Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Thanks Andrew.  My boxes did NOT come with IR eyes.  I'd be ok with that to hide the boxes.  I guess I'll have to stop by the service center to get those IR extenders.

Still miffed that everyone at Comcast says RF should work on all boxes.

Bill.

Contributor

If you cannot afford a $500 TV...you have no business signing up for the X1 service.
Regular Contributor

Hoosier. This is a place to seek help not spread venom.
Contributor

Who is this in response to??

@Hoosier317 wrote:
If you cannot afford a $500 TV...you have no business signing up for the X1 service.

Diamond Problem Solver

You don't need a $500 tv to sign up for x1 service that's why there's a coax output.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

@nightsmusic wrote:

Why are you yelling at me? I have evertyhing plugged into the correct ports. They are the same ports that TWO Comcast techs plugged them into, they're the same ports that are in the schematic posted above. I plugged them into different ones thinking maybe the cords are color coded wrong. It didn't matter. The color is still wonky. I don't understand what else I can do short of taking a picture of the back of the box and the TV and posting it here! And I can't afford a $500 TV right now.

I thought asking for some help was the right thing to do, but I guess it wasn't.

My apologies. Sorry to have bothered everyone.

@RickGr4 wrote:

It's not hooked up properly. If you don't understand all of the free and correct advice that has been posted here THEN PAY A PRO TO FIX IT FOR YOU.

If you cannot afford a $500 TV...you have no business signing up for the X1 service. Subscription television service is not a necessity. If you televion is well over a decade old and faulty, replace it. If you cannot afford to do so...rethink your priorities. 
Contributor

@nightsmusic wrote:

Excuse me? Just who do you think you are? There's a difference between being able to afford something and having a budget you're trying to live within. I'm going to guess here that we make WAY more money than you do so until you know the facts, STFU. Go find somewhere else to spit your garbage.

Oh, and try reading through the rest of the thread next time, moron.

@Hoosier317 wrote:

If you cannot afford a $500 TV...you have no business signing up for the X1 service. Subscription television service is not a necessity. If you televion is well over a decade old and faulty, replace it. If you cannot afford to do so...rethink your priorities. 

...said the person whining about an issue caused by their own faulty and antiquated television. As to your claim regarding income, your $500 budget suggests otherwise.  

Contributor

How dare you come in here and start stuff like this? Again, who do you think you are? Oh, wait, you're one of those who buys a new cell phone or TV every time the latest comes out because you have to have the biggest and best. So the rest of us just don't measure up, right?

Stay out of things you have no contributions for. Quit whining about stuff you can't help with. You know nothing and are simply coming in here to start trouble.

Again...moron.

@Hoosier317 wrote:

@nightsmusic wrote:

Excuse me? Just who do you think you are? There's a difference between being able to afford something and having a budget you're trying to live within. I'm going to guess here that we make WAY more money than you do so until you know the facts, STFU. Go find somewhere else to spit your garbage.

@Hoosier317 wrote:

...said the person whining about an issue caused by their own faulty and antiquated television. As to your claim regarding income, your $500 budget suggests otherwise.  

Contributor

@nightsmusic wrote:

How dare you come in here and start stuff like this? Again, who do you think you are? Oh, wait, you're one of those who buys a new cell phone or TV every time the latest comes out because you have to have the biggest and best. So the rest of us just don't measure up, right?

Stay out of things you have no contributions for. Quit whining about stuff you can't help with. You know nothing and are simply coming in here to start trouble.

Again...moron.

@Hoosier317 wrote:

@nightsmusic wrote:

@Hoosier317 wrote:

No one can help with an issue that has to do with YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. It isn't even a Comcast issue. Ask for donations in necessary and buy a televion without knobs on the front capable of color broadcasts. 

Regular Contributor

I guess technically i couldn't afford my $2100 TV I got this summer since my mortgage isn't paid off and thats money I could have added to my sons college fund but since I paid the tv off over 2 months, pay all my bills on time and put money into his fund , my retirement etc I decided to go for it. That money could always be put into a rainy day fund in case of job loss or some other issue but why give a guy a hard time who said he didn't want to spring for a new tv and was hoping someone could solve his issue without having to buy a new tv? Save the life lecturing advice for someone who's asking for it hoosier.

Contributor

Since we, meaning those who were helping me, figured out that it was not an issue with the box, which I would not have known without their help since the technicians even thought it was the box, I PAID CASH for a new TV which I'm sure is more than what you will ever be able to do.Just because I chose to try and solve my problem before dumping an otherwise great TV means I was being responsible.

Unlike you.

As for the knobs, the only ones around here must be on your head.

So stay out of things you know nothing about. You're about as useful as a dead cow at a vegan convention.

moron

@Hoosier317 wrote:

No one can help with an issue that has to do with YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. It isn't even a Comcast issue. Ask for donations in necessary and buy a televion without knobs on the front capable of color broadcasts. 

Contributor

@cldlhd wrote:

I guess technically i couldn't afford my $2100 TV I got this summer since my mortgage isn't paid off and thats money I could have added to my sons college fund but since I paid the tv off over 2 months, pay all my bills on time and put money into his fund , my retirement etc I decided to go for it. That money could always be put into a rainy day fund in case of job loss or some other issue but why give a guy a hard time who said he didn't want to spring for a new tv and was hoping someone could solve his issue without having to buy a new tv? Save the life lecturing advice for someone who's asking for it hoosier.

I could do without someone using the X1 thread to whine about an issue caused on their own end. A problem they should have been able to easily diagnose had they utilized some basic common sense. 

