Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Went through the same problem trying to pair my remotes to my multiple non-DVR X1 boxes without success.  Although the remote can pair (via RF) with the X1 platform (i.e. the DVR box), the non-DVR boxes do not support pairing.  I was assured by 3 different sales personnel after they checked with the technical support that pairing did work on all of the X1 platform boxes; however, after installation I could only pair a remote to the X1 DVR box.  I searched the internet and read installation instructions, spec sheets, etc. and finally called tech support directly.  I was on the line for 30 minutes with the tech support person who confirmed that the RNG 150N does not support RF pairing.

Frequent Visitor

Well, I finally got my XR5 remote in the mail from the Comcast accessory store.

It arrived broken beyond repair.

I contacted the store using their damaged item received procedure, and despite providing all the requested information (Order number, item(s) damaged, pictures, and description of damage to packaging) all I've gotten back is 4 automated emails from my contact form submission, that all read exactly the same thing:

"Response
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we are only able to assist you with inquiries related to our online store. Please contact our Technical Support department at 1-877-550-0793 for further assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you!"

Something tells me technical support won't be able to help me with my damaged items. Anyone know a better point of contact? I know the comcast locations don't carry the XR5, otherwise I'd take it there and ask to have it exchanged with a new one. I even opted for overpriced 1-day shipping. Now I'll no doubt have to spend another week and hours on the phone trying to get my order straightened out.

Regular Contributor

Just receiced tge XR5 remote yesterday and luckily its fine, probably damaged during shipping and thars always a hassle. I feel for ya

Frequent Visitor

I went through the same experience with the same result as splus12. I have my x1 non DVR in my closet. The remote ir receiver I received from comcast did not work at all but the one I bought through Monoprice worked better but inconsistently. My solution? I pulled out an old iphone that had been around as a backup, downloaded the remote app and use my iphone as a remote, other than using the cc remote to turn the tv on and off and to control the volume. What my phone can change channels with the box in a closet and the cc remote cannot? I do not know.
Regular Contributor

@xaj wrote:

Well, I finally got my XR5 remote in the mail from the Comcast accessory store.

It arrived broken beyond repair.

I contacted the store using their damaged item received procedure, and despite providing all the requested information (Order number, item(s) damaged, pictures, and description of damage to packaging) all I've gotten back is 4 automated emails from my contact form submission, that all read exactly the same thing:

"Response
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we are only able to assist you with inquiries related to our online store. Please contact our Technical Support department at 1-877-550-0793 for further assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you!"

Something tells me technical support won't be able to help me with my damaged items. Anyone know a better point of contact? I know the comcast locations don't carry the XR5, otherwise I'd take it there and ask to have it exchanged with a new one. I even opted for overpriced 1-day shipping. Now I'll no doubt have to spend another week and hours on the phone trying to get my order straightened out.

Probably not what yu want o hear right now but the backlight orks great lights up as soon as you pick it up

New Poster

Hello Comcast Community-

Last week I had my comcast service installed and we have the X1 DVR box in living room and the other terminal in the master bedroom. But my remote and/or box in the living room has some serious lag or connection problem. The red light on the remote flashes every time i hit a button, but the box only recieves the signal 1 out 5 times. I saw one other post of someone reporting lag when switching channels, this is different.

Of course I'm less the 15feet away from the box and there is nothing between the box and remote that would interfere with the signal. I have placed a call to Tech support and the person who helped me reset my box but that didn't resolve the problem. He also went on to say that they have the X1 boxes in the office and there is a delay when changing channels. I explained that is not the problem I'm having.

Also told him that when I hit the power button on remote, it turns off tv but the box stays on, which i find unusal. But he stated that is a known issue at this time and they are working on fixing that in an update. What really makes me shake my head is that the X1 terminal in our master bedroom turns off when i hit the power buttton and also recieves the signal from the remote with every buttton i push. No delay or having to hit the same button 4 or 5 times to get the box to change the channel.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to make sure I gave details on the issues we are having. My wife and I are frustrated with it to the point I'm writing this post. Please feel free to send any replies if there is a fix for this or thoughts on it. Thanks to all who took the time, greatly appreciated!

