Community Forum

X1 TV - Guide/Settings text is way too big on 55" TV

New Poster

X1 TV - Guide/Settings text is way too big on 55" TV

Just got a new 55" TV - and all the text on the X1 guide looks like it is font size 100. It is kind of hilariously oversized. I checked the settings/help sections/other forum questions, and the only thing I found was to change the "Enhanced Text Readability" setting. Funny thing, it was already turned OFF! So when I tried turning the "Enhanced Text Readability" setting to ON, the text about doubled in size and got bolder (also, hilarious). So that definitely is not the right setting. Is there any other setting to change text size smaller, like multiple options rather than just 2?

Also, all my other settings should be correct: resolution (HD), zoom is OFF, and I can't think of anything else that would impact the text to look so obnoxiously oversized. 

Thank you so much in advance.

Official Employee

Re: X1 TV - Guide/Settings text is way too big on 55" TV

How does your live tv picture look? Check the tickers on ESPN or CNN if they fit the screen properly to make sure your tv itself isn’t set to zoom

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!