Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Titanic1701 wrote:

Just an FYI, I have both an X1 and RNG200 connected to the same AVR going to the same TV. Works together fine, aside from some of the issues a lot of people are having. In fact, there are some issues that I am not having. My green light and clock stay at level 1, 1080p stays selected, no sound issues, fan is not loud.

I know, I was simply putting this on here, because there have been problems with the two boxes connecting, and communicating. SO, idealy, you want the same type of box in the whole house, you can have it whatever you want, and Comcast will do it that way. My 1080p stays selected, and the light generally stays the same now, MOST of the time.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Message on X1 DVR

@Hawyn87 wrote:
@mroperjr wrote:

I am getting an DL04 message on my X1 Box.  what does this mean

RobertWy wrote:

My guess is that it got stuck trying to download the latest Guide information.  I would imagine they have to keep a "rolling" two-week guide information update every night.

Okay so that message means that the box is dowlaoding new software, and firmware. You need to leave the box on for it to complete properly.

As for the guide, the guide is now in the cloud. There is NO downloading needed for it. You just plug in the box, and it's there. The box does all of the work for you now, instead of spending 45 minutes to 4 hours trying to dowload the programming.  

My guess was wrong. Smiley Happy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes, one of the buttons allows you to skip days, I just can't remmber which one off the top of my head.

Silver Problem Solver

@Hawyn87 wrote:

Yes, one of the buttons allows you to skip days, I just can't remmber which one off the top of my head.

Everyone on this forum wishes you could tell us which button it is.  None of us has been able to find it.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@Hawyn87 wrote:

Everyone on this forum wishes you could tell us which button it is.  None of us has been able to find it.

At this time, no button on the XR2 remote is programmed to do the skip by day jump. This is a common feature request that is high on the product management list. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Doug the x1 DVR has RF capabilities

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Release version: xappl - XRE. 29P5 XRE Server Version 1.29.05 (Build 4701) XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0 STB Timestamp Fri Aug 2

Terminal - STB Version:  PR150BN_1.2.2s4_PRODsd (Jul 31 2013) 

The above software has cured 4 major problems for me

1. My boxes will do 4 series recordings at one time

2. My boxes stay at 1080 i

3. I can now delete and erase programs without a great lag

4.The record lights go on and off on all my boxes at the same time.

Diamond Problem Solver

The companion box is a problem and I'm trying to figure out settings for it on that older TV which had great picture and sound before the new box (which required moving some equipment from outside the house to inside the basement). Now, the picture is shaky, the app button doesn't appear (and then last night sometimes it would appear! then disappear), and the HD picture is elongated filling the whole screen (which I'm trying to find appropriate settings to change). So far I can change it when watching TV but not when watching recordings. Also, the sound buzzes, and in some shows the background sound is the main sound and the voices are quieter in the background and hard to hear.

Weather if you hit xfinity button go to the tools along top on far right, go into device settings and for an older tv (I assume sd tv) change the resolution to 480i and see if it helps

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The companion box is a problem and I'm trying to figure out settings for it on that older TV which had great picture and sound before the new box (which required moving some equipment from outside the house to inside the basement). Now, the picture is shaky, the app button doesn't appear (and then last night sometimes it would appear! then disappear), and the HD picture is elongated filling the whole screen (which I'm trying to find appropriate settings to change). So far I can change it when watching TV but not when watching recordings. Also, the sound buzzes, and in some shows the background sound is the main sound and the voices are quieter in the background and hard to hear.

Weather.... Hit xfinity button go to the tools on far right along the top, go into device settings change the resolution to 480i (you said older tv so I assume they are non HD) and see if that works for you

Diamond Problem Solver

It's not D that's a shortcut to delete

Regular Visitor

We had an X1 system installed a few weeks ago. The functionality seems to "mostly" work. The platform is definitely a work in progress. For example, last night I could not get a recorded program to fast forward for a while while watching.

My main concern is that the main box is incredibly loud. We even had Comcast come and swap out the box, but the replacement is no better. The noise is so loud we can hear it in another room, and even my wife is complaining about it. Any ideas on how to muzzle the thing?

