Community Forum

X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Contributor

X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Greetings -

 

I have Xfinity X1 Service; 1 DVR, 2 HD boxes.  All 3 have started experiencing intermitent (but becoming more regular) lag between entering a command on the remote and the respective box responding.  Sometimes, the lag is many minutes in length.  Eventually, the box responds executing all of the commands entered previously.  This is VERY frustrating to the point that my wife is ready to throw the boxes out the window.  Any thoughts on a fix?  Thanks in advance.

 

RK

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Try RF Pairing the remote to the box: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere/

If that doesn't help, you may have signal issues that could require a tech visit to fix.

 


RKF wrote:

Greetings -

 

I have Xfinity X1 Service; 1 DVR, 2 HD boxes.  All 3 have started experiencing intermitent (but becoming more regular) lag between entering a command on the remote and the respective box responding.  Sometimes, the lag is many minutes in length.  Eventually, the box responds executing all of the commands entered previously.  This is VERY frustrating to the point that my wife is ready to throw the boxes out the window.  Any thoughts on a fix?  Thanks in advance.

 

RK


 

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Allow me to clarify a bit.  The box responds to the remote (the light flashes) it just doesn't perform the requested action, primarily channel change.  For example, I can hit the channel up button and then hit it again thinking the box didn't "see" the command.  Nothing happens until a minute or more later when the box then goes up two channels (or more depending on how many times the button was hit).  It is behaving like computer keyboards used to do with a keyboard buffer.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Please try RF pairing the remote.............


RKF wrote:

Allow me to clarify a bit.  The box responds to the remote (the light flashes) it just doesn't perform the requested action, primarily channel change.  For example, I can hit the channel up button and then hit it again thinking the box didn't "see" the command.  Nothing happens until a minute or more later when the box then goes up two channels (or more depending on how many times the button was hit).  It is behaving like computer keyboards used to do with a keyboard buffer.




Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Rick -

 

Thank you for the link to that info - I will give it a try this afternoon.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

FYI RF pairing won't work with a companion without an XR8 attachment.

 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Robert brings up a good point. If your two Companion boxes are RNG-150's you will not be able to RF pair them without XR8 adapters. However if you pair the remote to your DVR and the situation improves you will know what the issue is. If you RF pair the remote to the DVR and the situation DOES NOT improve, that means you probably have signal problems and you will need to get a tech out to your house.

Official Employee

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Hello 

 

My apologies for the delay in response to your post. 

 

I have checked the signal levels on all of your boxes and I was not able to find any readings that would point to a problem. Every time a key is pressed in the remote, the boxes send out a signal to the X1 (XRE) Server, if the communication with the server is bad or down, the box should still respond but with a delay. 

 

Having bad server communication usually points out to signal issues but in this case there are no issues there so the best way to resolve that would be to get you new remotes. We can send you new ones via UPS or you can visit your local Service Center.

 

Please let me know which option is most convenient for you and if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

 

Thank You!!!

ComcastGeorge

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

ComcastGeorge -

 

My sincere thanks to you for checking signal levels!!!

 

I was able to pair the remote to the DVR box, but as others said, I was not able to pair the respective remotes to the companion boxes.  And, lo and behold, the problem still persists on the 2 companion boxes. 

 

So, ComcastGeorge, I will take you up on your offer to ship us new remotes via UPS and then we can return the old ones.

 

Thank you again.

 

RK.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

RKF,

If RF Pairing solved the problem with your X1 DVR, it is VERY UNLIKELY new remotes will solve any problems for you. You need XR8 adapters for your two Companion boxes so you can RF Pair those as well.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/XR8-Adaptors/m-p/2470728/highlight/true#M58790

 

 

 

 

 

Official Employee

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Hello, 

 

Yes, RF pairing will not work with the X1 Companion boxes, you will need the XR8 adapter. However, it cannot be picked up at a Customer Service Center and is not available with a Self Installation Kit at this time. The device was only available via professional installation and at a technician's discretion. 

