Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@sotokai wrote:
I have been having the same issues since comcast forced this X1 box on us. If it were at all possible I would love to get the older more reliable box back. Get tired on constantly having to reset these boxes and the lag is annoying as well. When the tech installed my box he made it seem like this great device, I'm not impressed at all. I spend more time watching tv next door on my friend's Direct TV if I want to watch something without it being interrupted. It cost mt having to bring something to express my thanks, but well worth it. Done with comcast when my contract is up. I have called to ask for help but get the usual "un-plug this, Check that" don't you think I do all this before I call? I've been a loyal customer for almost 10 years and this is the treatment I get.

 

As Rusty stated, you are having signal issues.  Call back into Comcast and demand a TECH visit to diagnose and repair your signal deficiencies ( outside infrastructure and/or inside cable wiriing/connectors/splitters ) can be causing this.   And remember, not all Tech's are equal..as with everything some are better than others when it comes to the X1 platform and it's "almost" pristine signal levels as compared to legacy.

 

 



The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

 

 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I haven't seen any issues myself on 2.1p8s1 but the issues Rusty is seeing seem more like XRE application issues, not the underlying system
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

1.57.07 10/11/2015  fw 2.1p6s1

 

OK! that's a new one. 9:55pm finished watching an asset and ready to fast forward review 'hannity' (9pm) not in recordings>saved not in >for you.  quickly checked saved>>scheduled and there it is; highlighted and pressed ok and look at that! a "Watch" option. selected and it worked. 

 

The UI is getting stranger and stranger. 


 

Rusty,

 

2.1p8s1 is being rolled out at this time.....  Once you receive it, check to see if it solves any of your previously reported issues.

 

-=Ray=-

 


I had this same issue 2 weeks ago on a Sunday night. All shows looked like they did not record that night. No red light and not in my recordings. On Monday morning after the nightly reboot, they were there. Lets' see if 2.1p8s1 fixes this.
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

1.57.07 10/11/2015  fw 2.1p6s1

 

cloud DVR on 'busy' nights where sometimes due to 'one minute extensions' doubles number of shows being recorded for a minute or so doesn't record some random assets that the DVR records (3 DVRs) I'm beginning to think that the cloud DVR is not keyed in on scheduled series programs that it should record up to (3 DVRs * 6 channels) 18 channels at one time. I can record 18 'hot' recordings and they are all 'on' the cloud DVR, problem seems to be with the scheduler and some kind of 'limit'. When I looked it appears the lowest prioroty show didn't record on cloud DVR. can't figure out 'how' to report this other than 'intermittent' cloud DVR fails to record asset.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

158.02  1.58.02 10/19  fw 2.16p6s1 mx011an

 

anyone lose last button function (no results?) xFinity>>recordings>>for you.... has last watched still. 

 

rebooted early this afternoon.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Rustyben wrote:

158.02  1.58.02 10/19  fw 2.16p6s1 mx011an

 

anyone lose last button function (no results?) xFinity>>recordings>>for you.... has last watched still. 

 

rebooted early this afternoon.


9:00 AM central time suddenly the last button had data (one new) items again. 

 

note that the ghost assets problem remaining on the recorded list is still there (delete but still appears, and get a generic text "your dvr service is not available right now. we are working to restore..." msg without an error still appears where the show info would be. so no fix for that issue with this xre version.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Update request.  Please make the X1 DVR better than my 1978 VCR.

 

 

X1 DVR vs VCR

 

Record the buffer of a program in progress. = Tie

X1 - Fail

VCR - Fail

 

Slow motion. = VCR Wins

X1 - sort of slow motion, forward only - Fail

VCR - forward and reverse, reduced quality - Pass

 

Frame by frame advance. = VCR Wins

X1 - partial forward - Fail

VCR - forward and reverse, so so quality - Pass

 

Navigate from pause to play to RW to FF. = VCR Wins

X1 - Play and Pause are the same button, slow response - Fail

VCR - Separate buttons, slow response - Pass

 

