant portion of the time.  2nd press resumes play.

(This is in addition to the, "when paused, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow" bug.)


tctc, just noticed that new bug too as well as the other one you mentioned. The remote has a mind of its own. Also...assets still will not delete except overnight.

 

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@RickGr4 wrote:


Did some testing and I can't verify this issue. Workin fine here in the Twin Cities...



@tctc wrote:

Another new bug.

When paused, pressing play does nothing at all a significant portion of the time.  2nd press resumes play.

(This is in addition to the, "when paused, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow" bug.)






Verified in Northern Virginia

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I'm assuming you were referencing my issue with the sports app. It does prompt me for the pin when pressing "C" on the remote. It does not prompt for the pin after turning off parental controls. I do not have feature locks enabled. Software versions listed in the attachment. Screenshot is from the Xi3 but the DVR has the same issue. Posting from Utah.
1455901940273-496590443.jpg
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

got 1.61.04 2/17/2016 this morning. no menu changes nor function changes noted so far. fw still 2.2p7s1

 

based on issues on 'C' button (I don't watch much sports) i get a side menu to right of main picture says in blue "Please give us a moment. We're building schedules and tracking scores. Press Exit to close this app and try again in a few minutes. APPS-04153. After 10 minutes decided to do post as it never 'updated'



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

@Haddy117 wrote:
I'm assuming you were referencing my issue with the sports app. It does prompt me for the pin when pressing "C" on the remote. It does not prompt for the pin after turning off parental controls. I do not have feature locks enabled. Software versions listed in the attachment. Screenshot is from the Xi3 but the DVR has the same issue. Posting from Utah.

Speaking of the "C" button problem, which I find hard to believe hasn't been corrected yet, check out the following thread when you have time:

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Why-is-PIN-required-to-watch-old-TCM-movies/td-p/2701731

 

My guess is, if you have Parental Controls turned on and the "Control Panel" enabled in Settings / Comcast Labs, that when you press the left arrow button to display the Control Panel, and then select "Tips and Tricks", you'll be prompted for your PIN here as well.  I guess the trick is on us.

 

Am unsure if any of this is related to the TCM issue I refer to in the thread's subject, but very well might be.  I'm now being prompted for my PIN whenever I tune the STB to a decades old black and white movie on TCMHD that's rated TVG or TVPG.

 

My penance, I suppose, for having "Adult" movies locked in Parental Controls. 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Anon24542 wrote:
@Haddy117 wrote:
I'm assuming you were referencing my issue with the sports app. It does prompt me for the pin when pressing "C" on the remote. It does not prompt for the pin after turning off parental controls. I do not have feature locks enabled. Software versions listed in the attachment. Screenshot is from the Xi3 but the DVR has the same issue. Posting from Utah.

Speaking of the "C" button problem, which I find hard to believe hasn't been corrected yet, check out the following thread when you have time:

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Why-is-PIN-required-to-watch-old-TCM-movies/td-p/2701731

 

My guess is, if you have Parental Controls turned on and the "Control Panel" enabled in Settings / Comcast Labs, that when you press the left arrow button to display the Control Panel, and then select "Tips and Tricks", you'll be prompted for your PIN here as well.  I guess the trick is on us.

 

Am unsure if any of this is related to the TCM issue I refer to in the thread's subject, but very well might be.  I'm now being prompted for my PIN whenever I tune the STB to a decades old black and white movie on TCMHD that's rated TVG or TVPG.

 

My penance, I suppose, for having "Adult" movies locked in Parental Controls. 


Update: it appears that if Parental Control PIN is set to On, many of the "Apps" will not launch without first entering your PIN.  This includes not only the Sports app, but also Pandora, My Account, etc.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@RobertWy wrote:

Rick,

 

What software/firmware were you using when testing?  I used the "C" button and I didn't get a prompt.

 

1.60.05 and 2.2p7s1


Robert, if your question was meant for me, my vitals are 1.60.05 and 2.2p7s3 ... let me know if you need any of the other numbers.  Note that it's not just pressing the "C" button, it's accessing the Sports app, Pandora, My Account, etc. in any way.  PIN is required whenever Parental Controls PIN setting is On.

 

Rick S.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I have those versions and I don't have the issue.  Strange.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@RobertWy wrote:

I have those versions and I don't have the issue.  Strange.


