Community Forum

X1 Recording From The Beginning Of A Program In Progress

Frequent Visitor

X1 Recording From The Beginning Of A Program In Progress

I've recently switched from a well known satellite provider to X1. Overall I'm enjoying the service but am disappointed to learn that my DVR cannot record going back to the beginning of a program I'm already watching. I saw this explanation (below) in the Support site...

>> "If you have a built-in DVR, what happens will depend on the DVR you have. When recording a program in-progress, some built-in DVRs will include the portion of the program stored in the buffer. Others are only able to start the recording from the time you press Record."

As far as I know, my DVR records in the cloud. My question is, which DVR would I need to record what's stored in the buffer?

Expert

Re: X1 Recording From The Beginning Of A Program In Progress

@michaelhall wrote:

I've recently switched from a well known satellite provider to X1. Overall I'm enjoying the service but am disappointed to learn that my DVR cannot record going back to the beginning of a program I'm already watching. I saw this explanation (below) in the Support site...

>> "If you have a built-in DVR, what happens will depend on the DVR you have. When recording a program in-progress, some built-in DVRs will include the portion of the program stored in the buffer. Others are only able to start the recording from the time you press Record."

As far as I know, my DVR records in the cloud. My question is, which DVR would I need to record what's stored in the buffer?

a non-X! legacy 2 tuner DVR still records the buffer in the home. no cloud DVR can record buffer (so far).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!