Tags (4)
Frequent Visitor

The installer brought an XR2, I have the iPhone app as well. I still would rather have an XR5, because I'm usually operating the remote in pitch dark since I'm using a projector. I don't really like the iPhone app, it's not very fast for input and channel surfing...

Still not sure who to contact about my bad order, since the FAQ instructions resulted in a dead automated response over, and over, and over again.

Gold Problem Solver

The X1/X2 is designed to stay on 24/7. I have read here in this forum that Comcast is telling people that an update is planned that will allow the remote to shut off the boxes but I am not sure about that. Personally I think that is unlikely.

I don't understand why people are so A**L about shutting these boxes off. The power usage difference between on and off is negligible. I have programmed hundreds of universal remote controls and leaving cable boxes turned on 24-7 can be a big problem solver. I would leave my X1/X2 turned on 24-7 even if the remote could turn them off.

In regards to your remote performance issues, I am wondering if your TV is flooding the IR receiving window in your X1 box. Most flat screen TV's give off some sort of RF interference. Sometimes that RF interference can mess with remote control operation and "flood" the IR receiver in your cable box. When this happens your X1 could possibly ignore remote commands and become sluggish with others. The early Pace boxes that Comcast was installing had a huge problem with this but it hasn't been as big of a problem lately.

To test you could try would be to move your X1 box where it is out of sight from the TV then try to control it. Temporarily move it around the corner into a different room or put it in a cabinet. Then see if the remote controls it better. If it does, you have your answer. If not you may need to consider the idea that you have a defective box. Also, have you tried the remote from your bedroom in the living room?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Rick G. in MSP

@tfrederick333 wrote:

Hello Comcast Community-

Last week I had my comcast service installed and we have the X1 DVR box in living room and the other terminal in the master bedroom. But my remote and/or box in the living room has some serious lag or connection problem. The red light on the remote flashes every time i hit a button, but the box only recieves the signal 1 out 5 times. I saw one other post of someone reporting lag when switching channels, this is different.

Of course I'm less the 15feet away from the box and there is nothing between the box and remote that would interfere with the signal. I have placed a call to Tech support and the person who helped me reset my box but that didn't resolve the problem. He also went on to say that they have the X1 boxes in the office and there is a delay when changing channels. I explained that is not the problem I'm having.

Also told him that when I hit the power button on remote, it turns off tv but the box stays on, which i find unusal. But he stated that is a known issue at this time and they are working on fixing that in an update. What really makes me shake my head is that the X1 terminal in our master bedroom turns off when i hit the power buttton and also recieves the signal from the remote with every buttton i push. No delay or having to hit the same button 4 or 5 times to get the box to change the channel.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to make sure I gave details on the issues we are having. My wife and I are frustrated with it to the point I'm writing this post. Please feel free to send any replies if there is a fix for this or thoughts on it. Thanks to all who took the time, greatly appreciated!

New Poster

Is there a way to program the 30 sec skip withOUT sacrificing the 5 min skips?
I've tried teaching my harmony remote the 5 min skip, then reprogramming my xr2 using 0030 and then teaching that to different buttons,
but doing so overwrote my initial 5 min skips.
Basically, is there:
A) a way to have 4 separate buttons on my xr2 - 5 min skip, 5 min back, 30 sec skip and 15 sec back?
OR
a way to teach my harmony remote all 4 commands?

I was able to do this with my old comcast remote...not being able to so with the new one would succckkkk..
Regular Contributor

@Tvoltagg wrote:
I've tried teaching my harmony remote the 5 min skip, then reprogramming my xr2 using 0030 and then teaching that to different buttons,
Basically, is there:
A) a way to have 4 separate buttons on my xr2 - 5 min skip, 5 min back, 30 sec skip and 15 sec back?
OR

I was able to do this with my old comcast remote...not being able to so with the new one would succckkkk..

With the X1, you are programming the X1 box itself, not the remote. So, it looks like it's either 30 seconds or 5 minutes. Hopefully, they will change this. Maybe you can program your harmony with a quick toggle button to switch between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Toggle to the skip time you want, then use the skip button to skip forward.

