Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I have the same problem , and the only fix is to turn the box off and let it reboot, I will be glad when they get all the bugs out 

Regular Visitor

I posted this earlier in the DVR thread, but I have a feeling this might be the better place to post it.

We recently switched to X1 and enjoy many of the great new features that it offers, but the numerous bugs are quite frustrating. Like many posters have mentioned before, we have issues with the DVR forgetting the display resolution and sound settings. My X1 is hooked up through HDMI to a receiver with HDMI to the TV. Each morning when using the DVR for the first time I have to change the display resolution back to the proper setting (720p->1080p60). I also get no sound output from the DVR even though the setting is correct. I have to go to settings and change the selection from Surround to Stereo then back to Surround for it to work again. Any help would be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

@MichaelRou wrote:

I posted this earlier in the DVR thread, but I have a feeling this might be the better place to post it.

We recently switched to X1 and enjoy many of the great new features that it offers, but the numerous bugs are quite frustrating. Like many posters have mentioned before, we have issues with the DVR forgetting the display resolution and sound settings. My X1 is hooked up through HDMI to a receiver with HDMI to the TV. Each morning when using the DVR for the first time I have to change the display resolution back to the proper setting (720p->1080p60). I also get no sound output from the DVR even though the setting is correct. I have to go to settings and change the selection from Surround to Stereo then back to Surround for it to work again. Any help would be appreciated.

What is your firmware version? The Aug 14 update fixed that issue.

Regular Visitor

@Titanic1701 wrote:

@MichaelRou wrote:

What is your firmware version? The Aug 14 update fixed that issue.

I have the August 14 update on my X1, but I am still having resolution and sound issues.

Regular Contributor

I still want to know when they'll fix the bug where the recordings you pick don't show up in your scheduled recordings list
Contributor

I still have the resolution that goes to 720 and the power light still goes to full brightness. I have the latest firmware. In settings the device lights are both on one. The clock stays at the one setting but  when the box goes into power save mode and I turn everything back on, the power light is at full  brightness,again in settings it still says one for brightness level. If I turn power saver off the light will stay at the one brightness. But I want the power saver on , I want the box to go to sleep. These are minor issues , X1 has been in other markets a lot longer than it has been here in San Francisco. Are you telling me Boston, Atlanta and  Denver are still dealing with these same issues years after it was introduced.

Problem Solver

@Spike120 wrote:

I still have the resolution that goes to 720 and the power light still goes to full brightness. I have the latest firmware. In settings the device lights are both on one. The clock stays at the one setting but  when the box goes into power save mode and I turn everything back on, the power light is at full  brightness,again in settings it still says one for brightness level. If I turn power saver off the light will stay at the one brightness. But I want the power saver on , I want the box to go to sleep. These are minor issues , X1 has been in other markets a lot longer than it has been here in San Francisco. Are you telling me Boston, Atlanta and  Denver are still dealing with these same issues years after it was introduced.

What server and STB versions do you have on the box?

Problem Solver

@jushooks wrote:

Here are improvements that I think are needed:

1.  Ability to switch resolution to channel native.

2.  Extend "record after" times to at lest an hour.

3.  Be able to see just one channel's line up for the future. I want to press guide and be able to go to one particular channel's programming for the next week quickly.

You can see one channel's line up for the future if you bring up the mini-guide that takes up just the right part of the screen (press the Guide button on the remote once while you are watching something), select a channel you are intersted in there, press the right arrow button on the remote, and you should now have the schedule for that single channel (and you can use the arrow down and up buttons on the remote to move through it, or even page down and up buttons on the remote to jump through it even quicker, and move through days fairly quickly).

Problem Solver

@davephillips41 wrote:

What's even more annoying that needs to be fixed is when I set up a recording, it doesn't take it and list it in "Scheduled Recordings". Seems like it's hit or miss on that.

Not only that, but why do I have to go to Scheduled Recordings anyway. Can it mark the program in the guide with a red dot???

Normally it should be, the fact that it doesn't for some people seems like a bug.