Hmmm, I thought you were at 2.2p7s1 ... I'm at 2.2p7s3

New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Xfinity x1 has been nothing but problems. When it works, its great but good luck keeping equipment eorking properly. Be prepared for reboots daily. Wifi modem has been swapped out. HD channels work somrtimes. Im sick of calling for help. Rdk-03004, xre- 03095..........always an error. Why have an HD tv if every time i go to an HD channel, i have to call costumer dupport. Reboots take 15 to 50 min. Thid equipment is terrible
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@jhawk305 wrote:
Xfinity x1 has been nothing but problems. When it works, its great but good luck keeping equipment eorking properly. Be prepared for reboots daily. Wifi modem has been swapped out. HD channels work somrtimes. Im sick of calling for help. Rdk-03004, xre- 03095..........always an error. Why have an HD tv if every time i go to an HD channel, i have to call costumer dupport. Reboots take 15 to 50 min. Thid equipment is terrible

Both of your boxes and modem have signal issues. It's not the equipment, it's how your cable is configured. Do you happen to have an amplifier?


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Anon24542 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I have those versions and I don't have the issue.  Strange.


Hmmm, I thought you were at 2.2p7s1 ... I'm at 2.2p7s3


Yep,  You are right.  I didn't double check before I posted.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Here's another new techinical issue.  Not sure what it is exactly, and neither is Comcast, so I'm going to classify it as "X1 just doesn't work about 10% of the time".

 

Apparently I'm missing a good game tonight, because of course my X1 was not working and didn't record it.  I'm sure Comcast will refund me $1.50 for the time it was down.

Restarted the box, got things working again, but recording refuses to start.  Said it was starting the recording, but no recording shows up.  Apparently because it's already "recording in the cloud".  That great, maybe I can watch the hockey game after all, on a 13" screen with choppy signal, instead of a 60" HD tv.  Yep, that's why I pay $230 a month...

Must be nice to have a monopoly and not have to worry about quallity, integrity, or pride.

 

I can't even face calling in to complain for the 100th time.

Yes, I've had a tech out, I think 9 times now, maybe more. Everything is working as it's supposed to, great specs, etc..

Had my DVR replaced a couple weeks ago as well, no change, knew there wouldn't be.

 

But of course instead of continiung to work on a ticket I had open, they could do nothing until after the DVR was replaced.  Then once it was replaced, they closed the ticket.  Thanks, that really helped, good job closing tickets, that's probably how your performance is measured anyway...

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@tctc wrote:

Here's another new techinical issue.  Not sure what it is exactly, and neither is Comcast, so I'm going to classify it as "X1 just doesn't work about 10% of the time".

 

Apparently I'm missing a good game tonight, because of course my X1 was not working and didn't record it.  I'm sure Comcast will refund me $1.50 for the time it was down.

Restarted the box, got things working again, but recording refuses to start.  Said it was starting the recording, but no recording shows up.  Apparently because it's already "recording in the cloud".  That great, maybe I can watch the hockey game after all, on a 13" screen with choppy signal, instead of a 60" HD tv.  Yep, that's why I pay $230 a month...

Must be nice to have a monopoly and not have to worry about quallity, integrity, or pride.

 

I can't even face calling in to complain for the 100th time.

Yes, I've had a tech out, I think 9 times now, maybe more. Everything is working as it's supposed to, great specs, etc..

Had my DVR replaced a couple weeks ago as well, no change, knew there wouldn't be.

 

But of course instead of continiung to work on a ticket I had open, they could do nothing until after the DVR was replaced.  Then once it was replaced, they closed the ticket.  Thanks, that really helped, good job closing tickets, that's probably how your performance is measured anyway...


This is just another  way Comcast is making X1 such a rewarding and technically advanced experience...their commercials say that so it must be true.  Buying a bigger better tv is what we do and then they come up with the cloud and want us to view on PC/phone/tablet screens...NO THANK YOU.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

You know that you can hook up most PCs/laptops to your BIG TV and watch that Cloud recording on a nice big screen. I can even cast my phone/tablet to my TV using a Chromecast device and watch it on the big screen.

 


@TerriB wrote:


This is just another  way Comcast is making X1 such a rewarding and technically advanced experience...their commercials say that so it must be true.  Buying a bigger better tv is what we do and then they come up with the cloud and want us to view on PC/phone/tablet screens...NO THANK YOU.


 

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

You know that you can hook up most PCs/laptops to your BIG TV and watch that Cloud recording on a nice big screen. I can even cast my phone/tablet to my TV using a Chromecast device and watch it on the big screen.