 

The Aim Anywhere Adapter was released in August of 2014; however, due to an issue with the existing model, technicians will no longer be installing this device with the RNG-150N set-top box until a newer model is available. The newer model is scheduled to be released in the second quarter of 2015.

 

This is from an internal document released in February of 2015.

 

ComcastGeorge

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

ComcastGeorge,

If you read the thread link in my last post, you will see that Comast Neal has been shipping customers XR8's upon request. That is the reason I posted the link...


ComcastGeorge wrote:

Hello, 

 

Yes, RF pairing will not work with the X1 Companion boxes, you will need the XR8 adapter. However, it cannot be picked up at a Customer Service Center and is not available with a Self Installation Kit at this time. The device was only available via professional installation and at a technician's discretion. 

 

The Aim Anywhere Adapter was released in August of 2014; however, due to an issue with the existing model, technicians will no longer be installing this device with the RNG-150N set-top box until a newer model is available. The newer model is scheduled to be released in the second quarter of 2015.

 

This is from an internal document released in February of 2015.

 

ComcastGeorge





Official Employee

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

I did see that post, that is why I looked up internal documents that would tell me how to start the process of shipping the adapter but the only one I found was the one quoted above. I will follow up with ComcastNeal see if he can tell me how to schedule the shipment or if he can do it himself.

 

Thank you Rick.

 

ComcastGeorge

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

RickGr4, ComcastGeorge and even ComcastNeal -

 

Thank you very much for your desire to help solve this; it is refreshing to see this in this day and age.

 

I will take whatever solution resolves the problem, be that new remotes or the XR8 adapters.  If the XR8 adapters can be shipped direct to a customer, that would be great.  Any solution is better than my wife throwing the box out of the window when the channel doesn't change when she pushes the button.

 

Thanks again.

 

RK

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

ComcastNeal might send you a free one here:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/XR8-Adaptors/td-p/2470728/page/2


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Well Folks, time for an update.

 

I have now experienced for myself the problem.  I can now conclude that this is not a problem with the remotes.  The remotes send thier signal to the box, the box receives that signal (as indicated by the indicator on the box that flashes.  The box then takes some period of time to respond to the command entered on the remote.  Sometimes it is a few seconds, a minute, and night before last it took over 10 minutes, but it did eventually respond.  Last night, my wife pressed the Channel up one time and the box decided to show her every channel in the system.  Sometimes, the channel logo for the channel you are trying to go to appears on the screen with 3 dots below it; sometimes nothing at all.

 

So, I am back to square one - what the heck is causing the lagging response from the cable box?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

I am assuming you have XR8s and you have RF paired the remotes. You are right. The problem isn't the remotes. The problem is how the X1 boxes process the remote commands. X1 boxes seem to work much better when using RF signals. They are fussy with infrared signals.

Also, please remember almost every button you press on an X1 remote goes back and forth on the cloud. That means the internet connection to your X1 boxes must be pristine. When X1 boxes are sluggish, it can be a sign of internet connection quality or signal related issues.

X1 boxes have two ways we can check are own signals. The "Signal Check" in the main menu is worthless. X1 boxes have a user accessible diagnostic menu that provides much more information. But a Comcast tech who is actually on site can see even more aspects of your signal levels.

If it were me, I would get a tech out to your house. If you have had a tech out, I would get another one.


RKF wrote:

Well Folks, time for an update.

 

I have now experienced for myself the problem.  I can now conclude that this is not a problem with the remotes.  The remotes send thier signal to the box, the box receives that signal (as indicated by the indicator on the box that flashes.  The box then takes some period of time to respond to the command entered on the remote.  Sometimes it is a few seconds, a minute, and night before last it took over 10 minutes, but it did eventually respond.  Last night, my wife pressed the Channel up one time and the box decided to show her every channel in the system.  Sometimes, the channel logo for the channel you are trying to go to appears on the screen with 3 dots below it; sometimes nothing at all.

 

So, I am back to square one - what the heck is causing the lagging response from the cable box?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.


 

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Could always swap the box out entirely for an Xi3 box which does have RF pairing.

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Rick -

 

No, I don't yet have the boxes you mentioned, but I am still of the opinion that this isn't a remote issue anymore.  I did see in another post of yours the way to check signal levels.  I am thinking now that this is a signal related issue.  It seems to be worse in the evening/night when overall traffic is higher as well.  When we had the X1's installed, the signal was on the ragged edge; before X1 we had some issues with signal levels on just the internet side of things.  I am thinking it is probably time for a tech visit.

 

What is the Xi3 box mentioned by John3758?  Never heard of that one.

 

Thanks again.

 

Silver Problem Solver
Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

So, I checked the signal levels on all 3 boxes last night.  Downstream and SNR on all 3 were right in the middle of acceptable range.  Upstream was at the high end of the range (if not above).  Harking back to when we had HSI installed many moons ago, I recall being told that a high upstream signal level indicated that the box was, in essence, screaming to be heard by the system.  The solution back then was to get a "home-run" from the main box outside the house to the modem; does that still apply for the X1 STBs?  And before you ask, yes there are splitters in the lines between the STB and the street box.

 

Am I on the right track here?  It is time for a tech visit, yes?

 

Thanks again.

 

RK.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

You are on the right track. High upstream means the box is fighting to return signal to Comcast and that is not good. I initially had that problem. Installing an "X1 spec" RF signal amp fixed that for me.

X1 requires a 0DB return insertion loss amp. This amp singlehandedly solved all my X1 issues:

http://www.ppc-online.com/Products/Entry/entry-series-5-port-active-return.cfm

I have the Evo 1-5 u/u

Xi-3 is a new Companion box. Not all markets have it. The good news is the Xi3 is faster, it has RF remote pairing and the same features as an X1 DVR. The bad news is it steals a tuner from your X1 DVR for live TV.



RKF wrote:

So, I checked the signal levels on all 3 boxes last night.  Downstream and SNR on all 3 were right in the middle of acceptable range.  Upstream was at the high end of the range (if not above).  Harking back to when we had HSI installed many moons ago, I recall being told that a high upstream signal level indicated that the box was, in essence, screaming to be heard by the system.  The solution back then was to get a "home-run" from the main box outside the house to the modem; does that still apply for the X1 STBs?  And before you ask, yes there are splitters in the lines between the STB and the street box.

 

Am I on the right track here?  It is time for a tech visit, yes?

 

Thanks again.

 

RK.


 

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

I used to program FIRMWARE and this is a huge issue with all of todays devices.

Let me explain the problem.

In the old days ONLY the Controller and TV would communicate.

Today the Remote communicates to a Box that communicates to a server that processes the 

command that sends the command to the Box. Can you see the issue now?

 

Imagine 40 feet was the distance a old 1980's remote would have to communicate to TV.

Today it goes 40 feet then 5 miles to a server with 500 other remotes also talking to that server

and now you can see the reason why it takes so long for a response.

 

Add this to the fact that the USA is 38th for Internet speeds and you see the problem clearly.

 

The issue is CLEARLY BAD DESIGN AND ONLY BAD DESIGN!

 

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

i'm having the same lag issue as stated above..is there a none X1 receiver i can switch to because what i pay for this service and the aggravation that goes with it makes me want to cancel service and switch to dish

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Any chance you read the solutions mentioned in this thread? Have you RF paired your remote to the box?


dishtvhereicome wrote:

i'm having the same lag issue as stated above..is there a none X1 receiver i can switch to because what i pay for this service and the aggravation that goes with it makes me want to cancel service and switch to dish


 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

http://1drv.ms/1LQ23ii
http://1drv.ms/1LQ23Ph

The first is a DVR, the 2nd is an RNG150. If your boxes don't perform like this, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. You either have signal issues, box issues, provisioning issues, or need to RF pair the remote.

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Let me explain the issue. I had a Comcast tech RUN A NEW LINE TO THE HOUSE AND ALL LINES IN HOUSE WITH NEW BOXES!

3 Days later you could push the remote to change a channel on the TV and the box showed it got the signal but took 3 minutes to change the channel!