Problem Solver

@matthewnadeau3 wrote:

Just finished reading the 26 pages making up this post.  I share many of the frustrations with the lack of features that were present in the past DVR version.  I have a couple of additional notes/questions/comments that I haven't seen addressed:

1. With my old DVR, I used to be able to save searches that I used frequently.  For instance, I had "Documentary 2012" saved and I could periodically search to see newly released documentaries.  I don't see an easy way to do something similar with the X1.  I can go in to "On Demand" and do some filtering to find new movies, but I think that there are some movies showing that aren't listed in "On Demand".

2.  It would be nice to have a "Delete All" feature in the "Deleted" section.  I personally don't like the fact that I have to delete a program twice (delete and then erase), but if there was a more efficient way of doing this, it would be less annoying.

3.  There are some references to the universal remotes (e.g. Harmony).  Do these have options for solutions to the X1 remote deficiencies (e.g. having a + / - 5 minute skip AND a + / - 30 second skip)?

4.  My remote seems to lock up occasionally - the DVR is getting the signals because I can see the green light flash, but the power and volume buttons are the only functions that work.  After I reboot the DVR, then the remote resumes functionality.

5.  The lack of the DVR manager is frustrating - I would like to be able to go to my "Dexter" recording to confirm that the next episodes are scheduled.  Instead, I need to go to the "Scheduled Recordings" and check multiple days to confirm that the recordings are scheduled.

I think that the X1 platform has the potential to be a good system if we can't get functionality that was present in past versions.

Is there a reason to delete things in the deleted folder?  They don't count toward used space and are emptied out when space is needed.  If you do want to delete things faster you can use the green D button on the remote on a particular show/movie (or even a "folder"/group of shows) and that should do it quicker.

The remote isn't really what locks up as much as the box and its funcationality that is tied to the could in one way or another--restarting will often be the only way to get it working (unless it catches up and starts after a minute or two on its own).

As far as seeing what should be recroded, once you are on a particular show, press the Info button on the remote to go to its details, and then press the right arrow button on the remote to go to its episode guide, and although I don't recall all the exact details of what's there at the moment, I believe you should be able to see upcoming episodes and if they are set to be recorded.

Problem Solver

@JohnPrescott wrote:

OK, so I have read all the X1 complaints and I think this is hopelesss. It is so bad I can't imagine it can be fixed with new versions or upgrades. So I have called Comcast business and asked for my previous box back. Which they agree to do without charge. Sounded like my requrest was not the first.

Here are three completely unacceptable features (all worked fine on my previous box);

1.There is no day up and day down on the guide. You have to scroll through every day all 24 hours.

2. The guide doesn't have a category list, movies, sports, news, etc. How dumb is that omission. Such an obviously useful utility to seatch under sports for tennis, for example. Or see wll the movies currently playing or exercise shows, whatever.

3. Worst of all: what is the reason for recording a program on your DVR -- timeshifing? So you can scoll through the commercials. Now many of the programs I "record" are not actually recorded but listed in my saved selections to view On demand. And, many of the cable stations now prohibit fast forwarding when viewing On Demand. Also, the programs set to be "recorded" (if they are in the fake recording On Demand mode) do not indicate a red botton on the guide so you can't see easily what you have set up to record. And, they don't appear in the schedulded recordings inder Saved. You just have to make lists I guess of what you are planning to watch.

Strangely, some shows do actually seem to record on the DVR. The person I spoke to today in tech support (who, by the way says she is inunderated with complaints about X1 and agreed with all of my issues). said that "if the program is available On Demand is doesn't record on DVR.

Didn't anyone do any testing of this equipment with acutal users? It seems so flawed it's hard to conceive how it can be rolling out in cities.

What you are describing as far as DVR and On Demand isn't how it works for most and isn't how it should be working.  You can record pretty much anything whether or not it's On Demand and then watch the recording unrelated to anything On Demand.  It sounds like something might not be setup right with your account or box, or there is some sort of an odd issue in your case.

Problem Solver

@masfish1967 wrote:

X2 remote losses connection with X1 STB several time a day - real pain in the rear.  When the remote loses connection, the light registers on the STB as I press button but there is no response.  Fro example, I press the xfiniti button but nothing happens except the light blinks on the front panel of the STB.

I have tried to reset STB, check for updates, and changed batteries.  The only fix that I have found is to turn off the STB, wait 10-15 secs and then turn back on using the power button on the front panel.

Does anybody have this issue and know how to fix?