Ability to control RW and FF. = Tie  (but VCR was better for watching sports, as rewinding back a couple seconds actually worked)

X1 - Good for high speeds, does a good job of starting to play at the point of button press. Slow fast forward is rarely smooth.  Small amount of rewind is completely unpredictable - Fail     

(A short, second or 2 rewind can cause 1. nothing at all  2. nothing, but it seems to rewind, shows previous scenes, then play starts at exact same spot  3. rewinds back much farther than expected)

VCR - less speed options, very fast not an option. small amount of rewind works fine - Fail

 

Skip forward or backward. = X1 Wins

X1 - good skip forward or back capability.  Would be great to have more options (and not have to override/lose other options) - Pass

VCR - NA- Fail

 

Content available during outage. = VCR Wins

X1 - no - Fail

VCR - yes - Pass

 

Restart content where last left off. = VCR Wins

X1 - sometimes - Fail

VCR - yes - Pass

 

Skip back to the beginning of content. = X1 Wins

X1 - yes - Pass

VCR - no - Fail

 

 

Complicated Mathematical Summary of Findings:   X1 DVR < < VCR

New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

no picture, no sound, checked all connections & Comcast chat said they re set top box & referred me to you

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Call Comcast and schedule a tech visit.

 

That's what I would do.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@smiluzzo wrote:

no picture, no sound, checked all connections & Comcast chat said they re set top box & referred me to you


877-896-8678



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

1.58.02 fw mx011an 2.1p8s1

 

LAST list issues

 

ok with firmware update now the 'last' is having update issues. If you restart a playback asset, finish it, and delete it (D button) the asset is shown as deleted but the last screen pops up after delete and 'there' is the same show you just watched marked as watched. select and it plays. hit Exit, then Last and the entry is removed. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

1.58.02 fw mx011an 2.1p8s1

 

XR11 RF paired, shows 10% battery but works fine, ampprobe battery tester shows middle of green area on both batteries.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I hit reply and posted my VCR comparison while I was in the "Upcoming X1 Updates" forum, looking at the October updates, but now I'm seeing my post seems to be in the "X1 Technical Issues" forum.  I went into the Technical issues forum, and hit reply, creating this post, and if I look at the top of my screen I see 

Comcast Help and Support Forums > XFINITY TV > X1 > Re: Upcoming X1 Updates > Reply to Message

 

So I have no idea where I'm posting to at this point.

 

Recently my occurence of "bad clicks" has increased (is that a technical issue?).

 

When paused, approx. 1 in every 4 times, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow.

Pressing Play then Pause quickly does not pause and just continues playing about 1 in 3 times.

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@tctc wrote:

I hit reply and posted my VCR comparison while I was in the "Upcoming X1 Updates" forum, looking at the October updates, but now I'm seeing my post seems to be in the "X1 Technical Issues" forum.  I went into the Technical issues forum, and hit reply, creating this post, and if I look at the top of my screen I see 

Comcast Help and Support Forums > XFINITY TV > X1 > Re: Upcoming X1 Updates > Reply to Message

 

So I have no idea where I'm posting to at this point.

 

Recently my occurence of "bad clicks" has increased (is that a technical issue?).

 

When paused, approx. 1 in every 4 times, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow.

Pressing Play then Pause quickly does not pause and just continues playing about 1 in 3 times.


when you press the play/pause button does the LED on the remote blink red or green? If red, youmight want to set up an RF connection to help button presses be recognized. 

 

the 1/2 speed slow motion is available after hitting play/pause and when paused, press forward one time. to resume play hit play.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@Rustyben wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I hit reply and posted my VCR comparison while I was in the "Upcoming X1 Updates" forum, looking at the October updates, but now I'm seeing my post seems to be in the "X1 Technical Issues" forum.  I went into the Technical issues forum, and hit reply, creating this post, and if I look at the top of my screen I see 

Comcast Help and Support Forums > XFINITY TV > X1 > Re: Upcoming X1 Updates > Reply to Message

 

So I have no idea where I'm posting to at this point.

