Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Tn3 I think you have to keep pressing the xfinity button a few extra times...but do it slowly. .very slowly. .
Problem Solver

Neal, did you see my thread about xod starting from beginning after walking away? Any thoughts?
Contributor

This doesn't solve the pairing issue. This seems to be a software issue.
Frequent Visitor

We have just "upgraded" to the X1 system. While it is potentially a nice system, lately it has been nothing but frustrating. All the problems that seem to be bothering others. The Guide freezing, stuttering, losing sync with sound, pixelated, etc. Must unplug the unit to get any relief. Then it works for a short while and starts all over again. Sometimes you can get through an entire one hour program, but that is happening less and less. I think we have the Pace box. Will the new updated system help? How do you check a firmware version to see if you are current? Seems like too much data for it's brain. 

Bronze Problem Solver

@danvsjr wrote:

How do you check a firmware version to see if you are current? Seems like too much data for it's brain. 

Xfinity button to "Settings" (gear icon) to "About."

Frequent Visitor

Wish I could even get that far. This PoS is just imploding. Trying to get to the guide using the remote is nearly impossible. When you push the guide button on the remote, it takes over a minute to start to show up on the screen. Same with any of the major buttons, if it actually changes. It takes about 5 minutes to change a channel, if you are lucky enough to stop the guide scrolling 4 or 5 channel sets at a time. At this point I would happily give up X1 and go back to old system. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Sounds like you have signal issus.  You should call the X1 hot line at 877-896-8678 and request a tech visit to check signal levels.  The X1 is much more sensitive to signal issues than the legacy boxes used previously.

Frequent Visitor

Ah, after doing the unplug thing, again, it seems I have Receiver: Native Version 2.0.0 with an STB timestamp of Feb 12. Is that the date they installed it on my machine, or is that the software date?

Frequent Visitor

Will do that, thanks for the hotline number. 

New Poster

Not only do I see occasional 'double presses', but sometimes the last command gets repeated indefinitely until I press another remote button once or twice. 

It's not the remote. I've removed the batteries when it's happened and it continues. I've used other remotes and it happens. I'm not on my third box and it still continues. 

Tech support keeps blaming it on signal strenght which doesn't reasonable explain the issue. 

Gold Problem Solver

You need to "RF pair" the remote to the box. Instructions are printed on the back of the remote.

@Human11 wrote:

Not only do I see occasional 'double presses', but sometimes the last command gets repeated indefinitely until I press another remote button once or twice. 

It's not the remote. I've removed the batteries when it's happened and it continues. I've used other remotes and it happens. I'm not on my third box and it still continues. 

Tech support keeps blaming it on signal strenght which doesn't reasonable explain the issue. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello

I hope these issues people are posting are still being supported in this thread.. I am new to Xfinity X1 going for about 3 months now. At first the service was excellent, super fast tv and internet. Now a few issues

1) recorded shows on the DVR will show the full length (1 hour) but will not let me watch past a certain point, 40 mins for example.

2) When using the remote for the guide or changing the channel. Random numbers will be sent to the device so it will pop up the screen as though im searching for a show.. For example I want channel 4, i hit 4 and for some reason theres a 2 in there after the 4. I hit the back arrow to delete the 2 and now theres a 0 after the 4 instead of the 2.

3) While using the DVR and fast forward or starting a reccorded program, the box will shut off

The box shuts off atleast 2 times daily

Valued Contributor

@Teckx wrote:

Hello

I hope these issues people are posting are still being supported in this thread.. I am new to Xfinity X1 going for about 3 months now. At first the service was excellent, super fast tv and internet. Now a few issues

1) recorded shows on the DVR will show the full length (1 hour) but will not let me watch past a certain point, 40 mins for example.

2) When using the remote for the guide or changing the channel. Random numbers will be sent to the device so it will pop up the screen as though im searching for a show.. For example I want channel 4, i hit 4 and for some reason theres a 2 in there after the 4. I hit the back arrow to delete the 2 and now theres a 0 after the 4 instead of the 2.