Gold Problem Solver

Some Harmony remotes (but not all) have the ability to program a button with a macro command. Depending upon which Harmony remote you are talking about, what Titanic is suggesting could be done. Personally the 30 second skip does everything I need it to do... Considering I have seen commercials come in blocks from 2 minutes to 6 minutes (Sons of Anarchy occasionally has 6 minutes commercial blocks ARGH!!!), I am not sure I see a use for the 5 minute skip.

Rick G. in MSP

@Titanic1701 wrote:

@Tvoltagg wrote:
Basically, is there:
OR

With the X1, you are programming the X1 box itself, not the remote. So, it looks like it's either 30 seconds or 5 minutes. Hopefully, they will change this. Maybe you can program your harmony with a quick toggle button to switch between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Toggle to the skip time you want, then use the skip button to skip forward.

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

Some Harmony remotes (but not all) have the ability to program a button with a macro command. Depending upon which Harmony remote you are talking about, what Titanic is suggesting could be done. Personally the 30 second skip does everything I need it to do... Considering I have seen commercials come in blocks from 2 minutes to 6 minutes (Sons of Anarchy occasionally has 6 minutes commercial blocks ARGH!!!), I am not sure I see a use for the 5 minute skip.

Rick G. in MSP

@Titanic1701 wrote:

@Tvoltagg wrote:
Basically, is there:
OR

I do sometimes wish I had both 30 second and 5 minute skips. 5 minutes comes in handy when you  only want to see the end of a program (for instance Sports Center on Fridays with the Not Top Ten at the end of the show), or you stop viewing a show, only to have it not have the "resume" option. You then have to skip a couple of hours to get back to where you left off.

Highlighted
Contributor

It's flabbergasting just how little functionality is actually supported by the X1 platform.  There have been multiple posts recently discussing how to program skips of 30 seconds versus 5 minutes.  How is it possible that X1 doesn't allow navigating the guide a day-at-a-time?  How is it possible that the only options for extending a recording is 1, 3, or 5 minutes?  How come you can't set a recording using manual time settings?  How can customers influence what features Comcast will support with X1?

Gold Problem Solver

We were told by a Comcast Mod they had a reason for offering just the 1, 3, 5 minute recording extension but to my knowledge we have yet to hear what that reason is...

Rick G. in MSP

Regular Contributor

I've had some recordings start at the beginning instead of resuming when flipping between a live channel and a recording. It's only happened in X2 never noticed it in x1 but it could be a coincidence. Just got the November 26th update so who knows maybe that'll fix it. This morning my companion box in my bedroom couldn't access the dvr so I restarted both and the updates were there, maybe one had it before the restart and that's why they weren't communicating.
Regular Contributor

@macname wrote:

It's flabbergasting just how little functionality is actually supported by the X1 platform.  There have been multiple posts recently discussing how to program skips of 30 seconds versus 5 minutes.  How is it possible that X1 doesn't allow navigating the guide a day-at-a-time?  How is it possible that the only options for extending a recording is 1, 3, or 5 minutes?  How come you can't set a recording using manual time settings?  How can customers influence what features Comcast will support with X1?

I had the option to extend a "non-sports" program by 30 minutes, 1 hr, or 1.5 hrs last night. I don't know if the X1 thought it was a sports prgram or if they changed that option. I will investigate further this weekend. You can, however, still extend any program by up to 2 hours using the online DVRManager. Also, if you go to the main guide, and scroll all the way over to the left and highlight the channel number itself, you are able to set a manual time set recording there.

Regular Contributor

thanks for the tip regarding setting a manual recording.is there somewhere where these little tips and tricks can be looked up?I understand that with over the air updates a printed manual to the box would soon become dated but there should be a location online that lists all the different things you can do
New Poster

Here is another vote for eSata expansion support. 

I feel like i am being punished for adopting x1.  The transition foced me to give up my five HD DVR receivers each with 500GB of storage and now I am left with a single box of 500GB.

The old boxes allow it, the box is designed to do it.  Why throttle back the capability?

Gold Problem Solver

It has been rumored for some time that when X2 makes its official launch that DVR storage will be "on the cloud" which would make the SATA port meaningless.

Rick G. in MSP

@jtkmike wrote:

Here is another vote for eSata expansion support. 

I feel like i am being punished for adopting x1.  The transition foced me to give up my five HD DVR receivers each with 500GB of storage and now I am left with a single box of 500GB.

The old boxes allow it, the box is designed to do it.  Why throttle back the capability?

Frequent Visitor

Just picked up some hd dta boxes which came with an xr2 remote. These basic little boxes can be set up with an rf signal and the box can be hidden. Very frustrating that the non DVR X1 box cannot be paired with the remote and set up the same way.
New Poster

X1 Feedback

My 2 cents: the look of the new interface is a nice improvement over the old blue version comcast has been sporting since the 90s, but the usability and speed is in need if major improvement.

That being said, I have the non-DVR x1 box that still has access to on demand, and the lag is awful. Really awful. With what comcast charges for this service, it should be better. I actually think the old interface was better overall and I'd have to sum up my experience with the x1 as a decline in the quality of comcast's cable service.

Scrolling through the guide menu, although it looks so much better, the interface is slow to show the show text info. There's a really really bad delay if you hit a button twice or three times in a row when trying to scroll through channels. It seems to clog up the system and it creates a 2-3 second second delay. I'm not one of those people who will press buttons a million times when hitting it once doesn't work, but if I want to scroll a few pages down on the guide it should be able to keep up. When I see how decent the internet speed is (although come on, it can be faster without charging more), I don't know why the cable interface needs to be so frustratingly slow.

I know 2-3 seconds doesn't sound like much but it is a noticeable loss of quality from the old comcast interface which worked much faster and smoother. Granted, the potential improvement in program accessibility of the x1 is an improvement from the old interface, and that's a definite step in the right direction. However, the lag completely stifles that potential.

For added context, I have had the larger X1 box that has DVR which seemed to work much better and have less lag (although I didn't get to use the DVR). I didn't initially order DVR so I returned it after a week and got the non-DVR box. That had painful lag and I had that one swapped thinking it was a hardware problem. The current box I own is better than the first non-DVR box, but still has significant lag.

Regarding the remote: Why get rid of the tv input button? That made the old remote a perfect cable box + tv combo which was hugely beneficial in everyday use. And the 4 colored buttons are cryptic and stupid. I do like the sports shortcut, that's a great feature (laggy though), but this is just confusing and annoying, I want to know what I need to press for a certain command.

In sum, my experience with x1 has been negative and I would not recommend it to others. It has potential though if the lag issue can be resolved.

New Poster

Thank you Rick for the feedback and everyone that responded to my remote/boxtop signal not working all the time. Comcast sent a tech out to deliver a new remote and he ended up pairing the remote with the box and its 100% fixed. The box recieves the signal from the remote every single click on the remote. Now I can stand in the kitchen not even facing the tv, basically behind the tv and a wall and click the remote and it receives the signal everytime. I didn't know paring would help with that but as a noob, i didn't know. I would defintely suggest everyone should pair their remote with their box.

Anyhow, thanks again to the community for the feedback and responding. People still do care :-)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Terrance

_________________________________________________________________________________

The X1/X2 is designed to stay on 24/7. I have read here in this forum that Comcast is telling people that an update is planned that will allow the remote to shut off the boxes but I am not sure about that. Personally I think that is unlikely.

I don't understand why people are so A**L about shutting these boxes off. The power usage difference between on and off is negligible. I have programmed hundreds of universal remote controls and leaving cable boxes turned on 24-7 can be a big problem solver. I would leave my X1/X2 turned on 24-7 even if the remote could turn them off.

In regards to your remote performance issues, I am wondering if your TV is flooding the IR receiving window in your X1 box. Most flat screen TV's give off some sort of RF interference. Sometimes that RF interference can mess with remote control operation and "flood" the IR receiver in your cable box. When this happens your X1 could possibly ignore remote commands and become sluggish with others. The early Pace boxes that Comcast was installing had a huge problem with this but it hasn't been as big of a problem lately.

To test you could try would be to move your X1 box where it is out of sight from the TV then try to control it. Temporarily move it around the corner into a different room or put it in a cabinet. Then see if the remote controls it better. If it does, you have your answer. If not you may need to consider the idea that you have a defective box. Also, have you tried the remote from your bedroom in the living room?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Rick G. in MSP

@tfrederick333 wrote:

Hello Comcast Community-

Last week I had my comcast service installed and we have the X1 DVR box in living room and the other terminal in the master bedroom. But my remote and/or box in the living room has some serious lag or connection problem. The red light on the remote flashes every time i hit a button, but the box only recieves the signal 1 out 5 times. I saw one other post of someone reporting lag when switching channels, this is different.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to make sure I gave details on the issues we are having. My wife and I are frustrated with it to the point I'm writing this post. Please feel free to send any replies if there is a fix for this or thoughts on it. Thanks to all who took the time, greatly appreciated!

New Poster

I just got my X1 boxes and would like to know how to set up favorite channel list on the set top box.  I was able to do this on the old box and would like this option so that I dont have to scroll thru all channels to find my channels.

Diamond Problem Solver

Wasmurray, the infrared eye that comes with a dta is compatible with the x1 hd box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Jordie, the shortest way to set a favorite, hit guide once, right arrow , up to channel info,right arrow

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

After setting up favorite channels how do you access your favorites?

Problem Solver

While displaying the Guide, press the yellow button on your remote to acces the "filter" dialog; then down arrow and press the "OK" button to put a check mark next to the filter(s) you want.  Then down arrow again to the "OK" icon and press "OK" again.  That will apply the filters to the Guide.

Unfortunately, selection does not "stick"; you need to do the same steps again when you use the Guide later after a few minutes.  I'm hoping this design flaw will be corrected soon because it's a pain.

New Poster

I tried pressing guide and then yellow button and nothing happened.  Any other suggestions on how to access favorite channels after setting up?

Diamond Problem Solver

Xfinity button and under saved is the favorites category

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andrew, but the hd dta does not include an eye it can however be set up to work in RF. The tech who set up my box gave me an eye which didn't work. I ended up buying one from Monoprice which worked but not nearly as effectively as using my old iPhone to change the channels.
New Poster

Thank Andrew, but I'm trying to access the favorite channels that I have saved and the favorites under the Xfinity, Saved button are for shows and sports not channel list.  That is what I'm looking for.

Contributor

Just got my X1 today and it was working fine for the first 6-8 hours. About an hour ago, the color started wigging out regardless of the channel. I've reset the box, but it's made no difference. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gold Problem Solver

Check your HDMI cable. Wiggle it on both ends and see if you notice a difference.

@nightsmusic wrote:

Just got my X1 today and it was working fine for the first 6-8 hours. About an hour ago, the color started wigging out regardless of the channel. I've reset the box, but it's made no difference. Has anyone else experienced this?

Problem Solver

nightsmusic wrote:

Some how it doesn't always like hdmi but try this.

Push xfinity-settings-about and look for a update.

Contributor

Thank you both. I tried both of your suggestions, it didn't help. Yesterday, they replaced the X1 box. It worked great for about three hours and then the color started wigging out again. It doesn't happen through my Sony Wireless Blu-Ray player so don't think it's the TV, but maybe the technology has surpassed the TV too much. In the meantime, we'll keep trying things.

Frequent Visitor

So I have been having problems with one of my RNG150 boxes using my Harmony remote.  It goes into a "loop" such as channel up, guide, etc. and I have to press exit multiple times before it stops cycling.  It may take up to a minute to get out of the loop.  This is especially frustrating during a DVR playback when I do a 30 sec. skip ahead -- makes playing back on the DVR not usable.  (BTW -- thanks for the post on how to do a skip ahead!).  I started using the XFINITY provided remote and I haven't seen the problem!  Do I have a bad Harmony remote?  Or has anyone else seen this problem?

Gold Problem Solver

I am amazed how well and how easily my Harmony 1 and my Harmony 650's control the X1 boxes. My suggestion would be to remove the RNG150 from your Harmony devices and just enter the box as "X1". Harmony's database recognized the X1 and programmed it properly for the X1 boxes including setting it to one repeat which seems to work best for the X1 boxes.