New Poster

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@Hawyn87 wrote:

At this time, no button on the XR2 remote is programmed to do the skip by day jump. This is a common feature request that is high on the product management list. 

I stand corrected, thank you!

New Poster

@lex22 wrote:

We had an X1 system installed a few weeks ago. The functionality seems to "mostly" work. The platform is definitely a work in progress. For example, last night I could not get a recorded program to fast forward for a while while watching.

My main concern is that the main box is incredibly loud. We even had Comcast come and swap out the box, but the replacement is no better. The noise is so loud we can hear it in another room, and even my wife is complaining about it. Any ideas on how to muzzle the thing?

Generally, it is loud because the box fan cannot get enough ventalation to cool the box. This is just a general statement, the box does require AT LEAST 2 inches of clearance on each side, and the top to get the proper ventalation. Most of the time, swapping the box should have worked, in this case, the same thing may have happened twice. But there could definitely be other factors at play here.

Frequent Visitor

New X1 box - programming settings questions

1 - I was informed by technician that I need to leave the DVR box on at all times - is this true?

2 - It is possible to set the brightness setting of the clock and power buttons.  Each night I set it

to the lowest setting and each morning it is back to the default (brightest setting).  How do I get it to

stay as my preferred setting?

Valued Contributor

Re: New X1 box - programming settings questions

It is necessary to leave the boxes on.  X1 usually updates around 3 am when there are updates sent through. (i was actually up to watch it update, was watching something and it quickly froze during the update).  You can shut it off but updates may not happen....  

As for the light that is odd, i have set my to a  lower level and it has stayed that way even after it updates.

Regular Contributor

@nhdude79 wrote:

It is necessary to leave the boxes on.  X1 usually updates around 3 am when there are updates sent through. (i was actually up to watch it update, was watching something and it quickly froze during the update).  You can shut it off but updates may not happen....  

Oddly enough, on Aug 12, I did a manual update, and it was only then that I got the Aug 2 update. So, are these boxes ever doing the updates on their own?

Regular Contributor

I am still having major delay issues with deleting and restoring DVR
recordings and also my my lighting settings for the clock and power
display keep resetting to 10 everytime  the box reboots.

Contributor

I had to already hard reboot my DVR since the update. My record button was stuck on, and the on demand and DVR wouldn't function until after the reboot.

Release version: xappl-XRE.30P6
XRE SERVER VERSION: 1.30.06 (build 4709)

Timestamp: Aug 02 16:06:08 UTC 2013

Edit: BTW, I'm in the NJ/ Philadelphia area.
I echo everyone's point that the new x1 is light years ahead the old mainframe interface, but,some basic functions should have tested prior to deployment. We pay too much for this service for key services not to work out of the box. Its all very frustrating when issues start to resurface. It makes you wonder about their controls in place.
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Problem and wish list Summary

@JtPat wrote:

Please do not see this post as a list of horrible things wrong with the X1 platform. Overall it is a HUGE improvement over past systems. As with anything new and developing there are a number of issues that come and go. Following is a summary of many currently listed issues. Probably not an all inclusive list but at least the highlights from a lot of posts here:

1. Would like option to save green power and clock light settings. (Resets to brightest every night or box reset).

2. Channel guide does not wrap around from highest station back to lowest, (You have to page back up to the beginning).

3. Would like to jump to day, (being viewed), from future recording list. (So that if you are looking at next Wednesday’s scheduled recordings, you should be able to jump to that day and time if you are in the future recordings list by hitting the guide button).

4. Would like to jump ahead 12/24 hours when viewing the guide.

5. Would like to set (a) favorites list to be the default, (Currently you have to remember to re-set the filter for favorites while viewing the guide).  Also ability to create multiple favorites lists.

6. Would like favorites option of “Channels I subscribe to”. Comcast would probably like the option to stay as is for 5 & 6 to force viewers to see what they are missing?

7. Would like better (any?) documentation on system, including shortcut “secrets”  for programming buttons on remote, how to set/change RF/IR remote operation, how to set favorites list(s), good list of audio and TV settings for remote, etc., meaning ONE compilation of all documentation, not links to many files that are not kept current.

A lot of the above is available but it is located all over the place.
    It’s kind of sad that users can get much better technical support from the user forums than from Comcast Technical Support?