The remote isn't really what locks up as much as the box and its funcationality that is tied to the could in one way or another--restarting will often be the only way to get it working (unless it catches up and starts after a minute or two on its own).

Not applicable

Does anyone know how to do the following type of search?  Search for episodes of The Office that are available to wach, but not part of the 'pay extra' streaming stuff.

Frequent Visitor

Does is bother anyone else that there is no way to Pause Live TV, or back up for a Replay on the boxes ?

This doesn't seem to get mentioned much - but its a dealbreaker for me.  A giant leap backwards in technology.

I realize there is no HDD or SSD built-in, but if everything is so "Cloud Based", there should be a way to add this functionalilty. 

Problem Solver

@johnnyp wrote:

Does is bother anyone else that there is no way to Pause Live TV, or back up for a Replay on the boxes ?

This doesn't seem to get mentioned much - but its a dealbreaker for me.  A giant leap backwards in technology.

I realize there is no HDD or SSD built-in, but if everything is so "Cloud Based", there should be a way to add this functionalilty. 

Hopefully it will be added with the cloud improvements.  That said, has Comcast ever offered that even with the AnyRoomDVR feature with the older boxes?  My understanding is that it wasn't even something that was offered before...or at the very least least perhaps not in most/some markets/regions.

Frequent Visitor

@johnnyp wrote:
Thanks for the reply Spike
The Installer added a power (active) line amp at the point of entry to the house, and the power is injected on a splitter inverter going into the back of the X1.
I am very disillusioned about the discovery that the other boxes can't pause live tv for phone calls, bathroom trips, etc - not to mention replay.  That is a dealbreaker.  It's like stepping back into the 1980's.
The 3 satellite boxes are going back. I will keep the X1 unit itself.
I am bringing my HD TiVos back out and after a little homework, I bought Netgear NeoTV boxes for my son and my daughter's rooms. 
This gives them cable channels through the Slingbox apps in HD, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Intel Widi from their laptops AND NO MONTHLY FEE.
The X1 as a whole house system is way too far NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

@Spike120 wrote:

Did you install a passive or active line amp.What are your upstream and downstream signals.The amp will no affect the MoCa filter.Does Comcast have the anyroom billing code set up on your account

@johnnyp wrote:

@johnnyp wrote:

I had the x1 installed one week ago. 

I have the Main X1 in our living room.  It seems to work okay. 

That's DEFINITELY where the happy story ends.

The 3 bedrooms (that used to have HD Tivos) now have the satellite boxes.

They cannot schedule or watch recorded TV

They cannot pause Live TV.

I have had 2 Service calls who tell me it's just a known (and unannoucned) problem with x1 "because it's cloud based" so nothing can be done as of now.

I could not be more diasappointed.  Say it ain't so, please.

After 2 tech visits, with no idea, 3 calls to X1 Service (30 min hold time) only to be told Tier 2 would call me back (they don't), I finally found a Comcast guy last night who said the power inverter (which powers the newly installed line amp that was put in to get my signal up to X1 strength) is probably block the MoCA signals and that's why my 3 boxes can't talk to the X1.  

The bad news is that they can't get a guy out until next Wed (which will be 3 weeks without DVR) and I am hoping that this guy will have some great ingenuity or invention and will boost my signal db while not blocking the MoCA signal.

I also believe in the tooth fairy.

Still hatin the X1 life.

If anyone has been following my sad saga of X1-ness, I had "install" but have never been able to watch on any of my boxes.  

I had 2 tech visits, 3 calls to X1 Service whcih each made me wait 4 days for Tier2 to return my call.

All calls began with me asking if the ANYROOM service was flagged on my account (as I have read on here.)

After standing in line for 60 mins today to return my 3 non-DVR X1's, I was told that I was not allowed to return them and keep my main X1 box, as it would all have to be turned off.

I was also told that my boxes probably didn't work because ANYROOM was NOT flagged on my account.  I was so frustrated that I was speechless.  The story of this horrible experience is way too frustrating and maddening to even begin to tell someone with the innocent public listening in.

She let me turn one box in and I got a cable card (the ONLY ONE in the building) so that I could at least return to DVR service on one of my recently retired TiVo Premieres.

I didn't realize that X1 was a lifetime sentence.

There is so much more that I could say about this as a 15yr+ customer, but I am sure that there are many out there feeling my same pain.

