Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

New Poster

Re: X1 Companion box will not activate - flashing lights on front of box

Companion box blue light blinking 3 times. What does that mean?

Silver Problem Solver

@TCJ1971 wrote:

Companion box blue light blinking 3 times. What does that mean?

Did you unplug it and plug it back in?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hopefully someone can help me out.
my video settings are 16:9 and all live shows look as expected. However, most shows I record are 4:3 or movies in some strange format where is widescreen but only takes up a small portion of the actual viewing area.

Any my idea why Dvr isn't taking in 16:9 for ALL recordings???

thx.

Silver Problem Solver

I answered your question in the DVR topic.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Minor problem:

A nightly news show is series recorded and watched daily on X1 dvr . Normally, I go to Xfinity > Saved > Recordings and watch after and/or during the recording. Occasionally, when I choose the recording,  I get an "episodes"  instead of "watch" option. I choose "Episodes".  On 8/25/15, the first episode listing is the 8/24 episode. The current show is 2nd and when selected, I get an "Options" option. When selected,  I get the "Just this episode" option which I select. Only then is the "watch" option offered. 

It appears that some flag is not set making X1 think the recording doesn't currently exist. 

Expert

@davecorr wrote:

Minor problem:

A nightly news show is series recorded and watched daily on X1 dvr . Normally, I go to Xfinity > Saved > Recordings and watch after and/or during the recording. Occasionally, when I choose the recording,  I get an "episodes"  instead of "watch" option. I choose "Episodes".  On 8/25/15, the first episode listing is the 8/24 episode. The current show is 2nd and when selected, I get an "Options" option. When selected,  I get the "Just this episode" option which I select. Only then is the "watch" option offered. 

It appears that some flag is not set making X1 think the recording doesn't currently exist. 

I haven't seen that since many versions ago. The way I work around it is to use the xfinity TV Remote and select the recording there and select watch on TV.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Technical Issues

I'm so frustrated. I cannot get WBZ HD (ch. 804 my zip is 02723) I keep getting error code xre 03062. I can watch in SD ch. 4. I've doesn't hours online and significant time on the phone with this issue. They did everything, ran tests from there end, refreshed signal, deactivate then reactivate box, etc. I have X1. Can anyone please help this is the only channel I'm having an issue with. I contacted WBZ they have not gotten back to me. Somebody please help I'm very frustrated. I should be getting partial credit for this channel only, on my account because of this channel.
Expert

@tnormy wrote:
I'm so frustrated. I cannot get WBZ HD (ch. 804 my zip is 02723) I keep getting error code xre 03062. I can watch in SD ch. 4. I've doesn't hours online and significant time on the phone with this issue. They did everything, ran tests from there end, refreshed signal, deactivate then reactivate box, etc. I have X1. Can anyone please help this is the only channel I'm having an issue with. I contacted WBZ they have not gotten back to me. Somebody please help I'm very frustrated. I should be getting partial credit for this channel only, on my account because of this channel.

hi, another customer here. Do you have streaming services (on a smart phone with an app or via web page http://xtv.comcast.net ? If so can you tune to that channel while in home on a computer or smart phone/tablet and see if you can get the channel that way?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Are you talking about the app vs my XR5 remote? 

Frequent Visitor

@rustyben the Xfinity to go app does not have that channel available, not listed probably because it's a local channel? I'll try the link you gave me and let you know what happens. If it does, what does that mean & what could be causing it? Thanks for your help is appreciated.
Expert

@tnormy wrote:
@Rustyben the Xfinity to go app does not have that channel available, not listed probably because it's a local channel? I'll try the link you gave me and let you know what happens. If it does, what does that mean & what could be causing it? Thanks for your help is appreciated.

the xfinity TV app streams directly from comcast bypassing home (good test if you are in home and have at least cloud streaming).

Frequent Visitor

@rustyben WBZ (HD or SD) is available on Xfinity To Go. I don't know what else to do. Comcast had tried deactivating my box and reactivating it to no avail including sending refresh signals still nothing. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Expert

@tnormy wrote:
@Rustyben WBZ (HD or SD) is available on Xfinity To Go. I don't know what else to do. Comcast had tried deactivating my box and reactivating it to no avail including sending refresh signals still nothing. Any other ideas? Thanks.

ok not talking about the xfinity 'TV Go" app. There is a separate xfinity TV app for streaming in home. Did you get that app up and running? check the same channel number that you tune to on the TV using that app?