Regular Contributor

Yes it turned out to be on his end but there have been enough common issues with X1 that if you have a problem after installation that you never had before ,with all the other equipment being the same, then its worth

@Hoosier317 wrote:

@cldlhd wrote:

I could do without someone using the X1 thread to whine about an issue caused on their own end. A problem they should have been able to easily diagnose had they utilized some basic common sense. 

mentioning to see if others are having the same issue. I don't think many others were that bothered by his advice seeking.

Contributor

And I could do with people staying away who only come here to cause trouble, but we can't all have what we want, can we?

Oh, wait! I can! Go away Hoosier317!

There, that fixes the problem.

Highlighted
Contributor

@nightsmusic wrote:

Since we, meaning those who were helping me, figured out that it was not an issue with the box, which I would not have known without their help since the technicians even thought it was the box, I PAID CASH for a new TV which I'm sure is more than what you will ever be able to do.Just because I chose to try and solve my problem before dumping an otherwise great TV means I was being responsible.

Unlike you.

As for the knobs, the only ones around here must be on your head.

So stay out of things you know nothing about. You're about as useful as a dead cow at a vegan convention.

moron

@Hoosier317 wrote:

The mere fact that you had to call out a tech when the issue was something incredibly simple with your own TV is laughable. You are a perfect example of why it is necessary for technical support staff to first ask customers to make sure an item is even plugged in before further diagnosing a problem. Also rather funny is that you believe it is remarkable that you paid a few hundred dollars cash for your TV. Congratulations on your bargin bin equipment. So sorry to hear about your "great" TV that was both faulty and incredibly antiquated. You can probably sell it for about $25 on Craigslist, so there's the good news! Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my top of the line and perfectly calibrated home theater. If someone goes wrong with my own equipment, I'll deal with it myself rather than blaming the cable box right off the bat.

Contributor

@cldlhd wrote:

Yes it turned out to be on his end but there have been enough common issues with X1 that if you have a problem after installation that you never had before ,with all the other equipment being the same, then its worth

@Hoosier317 wrote:

@cldlhd wrote:

mentioning to see if others are having the same issue. I don't think many others were that bothered by his advice seeking.

Common sense dictates that you test your other equipment first and identify which source is the true issue. No common sense was used in this case. 

Contributor

@nightsmusic wrote:

And I could do with people staying away who only come here to cause trouble, but we can't all have what we want, can we?

Oh, wait! I can! Go away Hoosier317!

There, that fixes the problem.

Please use your time away to locate some common sense. 

Contributor

Really? Your top of the line equipment that's going to be obsolete before you've even paid for half of it? Are you kidding me? And I did try it on my other equipment including a flat panel that's a year old, moron, before I called to have the box exhanged. After it was exhanged, the new box did the same thing. So don't hand me that "I know how to do everything and don't need help" garbage. You're a moron who only wants to come in here and whine because you have absolutely nothing better to do today.

Go away. You're like a gnat. You do know what those are, don't you?

@Hoosier317 wrote:

Common sense dictates that you test your other equipment first and identify which source is the true issue. No common sense was used in this case. 

Contributor

@nightsmusic wrote:

Really? Your top of the line equipment that's going to be obsolete before you've even paid for half of it? Are you kidding me? And I did try it on my other equipment including a flat panel that's a year old, moron, before I called to have the box exhanged. After it was exhanged, the new box did the same thing. So don't hand me that "I know how to do everything and don't need help" garbage. You're a moron who only wants to come in here and whine because you have absolutely nothing better to do today.

Go away. You're like a gnat. You do know what those are, don't you?

@Hoosier317 wrote:

I have nothing to pay off. All of my equipment was paid for in full at the time it was purchased. Nothing whatsoever on credit. 

You should have tested other equipment with the same television first. Then, once idenfying a particular device (such as a cable box) as the source of a problem...you test it with a different television. Yet you now claim to have had the same problem with two different receivers and two different televisions, one of which was much newer. If true then the problem would have been with the receiver and not with the television and purhchasing a new television would not have been the solution to the problem. In reality the problem was the antiquated television and had nothing do with the receiver. 

Contributor

Again, you know nothing. You didn't bother to read through the whole thread to see what I did or didn't do so just go away.

Contributor

nightsmusic wrote:

Again, you know nothing. You didn't bother to read through the whole thread to see what I did or didn't do so just go away.

Keep spinning...

Diamond Problem Solver

Nightsmusic and all, best you can do is ignore loosier, you cant have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Spinning what? Just because I said I tried everything with the second box earlier in the thread, it doesn't mean I was going to list every little step! You want me to announce when I went to the bathroon too?

Get a life and get out of this thread. Again, you know absolutely nothing.

Contributor

@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
Nightsmusic and all, best you can do is ignore loosier, you cant have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

You're right. I need to just ignore him. A little crabby today and got sucked into his garbage. Another moron to add to my ignore list.

New Poster

WOW!  My first to the thread looking for technical kowledge and happen upon "drama" by at least one adolescent.... Please stick to the facts, and nothing but the facts. I am an old man and do not wish to relive my jr. high school years.

Diamond Problem Solver

Curt, there's lots of guys on here who have had the x1 for awhile with both good/negative end results and most willing to help.

Contributor

Wow! I've been away for a while and from the looks of the latest thread, Comcast seems to have been succeeding lately deflecting attention from their still imperfect X1 system by somehow turning some of us against one and other.

Very tricky!

In any event, my long delayed update is that I guess I have just become accustomed to the shortcomings of my X1. It still fails to record some shows, still records some shows I didn't even select to record, the menu still freezes up at times, and most irritatingly, will short record some shows, like the Dr. Who Christmas special that was 85 min. long, but my X1 only recorded 80 minutes cutting off the big reveal.

Perhaps I shouldn't whine, but I guess there's no pleasing some people...

Expert
Moved: