Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

I can power on the box with the remote but when I do a full power down the box will not power down, I have to do that at the box. Is this normal or is there a fix.


This is normal - the box is designed to stay on so it does not get out of sync with the TV when using the "all on" remote button.  There is no difference in energy usage with box on or box off according to Comcast.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

Why does the guide not have the ability to move forward in date?

 

Why is there no reminder feature?


The lack of a day forward function is well known and supposed to be added at some time in the future.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I just got my new xfinity x1 boxes today and no matter what I try, I cannot get the x1 remote app setup.  It comes back with "No X1 cable boxes were found"  I called in and they tried resetting the box and sending it signals and the app still can't find a x1 cable box.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

It took mine about a day (12 hrs) after install to find the box.  I only works fully w/ the main box.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Thanks again.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Do you have a Vizio sound bar code for the x1 remotes?
Contributor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary

Recording from info doesn't always work either.  Many times, you get no reaction at all from pressing record from info.  If you go to scheduled recordings, sometimes and I do mean sometimes, you will see it there even though you never got an acknowledgement that the DVR recognized your record request.

Regular Contributor

New Forum Moderator - X1 Threads

Please note that today, Friday September 13th is my last day at Comcast. The product management team will continue to monitor these threads. Please continue to provide any feedback on suggestions or issues on the X1 Platform. 
 
- ComcastKaraT

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

If you don't want to wait until they have the date forwarding feature to set recordings, use the mydvr web site. I've been setting my recordings for years with that. Much easier and it's 14 days out.
Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Agree here.  Been doing that for a long time and it's faster.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@davephillips41 wrote:
If you don't want to wait until they have the date forwarding feature to set recordings, use the mydvr web site. I've been setting my recordings for years with that. Much easier and it's 14 days out.

Just in case anyone needs it, here is the link:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

Not applicable

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Our secondary X1 box, the one that can view recorded programs but doesn't store them and doesn't have a clock on it, is very slow to navigate ANYTHING using the remote.  We have new batteries in the remote and we have unplugged the box and turned it on and off a number of times.  Any suggestions? It is driving my kids crazy as it is on the TV they use.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


wrote:

Our secondary X1 box, the one that can view recorded programs but doesn't store them and doesn't have a clock on it, is very slow to navigate ANYTHING using the remote.  We have new batteries in the remote and we have unplugged the box and turned it on and off a number of times.  Any suggestions? It is driving my kids crazy as it is on the TV they use.


How far away are they?  It seems the remote needs to "warm up" for a few minutes before it will take commands. It's kinda wierd, in my bedroom I'm about 13' away and when I initially turn it on I have to get within 8'-10' for it to work.  After about 5-10 mins. it will operate fine from 13'.

Not applicable

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

How far away are the boxes?  The main box is upstairs and the secondary in the basement.  If you mean how far is the remote from the box, maybe 8-10 feet.  It is slow all the time.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I've tried that several times since migrating to X1.  It worked fine with the old DVR.  However, now when I hit record on that, all I get is the revolving circle of arrows while it tries to do something.  I have signed off and signed back on to comcast.com hours and hours later and those arrows are still going round.  Too darn much trouble to call Comcast to re-set it.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

In fact, I just clicked on the link and that circle with loading is still going around.  Been happening for many days now. 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@LS8112 wrote:

I've tried that several times since migrating to X1.  It worked fine with the old DVR.  However, now when I hit record on that, all I get is the revolving circle of arrows while it tries to do something.  I have signed off and signed back on to comcast.com hours and hours later and those arrows are still going round.  Too darn much trouble to call Comcast to re-set it.


Maybe clear your internet cache, reboot and try again? Or try from another computer, like at work or something? I think Comcast has to do something on their end to have the online DVRManager see it. I am not 100% sure that they do, but it sounds like the online site is not recognizing your X1.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@ironmic4 wrote:

I just got my new xfinity x1 boxes today and no matter what I try, I cannot get the x1 remote app setup.  It comes back with "No X1 cable boxes were found"  I called in and they tried resetting the box and sending it signals and the app still can't find a x1 cable box.  Does anyone know how to fix this?


It is not set up correctly on your account.  I have the same problem.  I can see the satellite box and control it perfectly using my iPhone.  But, the main X1 DVR has never shown up.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I actually reset the Internet cache yesterday so.....it means a call to Comcast, which I am really not up to today!!

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@LS8112 wrote:

I actually reset the Internet cache yesterday so.....it means a call to Comcast, which I am really not up to today!!


Maybe try "chat" help. They are mostly just as uninformed about things, but at least you can surf the web while waiting for them to respond. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Coming from a Tivo-bliss life of 7 years, I tried to watch a show that I had scheduled on the X1 DVR while it was still being broadcast.  The show was not listed in the Recordings area.  So, I thought it did not record it.

 

When the show finished being broadcast, the recording miraculously appeared in the recordings area.  So, is it not possible to watch a recording until it completes?

 

Thanks.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I just had my X1 install this week. Issues with recording were observed so we tried a 2nd x1 DVR but went back to the original as the 2nd didn't even show a picture after setup. Similar problems with the satellite. Now I can watch and record no issues. But.....

The web page where you set up the pins has 2 family room and 2 master bedroom boxes. I only have one each.

The Comcast.net website does not find my DVR.

The x1 remote app doesn't find any x1 boxes.

In the sports app I have no prompt to set up team favorites.

Something seems to be amiss with how my account is provisioned.

Please help!
New Poster

Re: PA PR150BNM cable box problems

i agree with you - and share your situation with the "you dont have an appointment"

i made them agree to their promise with a $20 credit for no show appointment... hope you did tooSmiley Wink

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I completely give up on the Comcast.com DVR management.  At this point, I can't even remember what day it was I tried to set up a recording over the internet but after requesting record, it gave me the revolving circle and the word loading.  Sign off, sign on....Still there.  Process ccleaner to remove cookies, etc...Still there.  Try it from 3 other PC's, still there.  Called Comcast 2 days in a row to get them to re-set it, stay on hold for over 45 minutes each time and then have them disconnect the call.  I have a feeling the next call I make to them will be after I have gone out and bought the corresponding TiVo boxes and ask Comcast to pick up their stuff and give me a card for the TiVo box.  At least the sales department usually answers your call in less than 15 or 20 minutes.  For the next 10 years or more, I will be held hostage, money-wise, by buying a home in a complex that had signed a 15 year contract with Comcast.  My homeowners assessment includes the cost for basic Comcast cable and HBO---whether I use it or not, which is why I changed to Comcast in the first place.  I would go directly back to DirecTV which I had for over 12 years without a second thought, without that.  At this rate, I might get frustrated enough to go back any way.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

At least once a week I have to pull the plug on the X1 box because the remote won't work on it...which is a known issue here. I didn't have that problem in 7 years with a regular box. When is Comcast going to get around to fixing this issue. It's very annoying to have to do this as it takes 5 minutes to load

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Is anyone else's box lagging and/or freezing like crazy? Ridiculous. I tried a reboot, which didn't help.
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Yeah, my DVR box was a mess all night.  It would randomly lock-up for a few minutes at a time (couldn't ff or rewind).

 

My satellite box has been a mess for awhile too.  I keep getting "Error code #18' when I turn it on.  I checked the signal strength and everything is fine...anyone know what that error means?

Contributor

Re: X1 – Sunday 9:00 PM Did not record

Sunday 9:00 PM  Boardwalk Empire Braking Bad Did not record.  10:00 shows recorded.  Sunday 9:00 PM something always happens.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@Stangeek wrote:

Coming from a Tivo-bliss life of 7 years, I tried to watch a show that I had scheduled on the X1 DVR while it was still being broadcast.  The show was not listed in the Recordings area.  So, I thought it did not record it.

 

When the show finished being broadcast, the recording miraculously appeared in the recordings area.  So, is it not possible to watch a recording until it completes?

 

Thanks.


