Community Forum

X1 Remotes

New Poster

Re: X1 Remotes

I came here to ask the same question, and glad to find this thread.  This is not a reply but an extension to the question  -  i.e., is there any info available re customization tricks (if any) to modify the default action of/response to other keys on the remote? (XR15 voice) For instance, I would like to be able to skip pressing OK to confirm every request (such as changing channels, or pressing the "last channel" key) when the change I'm making is non-destructive (ie., nothing gets deleted) or non-permanent (i.e., easily reversed)

Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

@mfc65622 wrote:

I came here to ask the same question, and glad to find this thread.  This is not a reply but an extension to the question  -  i.e., is there any info available re customization tricks (if any) to modify the default action of/response to other keys on the remote? (XR15 voice) For instance, I would like to be able to skip pressing OK to confirm every request (such as changing channels, or pressing the "last channel" key) when the change I'm making is non-destructive (ie., nothing gets deleted) or non-permanent (i.e., easily reversed)

Thanks.

keys can not be reassigned nor changed. there is a procedure input by the remote that changes the page up button from 5 minutes to 30 seconds function but that is a set top box 'setting' not a remote setting.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

i just got the new 4K cable box, it came with a new remote (XR15) but i am not a fan of it..the buttons are hard to press and also are small 

can i use my XR11 on the new 4K box? i was told by a rep the other day i could but XR11 doesnt work with the new cable box...is there some kind of code i hace to do?

Official Employee

Yes you can use the XR11 remote, with no problems. Tho first, with the XR11 press and hold setup and press 987. Then press and hold setup and then the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code that pops up onscreen
Contributor

thank you so much..much happier this the XR11 Smiley Happy

New Poster

I tried 0015 and it seems to have set the replay to 15 secs.  I’m watching a running clock during a football game.   

New Poster

Actually, it’s skipping forward 30 secs and back 15 secs using code 0030