Community Forum

X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Edited out because no one responded.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I have 3 X1 STBs (1 DVR and 2 non-DVRs).  When entering the diagnositc menu, my DVR shows power level of -0.5 dBmv and SNR of 37.5 dB.  One of my non-DVR STBs shows power level of 46.5 dBmv and SNR of 4 dB. The DVR STB is very quick and responsive while the non-DVR STB is sluggish (menu's, guide, etc.). Not sure if it applies equally, but if the optimal signal levels for the STBs are comparable to a cable modem, it would seem that the non-DVR STB is completely out of spec -- to the point where there would almost certainly be connection issues (which might explain the performance issues).  If true, shouldn't this have been identified on the install?  The tech was here for almost 4 hours and did signal tests on all of my lines to ensure I had the appropriate levels to support the X1 STBs.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

So the non-DVR STB, lets call it by its model number PR150, doesn't show an accurate signal level on the Summary page. Both of mine are wacky too.

Disregard that and go to System, and the DOCSIS page. This will be more accurate on the DVR and PR150.

The PR150 is sluggish with a perfect signal. No way around that unfortunately. It would seem to have limited processing power and system resources.
Tags (2)
Regular Contributor

Re: Deleted Items


@C_DM wrote:

@CountYorga wrote:

I like the fact that you can recover Deleted Items, but wonder what the protocols are for cleaning it when the drive gets full. I have not gotten anywhere near there yet but would like to know before then. Casual observation looks like maybe it erases things after two weeks but I have not verified that yet, Has anybody done that or is there documentation somewhere? Thanks for the help.


It probably clears things out as it needs more space.  The items there don't count toward how full your space is as far as recording new items.


I'm not sure what my issue is then.  My DVR has never been beyond 30% full, and it fails to record shows that are scheduled to record and randomly deletes shows that have already been recorded, even if I have it set to save until I delete.  I figured, the only thing is that the DVR is full, even though it's not (I only have about 20 hours recorded); so I cleaned out the Deleted items list the other day to see if that will fix this issue.  I doubt it will.  I'm sure I just have a faulty DVR.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@mars21 wrote:

OK so how do I disable the anyroom feature?


You will need to contact 1-800-XFINITY to have the anyroom DVR functionality removed from your account. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@FeeFiFum wrote:
I have the problem where,y box resets back to 720p after every night. Sorry I haven't read the entire thread but will someone sum up what's being said about this issue?

Our internal support team is digging into this issue. I will send you a PM to gather account information in order to escalate. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

OK ComcastKara.  I'm happy to see an official response, howver when I call (and that has been many times) no one seems to know how to do that.

Frequent Visitor

X1 platform is a horrible joke

Last Sunday (7/14/2013) I signed up for the triple play so I could receive the new "amazing" X1 platform which included the main DVR and two set top boxes (readers) so my family could enjoy the anyroom dvr and such.. Immediately I was on hold with the intelligent people at comcast explaining the ridiculous problems I was having with freezing up, error codes, boxes not tuning to channels I HAVE, and the list goes on, so on Friday comcast sends a tech out and determined that my signal from the pole to my house wasn't adequate so he installed a booster, still no change, called again and was told that the equipment could have problems and they would switch them out with new ones, tech arrived yesterday to SWITCH all 3 cable boxes and sure enough after he left the REAL problems began. Comcast still had the original 3 boxes activated on my account I must have called 20 times before I got a person that understood the rocket science that is changing three serial numbers in their system to update my account to show the new equipment.. After all of this, I now have 6, yes that's right, SIX cable boxes on my account, The main x1 dvr is functioning (as badly as the original) but now my two set top boxes in the bedrooms don't update even though there are updates available, I'm unable to access on demand, and they freeze up and are "glitchy"!!!! I'll never understand comcast and there HORRIBLE business practices, customer support boils down to a 3 hour phone call (90% of which is being on hold or being transferred) all to here a woman in broken English tell me to unplug it........ So here I am, I have a 250 dollar per month triple play with 3 boxes that do less than my calculator, and no resolution to the hardware problems I've had for a week..... Way to go comcast, I'll be switching back to DISH NETWORK