8. Would like to be able to set recordings to “This channel only”.  Currently this is only an option while setting a future recording in the guide, not from search results.

9. Would like to have “Reminders” available again.

10. Would like a fix or reasonable expectation/explanation of “Lag” problem, where you push a remote button and nothing happens for up to 15-20 seconds.

11. Would like remote option to select TV input.

12. Preference for stereo/surround resets to stereo as soon as you leave preferences.

13. Would like to be able to somehow set/check 1080p.

14. Would like option to easily change guide colors and fonts from same location.

15. Would like to see a daily (updated) list of fixes and firmware/software updates and known (in progress) issues and have that list reside at the top of the forum. This would help users to see when their particularly wanted fix is implemented, and would reduce the many instances of repeated requests/complaints.
    This is really a biggie and I’m sure most users would love to see this at the top of the forum list for X1.

So essentially you want Dish Network?  Cause good grief man, I had darn near all those things 7 years ago and I'm seriously asking myself why I switch to Comcast.  Actually I know exactly why - the internet.  Its a weird day when your 6yr old asks why the TV is so hard to work - even she asked what has happened.  Sum slick sales person sold me and now I'm shaking my head hoping this X1 meets my needs.

Frequent Visitor

@dougkinzinger wrote:

Hi Huntersdad,

I'm also in Central Illinois and got X1 in July. And I too had the exact same issue with IR repeating. I spent a few hours researching. For some reason my IR repeater equipment just wouldn't reliably work with the X1 box.

As a hack/workaround I instead plugged in an IR blaster (little IR receiver eye with a 3.5mm end, like a headphone jack) into the IR Blaster port on the back on the X1 box. I then double-sided-taped the blaster to where my main IR transmitter is, on the other side of the wall (clarifying, I ran a cable from the X1 blaster port to where my IR transmitter is so the remote can actually hit it).

A little kludgy but it works great. Still though, not sure why the X1 box didn't like to have it's IR relayed.

Well dagum!  How'd I miss that.  Thanks Doug.

I still cannot fathom why the IR doesnt repeat.  Is it a wave length/frequency issue of the IR?  I've never heard of anything like that, but that doesnt make it untrue.

New Poster

We got the X1 system a few weeks ago and so far I am very dissapointed with almost everything about it.  I have been using Tivo for over 10 years and was hoping that Comcast had learned their lesson and made a truly nice box, but it is obvious this thing was rushed to market.

The interface and design are ok, but the constant hang, lag, and need for rebooting is wearing thin with me.  Then you add in the fact that the guide has no idea what a new episode is and you have a worthless DVR.  I am giving it a try because my current Tivo is only a dual tuner and didnt want to spend the cash on a new Tivo box before new ones came out.  I thought I would see if it works and for now at least that answer is no. A day does not go by without X1 issues. 

If anyone has suggestions to ease these issues I would love to hear, but obviously its just poor software. 

Please fix this box comcast, if not I am just gonna cancel the 300 plus dollars I spend with you a month. Its just not worth it to pay that much and see my service get downgraded with and supposed upgrade.

Problem Solver

I got the x1 on the first of august

is auto channel tune coming , sample now you push channel 60 then click OK

I will like pushing channel number  go right to that channel selected

not what looks like search.

all boxes do not respond to remote to shut them off,anyone know how to fix.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment -- New Bugs

Along with the latest software update, I now have a rather strange set of bugs:

• When I check settings in the X1, it now tells me TV resolution is 480. Its not. The TV is receiving 1080, as it should. Changing it back does not stick. Rebooting does not help.
  • The clock and power lights were off, but the X1 settings were showing 10 for each. 

Somehow the settings it says it has are not getting sent to the TV, which is good, because at least in terms of resolution and lights, they are wrong. 

Contributor

@bradbortner wrote:

• When I check settings in the X1, it now tells me TV resolution is 480. Its not. The TV is receiving 1080, as it should. Changing it back does not stick. Rebooting does not help.
  • The clock and power lights were off, but the X1 settings were showing 10 for each. 

Somehow the settings it says it has are not getting sent to the TV, which is good, because at least in terms of resolution and lights, they are wrong. 

Seeing the same problem here.

Contributor

Why isn't there a manual recording option?

I want to record the Yahoo! Sports Live show.  However, this show can be on up to three times a day.  I want to be able to record this show at the same time on a single channel every night--given it is on a live sports station, the earlier airings of the show are frequently bumped and are shown later than the advertised start time or not at all.  The 11pm time slot is the least likely to be off schedule but I can't tell the X1 to record that show at that exact time.  Why not?

On the drop down where you select 'This channel only', the only option is 'this channel only, any time' which does not work in this case.  I even checked the online DVR Manager and there isn't a option for this there either. 

Regular Contributor

Wow this board is active the past few days.... And it continues to get more chaotic with everything shoved in one thread.  Thanks Comcast!

My new bugs are:

1. Both x1 DVRs now take at least 30sec to delete something from the DVR.

2. One box got stuck at 24% on the new Aug-2nd update.  Had to reboot to get it to stop. Now when I try to tell it to update, it says that this box cannot download the update.

Figured I would share these issues.  Not that I expect any support for Comcast nor anyone from their technical team to be able to find anything of use in this cluster of a thread.

Regular Contributor

@Joe wrote:

Joe - you need to read through this thread.  Your questions have already been answered.

1. No.  This is fundamental to the X1 software design.

2. This is a "feature" that comcast put in a few months back.  But dont worry, because before this "feature" was added, when the boxes were off, they still consumed the same amount of electricity.  They still had the same fan noise and they still had audio being output (noticable with a reciever).  The only thing that "off" meant is no video to the screen and no power LED light.  But same power profile.  I am not sure which is worse, the thought that this was a great idea for a "feature" or the concept that these boxes are really never off. 

Regular Contributor

@mmaslar wrote:

@weatherfield wrote:

JtPat

Please add that constant humming noise to your list!

The fan noise seems to be a common complaint that I've seen here, but I've never had an issue with fan noise in the 3 months I've had X1.  I guess I'm one of the few "lucky" ones.  I've had numerous other annoyances though, so I don't consider myself too lucky.

I have had several problems with the X1 but fan noise is not one of them.

Contributor

@RobertCoplin wrote:

I have had several problems with the X1 but fan noise is not one of them.

Fan noise is an issue for one of my X1s - the one I have in a cabinet is pretty quiet.  The other one that is in the open is annoying especially at night.

Regular Contributor

No fan noise problem here.
Frequent Visitor

I can manually update my X1 DVR box but the companion HD box won't update when I try manual updates. Any suggestions?

Regular Contributor

@BondMan007 wrote:

@bradbortner wrote:

Seeing the same problem here.

Me too... I've never been able to get the resolution to stick to 1080 (it always reverts to 720 - at least according to the menu, which may just be wrong). The light settings both say 10, but they are not at their brightest level, so it looks like the settings are sticking, but the menu reverts to default.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Error #13

Last night I powered on my non-DVR box, and I got an error code that said "There is a problem. Please call 1-800-XFINITY or go to comcast.net and reference code #13."

I did neither of those things because, frankly, I didn't want to be on the phone for an hour with someone who didn't know what code #13 meant, and I know that the answer wouldn't be on the website.  Anyway, I didn't notice any problems.  I dismissed the message and everything was working fine (TV, On Demand, etc.).  This morning I went to watch TV and I had the same error code, but this time nothing was working.

Has anyone seen this before?  I'm assuming a reboot is probably in order, since I haven't done that in 2 days.  I'm just curious if there is a larger issue with the STB which requires a replacement.

Frequent Visitor

I've had that message the last 2 nights, I'm thinking its releated to the new 4709 version of the server software

Regular Contributor

The resolution setting will depend on your tv's capability.  If it's an older hd set 720p is a good compromise.  If you have an old 4:3 screen with a direct view tube you will be best off with the zoom setting off unless you want your images streched and distorted

Regular Contributor

Go to settings/about.  you'll see the update option.  

Problem Solver

@HD-Tech wrote:

@Joe wrote:

Joe - you need to read through this thread.  Your questions have already been answered.