New Boxes, new line from outside and inside house and everything checked out perfect. Yet took 3 minutes to change a channel?

 

The problem is the DESIGN! Look I press the remote it sends IR signal to box, box takes that command and sends command to Server at Comcast. 

Comcast Server is bogged down and sits there for 3 minutes while my request for changing channel is waiting in line to be processed for 3 minutes!

 

THE ENTIRE DESIGN IS BAD AND BLOWS!  There is no other way to state the problem. DESIGN IS BAD! Unless you have a perfect connection 

and the Server is not working 100% you get problems. Example for other problems is last night channel 71 and channel 53 had swapped sound channnels.

To watch 45 minutes of a movie I had to run another cable from other bedroom with two TV's so I could watch a movie with sound on 53 and movie on 71!

 

Honestly Comcast servers are a mess and they hire incompent people that can not run them. 99% of the poblem is BAD DESIGN and BAD MANAGEMENT!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag


X1 works perfectly when your signal levels are within spec. However is there any chance you have RF Paired your remotes???

Please read this: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere



richgilbertson wrote:

Let me explain the issue. I had a Comcast tech RUN A NEW LINE TO THE HOUSE AND ALL LINES IN HOUSE WITH NEW BOXES!

3 Days later you could push the remote to change a channel on the TV and the box showed it got the signal but took 3 minutes to change the channel!

New Boxes, new line from outside and inside house and everything checked out perfect. Yet took 3 minutes to change a channel?

 

The problem is the DESIGN! Look I press the remote it sends IR signal to box, box takes that command and sends command to Server at Comcast. 

Comcast Server is bogged down and sits there for 3 minutes while my request for changing channel is waiting in line to be processed for 3 minutes!

 

THE ENTIRE DESIGN IS BAD AND BLOWS!  There is no other way to state the problem. DESIGN IS BAD! Unless you have a perfect connection 

and the Server is not working 100% you get problems. Example for other problems is last night channel 71 and channel 53 had swapped sound channnels.

To watch 45 minutes of a movie I had to run another cable from other bedroom with two TV's so I could watch a movie with sound on 53 and movie on 71!

 

Honestly Comcast servers are a mess and they hire incompent people that can not run them. 99% of the poblem is BAD DESIGN and BAD MANAGEMENT!






Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

LOL the problem is not the Box or Remote. Lag is caused by the SERVER AT COMCAST!

 

You press the IR remote and the Box takes that command and sends it to Comcast Server. 

The Server is bogged down and your command sits there waiting to be processed then finally is sent to your box.

 

BAD DESIGN is the issue not the box. Signal is not the problem, SERVER LAG is the issue!

 

Look back in the old days you push a button on the remote and it would just tell the TV to do something. NO LAG!

Today it has to go from Remote, to Box, to Comcast Server, process command in server, back to Box with new command.

 

Look all devices today use a Server to process data and any issues with the Server magnify the problem. Just bad design is the issue!

 

The box should just change the channel or sound, but today they route it all to server to log what you do, the cost is crappy service to Customers!

 

Want better service? Quit attempting to route everything down a single pipe from everywhere and expect good results. REMOTE MEANS REMOTE!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag


Sorry but you are not correct. X1 boxes occasionally are flooded and overloaded by IR input commands which makes them respond very sluggishly.

Please take your blinders off and RF pair the remotes.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

If you are too stubborn or too lazy to even attempt this solution then you better head back to legacy boxes very quickly.



richgilbertson wrote:

LOL the problem is not the Box or Remote. Lag is caused by the SERVER AT COMCAST!

 

You press the IR remote and the Box takes that command and sends it to Comcast Server. 

The Server is bogged down and your command sits there waiting to be processed then finally is sent to your box.

 

BAD DESIGN is the issue not the box. Signal is not the problem, SERVER LAG is the issue!

 

Look back in the old days you push a button on the remote and it would just tell the TV to do something. NO LAG!

Today it has to go from Remote, to Box, to Comcast Server, process command in server, back to Box with new command.