New Poster

Re: X1 platform is a horrible joke

I sure appreciate your frustrations.  I'm on my 3rd box all with the same system.  They would all over heat and I'd get a blue, red,and black screen alternating. Rebooting would help some of the time but not all of the time.  The first time I put a couple cans of tuna under the box and blew a fan at it and it worked fine until the tech got there 3  days later.  Tech said he'd never seen that problem before so he changed out my X1 box. Removed my tuna cans and fan and it worked for a grand total of 6 hours before it started doing the same thing again.  This time I didn't even call them because I knew how to fix it and I knew they didn't.  The problem finally started getting worse so I had to call them and this tech gave me the same story,he's never seen that problem before.  He was a good tech and he determined to get to the bottem of it.  He checked everything, top to bottom.  As it turned out I had a bad HDMI cable coming out of the box and when it warmed up it lost contact and quit working.  He replaced  my HDMI cable and it hasn't messed up again.  I'm loving it now.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 platform is a horrible joke

I can attest that problem as well. I have a non-x1 box and changing the cheap *** hdmi cable that was provided with the box did wonders for my reception and errors. Thats one thing to try.

Frequent Visitor

XFinity X1 reverts to 720p

Everytime I turn my TV back on my XFinity X1 DVR reverts back to 720p even though I set it to 1080p every time I use it.   I have tried 1080i, 1080p30 and 1080p60 and no matter what when I shut the TV off when I am finished the next time it comes on the setting reverts back to 720p.  

Frequent Visitor

New Xfinity X1 service

I was all set to upgrade to this new service and the Comcast technician arrived on time this morning.  Contrary to what customer service had told me, he informed me that one could not delete or set recordings at just any of the TVs that are hooked up but only at the main box.  The fact that Comcast would have designed a so called up to date and newly sophisticated system without this capability is beyond my most skeptical imagination.  How moronic is this?  If u have a TV in the bedroom, main connection with TV in the family room, and another connected TV in the home office, one has to journey to the family room to delete or record programs?  What were they thinking?  Lying in bed at midnight and wanting to record something, one has to get up and head downstairs to do so?  Working in the home office and simultaneously watching something and the phone rings for business, one has to put the client on hold to head to the family room to continue recording what was on?  If one finishes watching a number of shows in the bedroom and is ready to go to sleep, one has to write down which episodes to delete at the main DVR in the family room the next day?  This is all beyond my simplistic comprehension and suggests that not even a minimal amount of thought and planning went into this new concept.  I had to turn away the gentleman and leave things as they are.  To say the least, I am extremely disappointed and perturbed.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@coribj wrote:

Why is it every time Comcast upgrades its platform we lose features?  Had the X1 installed - no DVR - last week.  Reminders are gone; Favorites are funky and no button on the remote; advancing the guide by the day is gone or hidden; the remote can't turn off the box; the box won't work through an HDMI switcher; voice control is only through an iPhone; the box doesn't support pairing so you can't hide it behind the TV.    Ugh!


Coribj - The X1 team continues to develop and release new features. Many of the items you mentioned above are under consideration for future releases. We are working to improve the overall X1 experience. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

New features, like the ability to switch to the other tuner, new features like switch inputs on your TV? oh yeah those are really new things you need to develop, they werent around before, give me a break

Contributor

Re: X1 – On Demand pause

THis bit me again and is getting to be a pain. Forty five minutes into a one hours show watching On Demand and my daughter calls. I pause the show to answer. We chat a short time, seemed less than five minutes. Just as I hang up the show drops out of pause and ends, going back to the start screen menu. There is no resume feature, just a start. So now I have to start from the beginning and of course this is a show that restricts fast forward. I have to watch the full program again wasting 45 minutes on something I just watched.

 

Can we please get the On Demand pause fixed to not end so abruptly and also offers a resume if the pause times out. I realize resume is available if I stop the show myself, but that is a pain if I am just going to be delayed a couple of minutes. Also a manual explaining everything about time outs and how the box works would be nice.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I was able to pair my xr2 remote by following the instructions on back of the remote. Maybe they are different.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@ComcastKaraT wrote:



Coribj - The X1 team continues to develop and release new features. Many of the items you mentioned above are under consideration for future releases. We are working to improve the overall X1 experience. 


Kara - Please make sure the next revision in includes a new feature to not reset the power light brightness to full brightness after physically pressing the power button.  Another innovative feature would be, if this box is forced to be on all time, that if I press something on the remote, how about it actually responds first time in the morning?  Right now, it is very sluggish on the first couple of presses (or about 5 seconds).  Finally, a very clever feature would be to not count time while watching DVR or On-Demand towards engaging the screen saver feature. 
Frequent Visitor

Setting and Viewing Favorites - X1

I've found how to set a Favorite channel in a previous posting (convoluted but it works) however all this does is 'filter' the Guide.  How does one cycle thru one's Favorite channels similar to the FAV button on the pre-X1 remote?  The XR2 Version R2 remote (marked as Version U2 on the remote which 'passeth all understanding') has no such button which indicates to me we've lost the capability.