Frequent Visitor

@rustyben oh ok, sorry no I used tv go app not the in home one. I visited the link you sent me went to watch on TV ch 804 and it changed the ch on my tv to 804 and it gave the same issue. Unless there's another app i haven't tried? Thanks again for your help sir.
Frequent Visitor

@rustyben I ran that Xfinity app on my Android. 804 is not listed there as a channel to tune but SD ch.4 of WBZ is. It's strange only the SD version I get but not HD. I'm out of ideas lol.
Silver Problem Solver

It sounds like to me that Comcast has to fix this issue.

One way is to keep bugging Customer Service.

877-896-8678

New Poster

@tnormy
There r two types of channels: TV channels we watch like CBS and frequency channels which r radio frequency signals that carry ur tv channels. Each frequency channels carries about 5 TV channels on them (these vary by what area u live in) if the signal level is low on only 1 frequency channel u will be missing only a handful of channels on ur tv. Not in any order and u would have to go to all 1000+ to figure that out. The problem is ur signal levels r low but not low enough to knock out all of ur tv. Just a few channels. Call a tech bc u need to have ur cable wiring looked at and signal levels checked. A new box won't fix that issue as boxes don't run specific channels and can't have a box with one bad channel. If a box breaks u have no channels at all. Unfortunately u need the proper tools/test equipment to fix this so u will need to get a tech (always in house never contractors) to come out before ur problem is solved. The ppl on the phone r not technicians and don't know what's wrong especially without being there to look at ur wiring. 1 tech visit will solve all ur problems. Good luck!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you everyone for your input I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Again thanks for your expertise.
New Poster

Re: error RDK-03003

I have similar experience yesterday and it appears Comcast have no clue in resolving it. Anyhow let me share how I resoved mine. The DVR will connect but the Mini Player and will display error code RDK-03003. To resolve it one has to put the coax line coming in with a two way splitter. Out 1 to Main DVR and Out 2 of splitter to Mini Player. Reboot the Mini player once this connection is done. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Note that if two independent line coming in to the how where DVR connected to line 1 and Mini Player to line 2, one will have same error code RDK-03003. The key both boxes has to be in the same line to resolve the error.

New Poster

Having the main player & mini Player on the same line with splitter resolved all error codes for me

RDK-03030

RDK-03036

RDK-03031....

Enjoy

New Poster

I can never get my search engine to really give me an answer...it only gives my sites and then more sites sometimes over and over ...never an answer..nothing ever opens

Expert

@kthlvrh wrote:

I can never get my search engine to really give me an answer...it only gives my sites and then more sites sometimes over and over ...never an answer..nothing ever opens

Can you add/elaborate on the Search Engine you are using?

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Expert

1.57.02 9/22 fw 2.1p5s1

old problem is back. random 'happening' select an asset (recording) to play. no menu no description shows up no way to 'play'. to fix select 2 other assets then go back to the problem one and it will 'work' giving option to play. 

example: note blank area above carol burnett asset is supposed to be filled with info and 'watch' etc menu.

blankrecording1.jpg

Frequent Visitor

^^^^

I've been having the same issue for quite awhile.

Expert

cloud DVR and using it to diagnose DVR recording quality issues..

I'm surprised that the reception glitchy issues seen on some channels (pixelating and skipping) like NBC are exactly duplicated on cloud DVR. That rules out local plant/equipment. TVGo app viewing of same episode is flawless. Some issues that I presumed to be a frequency response issue in home or DVR hard drive issue causing glitches. Very interesting and now seems more like a local reception at local head end problem (off the air channel). 

show was 9/28 of blindside. anyone else have that recording can check for glitching? 

Problem Solver

With local channels it gets a little iffy because it could be an issue on the channels end or at the Comcast headend. I've been noticing a lot of artifacts on AMC myself, which is probably a Comcast issue..
Expert

@scjohnson312 wrote:
With local channels it gets a little iffy because it could be an issue on the channels end or at the Comcast headend. I've been noticing a lot of artifacts on AMC myself, which is probably a Comcast issue..

I'm hoping that with the input of others in different geographical areas to discover if it was the network feed itself.  speaking of AMC is it me or is it often that AMCs The walking dead series has a lot of glitches too?