1. No.  This is fundamental to the X1 software design.

2. This is a "feature" that comcast put in a few months back.  But dont worry, because before this "feature" was added, when the boxes were off, they still consumed the same amount of electricity.  They still had the same fan noise and they still had audio being output (noticable with a reciever).  The only thing that "off" meant is no video to the screen and no power LED light.  But same power profile.  I am not sure which is worse, the thought that this was a great idea for a "feature" or the concept that these boxes are really never off. 

"The only thing that "off" meant is no video to the screen and no power LED light"

thanks for post

that what I want it to do but remote does not shut that off .

I have to go to the box and shut it off.

I hope they change software soon pushing OK in the dark is a pain.

Contributor

Ok, I see there was an update .All my boxes 1 DVR and 2 client boxs. All with a June 22 time stamp.The DVR updated to Aug 2 and 1 of my client boxs updated to July 31. My other client  box still shows the June 22 timestamp. When I try to update, I get a message that the software is up to date. I called X1 support they did  know about any updates. My qustion is, can Xfinity push or force an update to my box.I see the update allows the client boxs now go into power saving mode and turn off the power light.Also just in the last 24 hours all of the record lights are on every box. Asked tech support about this she spoke to her supervisor. Then I was told there having lots of DVR issues.  Really   

Frequent Visitor

---

---

I have the exact same issues. I have the most current firmware (8/02) and rebooting doesn't help.

Frequent Visitor

@Hoosier317 wrote:

@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
I had the X1 box installed a little over 24 hours ago, and I've already had to reset the brightness down to my preferred level four times. I've also had to fix my resolution a few times; it has a tendency to change from 1080p to 720p with no warning, rhyme or reason.

There's no need to set it to 1080p nothing broadcasts that way set it to 1080i and it won't go to 720p
It doesn't matter that nothing is broadcast in 1080p. If you have a 1080p television, then that is it's native resolution. The 1080p/1080i/720p setting on your receiver is only the resolution being delivered to your TV. Simply choose what resolution your display handles best. Issues arrise when someone selects 720p or 1080i and their TV doesn't scale one as well as the other to its native resolution. Selecting 1080p on the X1 just simplifies the process and, in my case, doesn't result in a resolution reset each day. The only setting that resets for me is the one for the brightness of the X1's front display. 

I have a 1080p TV and the 1080p X1 setting is not sticking, it's constantly reverting back to 480i. That said, I haven't noticed and change in the quality of the 720p or 1080i TV shows I watch so, I'm assuming the signal is somehow being sent to/translated into the correct resolution when it arrives at my TV through my Onkyo receiver.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment and other stuff that's broken

Get this fellers!  I work for a software company, a large one.  I'm a software design PM.  In one of my team meetings we brought up this forum today at work.  The guy's and gal's went APE with the feedback.  There are some really good posts in this forum describing repeatable issues and bugs, I commend you - certainly I am taking note of all the quirks I see.  But my QA when reading this just laughed and snickered.

Here's the deal - these problems, at least most of em, shouldn't be happening if there was any functional Quality Assurance testing.  And although my company doesn't develop any sort of entertainment software, we do extensive customer experience surveys to know what is wrong and what is right about our software.  I will give Comcast a thumbs up that they are on the right track and the format/direction they are pursuing is the right one.  However, this product is a beta product; not something that is ready for consumer consumption.  Even the tech that was here earlier this week told my wife, he couldn't even give her a lesson in the product since it was going to change so drastically over the coming weeks & months.  Personally I don't know how serious he was about that statement, but I do agree this thing needs some serious overhauling to be consumer ready.

I'm thinking I may ask for my old Xfinity system back...  this thing is unreliable, quirky and unfriendly.  Have ya tried to create a "Favorites".  Holy Cow!  How can ya screw that up?

Frequent Visitor

Andrew: Thanks for the input. That is my setting and when I watch TV (yes, not a HD TV) the pic size is appropriate (fills the screen on nonHD channels, and has the black borders on HD channels), but when I watch a DVR recording using its companion box, the recording was from a HD channel and is filling the screen and is elongated instead of black borders across the top and bottom. I have the zoom turned off. Let me know if you can think of anything else to try.