3) While using the DVR and fast forward or starting a reccorded program, the box will shut off

The box shuts off atleast 2 times daily

Hi Teckx.  Thanks for posting.  Is your remote paired via RF to the set top box or is it in IR mode?  The easiest way to tell is to press channel up and look at the power button on the remote control.  If the button lights up RED it's in IR mode.  If it lights up GREEN, it's in RF mode.  Let me know on this.  Also, I've moved your XG1 to the latest firmware.  It's downloading now.  In about 30-40 minutes it should reboot and be up to date.  Please confirm you're still seeing the same problems after the update.  Thanks, Neal

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

I posted this in a section that may not have been appropriate and have not gotten much helpful response....so here goes again....

I came home and found dvr recordings that neither my wife nor i ever recorded. or scheduled. The DVR maxed out memory wise and now has 400+ future scheduled recordings of things like Everybody Loves Raymond and Roseanne reruns. It is recording tons of junk, on multiple channels....none of which we set.

And just as bad, all of our stored recordings are all gone. And our scheduled recordings (like 6 shows) are no longer showing up to be recorded.

Calling Comcast now obviously... but has anyone else seen what appears to be a hijacked DVR??? Has the DVR gone bad or has someone logged on to our account online and done this?

Comcast since responded - they have no idea what happened. Further....they show some old Parks and Rec episodes that we actually did record ...but they aren't on my DVR anymore. Nor are they showing online thru Comcast's website.

Also, the main 'scheduled' recordings menu on the dvr shows none of the shows we originally set to record but when you go to the individual show listings by episode....it will list that show as being scheduled to record. I then RE set the recording...and it now appears on the main menu.

This is an X1 dvr that we have had for less than a week. 

Expert

@tdbnbr wrote:

I posted this in a section that may not have been appropriate and have not gotten much helpful response....so here goes again....

I came home and found dvr recordings that neither my wife nor i ever recorded. or scheduled. The DVR maxed out memory wise and now has 400+ future scheduled recordings of things like Everybody Loves Raymond and Roseanne reruns. It is recording tons of junk, on multiple channels....none of which we set.

And just as bad, all of our stored recordings are all gone. And our scheduled recordings (like 6 shows) are no longer showing up to be recorded.

Calling Comcast now obviously... but has anyone else seen what appears to be a hijacked DVR??? Has the DVR gone bad or has someone logged on to our account online and done this?

Comcast since responded - they have no idea what happened. Further....they show some old Parks and Rec episodes that we actually did record ...but they aren't on my DVR anymore. Nor are they showing online thru Comcast's website.

Also, the main 'scheduled' recordings menu on the dvr shows none of the shows we originally set to record but when you go to the individual show listings by episode....it will list that show as being scheduled to record. I then RE set the recording...and it now appears on the main menu.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

go there and log in. Do you see the equipment location names in the device drop down that you expect? If you have a smart phone download xvinity My Account app. login and you can verify the equipment on your account. (by the tag on each one's serial number).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@tdbnbr wrote:

Be sure to also change your password at xfinity.com/xtv once you verify that you have the correct equipment  on file as suggested by Rustyben

New Poster

Just got the X1 in a self install kit, everything went well at first but after a few short moments I realized all we had was local channels, no "cable" channels at all, can't even get weather. Spent several hours on the phone with tech support with two different techs, got disconnected with the first after an hour and had to start all over again. They tell me they can see the problem but the system won't allow them to fix it. Evidently the box was not setup correctly before it was shipped.

The last guy I talked to said I need a level 2 tech to fix this and said I would get a return call within 24 hours. Well 24 hours passed with no call. I called again and this time they said I was misinformed and it can take up 72 hours for a call back. Problem is I'm back to work tomorrow.

I think I should have stuck with the old grey box.