 

Recently my occurence of "bad clicks" has increased (is that a technical issue?).

 

When paused, approx. 1 in every 4 times, pressing forward goes to fast forward instead of slow.

Pressing Play then Pause quickly does not pause and just continues playing about 1 in 3 times.


when you press the play/pause button does the LED on the remote blink red or green? If red, youmight want to set up an RF connection to help button presses be recognized. 

 

the 1/2 speed slow motion is available after hitting play/pause and when paused, press forward one time. to resume play hit play.


Thanks for the reply Rustyben

 

For the 1/2 speed slow motion, I do hit forward one time when paused.  And that successfully starts slow motion about 4 out of every 5 times, the other time it goes from pause to fast forward (this only started happening in the last month or so).

 

For the missed clicks, I'm using RF, and my remote always blinks green.

 

 

I guess I should update my X1 vs VCR post to include:

Remote ease of use = Tie

X1 - don't have to aim at the box, unless you want it to work all the time, then use IR

VCR - have to aim at the box

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 feedback from audio system

  I switched to X1 boxes about 11 months ago.  11 months of nothing but aggravation.  It was a huge mistake.  They turn off and "update" every night, a lot of times in the middle of your show. These boxes are terrible and cannot even compare to older silver or black HD boxes and DVRs.  The menus are even worse slow, the channel searches are very meticulous and I am going to see about switching back.  DO NOT switch to X1 platform.  Horrible.  

  Then on top of everything comcast now wants to reduce our internet access like we are on cell phone services and charge per gig.  If this is not greed I dont know what is.  

  Oh, and by the way I have been a comcast customer for over 30 years, not to mention in case they dont inform you, speeds are not guaranteed on their own rented equipment of wireless services for your home.  They only guarantee "wired" speed.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 feedback from audio system


@hschneider wrote:

  I switched to X1 boxes about 11 months ago.  11 months of nothing but aggravation.  It was a huge mistake.  They turn off and "update" every night, a lot of times in the middle of your show. These boxes are terrible and cannot even compare to older silver or black HD boxes and DVRs.  The menus are even worse slow, the channel searches are very meticulous and I am going to see about switching back.  DO NOT switch to X1 platform.  Horrible.  

  Then on top of everything comcast now wants to reduce our internet access like we are on cell phone services and charge per gig.  If this is not greed I dont know what is.  

  Oh, and by the way I have been a comcast customer for over 30 years, not to mention in case they dont inform you, speeds are not guaranteed on their own rented equipment of wireless services for your home.  They only guarantee "wired" speed.


welcome to jell, with an h

 

i just spent that last 3 hours fighting the x1 platform and dvr trying to watch monday night football that i recorded, to no avail...

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Started watching MNF recording, took a break after 20 min., went back, but of course resume started the recording over.  FF to the correct point, start watching again, take another break, resume, actually started at the correct point.  Took another break, about an hour and a half in now, resumed, started at the beginning again, more fun fast forwarding.

Not much time left, Ravens with the ball, 4th and 1, and boom, there was an interruption in your recording, would you like to watch the next part, hit Yes, DVR with 3 flashing dots, nothing.

Exit, move around a bit, go back to dvr to try again, and of course it starts from the beginning.

FF through over 3 hours of content, slow to play, wait for the interrruption, hit Yes nothing.

Call support, and of course they walk me through that exact process again while on the phone, as if something different is going to happen.

Bottom line, I have Comcast only because it has a monopoly.

Anyone know what happened at the end of the game????

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Just "resumed" another show, it started at the beginning instead of where I left off.

I can also confirm that I still have the FF instead of slow after pause, bug.

1.57.07 10/11

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Hey tctc,

Please post a screen shot of your signal levels.


@tctc wrote:

Started watching MNF recording, took a break after 20 min., went back, but of course resume started the recording over.  FF to the correct point, start watching again, take another break, resume, actually started at the correct point.  Took another break, about an hour and a half in now, resumed, started at the beginning again, more fun fast forwarding.

Not much time left, Ravens with the ball, 4th and 1, and boom, there was an interruption in your recording, would you like to watch the next part, hit Yes, DVR with 3 flashing dots, nothing.

Exit, move around a bit, go back to dvr to try again, and of course it starts from the beginning.

FF through over 3 hours of content, slow to play, wait for the interrruption, hit Yes nothing.

Call support, and of course they walk me through that exact process again while on the phone, as if something different is going to happen.

Bottom line, I have Comcast only because it has a monopoly.

Anyone know what happened at the end of the game????


 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey tctc,

Please post a screen shot of your signal levels.


Is it possible to access those remotely?  Through xtv or xfinitytv somewhere?

 

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

No, unfortunately, the picture you see on your TV is where is issue is.

 

Here is one example from several I took:

 

 IMG_1513.JPG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

I want to be able to filter the guide to ONLY CHANNELS AVAILBLE IN MY PACKAGE.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests


@Stonegate_Guy wrote:

I want to be able to filter the guide to ONLY CHANNELS AVAILBLE IN MY PACKAGE.


You will have to mark all your channels as Favorite.

 

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-guide-add-a-channel-to-favorites

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Have frequent issues with our X1 setup. Will be watching TV, then for long stretches can't change the channel or do anything. The remotes work because the boxes are lighting up and I can get into diagnostics mode, but the box won't respond for normal commands. I know it has to go to the server and back, but not sure what the issue is. Techs have been out twice and "fixed" the issue with new splitter/amp and "tightening the outside connection."

 

Downstream power 7.6dBmV

Downstream snr 40.2 tenth dB

Upstream power 40.0 tenth dBmV

Expert

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests


@chrisp9446 wrote:

Have frequent issues with our X1 setup. Will be watching TV, then for long stretches can't change the channel or do anything. The remotes work because the boxes are lighting up and I can get into diagnostics mode, but the box won't respond for normal commands. I know it has to go to the server and back, but not sure what the issue is. Techs have been out twice and "fixed" the issue with new splitter/amp and "tightening the outside connection."

 

Downstream power 7.6dBmV

Downstream snr 40.2 tenth dB

Upstream power 40.0 tenth dBmV


All your numbers look like they are in the accepted ranges (listed below). 

 

I lost ability to pause for 4 minutes or so this afternoon while playing a recording, and when it started working again, checked 'about' menu and found I had a new version 1.58.03 dated 10/28/2015. I wonder if getting that change live caused the few minute long ignore of commands.

 

Upstream Transmit Power Level: 25 to 53 dBmV.
Downstream Receive Power Level: -8 to 10 dBmV.
Upstream Receive Power Level: -2 to 2 dBmV (technically should be as close to zero as possible)
Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): minimum of 35 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Individual Modem: minimum of 31 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Channel Average: minimum of 31 dB.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Rustyben wrote:

1.58.03 10/27/2015  fw mx011an 2.1p8s1

 

this version xre did not fix the deleted DVR program (hit the D button then OK at end of viewing program). It appears that the deletion does not update now until recordings menu is exited and reentered some time later. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey tctc,

Please post a screen shot of your signal levels.


@tctc wrote:

Started watching MNF recording, took a break after 20 min., went back, but of course resume started the recording over.  FF to the correct point, start watching again, take another break, resume, actually started at the correct point.  Took another break, about an hour and a half in now, resumed, started at the beginning again, more fun fast forwarding.

Not much time left, Ravens with the ball, 4th and 1, and boom, there was an interruption in your recording, would you like to watch the next part, hit Yes, DVR with 3 flashing dots, nothing.

Exit, move around a bit, go back to dvr to try again, and of course it starts from the beginning.

FF through over 3 hours of content, slow to play, wait for the interrruption, hit Yes nothing.

Call support, and of course they walk me through that exact process again while on the phone, as if something different is going to happen.

Bottom line, I have Comcast only because it has a monopoly.

Anyone know what happened at the end of the game????


