Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 Set-Top Box Question/Problem

New Poster

X1 Set-Top Box Question/Problem

Trying to figure out if I am having a problem with the cable line, the power source or the TV (new TV less than a year old).

Why would the light to a set top box fade to a light blue verses the regular bright of blue or turn off completely on its own when it doesn't connect - is this a power source problem or the cable/coax line problem.

Replaced set top box that was not finding the signal - still having problem with the new set box. Have used a different cable outlet to make sure it isn't the cable/coax line and still can't find the connection. Unplug box, wait 10 plus seconds and plug back in - still doesn't connect. Replaced hdmi cable to the tv, etc. Tried a different electrical outlet.  Tried it all.  Got up this morning and it was working fine.....what the heck!  This has happened several times over the past couple of weeks.  (All other TVs are working fine, all on boxes and different coax lines - not sharing or splitting lines.)

Expert

Re: X1 Set-Top Box Question/Problem

What is the model number?

New Poster

Sorry Robert for the delay in responding - didn't realize anyone had commented.  It's  XiD-P model Pace PXD01ANI

It was working fine the next day but today when I turned on the TV the screen was frozen and when I rebooted everything I get the RDX 03036 error message.  And the light to the box is faced - not full strenght.

This is getting frustrating.

Expert

@Leftie7000 wrote:

Sorry Robert for the delay in responding - didn't realize anyone had commented.  It's  XiD-P model Pace PXD01ANI

It was working fine the next day but today when I turned on the TV the screen was frozen and when I rebooted everything I get the RDX 03036 error message.  And the light to the box is faced - not full strenght.

This is getting frustrating.

You might have a MoCA issue or a poor wifi connection.  Is moca turned on in your gateway settings?

New Poster

Thanks Robert - I'll have to look up MoCA issue - as I have no idea what that is.  I think it's the cable coming into the house - it is the original cable and to be honest I don't even know how it is coming into the house since we've added on so much - adding rooms/walls.  We are looking at having our "wiring" for cable organized/rerun since we do have so many different cable running from the exterior box - it's a mess.

It's crazy how some days it works and other days it doesn't - box hasn't worked for two days but it's working today! So crazy!

Expert

@Leftie7000 wrote:

Thanks Robert - I'll have to look up MoCA issue - as I have no idea what that is.  I think it's the cable coming into the house - it is the original cable and to be honest I don't even know how it is coming into the house since we've added on so much - adding rooms/walls.  We are looking at having our "wiring" for cable organized/rerun since we do have so many different cable running from the exterior box - it's a mess.

It's crazy how some days it works and other days it doesn't - box hasn't worked for two days but it's working today! So crazy!

Could be a loose coax connection somewhere; I have had to go in the attic to tighten the coax connections on the amp Comcast installed.