Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

@desertfaze wrote:

Before I had the X1 box installed I had my Samsung smart TV setup to use HDMI CEC so that when I watched Netflix in the Smarthub I could get the audio out through my reciever and not just the TV. So when comcast swapped out the boxes for the X1, this has broken the ability to get the audio out using HDMI CEC. Has anyone else come across this issue? I know there are a million other ways to stream netflix, but it was really convienient to do it straight from the TV.

Desertfaze,

I have.  I'm so frustrated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 - Rebooting / Audio & Visual resetting

@Jeffro2626 wrote:

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Every day, I have to set it back to 1080p 60hz. I also like to turn down the clock brightness to 1, and I have to reset that every single day.

Like you said, its annoying but not a game changer.

I just switched to Xfinity after being with DirecTV for 12 years straight, and I am generally happy with the features and service of the X1 unit.

I'm doing the exact same thing....  I switched from DishNetwork where I was very happy for 7 years.  I move and decide to try Comcast again.  Fool me once, shame on you!  Fool me twice, shame on me!  Guess what everyone, I let Comcast make me the fool!!

Everything this X1 is supposed to do, Dish and Direct both did well.  If it wasnt for FANTASTIC internet, I'd have already chucked this sucker. 

BTW - has anyone been unable to watch a tv show while its recording???  Amazingly enough, ive never done that until tonight.  Guess what??  The whole system looses its mind and you have to do a hard reboot.  Holy freakin cow!

Frequent Visitor

@Spike120 wrote:

X1 Support 1 877-896-8678

Bump!

Frequent Visitor

Re: day skip on X1?

@bendmitchell wrote:

Is there the day skip feature on the X1 platform like there was on the old DVR's?  I can't seem to find it.

I want to know too...  Havent seen something so practical.

Poor Kara.

Frequent Visitor

@lex22 wrote:

After numerous crashes and just plain lousy functionality, I called Comcast to revert back to old, but functional equipment.  They actually wanted to charge me to go back to the old equipment!  Given that they would not give up on that, they convinced me to have someone come to the house another time to try and fix this crummy X1 system. If this does not work, I'm going to pay my early termination fee and switch to satellite.  I cannot force my wife and fish around the back of our cabinets to reboot the box every day, or subect her to the kids melting down when the cable box does not work.

Dog-on right bro.  More power to ya.  This absolutely stinks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Question on X1 boxes

@davephillips41 wrote:

I am getting X1 installed this coming Monday. I just wanted to know what is the model of the DVR box and the non-DVR box I will get so I can look at it online.

Dont do it bro.... just kick yourself in the nuts and save yourself the 50 dollar fee comcast charges you to shwack your tenders.

Frequent Visitor

@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
Just kidding about the A and D together, everyone and their brother is looking for that option

Hahaha... you suck.  I just tried that before reading your followup post.  Good one! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@C_DM wrote:

If you are recording something that is currently on the air and it's not showing up in your saved/DVR section, you can find that show in the guide (since it's on the air) and tune to it and you should already have whatever has been recorded so far (since it's being recorded) buffered there, so you can use page down and/or rewind to go back to the beginning quickly and start watching that way.

As for the lights brigthness settings not getting saved and/or being reset, a recent update should have fixed that, so perhaps restart your box and hopefully that should be taken care of.

I rebooted as well as unplugged the box.  Still no update to fix issue available.

Regarding the recording issue.  I did find that to at least try and watch shows, however that behavior is not acceptable compared to the prior cable boxes being able to go to the DVR recordings list and see all recordings, whether completed recordings or recordings that are in progress.   While I come from a technical programming background, I don't think I could explain to my grandmother or any other "blue haired" person how to do the workaround.   

Not applicable

Since I got X1 two days ago, I can't record anything using the online DVR manager. I used to do this all the time. When I press the record button it takes me to the screen showing what is currently set to record already (done via remote directly). When I try to record a series online, it asks the proper questions online as it used to, but never actually records or shows up on the DVR itself. I've used two browsers-- Safari and Firefox- on a MacBook Pro. Again, used to be able to do this with old system. Please help!
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to add that although my other issues with the resolution and brightness were fixed, I now have more popping up.

TV won't stay on surround sound.

I programmed the DVR to tape the Continuum marathon yesterday. It only taped the first 3 eps and the last one. This is GREAT since it won't be airing the eps again so I won't be able to watch the series.

My record light is on even though I'm not recording.

Satellite box is still VERY sluggish.

This is vey unacceptable, especially when we are being charged to get this installed and there's no self-installation option. I will be calling to see if someone can authorize a refund of some charges. This new system is riddled with problems and is not very user-friendly.

BTW I'm in the Greenwood, IN market. Don't know that I mentioned that before.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: day skip on X1?

@bendmitchell wrote:

Is there the day skip feature on the X1 platform like there was on the old DVR's?  I can't seem to find it.

Nope.  I use my smartphone app to skip ahead.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary

@tcdmytryk wrote:
New "wireless" modem messes with my installed wireless. Can't turn off.

I turned off the cable modem wireless by calling Comcast and asking them to change the modem to "bridge mode".

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Question on X1 boxes

@davephillips41 wrote:

I am getting X1 installed this coming Monday. I just wanted to know what is the model of the DVR box and the non-DVR box I will get so I can look at it online.

I don't think they are online.  I couldn't find them.  And different parts of the country get different hardware, I think.  My DVR is a Pace.  The satellite is a Pace PR150.

Silver Problem Solver

@ChrisJolly wrote:

So been searching but a lot of randomness going on in some of these threads.

The issue of the X1 box turning off with the All Off button, is there a resolution or workaround???

Guys X1 is looking good for a new platform. This is something that CAN compete with U-Verse. Lots better than the 90's interface.

It doesn't matter whether the DVR is off or on.  The only way to turn the power light is to press the power button.

Silver Problem Solver

@GapDragon60 wrote:
I am scheduled to have two x1 boxes installed tomorrow. I read a post that their wireless network quit working after the x1 boxes were installed. Is this still a problem?

They didn't have to install a new router when I had X1 installed, so my wireless never quit working.

Silver Problem Solver

@philw11 wrote:

Just got my X1 2 days ago. It worked fine  for a day. When I awoke this morning the time on the box display was 10:51 even though it was 7:10 and  the record light was on even though nothing was being recorded. When I tuned on the tv I could not get reception and my remote was not functioning. Unplugging the box cured most of the  problem except the record light remains on even though nothing is scheduled or is being recorded.

Any suggestions on how to turn off the light?

It went away after a while on both my DVR's.  I don't know why.

New Poster

One of my coworkers was told by comcast support that they could NEVER disconnect the coax from the back of the x1 box. Not even to place it into a TV stand. Is this accurate and if so why?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

@mJerome wrote:

One of my coworkers was told by comcast support that they could NEVER disconnect the coax from the back of the x1 box. Not even to place it into a TV stand. Is this accurate and if so why?

Thanks Smiley Happy

You can do whatever you want, it will all be fine.

New Poster

I have what may be a silly question.  Just got the new X1 system and using the new guide and remotes.  I cannot find an option to page from day to day on the guide/remote.  I can page up/down on the channels, but not the days.  Very frustrating to have to manually go through all the time in day on the guide to get to the next day to see what is on to record.  Isn't there a better way?  The old guide/remote had the option.  How do I do this?

Problem Solver

@akc0227 wrote:

I have what may be a silly question.  Just got the new X1 system and using the new guide and remotes.  I cannot find an option to page from day to day on the guide/remote.  I can page up/down on the channels, but not the days.  Very frustrating to have to manually go through all the time in day on the guide to get to the next day to see what is on to record.  Isn't there a better way?  The old guide/remote had the option.  How do I do this?

If you read through pretty much any X1 thread you'll see that this option doesn't exist on the X1 guide for the moment.

Contributor

ideas for x1 software patches

would love to be able to keep series recordings to a spacific channel

would be nice to be able to use number keys like non smart phone for text ie 2(abc) hope you know what i mean

on demand sort by hd and genure  little confusing but guess thats cause i am just a day with it 

Contributor

moved

New Poster

I dont like the popup program info in the guide.

It blocks seeing other programs above or below the currently selected one.

The info it provides is nearly useless since it either only shows the episode title or about 9 words of description if there is no title.

I know I can hit the info button but that takes you out of the guide then you have to hit a button to get back to the guide.

Not at all channel surfing friendly.

When you are in the guide, the currently selected programs full description should be displayed in a separate area on the guide screen, not in a popup over the guide. 