@Andrew.lindsay wrote:

Weather.... Hit xfinity button go to the tools on far right along the top, go into device settings change the resolution to 480i (you said older tv so I assume they are non HD) and see if that works for you

New Poster

Just wondering why my settings  won't stay locked? my box light settings keep reverting back to 10 (the brightest) My guide  I check the filter by favorites box and ok. but an hour later I have to do it again! doesn't keep my setting! Also my Video display keep reverting back to 4:3 480i SD even after it aks me if I want to save my 1080P setting and I click yes as soon as I exit and come back it has reverted!!!

Suggestions:

Color code the guide like the old boxes guide(color the whole box not just a thin colored line that you can barely see.

New Poster

I agre with everything you said!! I love my new box but miss a lot of the old boxes features!! Also having the same problem with lights reseting to 10 every day and other device settings reverting!

Frequent Visitor

I been having issues with the firmware updates since I received the X1 package in my house on Aug 3. After many calls to Comcast support, finally overnight on the 12th, Comcast was able to resolve the issue and my X1 hub was updated and now able to force an update if needed. The Hub then went to this update.

X1 Hub DVR

Snapshot - 13 Aug 2013

Release Version:  xappl-XRE.30P6

XRE Server Version:  1.30.06 (Build 4709)

XRE Protocol Version:  2.8.0

Receiver:  Native Version 1.2.0

Time Stamp:  Sat Jun 22 03:45:53 UTC 2013

STB Version:  PX001AN_1.2.1s5_PRODsd

Today another update occurred.

Snapshot - 17 Aug 2013

Release Version:  xappl-XRE.30P7

XRE Server Version:  1.30.07 (Build 4714)

XRE Protocol Version:  2.8.0

Receiver:  Native Version 1.2.0

Time Stamp:  Fri Aug 02 16:06:08 UTC 2013

STB Version:  PX001AN_1.2.2s5_PRODsd

Right away I had to reboot the hub, fail to display any channel, but the Guide, DVR, Setup and such worked. After rebooting, I notice the display setting fail to allow 1080p, but forced to 1080i, stating my TV did not support 1080p (has for years), but I had channels displaying, but for SpeedHD. Called again, the tech did something and Speed started to display and also the same current issue of 1080p working but not stay set in the settings as being 1080p but at 480.

Bottom line a new push of firmware apparently was pushed out last night in my area.

Diamond Problem Solver

Speed is gone as of today now Fox Sports 1, that may have been the update

Diamond Problem Solver

Weather... How is the box hooked up to your tv?

Silver Problem Solver

@lex22 wrote:

That's weird.  I have two Pace DVR's and neither of them are THAT loud.

Silver Problem Solver

@BondMan007 wrote:

Why isn't there a manual recording option?

I want to record the Yahoo! Sports Live show.  However, this show can be on up to three times a day.  I want to be able to record this show at the same time on a single channel every night--given it is on a live sports station, the earlier airings of the show are frequently bumped and are shown later than the advertised start time or not at all.  The 11pm time slot is the least likely to be off schedule but I can't tell the X1 to record that show at that exact time.  Why not?

On the drop down where you select 'This channel only', the only option is 'this channel only, any time' which does not work in this case.  I even checked the online DVR Manager and there isn't a option for this there either. 

Kara said "you can go to the Guide, scroll to the channel you would like to record>scroll left to the channnel logo>hit info and you will be able to set a manual recording from there".

Silver Problem Solver

@mmaslar wrote:

Last night I powered on my non-DVR box, and I got an error code that said "There is a problem. Please call 1-800-XFINITY or go to comcast.net and reference code #13."

I did neither of those things because, frankly, I didn't want to be on the phone for an hour with someone who didn't know what code #13 meant, and I know that the answer wouldn't be on the website.  Anyway, I didn't notice any problems.  I dismissed the message and everything was working fine (TV, On Demand, etc.).  This morning I went to watch TV and I had the same error code, but this time nothing was working.

Has anyone seen this before?  I'm assuming a reboot is probably in order, since I haven't done that in 2 days.  I'm just curious if there is a larger issue with the STB which requires a replacement.

I got #13 on one of my PR150's. A hard reboot fixed it.