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

1.57.02 9/22 fw 2.1p5s1

old problem is back. random 'happening' select an asset (recording) to play. no menu no description shows up no way to 'play'. to fix select 2 other assets then go back to the problem one and it will 'work' giving option to play. 

example: note blank area above carol burnett asset is supposed to be filled with info and 'watch' etc menu.

blankrecording1.jpg

Yep I saw the same issue the other day Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Noticed when I switch the display options on the X1 stb from 720p to 1080p there are a ton of sound drops. I get this only from the television that is connected to the main box and wired with the better quality of hdmi cables where as the one in the bedroom is wired with basic hdmi cables and not as advanced television works fine when switched to 1080p.
Expert

@blaze3410 wrote:
Noticed when I switch the display options on the X1 stb from 720p to 1080p there are a ton of sound drops. I get this only from the television that is connected to the main box and wired with the better quality of hdmi cables where as the one in the bedroom is wired with basic hdmi cables and not as advanced television works fine when switched to 1080p.

put in 1080i and see if that improves the issue. note that 1080 i/p have exactly same picture definition and no programming so far on comcast is in 1080p (but is on 1080i).

Expert

1.57.03 9/28 and fw 2.1p6s1 (arris DVR)

closed caption continues to be an issue as it stops presenting decoded messages after some trick play (15 secs back, rewind, fast forward, etc). when CC stops, toggling does not turn it back on. stopping the asset (exit) and resuming the asset starts CC working again.

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

closed caption continues to be an issue as it stops presenting decoded messages after some trick play (15 secs back, rewind, fast forward, etc). when CC stops, toggling does not turn it back on. stopping the asset (exit) and resuming the asset starts CC working again.

Rusty,

@I will try and replicate your issue @ home later today as I have exact STB & XRE you have... at work now <G>...

=-Ray=-

Expert

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Rusty,

@I will try and replicate your issue @ home later today as I have exact STB & XRE you have... at work now <G>...

=-Ray=-

2 of my 3 dvrs have same xre/fw too and both lose CC with trick play use. funny thing is, the xfinity TV app when playing an asset never loses CC but does lose ability to control (pause/play and scrub FF/RW when you use the 15 seconds FF/RV double tap on left and right side of screen "too much".

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Rusty,

=-Ray=-

2 of my 3 dvrs have same xre/fw too and both lose CC with trick play use. funny thing is, the xfinity TV app when playing an asset never loses CC but does lose ability to control (pause/play and scrub FF/RW when you use the 15 seconds FF/RV double tap on left and right side of screen "too much".

gets worse with update

1.57.05 10/05/2015 and fw 2.1p6s1 mx011an

now trick play stops cc and a toggle off/on of cc didn't fix nor did an exit and resume (cc was working on the live channel! yay!!) . Tried the 'old' exit exit exit 480 and exit exit exit 1080 still no joy.  Tried a power save cycle, but no joy. Doing a power off reboot, amazingly, no joy.

went to cloud dvr has CC throughout the episode (right this minute recorded 10/8/15 at 12:37 am (early this morning).

since the cloud DVR comes from the local cable plant's headend in the sky, and it has working CC throughout, and the DVR does not play the asset after trick play with CC, well it is weird.

geek if you can pass this to the 'problem team' they can use that remote if available to view it or even use skype to see it live. 

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

Rusty,

I tried to replicate the issue on my Arris, same XRE & STB, but no matter how many times I tried, i could not recreate what you have listed...   This has me stumped as well !  

-=Ray=-

Expert

1.57.05 10/05/2015  fw still 2.1p6s1 on a mx011an arris vers 1

situation: watching live fox news HD. using recordings menu was watching DVR asset modern family. paused, wife came in and we decided to watch DVR asset 'Bones". Selected bones while Modern family was paused and watched episode and deleted it.

Instead of being returned to 'live' here is what happened. the show 'playing' was modern family. I paused it trying to figure out what i was actually seeing. the status bar showed the current program and 'live times' in the status bar. It 'appears' that the box was displaying/playing modern family but the status bar indicated was watching Fox news live programming.

I realize this is weird but have seen this one time before. anyone else ever run into it? 

the last time this happened I hit exit two times and recording froze. I reported that on the forum then but can't find it now.

Expert

edit: wrong place

Expert

1.57.07 10/11/2015  fw 2.1p6s1

closed caption issues now seem to be locally on one channel that I watch. Having reported one other program I watched thier their afternoon syndicated lineup. It appears to me that the cablebox reverts to secondary when there is no primary (and secondary is a real mess of jumbled attempts to show the captions). The Iphone/ipad do the same. Windows on xtv.comcast.net site on both chrome and firefox do not show captsion that captions are available on the very same live and recorded shows. I captured CC in operation on DVR, iPad mini 2, and windows 7 both chrome and firefox. All images below are same program, locally produced News program. On the windows chrome/firefox the message is shown that no caption is available.

live TV chrome no CC available.JPG

live tv firefox no CC available.JPG

live TV ipad mini 2 os9 has CC IMG_2027.JPG

live tv on xg1.JPG

The local station seems to think it is comcast. Having looked at 2 local channels and comparing captions broadcast, it seems to be the local KSLA channel (during pre-primetime). Survivor (network programming) had CC and worked fine on all the browsers/TV and ipad/iphone.

