Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 Setup Issue

New Poster

X1 Setup Issue

Recently, I replaced my Xfinity tv box with an X1 hd tv box. I have everything plugged in properly, but all I get is this on screen message that reads, "Welcome to the X1 Platform. Powering up. This may take a few minutes...". This message has been there for three hours now. I've tried unplugging the box and then plugging it back in, but that doesn't work. The controller is activated but won't do anything. Even if I try to press the power button on the box, it won't turn off. I can't find a solution for this anywhere.

 

x1 tv message.jpg
Expert

Re: X1 Setup Issue


@wlynn808 wrote:

Recently, I replaced my Xfinity tv box with an X1 hd tv box. I have everything plugged in properly, but all I get is this on screen message that reads, "Welcome to the X1 Platform. Powering up. This may take a few minutes...". This message has been there for three hours now. I've tried unplugging the box and then plugging it back in, but that doesn't work. The controller is activated but won't do anything. Even if I try to press the power button on the box, it won't turn off. I can't find a solution for this anywhere. 


 do you have another outlet you can temporarily use that box to test a known good cable coax outlet?

New Poster

Re: X1 Setup Issue


@Rustyben wrote:

@wlynn808 wrote:

Recently, I replaced my Xfinity tv box with an X1 hd tv box. I have everything plugged in properly, but all I get is this on screen message that reads, "Welcome to the X1 Platform. Powering up. This may take a few minutes...". This message has been there for three hours now. I've tried unplugging the box and then plugging it back in, but that doesn't work. The controller is activated but won't do anything. Even if I try to press the power button on the box, it won't turn off. I can't find a solution for this anywhere. 


 do you have another outlet you can temporarily use that box to test a known good cable coax outlet?



No.

Official Employee

Re: X1 Setup Issue

Try taking the cable off the DVR, put it back on and restart. What kind of box was it replacing?
New Poster

Re: X1 Setup Issue


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Try taking the cable off the DVR, put it back on and restart. What kind of box was it replacing?

I may or may not have forgotten the kind of box I was replacing...