 

Look all devices today use a Server to process data and any issues with the Server magnify the problem. Just bad design is the issue!

 

The box should just change the channel or sound, but today they route it all to server to log what you do, the cost is crappy service to Customers!

 

Want better service? Quit attempting to route everything down a single pipe from everywhere and expect good results. REMOTE MEANS REMOTE!





Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Fresh new batteries. Remote is the same one for 2 years and BRAND NEW REMOTE made not difference. 

 

LOL are you going to tell me when I had sound from channel 71 and 53 swapped it was my Remote?

 

Do you know how bad of service it is to tell the customer it is his fault for a remote that worked fine for 1 year, yet for 7 hours it does not work?

Then magically works fine again for the next 2 months? Yet when we go online and find out many have the same issue all at same time?

 

Is there a problem with you guys at Comcast taking responsibility for own screw ups?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag


I am not a Comcast employee. Comcast employees have red letter user names. 

X1 service works perfectly
when your remotes are RF paired and your incoming and outgoing signal levels are within spec. Sounds like you are in over your head here. Call Comcast and have them send a tech out to resolve your issues.


richgilbertson wrote:

Fresh new batteries. Remote is the same one for 2 years and BRAND NEW REMOTE made not difference. 

 

LOL are you going to tell me when I had sound from channel 71 and 53 swapped it was my Remote?

 

Do you know how bad of service it is to tell the customer it is his fault for a remote that worked fine for 1 year, yet for 7 hours it does not work?

Then magically works fine again for the next 2 months? Yet when we go online and find out many have the same issue all at same time?

 

Is there a problem with you guys at Comcast taking responsibility for own screw ups?





Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Look I know the pairing is correct and the Tech came out to check it so you are just flat out on the wrong track.

 

Secondly I have been a customer longer then you have. 

 

I have been a customer since the original Corporation was called White Wats Long Distance  and it was Phone with internet added features in 1986!

(Dial Notes instead of Clicks was a new thing back then.)

 

So sorry you totally wrong as to the issue and prolems.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag


Well then,

Why has my X1 service worked perfectly for 2.5 years and yours doesn't? It would seem in regards to X1 I may know a few things you don't.

Please check your private messages...



Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Lucky you. Does that mean I am a liar about my problems?

Does that mean you know everthing?

Do you know how you sound to other customers with similar complaints?

Sounds like you think you know everthing and everyone is wrong but you.

Could be you are not intrested in fixing the issue but want a great rating for defending anything at Comcast as infalable.

 

By the way you claimed other IR signals? What do you think the range of a remote IR signal is? 

So accroding to you a signal from a neighbor with same exact TV and pairing is my issue.

 

So how is it that last night my sound on channel 53 was swapped with sound on channel 71? 

Exactly how did my remote pull that one off? (It is back to normal now by the way.)

 

I do not see you posting any confirmation on the fact I know how that box works with the servers.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag


I already told you how to fix it. RF pair your remotes: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

If that doesn't solve the lag issues that means you have signal deficiencies that need to be addressed. As I said earlier I suggest you get a tech out to address the signal problems.



richgilbertson wrote:

Lucky you. Does that mean I am a liar about my problems?

Does that mean you know everthing?

Do you know how you sound to other customers with similar complaints?

Sounds like you think you know everthing and everyone is wrong but you.

Could be you are not intrested in fixing the issue but want a great rating for defending anything at Comcast as infalable.

 

By the way you claimed other IR signals? What do you think the range of a remote IR signal is? 

So accroding to you a signal from a neighbor with same exact TV and pairing is my issue.

 

So how is it that last night my sound on channel 53 was swapped with sound on channel 71? 

Exactly how did my remote pull that one off? (It is back to normal now by the way.)

 

I do not see you posting any confirmation on the fact I know how that box works with the servers.