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Just had x1 installed yesterday. It was working fine yesterday. Today I come home and I have no audio or video when the x1 box is connected through mmy reciever.
It does work if I connect straight to the tv. The comcast support tells me the x1 will not work when connected to a receiver. I find this
to be a ridiculous statement and I know to be untrue. So I maybe cancelling all my comcast services for getting such a stupid answer.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@desertfaze wrote:
Just had x1 installed yesterday. It was working fine yesterday. Today I come home and I have no audio or video when the x1 box is connected through mmy reciever.
It does work if I connect straight to the tv. The comcast support tells me the x1 will not work when connected to a receiver. I find this
to be a ridiculous statement and I know to be untrue. So I maybe cancelling all my comcast services for getting such a stupid answer.

That is a new low in bad comcast answers!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

What ?.????????????
Mine is indeed working with a receiver and producing 5.1 Beautifully .
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

just got the X1 today.  Anyone have the codes to get into the set up to change setings such as front panel.  Mine is blank and I want to turn on the clock.

 

I'd also like the longer list of setup codes for other things I can change.   

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

The clock (display on/off) along with the 'brightness' level of the clock and the power button are in the settings (Xfinity button --> settings icon on the right side of the menu bar --> Device Settings --> Display Lights).  Turning Display Lights down to 0 removes the clock from the front panel display.

Contributor

Re: X1 Platform

Hi DutchJack

I called comcast about this problem. I was told that if I wanted to read the font better I would have to change the contrast on my television set.  I have an analog tv.   I think this may be why I have such a difficut time reading the letters in the guide... especially the channels and the descriptions of the shows.

 

I have to get up and go to the TV set and look very carefully to read certain things.  I am planning to give it a month to see if it is worth it. otherwise I will go back to the old DVR. The problem there is that the DVRs are refurbished.  They honestly do not work well.  The X1 boxes are new.  

 

Just know you are not the only one who is experiencing difficulty reading some of the font in the guide.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 platform is a horrible joke

well they fixed me up with some new equipment and now I'm fighting with billing as they haven't removed the old equipment from my account and I'm being billed for both the old and the new........ I give up with these people

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

After five calls yesterday I finally found someone who understood the problem.  In addition to changing the billing code, the hub setting must be disabled or removed.  The record light still goes on both dvr's when recording on one but that is a minor annoyance.  I' guessing that any recordings made or scheduled before the adjustment may still be visible.  We'll see.

Frequent Visitor

Harmony Remotes and X1

Picked up on this hint somewhere but after trying to program my Harmony remotes using the Mototola equipment models (as shown by the user manuals posted on the Comcast web pages) in the Harmony script generation - always ended with Harmony asking me to go thru the remote to remote learning exercise.  I have never found this scheme to be worth anything.  Seems as if the trick is to specify the Xfinity X1 as the PVR (or digital set top box) which Harmony seems to have in their device database.  Reading that powering the set top box On/Off is not a function in the XR2 remote (should only be done by manual pressing of the power button on the box according to the documentation), I chose the 'always leave on' option for the set top box in the Harmony script generation.  I now have my Harmony remotes working to a degree - not sure if optimizing them is worth the effort other than unlike the Comcast/Xfinity XR2 remote, the Harmony remotes have a backlight feature not on the XR2 remotes.

Regular Contributor

Re: Harmony Remotes and X1

My Harmony One remote works great with my x1 box. Only thing is the Logitech database doesn't have the "D" button. And since the xr2 remote is RF , the Harmony won't learn commands manually. But I put my xr2 remote away and use the Harmony, haven't had the need for the D button.
New Poster

NO signal on TV though connected (X1)

I had to move/disconnect momentarily and now there is no signal message on the TV. Yes, remote works, everything is connected, HDMI1 to HDMI1. Cable connection is good. What is up? I tried switching cable to back of box, and back, reset buttons, tv remote is set to cable/sat, HDMI is only cable between tv and Xfinity box. No tv signal for days, telephone support has disconnected us while on hold twice.

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

ComcastKara,

     I am also still having the same issue since the box was installed about a month ago.  Every day I have to manually switch the box back to 1080 P and then the next day is always switches back to 720 p. 