Contributor

Settings, preferences, info pop-ups, on-off. When on a channel hit info for full description, info again to return. It's just a learning curve. 

New Poster

I know about all that and its still very inconvient when channel surfing.

Push a button and wait to leave the guide, push a button and wait to get back to the guide, move down a channel, Push a button and wait to leave the guide, push a button and wait to get back to the guide.

repeat

repeat

repeat.....

Its awful.

Oh, and the guide should "wrap". When you reach the end of the channel listings it should wrap to start back at the beginning.

Contributor

I agree with the wrap. You can only fit so much information on one page. As far as info.

Frequent Visitor

I had the x1 installed one week ago. 

I have the Main X1 in our living room.  It seems to work okay. 

That's DEFINITELY where the happy story ends.

The 3 bedrooms (that used to have HD Tivos) now have the satellite boxes.

They cannot schedule or watch recorded TV

They cannot pause Live TV.

I have had 2 Service calls who tell me it's just a known (and unannoucned) problem with x1 "because it's cloud based" so nothing can be done as of now.

I could not be more diasappointed.  Say it ain't so, please.

New Poster

Not sure if this will help but the addtional cost for a satelite box is the same as if you just got an additional main box.

So you could replace all 3 bedroom boxes with main boxes with no additional charge.

If this sounds like an option, then I'd call sales and see if this is possible for you.

You would loose the ability to watch shows recorded on one of the main boxes, in any other room though. I believe you need the satelite boxes in order to share recorded content.

New Poster

I did find out that at any time in the guide, if you enter "00" and hit "OK" it will jump you to the top of the channel list.

Not the same as wrapping but better than nothing for now. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks a million for that information.  Whish there was a user guide that explains all the features. 

New Poster

All of my boxes are showing the red recording light constantly and I can only watch recordings or "On Demand" from the main X1 box. In the beginning I was able to watch from all, then the main box froze and had to be reset. Since resetting it I have reset all the others also. Still not able to watch anything but live tv on all but the main box and ALL the red recording lights are staying lit on ALL boxes. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Try restarting the satellite box. Make sure both boxes have the same update. Latest should be Aug 14
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 - Rebooting / Audio & Visual resetting

My X1 reboots several times a week, and I guess it misses some nights. Have seen the message appear that it will restart unless you select delay. I called about this problem and the person just did a reset but that made no difference as expected. 

Is it supposed to restart every so often. A problem is that even if it is done in the middle of the night, if I had set up a recording it would be lost.

Did not see anyone address this restart issue.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment On Demand

Prior to X1 a program said to expire on 9/1 would be there until the end of the day on 9/1. Since migrating to X1 it appears the expiration date given is not the last date it will be there, but the day when it will be gone. Someone needs to be informed that an expiration on 9/1 means that it will be gone after midnight on 9/1 and not before than.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

I just got X1 today....but I have a question...

I have scheduled all the recordings I want to do in the next 2 weeks. On the main box with the DVR in it, under SAVED/DVR and then scheduled recordings, it only lists today's recordings. When I go to the bedroom box (non-DVR), all my future recordings are listed. Is there any way I can have them all listed on the main box as well?

Regular Contributor

You should see the list on both boxes. You can try to reboot the dvr. Also the boxes generally aren't delivered with the latest update so try to force an update on both boxes. Settings/about/update.
Problem Solver

@wapo wrote:
 ideas for x1 software patches

would love to be able to keep series recordings to a spacific channel

would be nice to be able to use number keys like non smart phone for text ie 2(abc) hope you know what i mean

on demand sort by hd and genure  little confusing but guess thats cause i am just a day with it 

If you set up a series recording from the guide you can set it to be from that particular channel where you found the show in the guide.

You an use the nubmer keys like a non-smartphone for text in most cases, just type and it will work, in guide or search for example.

Problem Solver

@johnnyp wrote:

I had the x1 installed one week ago. 

I have the Main X1 in our living room.  It seems to work okay. 

That's DEFINITELY where the happy story ends.

The 3 bedrooms (that used to have HD Tivos) now have the satellite boxes.

They cannot schedule or watch recorded TV

They cannot pause Live TV.

I have had 2 Service calls who tell me it's just a known (and unannoucned) problem with x1 "because it's cloud based" so nothing can be done as of now.

