Community Forum

X1 Remote Issue - Won't Turn TV on/off

New Poster

X1 Remote Issue - Won't Turn TV on/off

Hey everybody, I just received and hooked up my X1 box, and programmed it via the on screen instructions.  I have a TV and stereo receiver which the X1 remote needs to control.  When I go through the remote setup, it pairs to the box, then it goes to the tv setting...but it never asks me to program in a code. I get the screen where it gives the instructions to press and hold setup, wait for the green light, and then press the xfinity button.  It never asks me what brand of tv, or gives me a code to try.  It goes straight to the asking if I have a receiver.  In that menu it asks what brand, and gives me a code to program.  The remote controls volume on the receiver fine, and will turn it on/off with the all power button.  When I press the TV power button, it turns the receiver on/off, not the TV.  I've tried reprogramming it to no avail.  

Is there a way to force it to go to the code screen for the tv?  The secondary box that is in the bedroom (no receiver, just tv) goes to the correct code screen, and controls the tv power correctly.  What am I missing here???

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Issue - Won't Turn TV on/off

You need to try more codes. Have you been here: https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Program the TV first then your audio.

dubster99 wrote:

Hey everybody, I just received and hooked up my X1 box, and programmed it via the on screen instructions.  I have a TV and stereo receiver which the X1 remote needs to control.  When I go through the remote setup, it pairs to the box, then it goes to the tv setting...but it never asks me to program in a code. I get the screen where it gives the instructions to press and hold setup, wait for the green light, and then press the xfinity button.  It never asks me what brand of tv, or gives me a code to try.  It goes straight to the asking if I have a receiver.  In that menu it asks what brand, and gives me a code to program.  The remote controls volume on the receiver fine, and will turn it on/off with the all power button.  When I press the TV power button, it turns the receiver on/off, not the TV.  I've tried reprogramming it to no avail.  

Is there a way to force it to go to the code screen for the tv?  The secondary box that is in the bedroom (no receiver, just tv) goes to the correct code screen, and controls the tv power correctly.  What am I missing here???

Regular Contributor

If you have the XR5 or XR11 (voice) remote I think you can only control one device other than the box, so either TV or AV receiver, not both.  If I'm wrong, someone please tell me, because I'd love to know how to program my voice remote to control both my TV and AV receiver.

Official Employee

dubster99 wrote:

You don't need the screen to enter the codes, it's just an aid. 

New Poster

My remote performs all functions except turning on the tv and controll volume 

Gold Problem Solver

1+ Year Old Topic Closed. 

Feel Free to create a New Topic for your issues.