Mostly, the shows I record allow me to view while still recording. However, lately, if I extend any program by any amount, I am not able to view that recording until it finishes. If I attempt to, it just returns to live TV when I click to watch it.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I have had X1 DVR box for about 3 months.  Just about every day, I run into some kind of an issue with it.  Most are what I will call annoyances and they can be worked around.  There are a couple issues though that are more than just annoying.

 

The first is that it only records about 50 percent of the shows that it is supposed to.  It has been doing this since I got it.  During the summer the shows were on cable channels, so I was usually able to find the show on again at another time and record it.  Now with the fall broadcast network season coming up this is going to be a real issue.  This impacts both series and one time only recording requests.  Sometimes it shows that it will record the show right up until the last second, but then it does not and you get the red circle with the slash through it instead of the solid red circle.  I have heard this means the box cancelled the recording and that it is only supposed to do that for disk space or conflicts issues, but I never actually have those problems so it should not have cancelled it.  Other times it at least lets you know early on that it won't record it by not showing the recording symbols on the guide, but if you bring up the recording options on the show it knows it is supposed to record it.

 

The second is that from time to time the box will periodically mess up the video and audio on the hdmi interface to the TV (Panasonic Viera).  I will get about 1 second hiccups where it displays either a blank screen or a static screen and the audio drops out.  The only way to fix it is to pull the power cord from the box.  Just powering it off or doing a restart doesn't fix it.  Of course pulling the power cord often leads to the black screen of death after it completes the boot up process.  The tech that installed my box ran into this problem and it took him 3 power cycles to get it past the black screen, so this is not a new problem for the box.

 

Yesterday was a great example of all of this.  In the morning I had the periodic display hiccups, which happen about every 1 to 2 minutes.  I finally got tired of them and pulled the plug.  First try resulted in a black screen, so I pulled the plug again.  This time it worked and the display issue went away, but I still had hiccups in the audio.  I had the audio hiccups all afternoon.  Then last night right before my wifes favorite show at 9PM, the box displayed a grey screen for about 10 seconds and then went back to TV but the box was locked up.  While she went to watch her show on the X1 HD box upstairs, I played the pull the power game 4 times until I finally got it back.  Late last night I also realized that it only recorded 2 of the 4 shows it was supposed to.

 

My question is, do these sound like normal X1 issues that will be fixed by future software updates or does it sound like a hardware problem with the box?  Given how well things went with phone calls to cusomter support a month ago for a modem issue that I ended up having to solve myself, I would like to have some idea of the problem before I call.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@jzx1ed062012 wrote:

I have had X1 DVR box for about 3 months.  Just about every day, I run into some kind of an issue with it.  Most are what I will call annoyances and they can be worked around.  There are a couple issues though that are more than just annoying.

 

The first is that it only records about 50 percent of the shows that it is supposed to.  It has been doing this since I got it.  During the summer the shows were on cable channels, so I was usually able to find the show on again at another time and record it.  Now with the fall broadcast network season coming up this is going to be a real issue.  This impacts both series and one time only recording requests.  Sometimes it shows that it will record the show right up until the last second, but then it does not and you get the red circle with the slash through it instead of the solid red circle.  I have heard this means the box cancelled the recording and that it is only supposed to do that for disk space or conflicts issues, but I never actually have those problems so it should not have cancelled it.  Other times it at least lets you know early on that it won't record it by not showing the recording symbols on the guide, but if you bring up the recording options on the show it knows it is supposed to record it.

 

The second is that from time to time the box will periodically mess up the video and audio on the hdmi interface to the TV (Panasonic Viera).  I will get about 1 second hiccups where it displays either a blank screen or a static screen and the audio drops out.  The only way to fix it is to pull the power cord from the box.  Just powering it off or doing a restart doesn't fix it.  Of course pulling the power cord often leads to the black screen of death after it completes the boot up process.  The tech that installed my box ran into this problem and it took him 3 power cycles to get it past the black screen, so this is not a new problem for the box.

 

Yesterday was a great example of all of this.  In the morning I had the periodic display hiccups, which happen about every 1 to 2 minutes.  I finally got tired of them and pulled the plug.  First try resulted in a black screen, so I pulled the plug again.  This time it worked and the display issue went away, but I still had hiccups in the audio.  I had the audio hiccups all afternoon.  Then last night right before my wifes favorite show at 9PM, the box displayed a grey screen for about 10 seconds and then went back to TV but the box was locked up.  While she went to watch her show on the X1 HD box upstairs, I played the pull the power game 4 times until I finally got it back.  Late last night I also realized that it only recorded 2 of the 4 shows it was supposed to.

 

My question is, do these sound like normal X1 issues that will be fixed by future software updates or does it sound like a hardware problem with the box?  Given how well things went with phone calls to cusomter support a month ago for a modem issue that I ended up having to solve myself, I would like to have some idea of the problem before I call.


Call the dedicated X1 support line, you might get better results. 1-877-896-8678

Contributor

Re: X1 – Sunday 9:00 PM Did not record



Newx1user wrote:

 

Sunday 9:00 PM  Boardwalk Empire Braking Bad Did not record.  10:00 shows recorded.  Sunday 9:00 PM something always happens.


I had a similar problem at 9:00 last night. In my case Boardwalk Empire recorded but Dexter and Bar Rescue did not. I have had this issue on other Sundays also.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@BPreston wrote:
Is anyone else's box lagging and/or freezing like crazy? Ridiculous. I tried a reboot, which didn't help.

I think I have notice a strange remote freezing issue. It apppears that at the hour exactly (ant hour) the remote freezes are just doesnt work. If I wait a minute or two sometimes the backlog of commmands that all process one after the other, othertimes nothing happens but the remote will now function. It appears the box is doing some work at the exact hour and ignoring the remote.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I've only had my X1 box since last Friday and here are my thoughts and issues:

 

My picture on the new X1 box as opposed to my old DVR seems better; more clear much like Bluray and with equally more vibrant colors. I've read on several forums that it is not really 1080p as the setup screen says, so maybe its just upscaled well. 

 

The new menu is hard to read and follow just like on my PC . This may just be that I am so used to the old style, but the new menu requires two button presses to change channels and practically everything else as apposed to the old one button although I do sort of like the last channel cache showing several channels to back up to so maybe its a toss up.

 

Yes, no reminder and no date advance button which is very helpful, almost essential.

 

I set the audio to Surround which lasted an hour before defaulting back to Stereo, however as my sound passes to my trusty old Kenwood VR-9070 6.1 home theatre amp via a digital optical cable, I am still getting surround, so  although I don't understand, I have no complaints about that setting so far.

 

There is a frequent lag from the box when using the menu. I has already frozen several times.

 

The most serious problem to date occured last night when switching back to live TV after watching a Bluray movie on my player. After returning to the TV, we weren't able to change channels or bring up the menu at all for a good fifteen minutes. I would have just powered it down except that it was in the process of recording. During that time a box kept appearing on the screen announcing that it (the box?) was "connecting" with a little progress bar that showed it a "8". After several minutes this box went away and then came back a moment or two later showing the progress as "6" ??? A few minutes later the box began to respond again. 

 

We have recorded a bunch of things and they do appear correctly under the recorded section. We will begain watching some fo them tonight, however the little capacity bar shows 7% after recording only 9 hours of HD shows. This doesn't seem right if the box has a 500 GB hard drive which I have read it is supposed to have.

 

Thats it for now.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Sunday 9:00 PM Did not record


@CountYorga wrote:


@Newx1user wrote:

 

Sunday 9:00 PM  Boardwalk Empire Braking Bad Did not record.  10:00 shows recorded.  Sunday 9:00 PM something always happens.


I had a similar problem at 9:00 last night. In my case Boardwalk Empire recorded but Dexter and Bar Rescue did not. I have had this issue on other Sundays also.


Similar problem w/ Ray Donovan & BE.  Rebooted the box, rescheuled both and they recorded fine.

@TODAY I had 2 shows scheduled one @ 2:00pm and another @ 2:30pm.  The 2pm recorded but not the 2:30 according to the X1 Recordings menu.  I went to the Xfinity remote app on my iPad and the 2:30 show was there under DVR Manager>My Recordings.  I went back to the X1 box's menu and then it appeared. YES, I am sure it was NOT there prior.  FWIW this was about 3:20pm, well after the recording would have been done.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Here's a follow up, just happened.