Expert

update: had the sticky status recording position bar stick visible again on first recording viewed after overnight boot. also the above referenced 'your dvr service is not available right now' message in place of the show description in saved>>recordings after deletion. no error message and is same as a post with image listed a few messages ago. No progress on getting rid of these bugs.

New Poster

My set tops don't appear on my account
Silver Problem Solver

@Reginapropes wrote:
My set tops don't appear on my account

Call Comcast Customer Service and explain your issue.

Expert

new? problem re: recording 7 hour blocks and playback 'resume'

recorded 2 7-hour recordings of channels today (CC compliance check of syndicated shows). found resume of the playback while still recording has a bug. 

example 6 hours recorded, checked programs to the 4 hour 45 minute mark to save the place for later 'resume'. later, resume started at 45 minutes in not 4 hours 45 minutes point. I tested this at the 5 hour 30 minute mark and upon resume it began at the 30 minute mark.

Please add this to the bug issues.

New Poster

I'm having the same error rdk-03003 as these other people, and as I wrote I spoke to Comcast and was told they would resend signal to the box
New Poster

I checked that my livingroom set top and Internet work I only get this error message on the set top in another room. I have hearing problems and when I can not understand the person on the other end and they become rude when I ask them to please repeat what they said - still no resolution to my issue was hoping some one on here could help
Gold Problem Solver

The RDK-03003 error message means that particular X1 box has an extremely poor connection (possibly no connection) to the Comcast network.

Call the X1 help line and have them send a tech out.

Any chance you Googled RDK-3003 or searched this forum for that error message. It is very
common...

@Reginapropes wrote:
I checked that my livingroom set top and Internet work I only get this error message on the set top in another room. I have hearing problems and when I can not understand the person on the other end and they become rude when I ask them to please repeat what they said - still no resolution to my issue was hoping some one on here could help

Regular Visitor

I have been having the same issues since comcast forced this X1 box on us. If it were at all possible I would love to get the older more reliable box back. Get tired on constantly having to reset these boxes and the lag is annoying as well. When the tech installed my box he made it seem like this great device, I'm not impressed at all. I spend more time watching tv next door on my friend's Direct TV if I want to watch something without it being interrupted. It cost mt having to bring something to express my thanks, but well worth it. Done with comcast when my contract is up. I have called to ask for help but get the usual "un-plug this, Check that" don't you think I do all this before I call? I've been a loyal customer for almost 10 years and this is the treatment I get.
Expert

@sotokai wrote:
I have been having the same issues since comcast forced this X1 box on us. If it were at all possible I would love to get the older more reliable box back. Get tired on constantly having to reset these boxes and the lag is annoying as well. When the tech installed my box he made it seem like this great device, I'm not impressed at all. I spend more time watching tv next door on my friend's Direct TV if I want to watch something without it being interrupted. It cost mt having to bring something to express my thanks, but well worth it. Done with comcast when my contract is up. I have called to ask for help but get the usual "un-plug this, Check that" don't you think I do all this before I call? I've been a loyal customer for almost 10 years and this is the treatment I get.

you detailed the problem in your post. Your signal is not 'up to snuff' and a tech roll will fix that. Teh old equipment didn't need the top quality digital levels that X1 needs.

Expert

OK! that's a new one. 9:55pm finished watching an asset and ready to fast forward review 'hannity' (9pm) not in recordings>saved not in >for you.  quickly checked saved>>scheduled and there it is; highlighted and pressed ok and look at that! a "Watch" option. selected and it worked. 

The UI is getting stranger and stranger.

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

OK! that's a new one. 9:55pm finished watching an asset and ready to fast forward review 'hannity' (9pm) not in recordings>saved not in >for you.  quickly checked saved>>scheduled and there it is; highlighted and pressed ok and look at that! a "Watch" option. selected and it worked. 

The UI is getting stranger and stranger. 

Rusty,

2.1p8s1 is being rolled out at this time.....  Once you receive it, check to see if it solves any of your previously reported issues.

-=Ray=-