 


@TerriB wrote:


This is just another  way Comcast is making X1 such a rewarding and technically advanced experience...their commercials say that so it must be true.  Buying a bigger better tv is what we do and then they come up with the cloud and want us to view on PC/phone/tablet screens...NO THANK YOU.


 


BUT why would I do that?  Am I crazy for wanting to watch shows I have recorded using the DVR that I pay for on my TV that I paid for from the DVR  directly? The shows I record should be on the DVR and stay there in their entirery until I watch and/or delete.  I hate the cloud. It has caused more trouble than its worth.

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Why would you want to do that? Because it frees you from being tied down to the TV that is connected directly to your DVR.

 

Obviously if you record a program to your DVR you expect it to be available on your DVR. Technical problems do happen sometimes though, and the Cloud gives you a second chance to have that same program available.

 

You might hate the Cloud, but I don't think you are seeing the world of opportunities it opens up for you.

 

Here's one example for you.  You recorded a program that you thought was just great. You tell your friends about it while visiting them, but it isn't airing again. So you log onto their laptop using your Comcast account, go to the XTV web portal and find the show. You hook up their laptop to their BIG HDTV using a HDMI cable and all of you are watching the recording that you wanted to share. All courtesy of the Cloud that you hate so much. Sounds like a win to me.

 


@TerriB wrote:


BUT why would I do that?  Am I crazy for wanting to watch shows I have recorded using the DVR that I pay for on my TV that I paid for from the DVR  directly? The shows I record should be on the DVR and stay there in their entirery until I watch and/or delete.  I hate the cloud. It has caused more trouble than its worth.


 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Why would you want to do that? Because it frees you from being tied down to the TV that is connected directly to your DVR.

 

Obviously if you record a program to your DVR you expect it to be available on your DVR. Technical problems do happen sometimes though, and the Cloud gives you a second chance to have that same program available.

 

You might hate the Cloud, but I don't think you are seeing the world of opportunities it opens up for you.

 

Here's one example for you.  You recorded a program that you thought was just great. You tell your friends about it while visiting them, but it isn't airing again. So you log onto their laptop using your Comcast account, go to the XTV web portal and find the show. You hook up their laptop to their BIG HDTV using a HDMI cable and all of you are watching the recording that you wanted to share. All courtesy of the Cloud that you hate so much. Sounds like a win to me.

 


@TerriB wrote:


BUT why would I do that?  Am I crazy for wanting to watch shows I have recorded using the DVR that I pay for on my TV that I paid for from the DVR  directly? The shows I record should be on the DVR and stay there in their entirery until I watch and/or delete.  I hate the cloud. It has caused more trouble than its worth.


 


IF the internet is working smoothly enough, that's a decent option.  Otherwise it's just one more frustrating experience.

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Why would you want to do that? Because it frees you from being tied down to the TV that is connected directly to your DVR.

 

Obviously if you record a program to your DVR you expect it to be available on your DVR. Technical problems do happen sometimes though, and the Cloud gives you a second chance to have that same program available.

 

You might hate the Cloud, but I don't think you are seeing the world of opportunities it opens up for you.

 

Here's one example for you.  You recorded a program that you thought was just great. You tell your friends about it while visiting them, but it isn't airing again. So you log onto their laptop using your Comcast account, go to the XTV web portal and find the show. You hook up their laptop to their BIG HDTV using a HDMI cable and all of you are watching the recording that you wanted to share. All courtesy of the Cloud that you hate so much. Sounds like a win to me.

 


@TerriB wrote:


BUT why would I do that?  Am I crazy for wanting to watch shows I have recorded using the DVR that I pay for on my TV that I paid for from the DVR  directly? The shows I record should be on the DVR and stay there in their entirery until I watch and/or delete.  I hate the cloud. It has caused more trouble than its worth.


 


My goodness, I  love my friends but that is a lot of rigamaroll to go thru to share something with them. I am no ones cable show archiver.   Can't even 'save' a show for myself or family member that has already started thanks to the darn cloud taking away the recording buffer.

 

Frees me from being tied down to my TV and DVR? Why do you think I have them? In the old days when I traveled alot for business I can see the usefullness of the cloud while on the road, in airports, hotels but why are those of us who worked all our lives and  are retired  and just want to watch cable and recordings on the TV being punished? The cloud has taken functionality away.  Comcast is all about the non baby boomers' needs obviously. We baby boomers ARE NOT DEAD YET.