Problem Solver

Re: New Xfinity X1 service


@Mikwaz wrote:

I was all set to upgrade to this new service and the Comcast technician arrived on time this morning.  Contrary to what customer service had told me, he informed me that one could not delete or set recordings at just any of the TVs that are hooked up but only at the main box.  The fact that Comcast would have designed a so called up to date and newly sophisticated system without this capability is beyond my most skeptical imagination.  How moronic is this?  If u have a TV in the bedroom, main connection with TV in the family room, and another connected TV in the home office, one has to journey to the family room to delete or record programs?  What were they thinking?  Lying in bed at midnight and wanting to record something, one has to get up and head downstairs to do so?  Working in the home office and simultaneously watching something and the phone rings for business, one has to put the client on hold to head to the family room to continue recording what was on?  If one finishes watching a number of shows in the bedroom and is ready to go to sleep, one has to write down which episodes to delete at the main DVR in the family room the next day?  This is all beyond my simplistic comprehension and suggests that not even a minimal amount of thought and planning went into this new concept.  I had to turn away the gentleman and leave things as they are.  To say the least, I am extremely disappointed and perturbed.


Unfortunately the tech was misinformed as you can do all of that with the AnyRoom DVR feature.

Problem Solver

Re: Setting and Viewing Favorites - X1


@K5RG wrote:

I've found how to set a Favorite channel in a previous posting (convoluted but it works) however all this does is 'filter' the Guide.  How does one cycle thru one's Favorite channels similar to the FAV button on the pre-X1 remote?  The XR2 Version R2 remote (marked as Version U2 on the remote which 'passeth all understanding') has no such button which indicates to me we've lost the capability.


Once you have some favorites set, and you are in the guide, you can use the filter option to only show the favorites, which sounds like what you are looking for.

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Platform


@liliwings wrote:

Hi DutchJack

I called comcast about this problem. I was told that if I wanted to read the font better I would have to change the contrast on my television set.  I have an analog tv.   I think this may be why I have such a difficut time reading the letters in the guide... especially the channels and the descriptions of the shows.

 

I have to get up and go to the TV set and look very carefully to read certain things.  I am planning to give it a month to see if it is worth it. otherwise I will go back to the old DVR. The problem there is that the DVRs are refurbished.  They honestly do not work well.  The X1 boxes are new.  

 

Just know you are not the only one who is experiencing difficulty reading some of the font in the guide.  


Have you tried various font options at least for the guide (and closed captions, if you use that) in the settings?  It might not help everywhere and/or might not help enough, but that might be something at least.

Problem Solver

Re: X1 – On Demand pause


@CountYorga wrote:

THis bit me again and is getting to be a pain. Forty five minutes into a one hours show watching On Demand and my daughter calls. I pause the show to answer. We chat a short time, seemed less than five minutes. Just as I hang up the show drops out of pause and ends, going back to the start screen menu. There is no resume feature, just a start. So now I have to start from the beginning and of course this is a show that restricts fast forward. I have to watch the full program again wasting 45 minutes on something I just watched.

 

Can we please get the On Demand pause fixed to not end so abruptly and also offers a resume if the pause times out. I realize resume is available if I stop the show myself, but that is a pain if I am just going to be delayed a couple of minutes. Also a manual explaining everything about time outs and how the box works would be nice.


Even if fast forwarding is disabled, you should at least be able to use the page up button on the remote to jump forward in 5 minute increments, so at least you can get to a place where you left off in about 9 presses of that button which shouldn't take long (and you can use rewind, even if fast forward is disabled to rewind back some if you jump a little beyond where you left off).

 

That said, the pausing shouldn't time out so quickly and when it does time out it should then allow you to resume in the same place as if you stopped/exited yourself.  Unfortunately that's how it all even works on the non-X1 boxes too, so it's not even a new "issue".

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I have 3 X1 STBs (1 DVR and 2 non-DVRs). When entering the diagnositc menu, my DVR shows power level of -0.5 dBmv and SNR of 37.5 dB. One of my non-DVR STBs shows power level of 46.5 dBmv and SNR of 4 dB. The DVR STB is very quick and responsive while the non-DVR STB is sluggish (menu's, guide, etc.). Not sure if it applies equally, but if the optimal signal levels for the STBs are comparable to a cable modem, it would seem that the non-DVR STB is completely out of spec -- to the point where there would almost certainly be connection issues (which might explain the performance issues). If true, shouldn't this have been identified on the install? The tech was here for almost 4 hours and did signal tests on all of my lines to ensure I had the appropriate levels to support the X1 STBs.

