Community Forum

X1 Remotes

New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

I came here to ask the same question, and glad to find this thread.  This is not a reply but an extension to the question  -  i.e., is there any info available re customization tricks (if any) to modify the default action of/response to other keys on the remote? (XR15 voice) For instance, I would like to be able to skip pressing OK to confirm every request (such as changing channels, or pressing the "last channel" key) when the change I'm making is non-destructive (ie., nothing gets deleted) or non-permanent (i.e., easily reversed)

 

Thanks.

Expert

Re: X1 Remotes


@mfc65622 wrote:

I came here to ask the same question, and glad to find this thread.  This is not a reply but an extension to the question  -  i.e., is there any info available re customization tricks (if any) to modify the default action of/response to other keys on the remote? (XR15 voice) For instance, I would like to be able to skip pressing OK to confirm every request (such as changing channels, or pressing the "last channel" key) when the change I'm making is non-destructive (ie., nothing gets deleted) or non-permanent (i.e., easily reversed)

 

Thanks.


keys can not be reassigned nor changed. there is a procedure input by the remote that changes the page up button from 5 minutes to 30 seconds function but that is a set top box 'setting' not a remote setting.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 Remotes

i just got the new 4K cable box, it came with a new remote (XR15) but i am not a fan of it..the buttons are hard to press and also are small 

 

can i use my XR11 on the new 4K box? i was told by a rep the other day i could but XR11 doesnt work with the new cable box...is there some kind of code i hace to do?

Official Employee

Re: X1 Remotes

Yes you can use the XR11 remote, with no problems. Tho first, with the XR11 press and hold setup and press 987. Then press and hold setup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code that pops up onscreen

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 Remotes

thank you so much..much happier this the XR11 Smiley Happy

New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

I tried 0015 and it seems to have set the replay to 15 secs.  I’m watching a running clock during a football game.   

New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

Actually, it’s skipping forward 30 secs and back 15 secs using code 0030

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Remotes

The lack of 15sec rewind on the XR15 is infuriating... Thank goodness my XR11 paired back up to the new box.   Still does everything.   Taking the XR15 back to the comcast store. 

Official Employee

Re: X1 Remotes

Try the pg down button for the 15 second rewind(just not a dedicated button)

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

We are new Comcast cutomers and despise this remote.  The buttons are difficult to press and the lack of a 15 second rewind button and 30 second skip is incrediably frustrating.  Can we go to a Comcast store and get the last model remote and pair it with the new cable boxes?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remotes


@Pangua5 wrote:

We are new Comcast cutomers and despise this remote.  The buttons are difficult to press and the lack of a 15 second rewind button and 30 second skip is incrediably frustrating.  Can we go to a Comcast store and get the last model remote and pair it with the new cable boxes?


Absolutely; I have two 4k DVR;s and I use both remotes with them.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: X1 Remotes

adding...

 

the remote does not 'have' that feature, you just program the specific set top box using the exit exit exit 0030 sequence on the remote. once a box is set then either xr11/xr15 will operate same way with page up. 

 

you can also say forward 3 minutes 15 seconds to fast forward instantly (stress the last S in minutes and seconds in speaking to the remote)



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 Remotes

Hi @Pangua5

 

The information provided by @RobertWy and @Rustyben are correct. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

I have rebooted the system several times as one customer suggested, but my remote STILL keeps unpairing with the TV, even within the repairing steps!!! I’m so frustrated and xfinity support couldn’t solve the issue. How do you get out of this stupid pairing screen???? I just want to watch the TV I’m paying for!!! Ugh!!!!!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remotes


@Catgrrl83 wrote:
I have rebooted the system several times as one customer suggested, but my remote STILL keeps unpairing with the TV, even within the repairing steps!!! I’m so frustrated and xfinity support couldn’t solve the issue. How do you get out of this stupid pairing screen???? I just want to watch the TV I’m paying for!!! Ugh!!!!!

Have you tried standing close to the X1 box?  Have you tried new batteries?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 Remotes

Hi @Catgrrl83

 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I wanted to reach out to see if you were able to get your remote paired so you could watch TV? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 Remotes

request a new remote

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Remotes

I’m a little confused. Is the XG1v4 box Ir or rf? I’m trying to figure out what options I have for getting a universal remote to control my Sony Android TV and Bose 700 soundbar as well so I can use more of their features. . I’m beginning to realize that the only way I’ll have voice control is to use the XR15 that came with it. I’m just curious to see what other options I might have. 

Official Employee

Re: X1 Remotes

I’m a little confused. Is the XG1v4 box Ir or rf?
___________
Both it’s IR, and uses RF to pair the X1 remote to the DVR ( how you get voice commands)

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Remotes

So I’m assuming that the voice control Is exclusive to this  this particular Comcast remote only and cannot be duplicated with any universal remote, is that correct?  Is there a harmony (or other) remote that can be programmed to do all of the features (minus the voice control)  that can do all of the functions of the X 15 so I can use that and have access to all of my apps on my new Sony TV? 

Official Employee

Re: X1 Remotes

Yes, the Harmony will work (no voice commands)you’ll just have to search for the correct codes to use in conjunction with the X1 platform

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Remotes

I have an XR15 remote that is having a problem.  It is almost like it is losing it's connection to my box after a certain amount of time in my main room.

 

It will stop working, the light at the top will blink green then red.  I have to pull the batteries out and back in for it to work.

 

I swapped it with the one in my bedroom, the one that isn't working in the TV room works fine in the bedroom, the one in the Bedroom when it goes to the TV room does the same thing.

 

I don't think it is a pairing issue since pulling the batteries fixes it.  Anyone see this before?  This is with the 4K cable box.  

Expert

Re: X1 Remotes


@heyeaglefn wrote:

I have an XR15 remote that is having a problem.  It is almost like it is losing it's connection to my box after a certain amount of time in my main room.

 

It will stop working, the light at the top will blink green then red.  I have to pull the batteries out and back in for it to work.

 

I swapped it with the one in my bedroom, the one that isn't working in the TV room works fine in the bedroom, the one in the Bedroom when it goes to the TV room does the same thing.

 

I don't think it is a pairing issue since pulling the batteries fixes it.  Anyone see this before?  This is with the 4K cable box.  


comcast will not acknowledge this issue that has been reported many times. Some firmware upgrades install but the remote 'config' file and sometimes the 30 second skip modification wo not install on the first boot of the firmware. power unplug the set top box and then the remote will work along with the regular configured features.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

Just got Xfiniity X1.  My remote is XR15.  Like others I really miss the 30 second forward 10 second back buttons on my Dish remote.  I tried pressing exit 3 times to reprogram the page up/page down but it doesn't seem to work on the XR15.  Is there another trick for doing this on the XR15?  For most of who record things like sporting events and watch them later to skip commercials, not having these quick skip functions is a real nuisance.  Xfinity has really missed the boat on this one, unless there's a workaround.

Expert

Re: X1 Remotes


@scsnaf wrote:

Just got Xfiniity X1.  My remote is XR15.  Like others I really miss the 30 second forward 10 second back buttons on my Dish remote.  I tried pressing exit 3 times to reprogram the page up/page down but it doesn't seem to work on the XR15.  Is there another trick for doing this on the XR15?  For most of who record things like sporting events and watch them later to skip commercials, not having these quick skip functions is a real nuisance.  Xfinity has really missed the boat on this one, unless there's a workaround.


the exit exit exit 0030 is programming the set top box not the remote. once the set top box is 'set' any remote using that set top box will work with the 30 seconds page forward and 15 seconds back. the 'old' 5 minute skips can still be handled via the voice command 'forward 5 minutes' etc.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remotes


@scsnaf wrote:

Just got Xfiniity X1.  My remote is XR15.  Like others I really miss the 30 second forward 10 second back buttons on my Dish remote.  I tried pressing exit 3 times to reprogram the page up/page down but it doesn't seem to work on the XR15.  Is there another trick for doing this on the XR15?  For most of who record things like sporting events and watch them later to skip commercials, not having these quick skip functions is a real nuisance.  Xfinity has really missed the boat on this one, unless there's a workaround.


I use both the XR11 and XR15 with my 4k DVR.  Remotes are free at the nearest Xfinity Store, but I don't know whether the XF11 is still available.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!