 

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

I have the same problem - laggy performance on my X1 box in the basement.  Not terrible, but it detracts from my experience.  The model number for the box is PR150NM (blue LED).  The box receives the signal right away (starts to process the command) but it takes several seconds for the commands to finish.  For example, I'll press the "last" button to get the last set of channels watched.  The screen will start respond right away - you can tell it received the command, but its 3-5 seconds before the channels are actually displayed in the list.  The problem is nothing to do with the remote. 

 

The PR150NM box has a signal tester in the settings - my signal always tests "good".  My internet speed tests at 180 mb/sec (using a wired connection).  So no problem with signal to the box, or my itnernet connection in general.

 

I don't know why the guy above keeps recommending RF pairing.  There is nothing wrong with IR if you have a line of site.  RF pairing is for when you want to put the box somewhere without line of site.  My main DVR box is in another room so I switched to RF for that box.  However I used IR before that - no problems.  I've always found RF pairting to be a little slower than old-fashioned IR, but is acceptable in most devices now.   Anyways the signal coming from the remote is not the problem - the problem is how long it takes the box to process commands.    

 

When using the guide, I need to wait about 1-2 seconds before moving to the next page.  Not terrible, but still annoying when you have to sift through so many channels you don't want to see.  Using Favorites is the only way to really make the system usable.    Other operations are much laggier - searching for channels is slow and laggy, and requires patience.  It takes effort not to double-press, you just have to assume the remote recieved the command and wait it out.    Everything was much faster when I had DirecTV.  Since my DVR box does not have this issue, I'm assuming the issue is with the hardware - the PR150NM doesn't have the performance needed for what Comcast is trying to do.  When my 2 year contract is up, I will be looking to fix this issue, or switching service.   

 

 

 

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Yes, an RNG150 is garbage. Since you have a DVR, swap it for another box like an XiD. Swapping equipment has no bearing on your contract and can be done at any time.

 

RF pairing does fix a few things (but not everything). X1 boxes are super sensitive to IR issues.

 

 

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Hello Kevinmatney6528,

I apologize for your remote issues. Aside from RF pairing we would have to get a technician out to troubleshoot the issue. You can swap out equipment free of charge at an XFINITY store/service center.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Or, you could just reboot your X1 (worked for me)

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Our X1 remote when fast forwarding the screen will show the scale on the screen and then moves to the end of the program we were watching. This doesn't happen all the time but it seems to happen more time the not. Anyone with a suggestion I would appreciate any at this time.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag


Lorna18 wrote:

Our X1 remote when fast forwarding the screen will show the scale on the screen and then moves to the end of the program we were watching. This doesn't happen all the time but it seems to happen more time the not. Anyone with a suggestion I would appreciate any at this time.


Try short taps on the ff button.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Others have mentioned this issue. There is at least one current thread running on it.

Over the past week, on two occasions when using the 30 skip the DVR jumped way ahead so there is an issue here.

However it hasn't happened enough that it bothers me. I would bet a full reboot would fix it
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

I have explained many times the problem is SERVER LAG or SERVER OVERLOAD or mostly BAD DESIGN.

 

Look a common problem with lag on a system is expecting a single pipeline solution not to be affected by the design.

 

20  years ago a credit card took less then a second to be apporved using Phone Lines with no PIN!!!

Today using internet cable it can take 4 seconds for that same approval...WHY? Well SERVER LAG from overload!

 

Same issue exists for the Remote Control people use for Comcast TV. Today they track what stations are selected and when.

You cannot gather that data unless you have a server that is sent that data and sends back approvals for what channels are authorized.

 

Why Comcast (Xfinity) wants to deny how the design works is amazing to me. Is the reason to not appear to be tracking Customers?

Contributor

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

A Reboot several times including RESET Botton on Modem did nothing. 

 

Eventually the problem disappeared, but honestly the issue was AT COMCAST SERVERS.

 

Example yesterday the TV LISTINGS were wrong on several channels and some TV Programs where totally incorrectly listed.

 

Also a RESET did nothing from my origianal issue of sound on channel 71 and channel 53 being swaped. That is a SERVER ISSUE!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Control Command Lag

Year and a half old marked "solved" topic now being locked to prevent further degradation.