 

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I watch over 80% of my recorded content through the Cloud, bypassing my physical DVR. I would say I have over a 95% success rate when doing that. Yes, sometimes some technical issues prop up, but sometimes there are issues using the physical DVR (just like you stated).

 

If you are having regular problems with the internet "working smoothly enough", then I would say you need to contact Comcast and figure out why your modem is having issues. Sounds like some kind of poor signal.

 


@tctc wrote:


IF the internet is working smoothly enough, that's a decent option.  Otherwise it's just one more frustrating experience.


 

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

The only reason I responded to this thread is because you originally stated that "they come up with the cloud and want us to view on PC/phone/tablet screens". I wanted to clarify that Cloud TV does not have to be viewed on a tiny screen.

 

You can continue to keep your head in the sand and your body shackled to your DVR, and not embrace the many benefits of Cloud TV, just because it doesn't work for your lifestyle. I wasn't here to address the loss of the recording buffer.

 

I also don't believe this is the proper thread to be discussing this issue anymore. Maybe you should create a "Why the Cloud DVR is Horrible and Should be Removed" thread, where this discussion can continue. I don't believe the majority of comments would be in favor of that, judging by how many people write threads asking when will Cloud DVR be available in their markets, and by the amount of complaints that occur when Cloud DVR has issues. Welcome to the future.

 


@TerriB wrote:


My goodness, I  love my friends but that is a lot of rigamaroll to go thru to share something with them. I am no ones cable show archiver.   Can't even 'save' a show for myself or family member that has already started thanks to the darn cloud taking away the recording buffer.

 

Frees me from being tied down to my TV and DVR? Why do you think I have them? In the old days when I traveled alot for business I can see the usefullness of the cloud while on the road, in airports, hotels but why are those of us who worked all our lives and  are retired  and just want to watch cable and recordings on the TV being punished? The cloud has taken functionality away.  Comcast is all about the non baby boomers' needs obviously. We baby boomers ARE NOT DEAD YET.

 


 

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

The only reason I responded to this thread is because you originally stated that "they come up with the cloud and want us to view on PC/phone/tablet screens". I wanted to clarify that Cloud TV does not have to be viewed on a tiny screen.

 

You can continue to keep your head in the sand and your body shackled to your DVR, and not embrace the many benefits of Cloud TV, just because it doesn't work for your lifestyle. I wasn't here to address the loss of the recording buffer.

 

I also don't believe this is the proper thread to be discussing this issue anymore. Maybe you should create a "Why the Cloud DVR is Horrible and Should be Removed" thread, where this discussion can continue. I don't believe the majority of comments would be in favor of that, judging by how many people write threads asking when will Cloud DVR be available in their markets, and by the amount of complaints that occur when Cloud DVR has issues. Welcome to the future.

 


@TerriB wrote:


My goodness, I  love my friends but that is a lot of rigamaroll to go thru to share something with them. I am no ones cable show archiver.   Can't even 'save' a show for myself or family member that has already started thanks to the darn cloud taking away the recording buffer.

 

Frees me from being tied down to my TV and DVR? Why do you think I have them? In the old days when I traveled alot for business I can see the usefullness of the cloud while on the road, in airports, hotels but why are those of us who worked all our lives and  are retired  and just want to watch cable and recordings on the TV being punished? The cloud has taken functionality away.  Comcast is all about the non baby boomers' needs obviously. We baby boomers ARE NOT DEAD YET.

 


 The Cloud comes up in many X1 threads but I will bow to you and not discuss it on this thread. I feel that you are threatening me if I  continue so this is my last transmission on this thread on the subject. I am not some newbie on these forums and have more than my share of kudos and private message thank yous.  I was a geek at work and am happy for new technology. For those who want and love the cloud I am glad its available but for the rest of us  why do we have to give up features to accomodate it? On other threads I am part of a large number of customers who find the cloud less than desirable and they are not old and stogey as you seem to think I am.  Perhaps you need to respect those who have come before you and have more life experience. We all pay alot for our service and no one should be  moved to the back of the room so others can move forward. We are all customers and sorry you felt the need to be  meanspirited with saying my head is in the sand and I shackled to my DVR. I would love to say where your head is but I won't lower myself. I have a great graphic I would love to post but I know they would take it right down.   I will not allow you to put me  under a bright light in an interrogation room. Time to go take my Geritol and get on my cane and walker....NOT.

