Community Forum

X1 Shortcut button not working

Expert

Re: Picture-in-picture setting with X1 guide?

@Wardman wrote:

Thanks - guide advance is great. 

PIP or FAV was on the silver remotes and I used it a lot to swap between two live events or to miss commercials while watching another event (on the original anyroom DVR boxes)

you can accomplish this by hitting record on both shows. then play back the recoding on one and then the other via the last button.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thx - will try

Official Employee

With the X1 platform, record the 2 channels that you want to swap between and use the Last button to go between the 2 (or more)

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Anyone know how to program the remote to perform a function, like go right to DVR or FAV?  Would be great to program one of the a-b-c-d buttons.

I'll check on the other forums too

Official Employee

@Wardman wrote:

Anyone know how to program the remote to perform a function, like go right to DVR or FAV?  Would be great to program one of the a-b-c-d buttons.

I'll check on the other forums too

There isn't a way, that's what voice commands are used for. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Anyone recomend the best remote to use for Xfinity besides the X15 that has standard fesatures easily accessable or programable.  I spoke to the person that built the platform too.

Hate, hate, hate no simple last button vs 2 touch to get to last.  And... not haveing a fav key is annoying too, going to guide is cumbersome and not simple.  Fav folders missing are horrible too. 

Voice - not so much for what should be 1 touch.

Most Valued Poster

I kept my XR-11's with the voice command. They eat batteries like crazy but at least I can work them without looking at them. I hated the XR15 as well.

Silver Problem Solver

@Wardman wrote:

Anyone recomend the best remote to use for Xfinity besides the X15 that has standard fesatures easily accessable or programable.  I spoke to the person that built the platform too.

Hate, hate, hate no simple last button vs 2 touch to get to last.  And... not haveing a fav key is annoying too, going to guide is cumbersome and not simple.  Fav folders missing are horrible too. 

Voice - not so much for what should be 1 touch.

The Harmony remote has programming for the X1 platform.  I purchased a relative inexpensive model.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OVECU0/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I used the pic in pic B button a hundred times a day. Now I use it 0 times since removed except to see if it was brought back from useless info to pic in pic. DUMB MOVE!

Official Employee

1.5 year old thread closed