Community Forum

X1 Technical Issues

Expert

Re: X1 Technical Issues

@gboyd wrote:

I have had problems with this X1 DVR since I got it. Every day when I turn it on, it first displays correctly, then, sometimes only after pushing a button on the remote, part of the screen goes black. When I press the xfinity button the guide/selection screen displays in what looks like a standard (640x480) part of the widescreen in the upper-left corner. The only way I have to fix it is to reset the box, which works.

Until next day, when the same thing happens. I think something gets set wrong when it does the overnight updates (which is usually how updates happe)

anyone seen this - or have a fix?

are you using an HDMI cable from the X1 to the TV or 'component' cables? If using HDMI, you might try swapping ends of the cable (this will make sure they are seated and change the pressure/angle of the cable (intermittent connection).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

What make/model TV are we talkin about here? How old is it?

@gboyd wrote:

I have had problems with this X1 DVR since I got it. Every day when I turn it on, it first displays correctly, then, sometimes only after pushing a button on the remote, part of the screen goes black. When I press the xfinity button the guide/selection screen displays in what looks like a standard (640x480) part of the widescreen in the upper-left corner. The only way I have to fix it is to reset the box, which works.

Until next day, when the same thing happens. I think something gets set wrong when it does the overnight updates (which is usually how updates happe)

anyone seen this - or have a fix?

New Poster

I was in the middle of watching "Maze Runner" and it froze up error 8012 came up and, I haven't been able to get back and watch for over ten minutes now. What should I do?
Frequent Visitor

I am seeing an error since about an hour ago, can't even get my X1 to boot up.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Error-RDK-03006-quot-We-re-having-trouble-connecting-to-the/td-p/...

The screen says "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform" with a few generic steps listed to restart the box.

The bottom right of the screen has en error code displayed RDK-03006.

I've rebooted the box numerous times, unplugging it for both 10 seconds, and 30 seconds, and even a couple minutes. I've also tried rebooting it via holding down the power button. All result in the same error screen.

New Poster

Try pressing the blue power button (press, don't hold), the blue light should go off.  Press it again and you should see "Connecting to Live TV" for about 10 seconds.  After that, you should be able to watch TV.  The clock will not display, but, all the X1 functions should work.

There is some X1 service issue accross the Chicagoland area.

UPDATE: as of 2/8/2015 - 7:45AM CST - The issue seems to be fixed. 

New Poster

X1 Cloud - Problem streaming one channel on https://xtv.comcast.net

I'm an X1 Cloud customer in the SF Bay Area, and I'm having trouble steaming one particualr channel on https://xtv.comcast.net. The channel is Comcast SportsNet (720 on my lineup), and there is no picture or sound available, and no error message is given. ***All other channels I've tested work***, including other Comcast SportsNet channels. Since all other channels work I assume the problem lies with Comcast. How can I escalate this issue?

I'm streaming from a Mac, and the problem exists in all browers. Note: This channel works fine in the Xfinity TV app on my iPad.

New Poster

For almost a week now, we get error 18 for any attempt to change channel, from any channel to any channel. Rebooting generally reboots to the channel we were trying to tune too. As such, zero of our scheduled recordings have been recorded in about a week. In some cases on reboot. It will take upwards of five minutes after the machine has restarts and the channel logo displays for it to actually tune to it.

Wish I had the old box back. Small HD, but was pretty flawless over about 8 years of use.
New Poster

DVRs stop playing recordings, error out, returns to regular TV

I've only had X1 for less then 2 weeks and have series of problems. The one that hasn't been fixed, although there has been multiple attempts from tech support, on phone and in person, is that playing recorded shows will randomly stop, show a generic " not accessible" message and then revert back to live TV. Anyone have a solution? Thanks!
New Poster

thanks. i thought of a similar thing this morning, so i have swapped HDMI ports and made sure they are seated well. It made a big change in the color saturation, so something happened. I'll see if that reappears in the morning and update this if its fixed.

New Poster

I've been reading over the issues people are having, but I haven't found my issue yet so I'll bring it up here and maybe somebody will know how to fix the problem.  First my understanding is using the guide you should be able to use the fast forward button to advance the days date wihich I have no problem doing.  Your supposed to be able to go back a day by using the rewind button however mine won't do it!  I have called about this issue and hope nobody else is having this problem.  I missed a program by not being able to go back a day, so if anyone can help with this problem I would appreciate it!!

Diamond Problem Solver

‎02-10-2015 03:21 PM

I've been reading over the issues people are having, but I haven't found my issue yet so I'll bring it up here and maybe somebody will know how to fix the problem. First my understanding is using the guide you should be able to use the fast forward button to advance the days date wihich I have no problem doing. Your supposed to be able to go back a day by using the rewind button however mine won't do it! I have called about this issue and hope nobody else is having this problem. I missed a program by not being able to go back a day, so if anyone can help with this problem I would appreciate it!!

You can only rewind if you've advanced a day. Example, if you're in the guide for today, you can't go backwards to yesterday

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@hevyduty wrote:

I've been reading over the issues people are having, but I haven't found my issue yet so I'll bring it up here and maybe somebody will know how to fix the problem.  First my understanding is using the guide you should be able to use the fast forward button to advance the days date wihich I have no problem doing.  Your supposed to be able to go back a day by using the rewind button however mine won't do it!  I have called about this issue and hope nobody else is having this problem.  I missed a program by not being able to go back a day, so if anyone can help with this problem I would appreciate it!!

Tested and working fine here in MSP. Are you trying to go backwards beyond real time? It won't do that.

Have you UNPLUGGED and reboot your X1 box?

New Poster

the agent rebooted it and then I rebooted it again later with my fingers crossed.  It would not go back a day..

New Poster

We have several issues primarily with the satellite/non-hard drive boxes. We have 2 of these and 2 hard-drive boxes. 

The issue with the sattelite boxes range from one of them being almost unusable because it takes too long to change channels and sometimes says it "Can not connect to the X1 service", to the playback of saved shows stuttering and becoming unwatchable on the other sattelite box. 

On the hard drive boxes we don't have too many issues. Sometimes recordings pixelate and almost always while fast-forwarding through commercials the screen goes black for seconds at a time. 

Any thoughts?

Gold Problem Solver

hevyduty,

You missed my point. When it comes to X1 boxes, a "reboot" and an "unplug and reboot" are two entirely different things. You need to UNPLUG and reboot your X1 box.

@hevyduty wrote:

the agent rebooted it and then I rebooted it again later with my fingers crossed.  It would not go back a day..

New Poster

that's what I did unplug it?  the oly way I know how to do it.

Gold Problem Solver

Unplug your X1 box from AC power. Pull the power cord.

@hevyduty wrote:

that's what I did unplug it?  the oly way I know how to do it.

New Poster

if anything, swapping the HDMI cables made the problem worse, although more consistent. Now when I turn it on the first thing inthe morning, the entire screen goes to a 1/4 resolution (in the upper left corner). It resets if I reset the DVR.

the good news is that, although they moved 'reset' in the menus this week, it now works faster.

as long as reset works and i only have to do it once per day, it's not rediculous.

thanks for the input

New Poster

I should follow up that my specific problem was identified and so I'm adding that in case anyone has similar.

Yesterday I went through several calls with the X1 tech guys in Denver. Since my box can't tune, but my 2 satellite boxes tune just fine, it was assumed to be a box problem. 1st guy went through everything, finially initiating a firmware update. Since that would take a while, we got off the phone, but he made copius notes and gave me the number to to tech team.

The firmware update failed at 92%.

Called back, and the next guy went through a few more steps. A few years more experience, but wanted to try some stuff. Nope. He initiated a firmware update and it was successful, but it didn't fix the problem. This is important:

1. Signal strenght was stellar.

2. My 2 satellite, slave, or client boxes (whatever term you prefer) tuned fine.

So, it was finally determined that it's the box, so I went over to the local office and exchanged (turned out to be a newer box, the new (point anywhere) remote as well, and for the trouble, I got to keep the old remote).

Guess what? Same problem.

Ah, it's not the box. So, the next guy in the team I spoke with reasoned that:

1. Has to be wiring

2. Signal strength is stellar

What else? Well, it turned out that either from a faulty "splitter" or an error in recent installation, some neighbor's 3 boxes are using my box to tune their chanells and recordings, using up all my tuner space. As soon as I unplugged my two slave boxes, the main box worked fine.

They'll be out this afternoon to resolve it.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast/Xfiinity is truly living up to reputation of worst customer service in the telecom industry. If there were any reasonable alternatives in my area I would dump this **** in a heartbeat. I have been a cable TV consumer in my area for more than 40 years and Comcast is the 5th cable carrier franchisee in my city over that time. Service is getting so bad and so expensive that I am seriously considoring cutting the cord. I am hardly a technaphobe. I am an AV IT Engineer and part of my job duties are managing a QAM, IPTV, and DOCSIS cable TV plant for a major university with over 8000 residents. I do realize this technology is bleeding edge and quite honestly, I loved the system when it worked well. I can forgive occasional glitches, but I can not forgive unreliability of recording on a DVR since that is something that has been rock solid for me with Comcast for many years. I am seriously looking at DirecTV and a local ISP as alternatives now.

So yeah, I am clearly not a happy customer. This nightmare that began a week ago with what should have been a routine box exchange for my X1 system master box continues. Tech help has been escalated to National Service, but the techs there are hard to understand and that call center is as unfprofessional as it gets. For example, I was just on the phone with a tech and suddenly she no longer could hear me. Next thing I know a private conversation with a co-worker ensues and it sounds like a party going on, then the line went dead. I have spent an insane amount of time on the phone with Ntl Tech support over issues that began only after bringing home a brand new X1 master box a week ago to solve a video pausing problem that occurred only on the master box. This system (one master and two slaves) has worked near flawlessly since March of last year through November last year. Then the master box began to glitch out, an audio pop along with video pausing and going to black. Sometimes so often it would render the box unwatchable. That problem seems to be mostly resolved (maybe completely) but the nightmare that has ensued is horrific. The recording capability is completely unreliable. There seems to be a total disconnect between the cloud, the master box, slave boxes, and the Xfinity TV app. This is intermittent. I would say it is recording about 70-80% of the shows I can see on the scheduled recordings. When the system misses a recording, the slave boxes show the recording, but when you drill down and try to watch, there is no "watch" button, and the recordings are missing completely on the master box and Xfinity TV app.

unhappy Xfinity customer.

New Poster

Mvinsc:

Do what I did yesterday. Unplug all your slave boxes, see if your master works just fine (as it did in my case evern after switching a box and having the same).

If it does, the problem is in the wiring, servers at Comcase, or most likely, stuff going on that shouldn't be at the most local "switchboard" near you. In my case, turned out that a neighbor's three boxes have been using my master (over the network) to tune their boxes, record, etc. In fact, my box new box as of yersterday is 5% full, with no recordings.

Regular Contributor

gboyd

It's great that you don't mind resetting daily.   Personally I find that unacceptable...

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the tip. That sounds very strange. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Prior to replacing the master box we had no recording issues, and the cloud recording worked excellent. Now, not so much.

New Poster

Mvinsc:

It's a function of a new system meeting an old network. my issue would have never been an issue before. I had the old big silver box for 8 years, and after the firmware settled in a couple of years, it was just flawless.

In this case, the system is dependent upon I-network to take up some load (oh, as an aside, when I replaced the box, it synched to cloud, only lost box-specific settings like 1080p vid output, but all recording schedule got saved—this was impossible on old system).

I'm very patient with radical new tech and like to wait while I help. In this case, I think I may have helped find something. Because of the Internet emphasis of the X1, turns out the old network has issues now, that were never issues before. Yes, because of the woring in your local box, you might be tuning your neighbor's slave boxes, or they might be tuning on yours.

The guy i talked to last night was al over this. He called it MOCHA, or NOCA, or something like that, so you might want to drop a hint.

Frequent Visitor

rnikoley,

Thanks again for the info. Very interesting. I hear what you're saying about the old silver box DVR, we had those for years too, and every time the box died (and they did) all scheduled recordings and saved recordings were lost. We have had X1 for almost a year now. We switched over to cloud DVR when it became available in our area last Fall. Aside from the master box having this intermittent video issue that developed over the past couple of months the system worked excellently.

In the troubleshooting process I was assured by two telephone techs and the counter person at the new Xfinity store that the replacement X1 master box would load in all stored recordings and the scheduled recordings, three people at Comcast told me this! I get the box home, and of course it didn't. It also didn't record at all, could not access On Demand, and of course the scheduled recordings did not load in. Hours and 3 different techs later that horrid night we were able to record and receive On Demand. All three techs that night insisted that no, previous recordings as well as schedule do not load in, and the previous two techs and counter person were incorrect. (Actually, they were all half right, the new master box did load in scheduled recordings.) I mentioned to one of the techs a menu selection in settings to "sync recordings" and he had never heard of that--news to him.

So, the schedule did load in. The box even records what is scheduled, sometimes. And that's the problem. It intermittently doesn't record scheduled recordings. Furthermore, it will record a scheduled recording one day, yet the very same scheduled series recording on another will fail (even though all are new episodes, no recording conflicts, etc.).

Also, my wife and I both have the Xfinity TV app on our Android devices. Recordings on these devices for the same account are not synced either. All of this began with what should have been a routine box exchange.

National Service is "watching the box" the next 24 hours to see if they can gleen anything, I think, but not positive since the call I was on with the tech got tossed by their phone system mid-conversation.

Silver Problem Solver

@rnikoley wrote:

Mvinsc:

It's a function of a new system meeting an old network. my issue would have never been an issue before. I had the old big silver box for 8 years, and after the firmware settled in a couple of years, it was just flawless.

In this case, the system is dependent upon I-network to take up some load (oh, as an aside, when I replaced the box, it synched to cloud, only lost box-specific settings like 1080p vid output, but all recording schedule got saved—this was impossible on old system).

I'm very patient with radical new tech and like to wait while I help. In this case, I think I may have helped find something. Because of the Internet emphasis of the X1, turns out the old network has issues now, that were never issues before. Yes, because of the woring in your local box, you might be tuning your neighbor's slave boxes, or they might be tuning on yours.

The guy i talked to last night was al over this. He called it MOCHA, or NOCA, or something like that, so you might want to drop a hint.

MoCA

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

YES I STUBBLED UPON THIS AND ITHE X1 FINALLY STARTED TO BROADCAST IN HDMI, BUT I FOR GET THE PROCESS DO YOU HOLD THE POWER BUTTON DOWN FOR 10 SECONDS THEN REBOOT WILL COME UP I BELIVE THEN YOU SAY UBPLUG IT IMMEDIATELY AND IT WILL WORK? I DID ACHEVE THIS ONCE BUT AFTER A DAY THE HDMI VIDEO PICTURE WAS LOST YET THE AUDIO STILL WORKED THROUGH THE TV.

CAN YOU LAY IT OUT STEP BY STEP ON YOUR METHOD. PLEASE THANKS

@RickGr4 wrote:

hevyduty,

You missed my point. When it comes to X1 boxes, a "reboot" and an "unplug and reboot" are two entirely different things. You need to UNPLUG and reboot your X1 box.

@hevyduty wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Yes i have change my neighbors channels , DVR SETTINGS , WITH MY X1, it is a peculiar beast that toys with the user in stragest ways, all i want is my old dvr box back with the normal guide then itd be fine., they call me all the time wanting to know how i was able to repair  my system one time, yet all they did was install an AMP on the pole which i reccommeded but did not install a shunt so i still have problems  it is flawed badly and they have too many units  out there that they really dont care over 107 calls ive made its torture

@RobertWy wrote:

@rnikoley wrote:

Mvinsc:

MoCA

New Poster

The X1 platform has a long way to go before it can be consider to be usable.

Some of my current issues:

- TV guide - is unreadable because the guide shows multiple imprints of other random characters. Complete Power Off is the only way to fix it.

- X1 locks up, or at least the remote control stop working. Complete Power cycle seems to be the only solution

- Randomly stop recording programs

- Subtitles when turned-on, are unreadble, lots of dropped characters and other random characters displayed.

- TV Guide stops responding

- Fast Forward stops working - Power cycle the box is the only way to return to normal function

- Sometimes very slow response, can press multiple buttons on remote, and the box doesnt respond then suddenly performs all of the actions (almost a buffering effect).

The list goes on......

Silver Problem Solver

My guess is that you have a poor connection to the Comcast servers.  I don't experience thiese issues.

@sicce wrote:

The X1 platform has a long way to go before it can be consider to be usable.

Some of my current issues:

- TV guide - is unreadable because the guide shows multiple imprints of other random characters. Complete Power Off is the only way to fix it.

- X1 locks up, or at least the remote control stop working. Complete Power cycle seems to be the only solution

- Randomly stop recording programs

- Subtitles when turned-on, are unreadble, lots of dropped characters and other random characters displayed.

- TV Guide stops responding

- Fast Forward stops working - Power cycle the box is the only way to return to normal function

- Sometimes very slow response, can press multiple buttons on remote, and the box doesnt respond then suddenly performs all of the actions (almost a buffering effect).

The list goes on......

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have an X1 DVR with a blue screen headed with Pace ABL V1.18 Header. It has 7 DOCSIS statuses all done or ok except Registration in progress which has reamained blank. It has been like this all day. Chatted with a rep who set up a trouble call a few days out due to my work schedule. Can this be fixed remotely?

Gold Problem Solver

Maybe. But you need to talk to someone at Comcast that knows how to send your X1 box a firmware update. Try the X1 help line. You have a slightly better chance calling there...

There is a very good chance your X1 box is crispy critters and needs to be replaced. Either way, you need to call in.

@MikeinFL wrote:

I have an X1 DVR with a blue screen headed with Pace ABL V1.18 Header. It has 7 DOCSIS statuses all done or ok except Registration in progress which has reamained blank. It has been like this all day. Chatted with a rep who set up a trouble call a few days out due to my work schedule. Can this be fixed remotely?

Valued Contributor

@MikeinFL wrote:

MikeinFL, I tried pushing the latest version of software to your box now but it's showing offline on the network.  Can you tell me if it's plugged in and powered up?  Thanks, Neal

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Contributor

I'm having to reset my box multiple times each day.  Had a tech out about 10 days ago who put in a new Commscope amp.  My signals look to be within specs.  Comcast Labs signal checks says Unknown.  Phone tech sent me some signals a few days ago that seemed to work temporarily.  I really love the X1 system, but not sure how long I can put up with it.

Contributor

By the way, my error code is normally XRE-03041

New Poster

Thanks for trying. Evidently it is problem with the Pace boxes. When I set up the appointment, I didn't feel that the chat agent had completed the proper steps to resolve this issue.  I tried again last night with a call center agent in X1 repair, and we still couldn't get it to work. The tech this morning switched it out to a Motorola and everything is now working as it should.    

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your easy fix which worked when I had rebooted it as you say too and hdmi input can back up , but a day later I had snowy frozen screen I rebooted it didn't take til 3rd try told Cust service about it and then said it's everything but the X1, I scheduled appointment they came I wasn't home / replaced hdmi cable then did the reboot , from what I was told, anyway I requested a swap out, I call them, taking over a hour each time they instruct me to put hdmi in/out jdozen times, jiggle it etc this is very sensitive electronics it arced several times while telling me to plug unplug hdmi hot / I refused any further as I'm not going to ruin an input or further parts on my 65" new plasma : I tewiest swap box put a shunt at my pole or I'm canceling , these are the worst boxes variable resolution 1080 720 switches back and forth and they only come out check levels & run off / took two months to have a pole AMP installed all the DRM make it touchy sometimes I get audio from optical out but black screen - isn't there a menu to choose outputs etc like old boxes rather then the service /never get MOCA LINK
Regular Contributor

x1 has been crappy the last few days, power cycles will improve then it deterorates.   Watchign dvr'd show and its just decides to exit.  Wont ff or skip ahead - gives lame message to try later.   After two years this junk is still not even close to prime time.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ya gotta beg but they have a couple for the better box, rather then a cable or another problem box , I mean isn't this costing them to come out again & and again maybe they're studies say it's will wear out the customer and they give up and watch snow because they ain't getting nothin better, well we still have handful of broadcast channels that actually costs more then cable Premium repeat the same movies it's not worth it if u do the numbers $19.99 for another dumber dummy 4 Spider-Man remakes sci-fi but makes fun of what we'll never explore?...
Frequent Visitor

Yes it does, it works to find what products you want marketing and is sold, it's in the terms & conditions
Regular Contributor

What's the difference between the pace and aris DVR's, and which one do I have? I assume the pace one as we're still getting the occasional audio dropouts, and it's random so it's not like I can video it and send it somewhere. The odd thing is, that the dvr seems to be the only one that's doing the audio dropouts, the companion box in the bedroom has no dropouts. Would it be better to get a new dvr, such as the aris one? I just hate hate hate to lose all my recordings! Oh well, guess there's nothing one can do about that, eh?
Expert

xre 1.49.04 fw 1.3.4

new issue: box will not RF pair. pressing the setup button until changes from red to green. When green LED glows the "A" help screen instantly comes up. pressing the xFinity button (even repeatedly) will not cause RF pairing screen to come up. I called the x1 support center 877-896-8678 person rebooted my "computer room" DVR 2 times no change in letting the remote pair (it is an XR2 rev u2). 

also I see on the exit-down down 2- screen under system that my uncorrectable errors are in the 143,000 for tuner 1. 

she opened ticket CR ... for monday 2/23/15. 

