Community Forum

X1 Platform Box Clock Brightness

New Poster

X1 Platform Box Clock Brightness

Have an X1 Platform DVR. Can the clock display on the box be adjusted to less brightnesss.? if so, how?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Platform Box Clock Brightness

Three or four very recent threads running on this. No need to start another one.

Trophydad wrote:

Have an X1 Platform DVR. Can the clock display on the box be adjusted to less brightnesss.? if so, how?

New Poster

Was an answer ever provided? if so, what as the answer.
Contributor

im not sure of youre asking because you recently had a problem where the clock brightness/led went on and you cant turn it off completely (me and another poster here had that priblem recently and comcast corrected it for us) or youre just asking in general how to adjust it.

if that's the case, yes, you can adjust the brightness and even turn it off complety (my personal preference!)
1. push the 'XFINITY' button on your remote
2. scroll to the 'gear' icon
3.push 'OK'
4.scroll to 'device settings' and push 'OK'
5.scroll to 'device lights' and push 'OK'
6. scroll to 'clock brightness' and push 'OK'
7.scroll thru the brightness options
8. exit
New Poster

I just upgraded to X1 myself and the clock was blinding.  Hit the xfinity button on your remote.  Go to settings (the sprocket after apps)... Then Device Settings... At the bottom you will see Device Lights. Click that and  then you can adjust it.  Hope this helps. Later

New Poster

Thank you for this information
Frequent Visitor

Box Clock Brightness

I just had to upgrade my 2 DVR boxes. I don't have X1, but have the brightness problem. I don't have the same menu selections you are discussing. There are no 'settings' or a gear icon. Anybody help?

Thanks,

Morgan

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Box Clock Brightness

If you don't have X1, you probably posted this in the wrong forum. Maybe you could post the model number of the box you are talking about....

Mswisher01 wrote:

I just had to upgrade my 2 DVR boxes. I don't have X1, but have the brightness problem. I don't have the same menu selections you are discussing. There are no 'settings' or a gear icon. Anybody help?

Thanks,

Morgan

Frequent Visitor

Ok, Thanks, I'll try to find the other forum. BTW it's a RNG200N.

Morgan

Gold Problem Solver

It's been a while since I used an RNG-200 but I don't recall a brightness setting adjustment.

Mswisher01 wrote:

Ok, Thanks, I'll try to find the other forum. BTW it's a RNG200N.

Morgan

Silver Problem Solver

Nope, none of the legacy boxes have brightness adjustments.

Frequent Visitor

Wow, I don't get it. Comcast made me change out my DVR saying I needed to 'Upgrade' to be ready for the new HD programming. What a pain catching up on the programs I had still on the DVR, and losing some (I usually keep it about 80% full on one and 30% on the other as we record a lot of shows) Now you're telling me this is old technology? That is really wrong!

Morgan

Silver Problem Solver

Mswisher01 wrote:

Wow, I don't get it. Comcast made me change out my DVR saying I needed to 'Upgrade' to be ready for the new HD programming. What a pain catching up on the programs I had still on the DVR, and losing some (I usually keep it about 80% full on one and 30% on the other as we record a lot of shows) Now you're telling me this is old technology? That is really wrong!

Morgan

If you wanted to upgrade to X1 to be MPEG4 ready then you were more than capable of asking to upgrade to X1.

Frequent Visitor

Huh? I didn't want X1.

Gold Problem Solver

Mswisher01 wrote:

Huh? I didn't want X1.

Sounds like CSR upgraded you from an older non-MPEG4 DVR to the X1 system, when you could have just upgraded to an RNG200N and been compliant....   DO you remeber the model # of your old DVR?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Admin1

Mswisher01,

You're talking about the front panel clock brightness? The RNG200N doesn't have that option. Those were given to you as upgraded boxes in conjunction with the HD Enhanced program. They are MPEG-4 formatted boxes versus the MPEG-2 boxes you had. The boxes you got give you more recording space.

Contributor

I just upgraded my DVR to an X1 system today. That clock is bright. And yes I found the adjustment in the menu and dropped it from 3 to 1. Still too bright. There needs to be a couple more adjustments in there to go even dimmer.

Expert

kbriggs wrote:

I just upgraded my DVR to an X1 system today. That clock is bright. And yes I found the adjustment in the menu and dropped it from 3 to 1. Still too bright. There needs to be a couple more adjustments in there to go even dimmer.

I put all my devices on level '1' and turned the power light complely off.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

The blue power light is fine on mine even at level 2. It's just that clock. And I don't want to turn it completely off. Maybe I can find some kind of filter to put over it.

Silver Problem Solver

kbriggs wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

The blue power light is fine on mine even at level 2. It's just that clock. And I don't want to turn it completely off. Maybe I can find some kind of filter to put over it.

Are you saying that with the clock brightness set to "1", it is still too bright?  Does the brightness change with the three settings?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

RobertWy wrote:

Are you saying that with the clock brightness set to "1", it is still too bright?  Does the brightness change with the three settings?

Yes, in a dark room it is distracting, even at 1. Level 3 (the default) was crazy bright white. I think it needs 5 levels where the current 1/2/3 should be 3/4/5. The blue power light settings are much more reasonable. I could barely see it on level 1 so I put it at level 2.

New Poster

After holding for a customer service person to help me I hang up and googled how to adjust brightness on DVR and thank you it worked.