I could not be more diasappointed.  Say it ain't so, please.

You should be able to schedule or wach recorded shows/movies--that's basically the whole point.  If you can't, might try resetting/rebooting all the boxes, sarting from the non-DVR ones and then with the main DVR one.  If that doesn't work, then there might be something else in play like the whole AnyRoom DVR feature might not have been properly activated on your account, or something like that.

As for pausing live TV, only DVR boxes can do that, so even those non-DVR boxes that are connected to the main DVR still can' do that (as they aren't DVR boxes themselves).

Regular Contributor

Restarting worked fine, but when I restarted the box doesn't go to clock mode....Stays doing DL01, DL02, DL03, etc...how can I change it to clock

Problem Solver

@davephillips41 wrote:

Restarting worked fine, but when I restarted the box doesn't go to clock mode....Stays doing DL01, DL02, DL03, etc...how can I change it to clock

Sounds like it's downloading an update.  Wait for it to finish (get to 100 and install basically) and then it should be back to normal, or might need to be restarted once more after that.

Regular Contributor

Worked perfect. Updated the box from June 4 to Aug. 14 and also now shows the scheduled recordings like it should. Thanks for the help.

Frequent Visitor

@HiPo65 wrote:

Not sure if this will help but the addtional cost for a satelite box is the same as if you just got an additional main box.

So you could replace all 3 bedroom boxes with main boxes with no additional charge.

If this sounds like an option, then I'd call sales and see if this is possible for you.

You would loose the ability to watch shows recorded on one of the main boxes, in any other room though. I believe you need the satelite boxes in order to share recorded content.

Thanks - that sounds like it would at least get me back to where we used to be. 

Regular Contributor

@johnnyp wrote:

@HiPo65 wrote:

Thanks - that sounds like it would at least get me back to where we used to be. 

DVRs are ~$8 more per month than the non-DVR.

New Poster

There are tons of responses and I am not finding my specific answers. I have found out how to program my favorite channels. Now my question, is there a way to just push a button to scroll through the channels. I realize I can see the guide with my shows, but sometimes its easier just to flip channels.
Also, the A and D buttons do nothing for me alone, (B is search, C is sports)....is there a way to program them for such an action as described above?
Last question, is there a way to have more than one favorites list? I would like to separate our favorite channels out by family members.

If these are not possible now, maybe soon,,,,,yes, Comcast hint hint... Smiley Happy

Thanks
Regular Contributor

@Jsapp230 wrote:
Also, the A and D buttons do nothing for me alone, (B is search, C is sports)....is there a way to program them for such an action as described above?
Last question, is there a way to have more than one favorites list? I would like to separate our favorite channels out by family members.

If these are not possible now, maybe soon,,,,,yes, Comcast hint hint... Smiley Happy

Thanks

The "D" button will delete any recorded program that is highlighted, and erase any program in the deleted folder. Just an FYI.

Contributor

Re: X1 – Red light still on

The red light is still on with nothing recording.

Regular Visitor

comcast service is nothing but if i call for service i get a runaround the object is to get you not to call for service i pay extra fee for service but they want me to wait 6 days for repair  after 1 hour  of phone tag

New Poster

Larry

I am new to posting: but not to TV.  Our X1 platform is nice but our one red button request to RECORD is not always acknowledged by the systemAll users are unsure if their request has been takenWe are looking an on screen conformation or a red dot next to the program in the guideI can only confirm the status by going to a different TV and looking through the SAVED menuReboot will only mix the results like the carnival shell gamethe problem moves but to what TV?  We only find out when we look under the shell.  The end result is we have been unable to obtain consistent and useful acknowledgment of our record request.   Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Updating to the latest software seems to solve a lot of problems. Your update version should be dated Aug 14 or later on all boxes.
Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment [ New ]

Larry

I am new to postingbut not to TV.  Our X1 platform is nice but our one red button request to RECORD is not alwaysacknowledged by the system.  All users are unsure if their request has been takenWe are looking an on screen conformationor a red dot next to the program in the guideI can only confirm the status by going to a different TV and looking through theSAVED menu.  Reboot will only mix the results like the carnival shell gamethe problem moves but to what TV?  We only find out when we look under the shell.  The end result is we have been unable to obtain consistent and useful acknowledgment ofour record request.   Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I have the same on my x1 as above.