Community Forum

X1 Problems

Frequent Visitor

X1 Problems

I have had X1 service for about a week now. My main X1 box works fine and have never had any problems with it. I have two remote X1 boxes in upstairs boxes and they have been a constant problem. They will work one day and the next day when I turn the TV on I usually get an RDK-10000

error message or similar. The wiring in my house was a spider web of cables and splitters so I rewired using a PPC Evolution 9 Port hub and running individual runs to each TV. Same thing. If I call Xfinity and rep sends a refresh signal remote boxes will work until next morning when I turn TVs on again. I have one DTA box that is working fine and have never had a problem with it. I am getting very frustrated and wish I never switched to the X1 platform.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: X1 Problems

What port of the amp is your XG2 on? The DTA doesn’t need to communicate back and forth or with any other equipment.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The DTA box is connected to one of the common "Outputs" on the amp.

Diamond Problem Solver

Not the DTA, the XG2 your main box

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

See the source image

It is connected to the bottom third output from right side

Frequent Visitor
Diamond Problem Solver

That’s the right amp and port. The XiDs are presently showing offline, with no moca connection. Try bypassing the amp?

Frequent Visitor

It worked the same before adding the amp and removing all the splitters. XG2 box always works fine and no problems with internet. Speed test shows download at 290 mbs. If a reset signal is sent boxes work fine until next day. I read that boxes are reset overnite? Could this be source of problem? Last thing I am going to try is replacing connector on entrance cable.

Frequent Visitor

Also wanted to add I have terminators on all unused ports.

Frequent Visitor

I have even tried just using a 2-way splitter with one line going to XG2 box and other going to Xid box with same problem.

Diamond Problem Solver

If you can, reset all 3 of your boxes to get to live tv

Frequent Visitor

I am at work now so I just requested on line to restart my boxes.

Can you verify if the XiDs are online.

Frequent Visitor

Disconnected amp. Connected to a 4-way splitter and now all is working.

Diamond Problem Solver

The problem seems to be that you’re missing a POE (moca) filter. The filter basically keeps your services in and neighbors out. Now that you’ve removed the amp there’s boxes that are showing up connected to your services that aren’t yours. You should have a tech out to add the filter

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I will install a POE Moca filter.

Diamond Problem Solver

If you get one just add it right at the 4 way splitter

Frequent Visitor

Andrew,

POE moca filter was added. Could you check my signal again please to see if it is any better? Hooked up to amp again and everything is working perfectly.

Diamond Problem Solver

Yep everything is back to good

Bronze Problem Solver

dvanarts1 -- I see ComcsatAndrew has helped you and you mentioned everything is back to good. Do you need any further assistance?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.