Community Forum

X1 Slave Box Function question

Frequent Visitor

X1 Slave Box Function question

Hi all,

I have an older slave box from when X1 first came out.  Is there a newer version that will allow you to pause, rewind etc?  If not, can you have X1 in two rooms and have the ability to save recordings from both and watch recordings from both (no matter which box recorded the show) with full functionality? It seems like with the cloud that would be avail?

Official Employee

Re: X1 Slave Box Function question

Yes there is, every other model than the one you have can do it. Swap it out anytime
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183
Frequent Visitor

I figured out that I have the RNG 150N.  Is that an older slave box?  I asked in the store two days ago if I had any older one and if I could update and I was told I had the latest.  That doesn't sound correct to me, especially based on the feature comparison chart you listed above.  Now I'm a bit worried because I also changed our monthly plan and did not want to be locked into a 2 yr contract.  I was assured the 2 years was the pricing only and that we were not locked into a contract...now I'm left feeling like hmmmm.......

Official Employee

That is one of the oldest slave. Swapping equipment has nothing to do with your billing, all slave boxes have the same pricing
Frequent Visitor

No but it has to do with trust.  I asked if I had an older model and if I could upgrade and was told I had the latest.  I then went on to change my billing with a different package and now I'm wondering....if I was told incorrectly about the box.....then....I'm left wondering about my package and if I'm not locked into a contract for 2 years when I what I understood to happen was guaranteed pricing for 2 years....I'm just not feeling trust here based on the x1 slave box answer....

That means our DVR (XG1-P) is also probably an older model too?

If I upgrade does that mean I can get more functionality out of both?  I can't get the volume on the remote to work with the slave box.  I have to use the tv volume...frustrating, but that might be my setup and not the slave box since I have headphones set up.