 

We were looking at the current time TV listings and right in the middle of selecting a show for more information, the display froze up. Nothing we did would unfreeze it and after waiting for a good ten minutes I had to turn the box off at the front switch. When it came back on it was okay.

 

This could be a deal breaker if it continues to happen and especially when the box is recording.

 

BTW, I found something on a website that says that the box has six tuners, but one is not enabled for some reason.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@MikeBravo wrote:

Here's a follow up, just happened.

 

We were looking at the current time TV listings and right in the middle of selecting a show for more information, the display froze up. Nothing we did would unfreeze it and after waiting for a good ten minutes I had to turn the box off at the front switch. When it came back on it was okay.

 

This could be a deal breaker if it continues to happen and especially when the box is recording.

 

BTW, I found something on a website that says that the box has six tuners, but one is not enabled for some reason.


By any chance could you have been doing the activity that froze the box right at the top of the hour. I have had my box freeze if I am using the remote and issuing commands at the top of an hour.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Kudos to Comcast. They actually are trying to be proactive, sort of...
They called me saying they found a problems with the signal to my box and want to have a tech fix it.
I didnt even call them. Theyve been testing signals in the area and found a problem. Good job. Its hard to say what are signal problems
versuses hardware. I've had x1 for a couple of months. Wonder why the signal issues weren't caught install and or why they didn'tcatch sooner.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Hello.

There was a post here where someone was getting only stereo sound on the satellite box when watching a recording from the main X1 DVR.  Was this ever resolved?

 

I'm seeing the same problem.  The recording plays in surround sound when I play it directly on the DVR, but only stereo sound when I play it on the satellite box.  That box does have the audio set to surround (and other shows on the satellite box do play in surround).

 

Fixed in a later firmware update?  Or a limitation of the X1 system?

Thanks.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Recently received a new X1 box RNG 150 N.  I no longer receive 5.1 audio.  I go into menu and switch to surround and the box doesn't seem to save that setting.  I have a optical running from box to home theater.  The previous box worked fine. There is only 1 HDMI output on the back of the box so I would try an HDMI cable if I had another port. I called support and it seemed like I was tutoring the phone tech.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@amytall wrote:

Recently received a new X1 box RNG 150 N.  I no longer receive 5.1 audio.  I go into menu and switch to surround and the box doesn't seem to save that setting.  I have a optical running from box to home theater.  The previous box worked fine. There is only 1 HDMI output on the back of the box so I would try an HDMI cable if I had another port. I called support and it seemed like I was tutoring the phone tech.  Any suggestions?


first go to settings-about and get any updates

Contributor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary

Is X1 different in different areas?  No matter what I do, I can't get the option of "record on this channel only".  I see HD only, SD only, etc.  Nothing about a specific channel.  I also see people referring to extending a program 2 hours.  On my new X1 set up, I get the option of 1, 3 or 5 minutes...unless it is a sports program.  It seems to almost always have problems when I try to record sports.  Unsually, no matter where I try it, it doesn't acknowlege my record request.  Sometimes, however, if I go to scheduled, I will see it there.  Then, I can go to it and episode options and my extending choices are 1/2 hour, 1 hour and 1 and 1/2 hour.  Why would X1 here in San Jose give you different options than other places  The only thing I can figure out is we have wayward non-X1 folks on this forum by mistake.  I remember the good old days on the old Motorola Boxes when you could extend any program for 2 hours.  Plus, record always seemed to work.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

No, it was entirely random during the hour.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary


@LS8112 wrote:

Is X1 different in different areas?  No matter what I do, I can't get the option of "record on this channel only".  I see HD only, SD only, etc.  Nothing about a specific channel.  I also see people referring to extending a program 2 hours.  On my new X1 set up, I get the option of 1, 3 or 5 minutes...unless it is a sports program.  It seems to almost always have problems when I try to record sports.  Unsually, no matter where I try it, it doesn't acknowlege my record request.  Sometimes, however, if I go to scheduled, I will see it there.  Then, I can go to it and episode options and my extending choices are 1/2 hour, 1 hour and 1 and 1/2 hour.  Why would X1 here in San Jose give you different options than other places  The only thing I can figure out is we have wayward non-X1 folks on this forum by mistake.  I remember the good old days on the old Motorola Boxes when you could extend any program for 2 hours.  Plus, record always seemed to work.