If a comcast person would look at that DVRs numbers and see if it is really an issue. Also is the 'help menu' instead of allowing RF pairing a 149.04 issue?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@Jdawg1 wrote:
What's the difference between the pace and aris DVR's, and which one do I have? I assume the pace one as we're still getting the occasional audio dropouts, and it's random so it's not like I can video it and send it somewhere. The odd thing is, that the dvr seems to be the only one that's doing the audio dropouts, the companion box in the bedroom has no dropouts. Would it be better to get a new dvr, such as the aris one? I just hate hate hate to lose all my recordings! Oh well, guess there's nothing one can do about that, eh?

if you have component output on the back you have a pace. if you look for small print just below the 'circle' power button you will see letters there that will show P for pace A for arris.

Problem Solver

That Issue with the pairing will be fixed when the new firmware gets pushed.
Valued Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

xre 1.49.04 fw 1.3.4

new issue: box will not RF pair. pressing the setup button until changes from red to green. When green LED glows the "A" help screen instantly comes up. pressing the xFinity button (even repeatedly) will not cause RF pairing screen to come up. I called the x1 support center 877-896-8678 person rebooted my "computer room" DVR 2 times no change in letting the remote pair (it is an XR2 rev u2). 

also I see on the exit-down down 2- screen under system that my uncorrectable errors are in the 143,000 for tuner 1. 

If a comcast person would look at that DVRs numbers and see if it is really an issue. Also is the 'help menu' instead of allowing RF pairing a 149.04 issue?

Rustyben, two of your boxes were still running 1.3.4.  You have all Pace XG1v1 boxes so I moved the last two to 2.0.  They will reboot after the DL is done.  Please try pairing again when they complete the move to 2.0 and report back.  Thanks, Neal

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Regular Contributor

So evidently I have a pace box as I have those RCA jacks, (component?) But that doesn't explain why the DVR box audio drops out and the companion box doesn't. Or if it does, it's never nearly as frequently as DVR. This is aggravating.
Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Rustyben, two of your boxes were still running 1.3.4.  You have all Pace XG1v1 boxes so I moved the last two to 2.0.  They will reboot after the DL is done.  Please try pairing again when they complete the move to 2.0 and report back.  Thanks, Neal

Neal, I am having this same issue with the remotes pairing to my Arris XG1...the unit arrived with 2.0, but was rolled back to 1.3.4 about a day or so after I activated it. Since then, I've had the RF pairing issue. I have tried SEVERAL calls to Comcast to try to get the firmware update pushed, and I have had two Level 2 callbacks requested, but currently zero actual callbacks. Anyway you could push the 2.0 to my equipment?

Valued Contributor

@TN_3 wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal, I am having this same issue with the remotes pairing to my Arris XG1...the unit arrived with 2.0, but was rolled back to 1.3.4 about a day or so after I activated it. Since then, I've had the RF pairing issue. I have tried SEVERAL calls to Comcast to try to get the firmware update pushed, and I have had two Level 2 callbacks requested, but currently zero actual callbacks. Anyway you could push the 2.0 to my equipment?

TN_3, unfortunately 2.0 is not ready for the Arris XG1 at this time.  If I were to push 2.0 right now it would revert back to 1.3.4 overnight (or at some point shortly after).  There is nothing we can do to keep it at 2.0 until the code goes out for general availability.  This will happen soon.  When it does I'll post here and can help with pushes at that time.  Thanks for your understanding.  

Contributor

Thanks Neal, this makes sense. As far as the RF pairing issue, is there anything that can be done to address this other than waiting for 2.0?

Expert

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

xre 1.49.04 fw 1.3.4

confirmed: fixed the pairing issue. Also the process on f/w 2.0 no longer activates the help menu. most excellent. 

Did you look at the uncorrectable errors? I am not able to find the same info on the 'html' new diagnostics pages/screens.