You are absolutely right, we have specs to follow, and those boxes will not work right if they aren't within specs

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

I am also still having the same issue since the box was installed about a month ago. Every day I have to manually switch the box back to 1080 P and then the next day is always switches back to 720 p.

Set it to 1080i Comcast doesn't broadcast anything in 1080p

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
I am also still having the same issue since the box was installed about a month ago. Every day I have to manually switch the box back to 1080 P and then the next day is always switches back to 720 p.

Set it to 1080i Comcast doesn't broadcast anything in 1080p

At the same time, things that are broadcast at 720p would then be changed from progressive to interlaced which won't look as good for some people especially with larger/better TVs.  Hopefully the whole thing with the resolution switching on its own will be addressed soon (and hopefully a native resolution pass-through will be offered too).

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment [ New ]
‎07-23-2013 07:30 PM

andrew.lindsay wrote:
I am also still having the same issue since the box was installed about a month ago. Every day I have to manually switch the box back to 1080 P and then the next day is always switches back to 720 p.

Set it to 1080i Comcast doesn't broadcast anything in 1080p
At the same time, things that are broadcast at 720p would then be changed from progressive to interlaced which won't look as good for some people especially with larger/better TVs. Hopefully the whole thing with the resolution switching on its own will be addressed soon (and hopefully a native resolution pass-through will be offered too).

I know I was just answering to so the persons box wouldn't keep going back to 720 from 1080p

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment [ New ]
‎07-23-2013 07:30 PM

@Andrew.lindsay wrote:
I am also still having the same issue since the box was installed about a month ago. Every day I have to manually switch the box back to 1080 P and then the next day is always switches back to 720 p.

Set it to 1080i Comcast doesn't broadcast anything in 1080p
At the same time, things that are broadcast at 720p would then be changed from progressive to interlaced which won't look as good for some people especially with larger/better TVs. Hopefully the whole thing with the resolution switching on its own will be addressed soon (and hopefully a native resolution pass-through will be offered too).

I know I was just answering to so the persons box wouldn't keep going back to 720 from 1080p

I understand.  I do wonder what would be better really in that case: 720p vs. 1080i  Based on a lot of reading I've done about this a little while ago, it seems the opinions are kind of split as to which one would really be better overall.  (Of course 1080p would be the best option if/when possible, so hopefully the fix will be coming soon.)

New Poster

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment - Surround 5.1

I just had the X1 installed today. My audio also reverts back to stereo. I have only the HDMI to the TV. Has there been a resolution to this problem?
Contributor

Re: X1 – On Demand pause


@C_DM wrote:

@CountYorga wrote:

THis bit me again and is getting to be a pain. Forty five minutes into a one hours show watching On Demand and my daughter calls. I pause the show to answer. We chat a short time, seemed less than five minutes. Just as I hang up the show drops out of pause and ends, going back to the start screen menu. There is no resume feature, just a start. So now I have to start from the beginning and of course this is a show that restricts fast forward. I have to watch the full program again wasting 45 minutes on something I just watched.

 

Can we please get the On Demand pause fixed to not end so abruptly and also offers a resume if the pause times out. I realize resume is available if I stop the show myself, but that is a pain if I am just going to be delayed a couple of minutes. Also a manual explaining everything about time outs and how the box works would be nice.


Even if fast forwarding is disabled, you should at least be able to use the page up button on the remote to jump forward in 5 minute increments, so at least you can get to a place where you left off in about 9 presses of that button which shouldn't take long (and you can use rewind, even if fast forward is disabled to rewind back some if you jump a little beyond where you left off).

 

That said, the pausing shouldn't time out so quickly and when it does time out it should then allow you to resume in the same place as if you stopped/exited yourself.  Unfortunately that's how it all even works on the non-X1 boxes too, so it's not even a new "issue".


 

Thanks I did not think of that. I just tested and it worked fine. Not an ideal solution but it will do until they fix the timeout resume issue.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment - Surround 5.1

My setting goes back to stereo but with my coax plugged into my receiver actually puts out surround .
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@logarithm wrote:

Perhaps I posted to the wrong forum. It is really not recorded programming that is the issue(though there are other issues with that as well). The box froze last night when I was watching TV on an HDMI connection. Turnung the power off all night on the box did not help. Removing the power cable from the box did resolve the isue for now, but it will more than likely return again. No one from Comcast has replaced the box yet. The tech who came out last Tuesday did not know how to fix the issue.