Regular Contributor

@C_DM wrote:

@johnnyp wrote:

Hopefully it will be added with the cloud improvements.  That said, has Comcast ever offered that even with the AnyRoomDVR feature with the older boxes?  My understanding is that it wasn't even something that was offered before...or at the very least least perhaps not in most/some markets/regions.

I believe the OP's point is that every other major television provider offers this.  Whether it was available in the past from Comcast is irrelevant.  Comcast has always lagged behind DirecTV, Dish, and U-Verse as far as technology goes.

Problem Solver

@mmaslar wrote:

@C_DM wrote:

@johnnyp wrote:

I believe the OP's point is that every other major television provider offers this.  Whether it was available in the past from Comcast is irrelevant.  Comcast has always lagged behind DirecTV, Dish, and U-Verse as far as technology goes.

That's understandable, but it seems like that post was a surprise from the point of view of X1 suddenly not offering this, not Comcast not having this feature in general.  Maybe this wasn't the case with that post in particular (although I still don't know if that's the case or not), but quite a few times when a post like that comes it comes from previous Comcast customers, who should really have an idea of what their providers offers already and shouldn't be surprised that it doesn't offer this functionality on X1 as far as them expecting it and finding out that it's not there.  (Of course being surprised that it's still not there with a newer service like X1 in general, while the rest of the industry might have it, that's somethwat different.)

Regular Contributor

I was having trouble with my DVR not recording shows on occasion (seemed to happen most often between 7pm & 10pm, which is when most of my favorite shows come on TV).  I hated not knowing if a show would record or not.  I would check the Scheduled Recordings list all the time to ensure that my shows were on there, but even if they were, there was no guarantee that they would record.

I scheduled an in-home visit, and a tech came out and checked my signals.  He said they were way too high.  He made some adjustments and brought the signals within specs and the Non DVR box is definitely working a lot better.  Just for good measure, he swapped out my DVR for a new one.  Everything was working pretty well at first on Saturday, but beginning Saturday night, I noticed that my recorded shows don't show up in the Recorded list on the DVR for a while.  Sometimes I can begin watching them by going to the scheduled recordings list and selecting them from there (other times, the only option is to modify the recording, even if it's already started).  The recordings show up on my satellite box fine though, so it's only an issue with the DVR.  I'm assuming this is software related since the shows are actually recording, just not showing on my recorded list.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Also, I noticed the recording light does not light up most of the time when the DVR is actually recording.

There are still a lot of bugs with this system to be charging customers a premium price for it, and it seems with every update that fixes one problem, a new problem emerges.  The most frustrating part for me is that the DVR is not reliable.  That should be number one on the priority list of bug fixes - record the shows that are supposed to record.  Put the apps and other enhancements on the back burner for now please.  I want to be able to know that when I get home from work today, my shows will be available for me to watch.  That's all I really ask.

Frequent Visitor

Even during my friendly debate in the Comcast Store this am, she was emphatic that the is no Pause, Replay when watching DVR remotely, but THERE IS when on Live TV.  

Obviously incorrect, but what I was told as part of my decision to have it installed.  Therein lies a great bit of my disappointment.   It seems that they are still telling candidates that erroneous feature - and to me, IT MAKES a BIG Difference. 

Regular Contributor

My X1 box won't record anything. Doesn't matter whether I try to put something under Scheduled Recordings OR even if I just hit the record button on what I have on the TV now.

I've already called the X1 Platform line and they are escalating it to a Level 2 tech support issue, but they have to call me back.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work. The whole idea of having X1 is to be able to record programs!!!

Regular Contributor

@davephillips41 wrote:

My X1 box won't record anything. Doesn't matter whether I try to put something under Scheduled Recordings OR even if I just hit the record button on what I have on the TV now.

I've already called the X1 Platform line and they are escalating it to a Level 2 tech support issue, but they have to call me back.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work. The whole idea of having X1 is to be able to record programs!!!

Do you have any programs in the saved list to watch? Or the deleted list to clear out? I read earlier that someone had this issue, deleted something (picked at random) from the saved list, and was able to record shows after that.

Regular Contributor

wrote:

Does anyone know how to do the following type of search?  Search for episodes of The Office that are available to wach, but not part of the 'pay extra' streaming stuff.

