Community Forum

X1 Picture is pixelated, not clear, happens often

Regular Visitor

X1 Picture is pixelated, not clear, happens often

We have two Xfinity boxes, both with X1 technology and we pay for having HBO and other premium channels.  We are beginning to wonder why we are paying for the extra channels simply because when we go to watch anything onDemand we typically have to fight the pixelation or unclear picture.  Normally we try turning off the system, then we try and unplug, then we do all the above and wait 15 mins all so we can still pay for the premium channels that aren't coming through.  Can  someone validate as to why I would continue to use this service and subscribe to this company, knowing there is competition out there that may offer a clear picture without continuous issues that are solved on a micro level and continue to occur.  This is an issue we've had now for over a year and while I understand intermitent errors, this has now become a chronic issue that we now have to deal with on a daily basis.  Either fix the error, or stop billing me each month for your service!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Picture is pixelated, not clear, happens often

Glove,

"Pixelation" is a CLASSIC indicator of incoming signal issues. You have a wring or connection problem (possibly within your house but possibly not) which are leading to signal deficiencies.

X1 boxes require much better signal quality than legacy boxes do, both incoming and outgoing. Just because legacy boxes worked is no guaranty X1 will work.

I am sorry that you are having trouble but issues just like yours are discussed in this forum on a daily basis. The answers to your issues are out there and they are not hard to find. The fact that you tolerated these issues for "over a year" falls to you. I wouldn't tolerate the issues you are having for a week let alone a month or a year.

You need to get a tech out. If you have had a tech out, you need to get another one out. I am 98% your issues are FIXABLE. My X1 service has been relaible for over two years now and I am not alone.

FYI, this forum consists primarily of Comcast customers just like you and me. Comcast employees have red letter user names and they participate in this forum on a casual basis. If you are posting here to get help, you will probably have a better chance in the customer service forum.

glove89 wrote:

We have two Xfinity boxes, both with X1 technology and we pay for having HBO and other premium channels.  We are beginning to wonder why we are paying for the extra channels simply because when we go to watch anything onDemand we typically have to fight the pixelation or unclear picture.  Normally we try turning off the system, then we try and unplug, then we do all the above and wait 15 mins all so we can still pay for the premium channels that aren't coming through.  Can  someone validate as to why I would continue to use this service and subscribe to this company, knowing there is competition out there that may offer a clear picture without continuous issues that are solved on a micro level and continue to occur.  This is an issue we've had now for over a year and while I understand intermitent errors, this has now become a chronic issue that we now have to deal with on a daily basis.  Either fix the error, or stop billing me each month for your service!

Official Employee

glove89 wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. This condition can and should be corrected. The link below provides some general information on this condition:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Pixelation-video-and-audio-dropouts-One-Moment-...

To be clear, for video issues with the TV signal like what you described above, it is almost always a local signal issue, bad cable, amplifier, splitter or outside the home issue.

I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get this condition resolved. A technician visit may be required to resolve.

Thanks for your patience.

Official Employee

Hi glove89, in reviewing your account I am showing upstream issues that are likely causing your pixelation issue. I will send you  a private message to get a technician scheduled.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

We have the same issue for months now, they give every excuse why its not a comcast issue, now they wont even repy to calls or emails, this needs to be fixed now...
Regular Visitor

Tech worked on it, worked fine for 2 hrs, now right back to messed up,....AGAIN.....
Expert

Dean69 wrote:
Tech worked on it, worked fine for 2 hrs, now right back to messed up,....AGAIN.....

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.