Logarith - i will send you a PM to gather account info in order to escalate the issue with our support team. thanks!


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – On Demand pause


@CountYorga wrote:

THis bit me again and is getting to be a pain. Forty five minutes into a one hours show watching On Demand and my daughter calls. I pause the show to answer. We chat a short time, seemed less than five minutes. Just as I hang up the show drops out of pause and ends, going back to the start screen menu. There is no resume feature, just a start. So now I have to start from the beginning and of course this is a show that restricts fast forward. I have to watch the full program again wasting 45 minutes on something I just watched.

 

Can we please get the On Demand pause fixed to not end so abruptly and also offers a resume if the pause times out. I realize resume is available if I stop the show myself, but that is a pain if I am just going to be delayed a couple of minutes. Also a manual explaining everything about time outs and how the box works would be nice.


CountYoga - Our team is investigating a possible bug with the resume points. I am sorry this happened to you- its very frustrating when watching On Demand or DVR shows. When I have an update, I will notify the applicable thread(s)


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@HD-Tech wrote:


Kara - Please make sure the next revision in includes a new feature to not reset the power light brightness to full brightness after physically pressing the power button.  Another innovative feature would be, if this box is forced to be on all time, that if I press something on the remote, how about it actually responds first time in the morning?  Right now, it is very sluggish on the first couple of presses (or about 5 seconds).  Finally, a very clever feature would be to not count time while watching DVR or On-Demand towards engaging the screen saver feature. 

Thanks, HD-Tech. 

 

RE: power button - the button will be at its brightest during the reboot process, however should default to your settings once the box is up and running. If this is not the case, please send me a PM and we can look into this. 

 

Re: your other suggestions - I have shared it with our product team. Thanks!


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Setting and Viewing Favorites - X1


@K5RG wrote:

I've found how to set a Favorite channel in a previous posting (convoluted but it works) however all this does is 'filter' the Guide.  How does one cycle thru one's Favorite channels similar to the FAV button on the pre-X1 remote?  The XR2 Version R2 remote (marked as Version U2 on the remote which 'passeth all understanding') has no such button which indicates to me we've lost the capability.


Thanks for your question K5RG. At this point in time, there is no way to "cycle" or flip through favorite channels on the X1 Platform. 

 

If you are looking for all your favorite content in one location, you can access your favorite shows, movies, channels and personalities in the Favorites folder in the On Demand section. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Platform


@liliwings wrote:

Hi DutchJack

I called comcast about this problem. I was told that if I wanted to read the font better I would have to change the contrast on my television set.  I have an analog tv.   I think this may be why I have such a difficut time reading the letters in the guide... especially the channels and the descriptions of the shows.

 

I have to get up and go to the TV set and look very carefully to read certain things.  I am planning to give it a month to see if it is worth it. otherwise I will go back to the old DVR. The problem there is that the DVRs are refurbished.  They honestly do not work well.  The X1 boxes are new.  

 

Just know you are not the only one who is experiencing difficulty reading some of the font in the guide.  


We are working on an update to the design of the guide layout in the release of X2. Our goal is to improve layout and readability, based on feedback. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment


@duckjump wrote:

ComcastKara,

     I am also still having the same issue since the box was installed about a month ago.  Every day I have to manually switch the box back to 1080 P and then the next day is always switches back to 720 p. 


I know this is a very frustrating issue, duckjump. Our team is investigating the bug. Fox details and timing are not known at this time. Once i have more info, I will post it to the applicable thread(s).  


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

New X1 Platform remote

silly question but we just switched over from a HD DVR to the new X1. Love it for real BUT I went to set up my recording and am unable to skip forward to certain days in the channel guide like I could in my old DVR. I hate to have to call comcast to ask such a silly question and could not find anything in the user guides. Does anyone know how to skip to certain days in the channel guide to set up recordings rather than scrolling through the LONG way? TIA Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 – Settings, Remote & Equipment

Got the X1 installed on Monday morning.  Worked great all day and yesterday.  Early around 2am this morning the system called for a box restart.  I was heading to bed anyway so I shut the TV off.  Turned it on this morning and it is stuck in "Boot" mode.  It is now 2:01pm.  Signals have been sent, the box has been unplugged and the power button has been held in for 10 seconds.  They will send a tech out......6 days from now.