I seem to remember something in the settings where you could pick what you wanted to include in the search. I think there are 3 choices, something like HD only, On Damand, and something else. I could be wrong, but I really do think I remember seeing this in the settings somewhere. I am not home at the moment, so I cannot confirm.

Frequent Visitor

Hi I recently recieved the X1 platform for my house and I've had issues with it since day one. Mainly the main unit in the house which is a PX001ANM. The issue arrises when I have the cable box connected to my 42 inch Westinghouse TV ( TX-42F810G) via HDMI. 

Whenever I start the box up it just flashes snow and then my TV reports No Signal, and back and forth. Sometimes after a few minutes it finally kicks in and displays normally other times I have to reboot the box multiple times.

Every time I call in they send "refresh" signals to my cable box which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. In all honesty I don't think the "refresh" signals are what fixes it, its really the fact that I'm power cycling the cable box.

From what I can tell it seems that the cable box is negotiating 1080p with my TV(my TV is capable of 1080p) however for some reason it can't display. When it does finally work and I go into settings I see 720p. The second I try to manually switch it to 1080p(or 1080i) the screen goes back to flashing snow/No signal. I'm honestly tired of calling in because all they can ever do is send "refresh" signals which I don't believe correct a resolution negotiation issue between the cable box and my TV. The other things they've done is replace the cable box, and I've replaced the HDMI cable with multiple kinds.

Is there anything else that I can do, that wouldn't involve calling into support just to get the run around?

Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Wondergod try hooking it up with component cables or cable and switch the resolution, and then hook up HDMI and see what happens ( you might have a box with a bad HDMI port if it doesn't work)

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Had a similar timing problem. Seems HDMI Cables can be very fussy and easily act up when they are plugged/unplugged. And sometims just a new interface plug, (like introducing a new box) can hose the timing.

I ended up going out and buying  quality HDMI cables that are just the length I need and HDMI Timing issue went away.

I was able to test this when my TV flashed colored lines and reported no signal, I unplugged and replugged the old HDMI cable and it would work (sort of). Sometimes when changing channels it would also lose signal and I later discovered that I could correct the problem, (again sort of ) by shutting off my Sony stereo and restarting that back up to reset the signal

Note: My hookup was from cable box, HDMI to Sony surround system and HDMI from Sony to TV.

I replaced both HDMIs to be safe. Make sure to go to something like Best Buy and tell the person there you need quality cable(s), and bring your wallet.

It does not pay to buy ElCheapo cables.

Good Luck

Frequent Visitor

Sorry I should of put that component cables work fine. Even swapping it doesn't make a difference once HDMI is plugged in things stop working.

I've also tried multiple (5)HDMI cables and I've had 3 cable boxes swapped out. I also tested my TV with my old cable box, a TivoHD, PS3, Xbox360 and a Bluray player. The only thing that doesn't work is the X1 cable box and my TV with HDMI.

Contributor

Yeah, Mine worked fine with component hookup also.

I also had several cables and all had the same problem until I bought new quality cables?

I would set a service call and tell the call taker to have the tech bring HDMI cable and you can show him that component works and could he please make HDMI work?

I don't have any other suggestions.

Contributor

When you are watching a live show, just hit the down arrow to get a pop up screen.  It has skip back and forth, fast forward and back, closed captions, and switch to live.  It also has a jump back to the start of the show you are watching.  Where is this documented?  Be nice to get the Manual.

Not applicable

I am SO FRUSTRATED with the X1 DVR.  It seems to have a mind of its own regarding when to put a recording I've selected onto the "scheduled recordings" list.  Yes, sometimes if I shut the DVR off and then turn it back on the shows will display in "scheduled recordings" but do I really have to constantly turn the DVR on and off to ensure my show is recording?  The red dot sometimes will display on the menu if I select a show to record, but often will not.  Same goes for when I try to record shows online.  I really truly can not believe Comcast would put out a product that has obviously gone through little or no testing.  UNREAL!

Also I'd still like to know how to find out if a show, such as The Office, is available to watch ON DEMAND but not part of the Streaming pay extra service (another ridiculuous item to have to pay extra for!!!)  I just want to be able to view free ON DEMAND shows and filter out the pay to view stuff.

Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to have the X1 box display the current channel instead of the time like you used to be able to on the prior boxes?