@splus12 wrote:

So I have been having problems with one of my RNG150 boxes using my Harmony remote.  It goes into a "loop" such as channel up, guide, etc. and I have to press exit multiple times before it stops cycling.  It may take up to a minute to get out of the loop.  This is especially frustrating during a DVR playback when I do a 30 sec. skip ahead -- makes playing back on the DVR not usable.  (BTW -- thanks for the post on how to do a skip ahead!).  I started using the XFINITY provided remote and I haven't seen the problem!  Do I have a bad Harmony remote?  Or has anyone else seen this problem?

Regular Contributor

My harmony one works great with my x1 box for what its worth.

Regular Contributor

I just had replacement equipment installed. My HD DVR in the main room, now has the "blue power button." My older equipment was green. I don't have the problems with manual updates anymore. Does anyone else know what the updated boxes provide? Its still Samsung but the hardware is updated.
Regular Contributor

Are you using the same hdmi cable or have you tried swapping cables with the blu ray player or swapping the hdmi ports that theyre plugged into?

@nightsmusic wrote:

Thank you both. I tried both of your suggestions, it didn't help. Yesterday, they replaced the X1 box. It worked great for about three hours and then the color started wigging out again. It doesn't happen through my Sony Wireless Blu-Ray player so don't think it's the TV, but maybe the technology has surpassed the TV too much. In the meantime, we'll keep trying things.

Diamond Problem Solver

Xgman , theres no difference between the box with green light and those with blue light, everything is still the same. Theres at least 3 different manufacturers

Regular Contributor

The previous box was a Samsung. (Green) power light. My new box is Samsung ( Blue light) The manufacturing date is also new. My older box was from earlier in the year. They obviously updated it. I just want to find out what.
Diamond Problem Solver

Pace and Arris also makes them using all the same specs, you just got a newly manufactured box which I think would be better than getting an older refurbished one.

Contributor

I checked and changed my connections including using different cables and it didn't matter. The color still wigs out. And I don't have an HDMI cable on this TV. It's not quite that new. Maybe it's just the TV finally going, I don't know since it's doing that with both the initial box and the new one.

Gold Problem Solver

I have not read backwards in this thread in regards to your issue. Have you tried different HDMI inputs on your TV? Unfortunately HDMI sockets have been known to fail. I was just at a customers house that had a Vizio TV and the HDMI 2 input socket was completely dead.

Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

I have not read backwards in this thread in regards to your issue. Have you tried different HDMI inputs on your TV? Unfortunately HDMI sockets have been known to fail. I was just at a customers house that had a Vizio TV and the HDMI 2 input socket was completely dead.

If you're asking me, I have no HDMI on the TV.  We used the Color Stream hook up prior to getting the X1 box, but that won't work with this type of box.

New Poster

Ok I have saved channels to favorites and can't locate list.  I have the X1 and no my list is not under that Xfinity button - Favorites.  Can someone please tell me how to access?

Problem Solver

UPDATE:  This reply is to the comment from jordie919 about favorites; I didn't notice the previous issues.  Sorry for highjacking!

On X1, the "favorites" only exist as a way to manage which channels are displayed on the "Guide".  After you have set your favorite channels, start up the "Guide" and press the yellow triangle button on the remote.  Then use the arrow keys to highlight the filters you want to apply (probably "Favorite") and click "OK" to show a blue check mark next to it.  Then use the down arrow key to select the word "OK" and click the "OK" button again.

Notice after you do that, the screen wll show something like "FILTER: Favorite" as confirmation.

Unfortunately, this "filter" is not persistant (I wish it was). You will need to use the same key sequences to apply the filter when you return to the "Guide".

Gold Problem Solver

Ah you have a Toshiba TV and you are using component input not HDMI. If your colors are weird that means you have the red, green, blue connectors crossed somewhere. You need to look VERY carefully to make sure you have those connectors in the right place on both the box and the TV. I think you will find you have a red or blue connector plugged into the wrong socket.

Rick G. in MSP

Gold Problem Solver

Ah you have a Toshiba TV and you are using component input not HDMI. If your colors are weird that means you have the red, green, blue connectors crossed somewhere. You need to look VERY carefully to make sure you have those connectors in the right place on both the box and the TV. I think you will find you have a red or blue connector plugged into the wrong socket.

Rick G. in MSP

@nightsmusic wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

If you're asking me, I have no HDMI on the TV.  We used the Color Stream hook up prior to getting the X1 box, but that won't work with this type of box.