 


IMG_40882.jpg

Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 feedback from audio system


@hschneider wrote:

  I switched to X1 boxes about 11 months ago.  11 months of nothing but aggravation.  It was a huge mistake.  They turn off and "update" every night, a lot of times in the middle of your show. These boxes are terrible and cannot even compare to older silver or black HD boxes and DVRs.  The menus are even worse slow, the channel searches are very meticulous and I am going to see about switching back.  DO NOT switch to X1 platform.  Horrible.  

  Then on top of everything comcast now wants to reduce our internet access like we are on cell phone services and charge per gig.  If this is not greed I dont know what is.  

  Oh, and by the way I have been a comcast customer for over 30 years, not to mention in case they dont inform you, speeds are not guaranteed on their own rented equipment of wireless services for your home.  They only guarantee "wired" speed.


What can you tell me about Comcast  reducing internet access and charging? I have never even thought about being charged based on usage. I don't have a clue how much I am using in an hour,etc. This is very upsetting news. I pay for ' Blast' level internet  in my Triple Play so when did this new twist come up? Guess I better call them before this shows up on my bill. Are they going to give a heads up and tell us how to tell how much we use on average before they stick it to us?

 

 

 

Problem Solver

Re: X1 feedback from audio system

Comcast only has data usage trials in a select number of markets right now.  See this link, Questions & Answers About Our Data Usage Plan Trials, to answer all your questions.

 


@TerriB wrote:
What can you tell me about Comcast  reducing internet access and charging? I have never even thought about being charged based on usage. I don't have a clue how much I am using in an hour,etc. This is very upsetting news. I pay for ' Blast' level internet  in my Triple Play so when did this new twist come up? Guess I better call them before this shows up on my bill. Are they going to give a heads up and tell us how to tell how much we use on average before they stick it to us?

 


 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

IMG_40882.jpg


@tctc wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey tctc,

Please post a screen shot of your signal levels.


@tctc wrote:

Started watching MNF recording, took a break after 20 min., went back, but of course resume started the recording over.  FF to the correct point, start watching again, take another break, resume, actually started at the correct point.  Took another break, about an hour and a half in now, resumed, started at the beginning again, more fun fast forwarding.

Not much time left, Ravens with the ball, 4th and 1, and boom, there was an interruption in your recording, would you like to watch the next part, hit Yes, DVR with 3 flashing dots, nothing.

Exit, move around a bit, go back to dvr to try again, and of course it starts from the beginning.

FF through over 3 hours of content, slow to play, wait for the interrruption, hit Yes nothing.

Call support, and of course they walk me through that exact process again while on the phone, as if something different is going to happen.

Bottom line, I have Comcast only because it has a monopoly.

Anyone know what happened at the end of the game????


 


IMG_40882.jpg


 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Try a .jpg.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, mine has been extended longer than an upgrade would take. It seems most common in the evening ~6p-10p (peak times), so I am wondering if there is an issue with a local server that the box has to talk to?

Expert
Moved:

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Off Topic Post Removed. Please discuss Modem Speeds in the 2 Forums provided for this.

New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

 I'm having a problem with my recently installed X1 system.  If I start recording a show, and then later (20-30 mins) start watching it, the playback fails at some point (maybe the time I started watching? Not sure) but this is consistent, so I've tried to avoid the issue by always waiting until the recording finishes before I start watching.  However, I find this annoying and inconvenient.   I have a TiVo at another home that never has this problem.

 

Is there an update that fixes this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

 

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-guide-pause-rewind-fast-forward-live-tv

 

The Comcast/xfinity site has lots of information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Sorry, but how is this help?  My issue is not pausing live programming, but starting to watch a program that is being recorded but before it has finished the recording.  Imagine I'm watching something else, but have scheduled a recording on another channel.  Assume that it is a one hour program.  Then I decide to start watching that recording after about 40 minutes of recording have completed.  At first, all is well as I'm watch the early part of the recording.  However, at some point, the playback stops and there appears to be nothing I can do about it. It is as if the action of starting to watch a recorded terminates the recording, even tho the whole program has not been recorded.  And by the time I realize, the program is over.  And even if I switch to live tv on that channel, I can't back up far enough to see the part I missed.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@Turtle671 wrote:

Sorry, but how is this help?  My issue is not pausing live programming, but starting to watch a program that is being recorded but before it has finished the recording.  Imagine I'm watching something else, but have scheduled a recording on another channel.  Assume that it is a one hour program.  Then I decide to start watching that recording after about 40 minutes of recording have completed.  At first, all is well as I'm watch the early part of the recording.  However, at some point, the playback stops and there appears to be nothing I can do about it. It is as if the action of starting to watch a recorded terminates the recording, even tho the whole program has not been recorded.  And by the time I realize, the program is over.  And even if I switch to live tv on that channel, I can't back up far enough to see the part I missed.


I have a pretty long list of issues, but have not experienced that one, and I start watching recordings before they are done all the time.  The main issue I experience in that case, is when I start watching, stop, then go back, it starts over at the beginning again.  But haven't had it completely stop on me.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Problems with my RNG150N STB that just started this morning:

  • "Last" button stopped working; I get a message stating that "This feature is not currently working".
  • Guide appears after a delay and I can navigate around in the guide, but I cannot go to any channel. Clicking on any channel does nothing.
  • In order to change channels I must either scroll through channels with the Up/Down buttons until I reach the desired channel and then press OK. Doesn’t work about half the time. Instead it puts me on a nearby channel but not the one selected.
  • I can enter a channel number using the number pad but I don’t get sent to the selected channel. Instead I am sent to what seems to be random channels. After trying a number of times I can sometimes end up on the desired channel. Often times I must find another way - or go to a different room to watch TV.
  • The "Info" button only works intermittently. Sometimes the info window pops up after a fairly long delay. Other times nothing happens at all.
  • This just started on Monday, 11/2/2015. Box has worked fine since May until then.
  • I have one X1 DVR and four other Samsung RNG150N boxes. Only this one box has done this so far.

Nothing else has changed in my house; nothing moved around this box, no other equipment added or removed. I am not seeing any similar issues on other boxes so far. (Though I haven't yet checked two boxes on the third floor).  I changed out the batteries in my remote (even though I had just changed them three weeks ago), but that didn't seem to help any. Unfortunately I didn't notice if I am now on a different software or firmware as of today.

 

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced similar issues? I did notice one other post above this one - from about a week or so ago - that mentions problems with the "Last" button behavior.

 

Thanks for any help!

 

Jim

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Sounds to me like the one box you are having problems with has an issue defective signals. All of your "symptoms" point to signal issues.

Have you learned how to test the signal levels on that particular X1 box? Are they connected to the same RF amp? In the case of X1 they need to be. Have you checked/replaced coax cables. Have you removed any unnecessary splitters?

Have you moved your X1 boxes around to see if the problem you are encountering is the box or the location???


@J-Mac wrote:

Problems with my RNG150N STB that just started this morning:

  • "Last" button stopped working; I get a message stating that "This feature is not currently working".
  • Guide appears after a delay and I can navigate around in the guide, but I cannot go to any channel. Clicking on any channel does nothing.
  • In order to change channels I must either scroll through channels with the Up/Down buttons until I reach the desired channel and then press OK. Doesn’t work about half the time. Instead it puts me on a nearby channel but not the one selected.
  • I can enter a channel number using the number pad but I don’t get sent to the selected channel. Instead I am sent to what seems to be random channels. After trying a number of times I can sometimes end up on the desired channel. Often times I must find another way - or go to a different room to watch TV.
  • The "Info" button only works intermittently. Sometimes the info window pops up after a fairly long delay. Other times nothing happens at all.
  • This just started on Monday, 11/2/2015. Box has worked fine since May until then.
  • I have one X1 DVR and four other Samsung RNG150N boxes. Only this one box has done this so far.

Nothing else has changed in my house; nothing moved around this box, no other equipment added or removed. I am not seeing any similar issues on other boxes so far. (Though I haven't yet checked two boxes on the third floor).  I changed out the batteries in my remote (even though I had just changed them three weeks ago), but that didn't seem to help any. Unfortunately I didn't notice if I am now on a different software or firmware as of today.