 

Be well and have a nice day

 

 

 

Expert
Moved:

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

1.61.04 2/17/2016 and fw 2.2p7s1 on mx011an

 

new problem not seen before. 

an episode recorded during prime time and was interrupted (reboot due to 120 VAC dropping for a moment. the show continued recording about 5 minuts later as is normal and was in two segments. When I watched to the approx 3 minute point, not one but 2 windows popped up at same time, the first was the 'would you like to see the next segment (yes/no) and instantly 'you appear to have finished watching this recording would you like to delete it". I had two episodes at the time, and after answering 'no' i then got the would you like to see the next episode (yes/no). by the time I answered that 2nd popup, the timer for the 'next segment' had expired. So I tried again got same messages. I then marked it as unwatched still same problem. I had to really work to answer the questions quickly before the next segment view disappeared. 

 

help!



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

My tv no longer recognizes the HDMI signal from the X1 box.  I've swapped out to different HDMI cables, tried other HDMI ports, other HDMI devices, and reset things about a million times.  The closest I can get is if I do a hard reboot on the X1 box, I get the initial message that says "Welcome to the X1 Entertainment System.  Please wait a few minutes while the system powers up."  About 15 seconds later, as the X1 box continues to go through the startup, the HDMI signal drops and my tv says "No Signal."  I've replaced my X1 box twice already and am at a loss as to what to try next.  In the meantime, I'm using a component hookup to get some signal.  If I unplug the HDMI cord from my tv and plug it back in, my TV says that I've attached a new device and did I want to switch to that input.  So the tv is recognizing part of the HDMI hookup, but it won't complete for some reason.  Please help.

 

I have an LG LCD flat screen tv, probably around 4 years old and an X1 box with a blue power button. .

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

My suggestion is you take your X1 box to your Comcast store and swap it for a new one.  It's a free swap and you only have to bring them the box.  They will give you a new one with all the cables and a new XR11 remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I've actually done that twice already...once with a technician visit to my place and another one I took to my local Comcast store and swapped it out for a different X1 model.  Hasn't fixed the issue so far,.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@Rustyben wrote:

1.61.04 2/17/2016 and fw 2.2p7s1 on mx011an

 

new problem not seen before. 

an episode recorded during prime time and was interrupted (reboot due to 120 VAC dropping for a moment. the show continued recording about 5 minuts later as is normal and was in two segments. When I watched to the approx 3 minute point, not one but 2 windows popped up at same time, the first was the 'would you like to see the next segment (yes/no) and instantly 'you appear to have finished watching this recording would you like to delete it". I had two episodes at the time, and after answering 'no' i then got the would you like to see the next episode (yes/no). by the time I answered that 2nd popup, the timer for the 'next segment' had expired. So I tried again got same messages. I then marked it as unwatched still same problem. I had to really work to answer the questions quickly before the next segment view disappeared. 

 

help!


I had similar problem a few weeks ago. Unfortunately in my case the "'you appear to have finished watching this recording would you like to delete it  ?" message was on top of the continue to watch the next segment message and I could not  get to the next part of the recording no matter what I tried. So, my show was left hanging with me unable to watch the end.  The last month or so has been very poor reliability wise for X1.

 

1. 10 minutes of the Superbowl lost to stupid "Channel available with subscription" message. At least six of these in the last 2 months. I am totally paid up so what is going on ?

 

2. Slow/no response from the box for almost everything. Movie guide, channel guide, weather.

 

3. DVR service unavailable, orphaned recording you can't delete/restore. They eventually delete but what a pain.

 

All of this contrasted with commercials touting the wonderful X1 system on TV. What a joke, but not funny. I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend X1 to anybody at this time. I can't help but feel Comcast has painted themselves into a corner with the X1 system and is afraid to admit it. The facts speak for themselves. Still, slow, frustrating, unreliable and irritating. 2 years of endless software upgrades and we still have a buggy/freezing/slow system that doesn't work right.

 

Comcast should rename X1 the MAYBE TV system.

 

1. Watch simple TV. MAYBE.

2. Watch a recorded show. MAYBE

3. Peruse the Movies guide. MAYBE

4. Delete a recorded show.MAYBE

5. Change the channel. MAYBE

6. Watch a channel you are authorized to watch. MAYBE

7. Check the local weather. MAYBE

8 Expect the remote to comunicate with the box without lagging 10 or 20 seconds before the box does something. MAYBE

 

Expect Comcast to finally fix the X! system or go to a system that works, makes the customers happy and is an improvement on the old pre X1 system........

 

 

 

MAYBE

 

 

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates