Community Forum

X1 PiP

Regular Contributor

X1 PiP

I wonder if Comcast has any plans to incorporate Picture in Picture into the X1 DVR. It's my understanding that the unit has 6 tuners, yet only 5 are currently utilized. Perhaps the 6th could be used for PiP. I, for one, would love it!

Dave

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 PiP

The only PIP X1 supports is one in the bottom right corner of the screen when you press the B button on the remote.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

A while back someone from Comcast (possibly Sarah) said that they didn't know if PIP was even technically possible with X1. It might have something to do with how X1 utilizes and controls its tuners...

This is one feature I would not hold your breath waiting for...

relaximus wrote:

I wonder if Comcast has any plans to incorporate Picture in Picture into the X1 DVR. It's my understanding that the unit has 6 tuners, yet only 5 are currently utilized. Perhaps the 6th could be used for PiP. I, for one, would love it!

Dave

Regular Contributor

That's a shame Rick. That would be one feature/enhancement that I would love to see.

Dave

Problem Solver

relaximus wrote:

That's a shame Rick. That would be one feature/enhancement that I would love to see.

Dave

Dave I am sure they could do it, but I could imagine that it would cause tons of bugs or over tax the box.

Regular Contributor

If Comcast would just Open Source the software, I'd do it myself. In fact, I'm sure there are many other software professionals that would love to get in there and fix things for them.

Dave

New Poster

I have my pip hooked up using a vcr. Not HD but works fine for sports.  Have to  use the  tv remote to control the pip and had to get a digital box to run the vcr through. Works.

New Poster

I used to be able to activate the pip feature on my x1 by pushing the "b" button on my remote. If was viewing the "on demand" menu, I would just push the "b" button and I could view a small window with the program in it and also see the on demand menu.

Well, now, when I'm in "on demand" and push "b", I lose the on demand and all there is on the screen is this little window with the program in it.

What happened to this function?

Gold Problem Solver

It's workin fine here in the Twin Cities.

Unplug and reboot your X1 box...

WinWal wrote:

I used to be able to activate the pip feature on my x1 by pushing the "b" button on my remote. If was viewing the "on demand" menu, I would just push the "b" button and I could view a small window with the program in it and also see the on demand menu.

Well, now, when I'm in "on demand" and push "b", I lose the on demand and all there is on the screen is this little window with the program in it.

New Poster

I'm sorry, but I tried that and it doesn't fix the problem.

New Poster

Since I'm here, could someone tell why when when I create a favorites list using the 800 series channels, I now have the same channels from the 400 series. If I delete the channels in the 400 series, it deletes the 800 series channel that is its duplicate.

For example: 804 = CBS I want that to be my favorite, but now when I choose it, I get 433 also and if I delete 433, it deletes 804.

These two problems the PIP and Favorites issue didn't exist when I first got x1.

Can someone help with that?

Regular Contributor

WinWal wrote:

I think your talking about the BUG where the little video preview window causes the backround like the big guide or On Demand to go completely black.

Did you use happen to use the mini guide by chance? Because that's what causes the backround to be blank on my Arris XG1v1 boxes.

See here http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Mini-guide-and-little-video-preview-window-causing-Black-screen/td-p...

New Poster

gate1975 Thanks for the link. It looks like the problem PIP or picture in picture is fixed.

gate: Do you know anything about the favorites list. I set up my favorites to include the 800 series, but the same channels in the 400 series also show up. This didn't happen when I first got X1.

When I try to delete the channels in the 400 series, the channels from the 800 series also get deleted from my favorite. As I said, this didn't happen when I first got the box.

Thanks in advance.

Regular Visitor

An alternative is to use an ipad or laptop placed next to the TV and watch any channel with the X1 App. No remote options though.

Regular Visitor

Same thing with me. I was about to call and ask, then decided to check the forums first.

Expert

locking 2 year old thread

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.