Regular Contributor

Well, Comcast is sending a tech out tomorrow morning to see why I can't record anything. They are brining another box in case the box is the problem.

Regular Contributor

@lickem1966 wrote:

Is it possible to have the X1 box display the current channel instead of the time like you used to be able to on the prior boxes?

Currently, no.

New Poster

Just got the X1. I would like to have the ability to:

1) Output in native resolution like my  DCX3400 could. My TV is better at scaling or deinterlacing than this box is.

2) Ability to select the color space of the output. My TV works best with RGB 16-235 (are there advanced settings to change this somewhere in a hidden menu?)

3) Have a pass through mode for Audio like my DCX had. (maybe "surround sound" in the X1 is already doing this?). My processor is good at working directly with the different station's sound output. I don't want the box altering what is coming down the pipe.

4) have fewer bugs.

New Poster

I am having a heck of a time pairing (3) XR2 Remotes (ver. U2) to three standard X1 STB's. I paired the same kind of remote to the main X1 DVR box without hassle. For the (3) STBs, I've tried unpairing them by doing the 9-8-7 thing and repairing them. It says when repairing, you may have to press the Xfinity button up to 5 times, but all this does is pull up the guide and cycle thru it. When I un-pair, I get a green/red/green/red blink pattern. When repairing I get green/green/red.

This is really getting frustrating b/c the lag is so horrible b/t the button presses and the DVR box that is working lag free, is the least used. I can sort of deal with it, but my wife can't and wants all this stuff sent back for the old stuff..

Regular Contributor

@davephillips41 wrote:

Well, Comcast is sending a tech out tomorrow morning to see why I can't record anything. They are brining another box in case the box is the problem.

I had the same problem when the installer left.  That problem is the ONLY one they have been able to fix.  Some reset they did on their end.  Wish I could see the recordings on the satellite box or stop getting these phantom recordings from the previous user of the DVR.  I get about 50 a day!

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THOSE POINTS

Not applicable

Does anyone know how to record NEW programs on a specific channel?  When I select a show to record new episodes for, sometimes they are listed as "new" when they air on another channel as a repeat.  So I am getting tons of recordings I don't want. 

Regular Contributor

Last night I had 4 programs ready to record at 9:00.  3 out of 4 did not record.  This seems to happen frequently.  At first I thought I was just forgetting to set the recordings.  Now I see that they are just fanishing.  Comcast....What's the point of a DVR if it doesn't record????

Regular Contributor

wrote:

Does anyone know how to record NEW programs on a specific channel?  When I select a show to record new episodes for, sometimes they are listed as "new" when they air on another channel as a repeat.  So I am getting tons of recordings I don't want. 

Under recording options you can select "This channel only" and "only new programs".  This combination will work if the system is in a good mood.  

Regular Contributor

@npicone wrote:

I am having a heck of a time pairing (3) XR2 Remotes (ver. U2) to three standard X1 STB's. I paired the same kind of remote to the main X1 DVR box without hassle. For the (3) STBs, I've tried unpairing them by doing the 9-8-7 thing and repairing them. It says when repairing, you may have to press the Xfinity button up to 5 times, but all this does is pull up the guide and cycle thru it. When I un-pair, I get a green/red/green/red blink pattern. When repairing I get green/green/red.

This is really getting frustrating b/c the lag is so horrible b/t the button presses and the DVR box that is working lag free, is the least used. I can sort of deal with it, but my wife can't and wants all this stuff sent back for the old stuff..

The remotes cannot be paired with the Non-DVR "Satellite" boxes.  Only the DVR can be paired with the XR2 Remotes... This is something that Comcast does not tell you.

Regular Contributor

@mars21 wrote:

wrote:

Under recording options you can select "This channel only" and "only new programs".  This combination will work if the system is in a good mood.  

It actually doesn't have to do with the system's mood, but rather how the recording is set up.  If you use the search feature to set up your series recording, you will not get the "This Channel Only" option.  You must use the guide to scroll to the show you want and set up the series recording from there.  That will allow you to select the "This Channel Only" option.

Not applicable

That is the answer I was looking for!!! Thanks

Contributor

To take this one step further, find the show you want to record on theGuide, don't push the red record button on your remote, push INFO button, then you will see the Record prompt, and then record on this channel only. I just found out about this today from a Comcast tech. I tried it and it worked! Good Luck!