 

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced similar issues? I did notice one other post above this one - from about a week or so ago - that mentions problems with the "Last" button behavior.

 

Thanks for any help!

 

Jim


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me last night and tonight a number of my recordings have gone missing as well.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Rick,

 

No signal problems on the box, and yes, it's on the same amp as all the rest. Cables and connections all appear to be good - all connections properly tight. No splitters that can be removed unfortunately. (I actually had to add one last year when I upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. CC had no more gateways so they sent me a cable-only modem and instructed me to install a splitter to separate my phone and cable; still configured that way). TV only cables have only the 1->4 splitter in the outside box plus one other inside that was installed by the CC installers).

 

But.. good news anyway - all is working fine on that box now after an update was sent overnight. I can't say with certainty but I believe an update was probably sent the night before that caused the problems in the first place. Last night's update is the only change since my last post and all is working well again. Maddening!

 

Thanks!

 

Jim

Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

1.58.03 10/27/2015 fw 2.1p9s1 on mx011an arris DVR 

 

finally got p9 overnight. Still getting ghost listings after delete on saved/recordings. No XRE error message, "Your DVR service is not available right now. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and should have your recordings ready soon". This will only clear with a reboot.

 

also when starting from menu xfinity>>saved>>recordings  after hit D to delete now i'm getting the 'last' menu on screen as if I hit the "last button. See no other changes in menu that I could discover.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

Wondering if you ever got this resolved, i'm having the exact same issue and comcast wants to charge 39.95 for a tech to come check things. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

Until a tech determines the problem, you won't know of you will be charged. If the problem is hardware (boxes) you don't pay. If the problem is the lines leading up to your house, you don't pay. If the problem is the lines/wiring/connections within your house (which you own and are responsible for) you might pay. I have been a Comcast customer for over 20 years and I have never paid them a dime for repairs.

That being said, if you have multiple X1 boxes in your house and only one of them is acting up, the problem probably IS within your house.

Unless you are willing to take the chance that Comcast will charge you or you or someone you know is willing to troubleshoot the wiring/connections, how is your issue gonna get fixed?


@joseravelo wrote:

Wondering if you ever got this resolved, i'm having the exact same issue and comcast wants to charge 39.95 for a tech to come check things. 


 

Admin1

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

Hi joseravelo,

 

Were you able to get this resolved? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Hi all,  

 

I am having a problem where my video gets blocky and my audio drops.  I have dealt with it a while, but I am tired of dealing with it and want to get it fixed.  I have the X1 Pace PX001ANM, and get what I think is decent signal quality according to another thread with Download power of -4.3, Downstream SNR of 36.3, and Upstream power of 54.3.  Since my signal quality is ok, what is the recommendation of what I should do?


Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I believe you have the original Pace DVR.  I have two.  Neither exhibit your issue.

 

You probably have issues with the connection between the DVR and the Comcast plant in your area.

 

If I were you, I would schedule a visit for a Comcast tech.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 Technical Issues


@stevovfl wrote:

Hi all,  

 

I am having a problem where my video gets blocky and my audio drops.  I have dealt with it a while, but I am tired of dealing with it and want to get it fixed.  I have the X1 Pace PX001ANM, and get what I think is decent signal quality according to another thread with Download power of -4.3, Downstream SNR of 36.3, and Upstream power of 54.3.  Since my signal quality is ok, what is the recommendation of what I should do?


Thanks!


Your signal quality with an upstream of 54 is not "ok"( should be under 51). In comparison, your other bX1 box and modem are at a 46. Reduce/remove any unecessary splitters to gain both upstream and downstream signal levels and more than likely improve your service.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 mini cable box won't connect

We just received the x1 system and have the same problem. The main box works, but the 3 mini (companion) boxes get stuck on a "connecting" message or sometimes receive an error RDK10000. Does anyone have a resolution on gettting the companion boxes working?