Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@mars21 wrote:

When scheduling a recording you can select "this channel only".


Sometimes, sometimes not.


If you set a recording from a search result, you will not have the "record on" option. If you set a recording from the guide, you will see that option. 


You don't find that a little strange? What is the reson behind that decision?

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. I posted it as well.

 

Is there a formal mechanism to report bugs or do we just all collectively whine here and hope someone reads it?

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

There are two versions of the XR2 remote. Version R1 and R2.

 

On the back of my remote right above the battery compartment , it says:

 

XR2

Version U2

 

Does that mean I have the R1 or R2 Version? Would like to turn on the TV and A/V plus control the

vol and mute for the A/V box which is possible with the R2 version remote.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I have an appointment for X1 to be installed in a couple weeks, however we still have recorded programs on our DVRs we would like to keep for a while longer. Is it absolutely necessary that every box be replaced, or can I just get the HD ones replaced, but leave the old DVRs for the time being? If they all must be changed out together, is it just a logistics thing or is it because of a technical limitation where they will interfere with each other?

 

Thanks,

Kyle

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@Titanic1701 wrote:

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@mars21 wrote:

When scheduling a recording you can select "this channel only".


Sometimes, sometimes not.


If you set a recording from a search result, you will not have the "record on" option. If you set a recording from the guide, you will see that option. 


You don't find that a little strange? What is the reson behind that decision?


Comcast's infinite wisdom

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Kyle
There can only be 1 platform on an account , you can't mix them. Sooo start watching your recordings

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@chmodme wrote:

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. I posted it as well.

 

Is there a formal mechanism to report bugs or do we just all collectively whine here and hope someone reads it?


The message forum concept could be a really nice way to work this.  However its terribly executed in its current form.  Instead of making a dedicated forum to the X1 with many threads, we are locking into 2-3 sticky threads in the main forum about equipment where the same questions and complaints are posted over and over again.

 

Imagine a dedicated forum where every thread was about the X1.  It would be organized so people could find what they are looking for.  We could have a thread created each time a new firmware or software push was made and people post what fixes they are seeing (and new bugs).  We could have a thread about the native resolution issue.  We could have a thread about the excessive fan noise.  We could have a thread about the anyroom DVR issues.  I can go on.  But then us users could subscribe to the threads that are of relevance to the issues are having.  It would also help the real product managment team (assuming they look at the forums) to see which issues are really hot for customers and prioritize what issues they work.

 

That all sounds good and must make too much sense.  This exact suggestion has been made by a few of us to the Mods and to Kara and the response has been that board admins are happy with the current format. 

 

If you agree with what I am suggestion, I highly recommend you PM people like ComcastTeds and Kara and tell them that this is what we want!!!  WE ARE THE CUSTOMER!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

If you have version U2 you can program your audio componant to the XR2.  You can find both the instructions and the audio codes on line.  http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Thanks mars21:

 

So you are saying U2 is R2, and I can control both my TV( turn it on ) and my A/V ( turn it on and have the ability to adjust the vol and use the mute button.

 

I realize I could control one or the other but not both with the R1 ver. I have the instructions as you refer to. Wonder why they didn't label the remote as per their instructions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@flyers257 wrote:

I have an appointment for X1 to be installed in a couple weeks, however we still have recorded programs on our DVRs we would like to keep for a while longer. Is it absolutely necessary that every box be replaced, or can I just get the HD ones replaced, but leave the old DVRs for the time being? If they all must be changed out together, is it just a logistics thing or is it because of a technical limitation where they will interfere with each other?