Regular Visitor

Re: PA PR150BNM cable box problems

Hello

You have all the reason in the world to rant! Comcast is a great example of how a company should NOT be run.

They want to control all of my needs (TV,Internet,Phone) But when it comes to service they are at the bottom of the list.  First off I have to wait between 15 and 30 minutes for them to answer when I call.

t

Then I have to wait 4-7 days to get someone out to try to figure out the problem. 

THis is my most expensive monthly bill after my home mortage! My electric company would be out the same day and when they fix something it stays fixed. I had comcast out yesterday to fix and internet connection problem and the problem is back again! 

I have made appointments with them and they have never showed up. I call and they say I never had an appointment ! Why would I lie and give 2 hrs of my life to them?This happened twice in the last two weeks.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. I would in a heart beat go to Verizon Fios but they are not in my area and comcast knows this.

Regular Contributor

Is anyone else having this problem?  I can see the programs in the scheduled listing and then the next day they are not recorded.  I called Comcast and was told I needed a new box.  That doesn't sound ringt and I don't want to change boxes if I don't have to because everything else is working well and I don't want to set everything again.  

Frequent Visitor

@Bmiller67 wrote:

Hello

You have all the reason in the world to rant! Comcast is a great example of how a company should NOT be run.

They want to control all of my needs (TV,Internet,Phone) But when it comes to service they are at the bottom of the list.  First off I have to wait between 15 and 30 minutes for them to answer when I call.

t

Then I have to wait 4-7 days to get someone out to try to figure out the problem. 

THis is my most expensive monthly bill after my home mortage! My electric company would be out the same day and when they fix something it stays fixed. I had comcast out yesterday to fix and internet connection problem and the problem is back again! 

I have made appointments with them and they have never showed up. I call and they say I never had an appointment ! Why would I lie and give 2 hrs of my life to them?This happened twice in the last two weeks.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. I would in a heart beat go to Verizon Fios but they are not in my area and comcast knows this.

Couldn't be more true.

I finally pulled the trigger on an X1 install after being reassured by Sales that the slave boxes cannot pause DVR, but CAN pause and replay Live TV.

Not True, but I never even got to that point.

After having the X1 and 3 slave units installed, they never could communicate with the main box, thus they were nothing more than HD decryption boxes (that took 10 mins to boot up.)

Every time I called, it was at least a 30 minute hold - meaning they don't care enough about Customer Service to hire enough people to handle the load.   It has been this way for a long time and they still don't care.  They are obviously cash-rich buying NBC and Universal for $19B, but can't staff their Customer Service Dept.  

This is costing them a lot more than they are saving, and would be smarter than spending $$ advertising the X1, which is no where near even a beta test level product.

But I digress, after the 30 minute hold, I am told every time that my case must be elevated to Tier 2, but there is no way to talk to them.  If you are lucky, they call you back in 4-5 days.  The last time, they never called me back.

I kept the main X1 box, after being aware of its shortcomings, I think I can live with it, but packed up the 3 slaves (putting my HD Tivos which are greatly superior back into the 3 bedrooms) and proceeded to the Comcast Store.  After 3 days of driving by with the line "out of the door", there were ONLY 12 people in line, so I went in to return my 3 slave X1 boxes. 

2 People staffing the Counter.  2 people.   Only 2 people.  What an utterly pitiful attempt at Customer Service! 

After waiting over an hour, I was told that I am not allowed to return those boxes.  Imagine that.  An X1 life sentence.  So I scheduled the 3rd service call and proceded to wait another 5 days.

When the tech arrived, I handed him the box with the 3 slave units in them and now all is well.

I was a Customer that became "UnServiced".  I work and suffered through the system and finally bailed out, Servicing mysefl.

Good luck to the rest of you. 

I will stay in touch as my interest is now piqued.

Regular Contributor

@Bmiller67 wrote:

My favorite is when the never show up. You call in to ask why, they state that the tech called and nobody was home, so he canceled the appointment. They use that a lot.

Regular Contributor

I can power on the box with the remote but when I do a full power down the box will not power down, I have to do that at the box. Is this normal or is there a fix.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Why does the guide not have the ability to move forward in date?

Why is there no reminder feature?