If it helps the ticket number is CR439462310

Contributor

I just checked and all thre equipment is mine....thanks

Valued Contributor

1_bruski someone will be calling you shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Neal

Thanks for the reply. I received the firmware push and it was working great for a few hours. Same issues have returned unfortunately. My remote is paired IR mode

Any other things I can try to fix these issues?
Valued Contributor

Just to be clear, when you press channel up what color does the remote's power light glow?

New Poster

The level "2" tech called tonight, I found there is still some excellent service at Comcast. Real nice guy and he fixed me right up. 

Valued Contributor

@1_bruski wrote:

The level "2" tech called tonight, I found there is still some excellent service at Comcast. Real nice guy and he fixed me right up. 

Great.  I'm glad we were able to help!

Valued Contributor

@tdbnbr wrote:

tdbnbr, sorry you're having issues.  When I looked at your account, two boxes have failed their integrity check.  I'd like to help you schedule some time to have these issues looked at.  Once we are sure everything is 100% we can dive more into the DVR issues.  Please let me know if you'd like help scheudling a visit.  Thanks, Neal

Contributor

ANYTHING that you can do would be of help at this point Neal. The regular Comcast CSR's contend they have never heard of such a thing but if you look at my other posts and threads ive joined....there are several people with this problem. And it has happened in the last two days....just like my situation.

Let me know what i should do from here.   

Valued Contributor

@tdbnbr wrote:

ANYTHING that you can do would be of help at this point Neal. The regular Comcast CSR's contend they have never heard of such a thing but if you look at my other posts and threads ive joined....there are several people with this problem. And it has happened in the last two days....just like my situation.

Let me know what i should do from here.   

Got it.  I've spoken with our local technical operations team.  They will be reaching out to you shortly.

Contributor

Sweet...thanks Neal.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Neal

The power button turns red when i push channel up
Valued Contributor

Ok. This remote is not paired to the set top then. Please press and hold setup until the remote power button turns green. When it does, press and release Xfinity. You should see the pairing screen on the TV. If you dont, press Xfinity again. Once you see the pairing screen follow the directions to finish pairing. Once complete see if your issue still exisits.

Frequent Visitor

Not receiving the pairing screen. I hold setup on remote wait til green hit xfinity on remote Power flashes red green nothing. Tried a few times
Valued Contributor

Sorry. What model is the box you're pairing with?

Frequent Visitor

Xg1-a
Valued Contributor

@Teckx wrote:
Xg1-a

Try two things.

1) press and hold setup until the light turns green on the remote. then press 9-9-8.  This will default the remote.

2) Stand within 5 feet of the box and point the remote at the front of the set top box.  Press and hold setup until the light turns green on the remote. Continue to point at the box and press Xfinity.  Pause for 5 seconds to see if the pairing screen appears.  If it does not, press Xfinity again.  Pause for 5 seconds again and if the screen still does not appear press Xfinity once more.  

Report your findings here when complete.  Thanks, Neal

Frequent Visitor

Seems like nothing happend. I am downloading a update now i noticed
Valued Contributor

@Teckx wrote:
Seems like nothing happend. I am downloading a update now i noticed

Yes.  I'm pushing FW to the box.  It will reboot when complete.  Please try to pair again after the box reboots and let me know what happens.  Thanks, Neal

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Okay thanks. At 39% now
Frequent Visitor

Still no pair screen
Frequent Visitor

Anything to try next?
Expert

@Teckx wrote:
Anything to try next?

would you hit the xFinity button, then 'gear' and select about ?

what do you see after xre server version 

what do you see after receiver : native version: ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

1.49.09. 2/19/2015. 15:44

Native version:2.0.0
Expert

@Teckx wrote:
1.49.09. 2/19/2015. 15:44

Native version:2.0.0

Is the box you just got the reading from a DVR or companion box? (clock on front?)