 

Thanks,

Kyle


I believe you can get a list of your scheduled recordings on the Comcast web site.  Your saved recordings leave with your DVR.Smiley Sad

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Hello,

 

I just had X1 installed for the living room and 1 bedroom.  Everything works fine for the most part but I noticed in the bedroom(secondary box) when I try to edit setting such as close caption, which is on it won't allow me to turn it off. When I click "ok" on the setting icon it just goes away it won't allow me to get into the sub-settings at all, the living room box works fine and I can access the settings and adjust them if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

 

Frank

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I've figured out how to set up favorites . Maybe someone has posted already but I did not see it.Bring up the Guide, the large guide which fills the screen not the small guide that apears on the right of the screen when you hit  right arrow button. Anyway scroll thur the guide to the channels you want in your favorites.Arrow to the left to highlight the Network icon.Press info chose favorite channel will be added to fav list.Left arrow back to the guide choose your next channel, perform the same steps as on last channel. Once you have all your favorite selected.Go back to guide and push the A button to filter guide, choose favorites. Now your guide will be a list of your favorites

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

My Samsung TV and Yamaha Receiver do not like 720p or 1080i, it's "snowy" and flickers on the screen. I have to change the setting manually on the X1  (px001anm) every time I turn the TV/reveiver ON to 1080p30 or 1080p60 which obviously is the best resolution, however it is very annoying to do, plus I have to teach everone in the house how to do.

 

Comcast, please add the 1080p30 and 1080p60 to the default options so we can change it on the manual setting so it doesn't roll back.

Any updates on this?

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@flyers257 wrote:

I have an appointment for X1 to be installed in a couple weeks, however we still have recorded programs on our DVRs we would like to keep for a while longer. Is it absolutely necessary that every box be replaced, or can I just get the HD ones replaced, but leave the old DVRs for the time being? If they all must be changed out together, is it just a logistics thing or is it because of a technical limitation where they will interfere with each other?

 

Thanks,

Kyle


I had 2 older Motorola boxes. When I upgraded to X1, I only had 1 of the Motorolas replaced. I kept the other one so I could have more time to watch the content already on there.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

System loaded a new release last night when I manually pushed for it - and for the first time - the POWER and CLOCK lights retained my  brightness setting (1) overnight.

 

Thank you Comcast, it is a trivial thing but it is appreciated.

 

I have not had the chance to poke around for other fixes.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@chmodme wrote:

System loaded a new release last night when I manually pushed for it - and for the first time - the POWER and CLOCK lights retained my  brightness setting (1) overnight.

 

Thank you Comcast, it is a trivial thing but it is appreciated.

 

I have not had the chance to poke around for other fixes.


Can you post what the release number/ date is that fixed the clock issue?

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Time Stsmp Aug 2
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

My new X1 Pace box has been displaying dl29 on the front for several hours.  Is this a software update that has frozen?

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@banak357 wrote:

My new X1 Pace box has been displaying dl29 on the front for several hours.  Is this a software update that has frozen?


Yes, it is an update that froze at 29% downloaded. I think I remember reading that if you reset the device it will clear and try again

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Ah, makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for that!

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Did the Satellite Boxes get the update as well it seems only my X1DVR got the update to Aug02 . ood i wish they kept a list 

Regular Visitor

DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June!

 Had it installed the end of June and it still is not working.  I have spoken to about 10 different level two techs, had a tech out at my house and now it's been in the engineering dept for about three weeks.  No calls from Comcast outside of an automated call constantly asking if my problem has been resolved.  REALLY???????   No one at Comcast can figure out why I cannot use of the apps, can no longer use my DVR manager since it now states there are no compaitible boxes, cannot use a phone app since it cannot detect my services.   Tired of the same answers of it's still in engineering.   BIG MISTAKE   with this platform, can't even use my dvr manager anymore.   Comcast cannot detect any compatible boxes or platforms and no one can figure it out!

New Poster

x1 box stopped sending video over HDMI

I received the X1 system with two X1 boxes 2 weeks ago. Besides for the technician taking my personally purchased cable modem with him when he left (Still waiting on the call back on the "damage claim" I called and reported about that one) everything was working fine. Now, I go and turn on my TV, I get sound out of the receiver (connected to X1 via optical TOSLINK) but no video. It was working fine previously. I troubleshoot, turning box on/off, unplugging for 15 seconds, plugging back in, still get audio fine, no video over HDMI though. I connect component RGB cables, and the video comes through fine over component.

