Community Forum

X1 Platform powering up

New Poster

X1 Platform powering up

My TV screen has message:  Welcome to X1 Platform

Powering up. This may take a few minutes

I have had my TV on for over an hour and this message remains. All other functions on the remote are working.

I just can't get a picture. I have tried turning TV off and on several times.

What can I do?

Expert

Re: X1 Platform powering up

Leslie58 wrote:

I have had my TV on for over an hour and this message remains. All other functions on the remote are working.

What can I do?

any error message on the screen? is it reddish? do you have any other x1 or dta adapters in your home? If so, do they work? have internet? working?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Silver Problem Solver

Leslie58 wrote:

What can I do?

Did you unplug the X1 STB for at least a minute and plug it back in?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Thank you very much to the problem and solution posters!  I woke up to very same problem this morning, and unplugged power to to cable box for a minute and plugged it back in, and 'waalaa' works fine!   Thanks for saving me unknown time on phone with customer service!