Frequent Visitor

Dvr. Clock on front
New Poster

Edited.
Frequent Visitor

I've been hitting it 5+ times some reason it doesn't want to pair. I even tried a differnt remote
Valued Contributor

Ive sent your issue to the remote team and will follow up with them tomorrow once we review the logs. Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

edited
New Poster

One of the boxes keeps freezing.  We have followed the instructions to turn off; wait 10 sec, etc.  but there is a connetivity issue.  Says "cannot connect to the platform."    Box has been out most of today.

Contributor

Hey Neal...i have a technician coming out tomorrow morning (weather permitting) to look at my X1 DVR.

So I see on other threads more people complaining about losing their recording setttings and finding these phantom recordings on their machines for shows they never scheduled..

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks again for getting tech on my problem.

Expert

@williamsv wrote:

One of the boxes keeps freezing.  We have followed the instructions to turn off; wait 10 sec, etc.  but there is a connetivity issue.  Says "cannot connect to the platform."    Box has been out most of today.

is your internet (and phone if have that service) working? if so do you have a house amp? did the power brick get accidently unplugged? by power off do you mean unplug 30 seconds and plug back in?

Regular Contributor

ChatStatus Chat in progress. Close
user joe quinn has entered room

analyst Ram Angelo has entered room

Ram Angelo: Hello joe quinn _, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Ram Angelo. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Ram Angelo: Hi! Hope you are doing great today!

Ram Angelo: How may I help you with your cable TV?

joe quinn _: I tried automatically scheduling a PPV show to record but it never recorded. Do I have to physically tune to the channel for it to record properly? Or do I have to schedule a "manual channel" recording for the duration of the show, instead of letting it automatically record?,

joe quinn _:

joe quinn _: and we have the x1 box as well

Ram Angelo: Joe, the reason why you cannot record PPV shows because DVR box is not able to record PPV shows.

joe quinn _: then why's the option there if you can't record them. and the x1 support site says you can record ppv events on the x1 box

joe quinn _: plup, I know someone who has x1 who's been able to record them

Ram Angelo: I do apologize Joe, X1 box are not able to record PPV shows, and sometimes, the network will allow you to record some PPV events.

Ram Angelo: But most of the time, the network will not allow you to record PPV shows,especially the popular shows.

joe quinn _: I presume that if an event isn't able to record, that that option just won't be available?

joe quinn _: i was trying to record the clean guys of commedy

Ram Angelo: I understand your point Joe, because sometimes, the network will allow you to record some PPV shows, reason why there's a record option.

joe quinn _: so then if it were able to record, would I have to tune to the channel physically, or would be able to record automatically?

Ram Angelo: It will be able to record automatically Joe.

joe quinn _: because the automatic. recording didn't will for the last 1 nights

joe quinn _: didn't work for the last 2 nights

joe quinn _: it scheduled fine but didn't record

Ram Angelo: I understand. It means, that the PPV shows are not available for recording.

Ram Angelo: Joe, Since we were able to determine the outage is causing the issue, may I please know if we were able to fully address your concern?

joe quinn _: so what then? I'm confused

Ram Angelo: Sorry for the typo Joe, I mean, since we determined that X1 box is not able to record PPV, may I please know if we were able to fully address your concern?

joe quinn _: yeah

Ram Angelo: Perfect!

Ram Angelo: I am glad that we have resolved your issue by providing the reason why you cannot record PPV shows.

Ram Angelo: Is there anything else I can be of help today? I would be glad to help you further.

Ram Angelo: You have opened a window for Comcast Support and I don't want to miss an opportunity to support you. Are we still connected?

Ram Angelo: Please let me know that we are still connected. Thank you.

joe quinn _: we are, but there's nothing else that I need help with

Ram Angelo: Alright Joe! It has been a priviledge chatting with you today, ! You enjoy the rest of the day! I am happy you contacted Comcast today!

Ram Angelo: If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us through Live Chat (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Comcast also offers great FAQ and Help forums located at http://www.Comcast.net to help you solve many issues on your own. You can also reach us through our Hotline.

Ram Angelo: We appreciate your business and value you as a customer! Thank you for patronizing and contacting Comcast! Bye for now.

Send