 

Thinking it was my tv HDMI, I plug the DVD player into the TV HDMI port, video comes in fine, so it is not the TV/HDMI port. Calbe works fine and is same cable that was working previously, but just to rule it out, tried a new cable, still no video out from X1 over HDMI. I tried all manner of rebooting the box with HDMI plugged in, unplugged, component plugged in, unplugged, etc. No go. 

 

I tried the EXIT-EXIT-EXIT 480/720/1080 trick, and it does switch resolutions, but doesn't affect the output, still just comes out over component, no HDMI.

 

Anyone have any ideas on forcing the X1 to the HDMI output?

Tags (3)
New Poster

Message on X1 DVR

I am getting an DL04 message on my X1 Box.  what does this mean

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June

A new firmware update is available.(Fri - August 2) Just downloaded it. The UI seems more snappier. Anyone that had Facebook issues They seem to be resolved. Anyone notice anything else? I don't see any major changes.
New Poster

Re: X1 terminal box has a small picture....

My new X1 DVR box has the exact same problem; the picture, both the video and the guide, is small and located in the upper left-hand corner; no amount of tinkering seems to correct it; the same TV works fine full screen on our regular boxes and other TVs that are otherwise full screen on other boxes have the same upper left-hand only picture when connected to the DVR; so, don't believe it's the TV, it must be the box. Any suggestions? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June

What are the numbers or version of this new firmware that apparently was release to some areas recently?

Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June

I can't get a new version. Are these updates localized in how they are deployed? I get an "update unsuccessful" message when I try to manually update the version. Any suggestions?
New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

My box was showing ED90.  Doing the reset worked... however now I have to try and get all my settings back.


@dg185 wrote:

@banak357 wrote:

My new X1 Pace box has been displaying dl29 on the front for several hours.  Is this a software update that has frozen?


Yes, it is an update that froze at 29% downloaded. I think I remember reading that if you reset the device it will clear and try again



@dg185 wrote:

@banak357 wrote:

My new X1 Pace box has been displaying dl29 on the front for several hours.  Is this a software update that has frozen?


Yes, it is an update that froze at 29% downloaded. I think I remember reading that if you reset the device it will clear and try again




Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@paweljaro wrote:

My Samsung TV and Yamaha Receiver do not like 720p or 1080i, it's "snowy" and flickers on the screen. I have to change the setting manually on the X1  (px001anm) every time I turn the TV/reveiver ON to 1080p30 or 1080p60 which obviously is the best resolution, however it is very annoying to do, plus I have to teach everone in the house how to do.

 

Comcast, please add the 1080p30 and 1080p60 to the default options so we can change it on the manual setting so it doesn't roll back.

Any updates on this?


You might try either of these solutions to mediate the HDMI disagreements:

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/ext-hdmi-edidp.jsp?prod_id=8005

 

http://www.hdfury.com/products/dr-hdmi-specs/

 

I use the Gefen box to keep my X1 in 5.1 mode (otherwise it insists on setting itself to stereo every day).  And I use a 2nd Gefen box on my office AVR system to run my computer through it and have it all play nice with my DVI monitor.

 

I have not had any experience with HDFury but it sounds like a similar device.  I read about it on the AVS forums.  HDFury also makes some other interesting sounding HDMI interface converters/enhancers.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

what does the Ed90 message mean on the DVR?

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June

The firmware numbers for the new update are as follows..

Release versiom: xappl - XRE. 29P5
XRE Server Version 1.29.05 (Build 4701)
XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0
STB Timestamp Fri Aug 2
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June


@xGMANx wrote:
The firmware numbers for the new update are as follows..

Release versiom: xappl - XRE. 29P5
XRE Server Version 1.29.05 (Build 4701)
XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0
STB Timestamp Fri Aug 2

Thanks xGMANx, but what I am really looking for is the STP numbers. If you notice the information you furnished is the same as I furnished but for the STB Timestamp being newer. What is the STB numbers?