Not wayward non-X1 folks. We are using the online DVRManager to extend our recordings. You can still extand ALL recordings by up to 2 hours online. Beware though, as I have stated many times, once you extend a program online for the X1, 2 things will happen. You will not be able to view recording until it is done recording, and once you reach the extended part of the recording, you will no longer be able to resume if you stop viewing. You will have to start at beginning and FF back to where you were.

Contributor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary

No problem.  I tried to use the DVR manager to check the difference in extending there and on the DVR.  I hit record and Got a blinking circle with the word loading.  I did that over a week ago.  I signed off and signed on--still there.  Processed ccleaner to make sure it wasn't cookies, the registry, etc. --still there.  Signed on on 2 others PCs and one iPad.  Still there.  Called Comcast 3 days in a row and they broke the connection after 45 minutes to an hour on hold.  Finally got through yesterday and the girl, who supposedly was X1 trained (although I don't thing DVR Manager online has anything to do with X1) and she wanted me to turn off the DVR.  I laughed and told her that it had probably been unplugged and restarted 6 different times for other problems since the DVR Manager got frozen while loading.  She then escalated it.  They called back at 10 to 8AM west coast time and wanted me to sign in....like that was going to happen when I was trying to get out of the house and go to work.  Just now signed in again and it is still loading.  I don't think there is anything I can do, even with their instructions, to fix that problem.  I think it is their issue to fix from their side, at this point.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Is there any way to advance a full day when on the Guide?

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@davidd6240 wrote:

Is there any way to advance a full day when on the Guide?


Nope, but supposedly in their plans.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary


@Titanic1701 wrote:

@LS8112 wrote:

Is X1 different in different areas?  No matter what I do, I can't get the option of "record on this channel only".  I see HD only, SD only, etc.  Nothing about a specific channel.  I also see people referring to extending a program 2 hours.  On my new X1 set up, I get the option of 1, 3 or 5 minutes...unless it is a sports program.  It seems to almost always have problems when I try to record sports.  Unsually, no matter where I try it, it doesn't acknowlege my record request.  Sometimes, however, if I go to scheduled, I will see it there.  Then, I can go to it and episode options and my extending choices are 1/2 hour, 1 hour and 1 and 1/2 hour.  Why would X1 here in San Jose give you different options than other places  The only thing I can figure out is we have wayward non-X1 folks on this forum by mistake.  I remember the good old days on the old Motorola Boxes when you could extend any program for 2 hours.  Plus, record always seemed to work.


Not wayward non-X1 folks. We are using the online DVRManager to extend our recordings. You can still extand ALL recordings by up to 2 hours online. Beware though, as I have stated many times, once you extend a program online for the X1, 2 things will happen. You will not be able to view recording until it is done recording, and once you reach the extended part of the recording, you will no longer be able to resume if you stop viewing. You will have to start at beginning and FF back to where you were.


If you find the program via the guide, select the program and info, you should see the option of this channel any time.  As far as extending recording times, I accidently found that option for 1, 2, and 3 hours.  I havetried to duplicate but can't.  If I run across it again I'll post here.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Ok I have a question I'd like to purchase my own cable boxes to avoid monthly charges like I bought and own my own modems . Where and what do I need to buy I'm not talking like your dvr boxes I mean just to get expanded cable like I pay the 180.+ a month for an have not even a recording dvr box ! I'm just so tired of comcast nickel and dining people and they careless about customers who have been with them for almost 20 yrs it's really disturbing not everyone can afford 300 a month for tv you only watch at random and my kids and husband all have xboxes and ps3 systems that we watch Netflix on so I pay a ton for programming already but this is getting absurd