@LSkrabut wrote:

Hub - STB Version:  PX001AN_1.2.1s5_PRODsd (Jun 22 2013)

 

Terminal - STB Version:  PR150BN_1.2.2s4_PRODsd (Jul 31 2013)


 

BTW for everyone, my hub/server (PX001AN) still fails to communiate to either show the firmware is currrent or able to update. I have contacted Comcast support a few times, all they do is to attempt to push or as I see it, restart the X1 hub remotely. The techs who installed the box, left after about 2 hours not being successful and talking to their support.

 


@LSkrabut wrote:
"This set-top box was unable to request an updated version"

 

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment- Aug 2 update

I manually pushed the update on Monday night using the settings option. I can tell you still didn't resolve the issue of the sound cutting in and out intermittently.

It appear to fix an issue I started having with my DVR failing to remove a deleted program from my saved folder. Yet it was moved to delete folder. The main reason I checked for an update, in addition to the aforementioned, the box grew extremely in responsive. After two reboots it still didn't resolve the lag. And on Monday I noticed it failed to record a couple of programs.

Also, I really wish they would reorganize the forum. One thread for all issues isn't useful for anyone.
Regular Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June


@xGMANx wrote:
A new firmware update is available.(Fri - August 2) Just downloaded it. The UI seems more snappier. Anyone that had Facebook issues They seem to be resolved. Anyone notice anything else? I don't see any major changes.

I ran the Aug 2 update last night. Now, whenever I go to resume a recorded program, it starts over at the beginning. Can you test yours to see if this happens? It kind of blows when you are 4 hours into a baseball game, and go to resume it, and have to 30 second skip back to the 4 hour mark. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June

I just checked a program I was an hour into. It resumed properly at that point. Sorry.
Regular Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June


@xGMANx wrote:
I just checked a program I was an hour into. It resumed properly at that point. Sorry.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully mine was an isolated incident.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I lied. Last night the X1 green POWEWR and CLOCK reverted to 10 brightness.

 

My one night with rational brightness on the display was short lived.

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Sorry,. I apparently did not fix the issue as they reverted to "10" last night.

 

One night of expected behavior followed by default behavior. :-(

Contributor

Re: DVR manager , Apps on X1 Platform hasn't worked since it's been installed in June

LSkrabut wrote:

Hub - STB Version:  PX001AN_1.2.1s5_PRODsd (Jun 22 2013)

 

Terminal - STB Version:  PR150BN_1.2.2s4_PRODsd (Jul 31 2013)


 

BTW for everyone, my hub/server (PX001AN) still fails to communiate to either show the firmware is currrent or able to update. I have contacted Comcast support a few times, all they do is to attempt to push or as I see it, restart the X1 hub remotely. The techs who installed the box, left after about 2 hours not being successful and talking to their support.

 


LSkrabut wrote: "This set-top box was unable to request an updated version"

 I have the same problem on one X1 box, the the one updated with no problem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

ComcastKara,

 

I also have the exact same problem as described by duckjump. I set the box to 1080p resolution and the following day it is reset to 720p.  

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@clay5523 wrote:

There are two versions of the XR2 remote. Version R1 and R2.

 

On the back of my remote right above the battery compartment , it says:

 

XR2

Version U2

 

Does that mean I have the R1 or R2 Version? Would like to turn on the TV and A/V plus control the

vol and mute for the A/V box which is possible with the R2 version remote.


U2 is code for the manufacturer. At this time, most XR2 remotes are considered the R2 version and should follow those remote instructions/codes. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Message on X1 DVR


@mroperjr wrote:

I am getting an DL04 message on my X1 Box.  what does this mean


DL04 (or DL##) means the box is downloading new software. Please do not interrupt the box (turn off, remove power source, etc) during this process as it needs to be powered to complete the download. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: x1 box stopped sending video over HDMI


@KyleG wrote:

I received the X1 system with two X1 boxes 2 weeks ago. Besides for the technician taking my personally purchased cable modem with him when he left (Still waiting on the call back on the "damage claim" I called and reported about that one) everything was working fine. Now, I go and turn on my TV, I get sound out of the receiver (connected to X1 via optical TOSLINK) but no video. It was working fine previously. I troubleshoot, turning box on/off, unplugging for 15 seconds, plugging back in, still get audio fine, no video over HDMI though. I connect component RGB cables, and the video comes through fine over component.

 

Thinking it was my tv HDMI, I plug the DVD player into the TV HDMI port, video comes in fine, so it is not the TV/HDMI port. Calbe works fine and is same cable that was working previously, but just to rule it out, tried a new cable, still no video out from X1 over HDMI. I tried all manner of rebooting the box with HDMI plugged in, unplugged, component plugged in, unplugged, etc. No go. 

 

I tried the EXIT-EXIT-EXIT 480/720/1080 trick, and it does switch resolutions, but doesn't affect the output, still just comes out over component, no HDMI.

 

Anyone have any ideas on forcing the X1 to the HDMI output?


For sound/no picture, try unplugging the X1 box from the back of the box, wait 30 seconds, and plug back in. This will force a hard reboot. If this does not correct the issue, please call 1-800-XFINITY for immediate assistance. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I just got the X1 yesterday. We have 2 X1 receivers and 3 companion x1 receivers. I want the master bedroom receiver to record to the 3 companion receivers and the other x1(bedroom 2) to be its own separate dvr and not share those recording. The recordings for bedroom 2 dvr don't show up on scheduled recordings on the other master bedroom dvr but after something has been recorded it shows up there. Any tips or how to fix would be appreciated.Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Bedroom 2 should have a filter behind it so it won't communicate out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Today I got my X1 box installed in Central Illinois.  I must say the system has such vast improvements I enjoy watching TV again because the system is so responsive and intuitive.  That said, I have a problem.

 

Issue Title - No IR pass through using IR repeater on X1 system (Non-DVR box)

Issue Description - All my entertainment hardware (ie - X1, DVR, receiver, etc) is hidden and I use an IR repeater to transmit/repeat the IR signal to those devices. 

 

The install took place while my wife was home and the installer did not choose to "hide" the new X1 box as before.  When I installed the X1 (slave cable box) in its "hidden spot" I found it would not respond like the previous xfinity slave TV box.  I checked the IR repeater, verified power and even reset the repeater system.  I tried using other devices and they ALL RESPONDED correctly.  I tried the X1 slave TV box again using the XR2 remote (version U2 per the back of the remote) and I get nothing.  When I go to where the X1 box is located and change channels, it works correctly.  The conspiracy nut part of me thinks the installer had foreknowledge of this issue thus why he chose not to hide the component.

 

I can only think of 1 or 2 issues - either #1 the XR2 and X1 slave TV box is RF (which if it WAS, it should STILL work!!) or 2, there is some other RF frequency my IR repeater is unable to repeat.  Personally I've worked in home theater install and high end audio and I've never seen an IR repeater not repeat and IR signal, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

 

Anyone else having this challenge or can provide feedback or trouble shooting ideas?

 

 

 

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I just got the x1 today and I am not happy at all. I have the premier triple play and don't even have all the basic cable channels. I don't have fx, nfl network, etc. and none of the premium channels. Customer support said it could take up to 24 hours for these channels to appear. I don't understand how I went from having every channel to "upgrading my stb" and now only have 15 channels to watch. The box should come ready to use when it is plugged in. I shouldn't have to wait a full day to watch channels that I pay extra for, actually I'm fairly sure I'm not even getting all of the basic cable channels right now. The tech that came to my house didn't check to see if any of the other channels even worked, it seemed like he avoided them, now that I think about it. I'll post back if and when the full channel lineup is available.
New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I have had x1 for some time now. I CANNOT for some reason get it to register to my online account. I have called many times, and asked around, but cannot get a fix. They put a ticket in via grand slam, but that still didn't work. I would like to try to re-register the box as I did when I did the initial install, but cannot find out how.. how would I do that? And if that doesn't work, then what?
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@chmodme wrote:

Sorry,. I apparently did not fix the issue as they reverted to "10" last night.

 

One night of expected behavior followed by default behavior. :-(


Same here. One good night...